The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
tb-software.com: Euphonia 1.0, optimal audio spectrum balancing plugin released
Old 16th May 2014
Gear Maniac

Software tb-software.com: Euphonia 1.0, optimal audio spectrum balancing plugin released

tb-software.com has released Euphonia, optimal audio spectrum balancing plugin for the mastering stage.

Euphonia compares the spectral fingerprint against build-in curves (Pop/Rock/Dance/Jazz/DubStep) and calculates filter settings so that the spectrum of the audio follows the selected average spectrum curves.

Euphonia is used during the music production process. Spectral adjustments are usually done right after the final mix, but before usage of any sounding equalizer, master compressors or limiters.

Euphonia is also very effective in restoration/remastering environment. It could refresh airless recordings quite easily. Euphonia could also point out mistakes in the mix or even in the listening environment.

System Requirements:

- VST2/VST3 32/64 Plugin for Windows
- 32/64Bit DAW under Microsoft Windows XP SP3, Vista and Windows 7/8
- Tested with: Cockos Reaper, Steinberg Cubase/Nuendo/Wavelab 6
- Demo version available

Please find more information here: www.tb-software.com/TBProAudio
-tb-software
Old 17th May 2014
Lives for gear

Seems that your website is down.
Old 18th May 2014
Gear Maniac

works perfectly here :-)
Old 19th May 2014
Lives for gear

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL: Professional Audio Tools

Read Error

The system returned: (104) Connection reset by peer

An error condition occurred while reading data from the network. Please retry your request.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.

Generated Mon, 19 May 2014 09:49:00 GMT by tx22rrpep21b (hpm/3.0.70.2)
Old 14th June 2014
Gear Maniac

V1.1 Released with some minor fixes
Cheers
-tb-software
Old 14th June 2014
Lives for gear
so I have the demo version, tried it with the presets only (I can do that? without capturing anything?? or did I understand the whole concept NOT?) and I am not sure to hear some differences. maybe there are some, but I am not sure, because if there are some they are subtle. what means that my mixes are good and Euphonia cant enhance or alter them, what I think is not the most likely case, or I did anything completely wrong and I didnt get it work at all. :-))

I am confused ... please help??
Old 14th June 2014
Lives for gear
I think I got it.

another question: I use to load a pre-figured-chain in my Cubase master-channel. if I have euphobia as first plugin on the master, and I load another project, will euphobia then load the corresponding .eph-file? I guess not, or? I guess Euphobia then will load the .eph-file, that was active when I saved the channel-configuration? what would make it hassle to mix with Euphobia a whole album that has in its mixes a consistent sound ... hm.
Old 14th June 2014
Lives for gear
I am not done for today. sorry. :-))

when I engage Euphobia I experience cpu-spikes, in the form of the cpu-load going approximately every half second in the red and this flashing into overload continues as long as Euphobia is engaged. it doesnt go away when I bypass Euphobia, but goes away, when I switch it completely off. this spikes affect the audio-signal in a bad way in projects where the cpu-load is around 40%. in projects lower than that there is no audible interference. (win 7/32 bit, 4 gb ram)
Old 14th June 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteaxxxe View Post
so I have the demo version, tried it with the presets only (I can do that? without capturing anything?? or did I understand the whole concept NOT?) and I am not sure to hear some differences. maybe there are some, but I am not sure, because if there are some they are subtle. what means that my mixes are good and Euphonia cant enhance or alter them, what I think is not the most likely case, or I did anything completely wrong and I didnt get it work at all. :-))

I am confused ... please help??
Yes, you need to start capturing process first before you can do anything. The plugin needs to capture the "fingerprint" of the audio.
As soon capturing is done (after 90 secs in demo mode, usually after the whole song is played), just press "process" button and let the DAW play again.

Now you can change music style with "Tuning" knob.
You can find a tutorial here.

Be aware, the effect could be dramatically.The genre settings have to match your music style
But if you use an acceptable listening environment and compare it with relased masters you will know what i mean.
Old 14th June 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I think I got it.

another question: I use to load a pre-figured-chain in my Cubase master-channel. if I have euphobia as first plugin on the master, and I load another project, will euphobia then load the corresponding .eph-file? I guess not, or? I guess Euphobia then will load the .eph-file, that was active when I saved the channel-configuration? what would make it hassle to mix with Euphobia a whole album that has in its mixes a consistent sound ... hm.
The save and load buttons are just for safety
The fingerprint (captured audio) is stored with project in the DAW.
Old 14th June 2014
Lives for gear
thank you. wonderful. works as I hoped it would. thats what I was wondering about, after fingerprinting the changes were really subtle. so I guess my mixes are ok. :-)))

but the cpu-spikes do bother me, the pulsating of it.
Old 14th June 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I am not done for today. sorry. :-))

when I engage Euphobia I experience cpu-spikes, in the form of the cpu-load going approximately every half second in the red and this flashing into overload continues as long as Euphobia is engaged. it doesnt go away when I bypass Euphobia, but goes away, when I switch it completely off. this spikes affect the audio-signal in a bad way in projects where the cpu-load is around 40%. in projects lower than that there is no audible interference. (win 7/32 bit, 4 gb ram)
Which DAW are you using?

I need to simulate 40% CPU load situation, i will give you feedback asap.
I compared CPU load with other VSTs to be used during mastering, should be in same range.
Old 14th June 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
thank you. wonderful. works as I hoped it would. thats what I was wondering about, after fingerprinting the changes were really subtle. so I guess my mixes are ok. :-)))

but the cpu-spikes do bother me, the pulsating of it.
Great, just check your master on different audio systems like car, smartphone or headphone!!

It could be that your "new" mastering chain drives your PC to the limit, 40% CPU load is a lot. I will check.
Old 14th June 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Just note that in demo mode you can capture only 90 secs. So capturing the full song makes sure that everything is under control
Old 14th June 2014
Lives for gear
I use Cubase as DAW. 40% cpu-oad means, that the meter in Cubase says this. and this is then including Euphobia. and then there are the spikes every half second. the cpu-meter looks like a flashlight. win7 performance-meter gives me the same spikes.
Old 15th June 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I use Cubase as DAW. 40% cpu-oad means, that the meter in Cubase says this. and this is then including Euphobia. and then there are the spikes every half second. the cpu-meter looks like a flashlight. win7 performance-meter gives me the same spikes.
I made some test with following system:
Dell Inspiron 1520 (Laptop)
CPU: Intel Core DUO T7300, 2GHz
RAM: 2G
Buildin Audio, ASIO4ALL
DAW: Reaper 4.62 x32

Setup: just one audio file
Plugins: Euphonia VST + AIO Master VST

Measurement (CPU load, measured inside Reaper)

Pause state:
Reaper Processing 0%
Euphonia VST ~7%
AIO Master VST ~23%
Total: ~30%

Play State:
Reaper Processing ~13%
Euphonia VST ~7%
AIO Master VST ~23%
Total: ~43%

No crackles, no audio glitches, everything fine

I hope this helps
Old 15th June 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Yes, i got it as well, i tested on the same configuration as above, but now with Cubase 5.1.1.

I was able to overcome this situation by setting ASIO buffer to ~2048 samples and higher.
In fact my ASIO load (in Cubase) is around 80% (with ASIO buffer set to 2048, ~50ms), constantly blinking, but audio is crackle free and offline render is perfect.

So maybe an upgrade of HW (CPU, RAM and audio) could solve this situation if above does not help.

Hope this helps
Old 15th June 2014
Lives for gear
thanks for your effort. yes, I think I should do something on the HW. with me audio is not crackle free, but as with you offline rendering is ok.
Old 4th October 2014
Gear Maniac

V1.5 Released

New release adds custom reference curves:
load any audio files into the DAW, capture and store as reference file. Use it then as custom reference curve

Regards
TBProAudio
Old 13th April 2015
So has anyone used this? Curious because often thought something like this would make a lot of sense.....
Old 19th January 2016
Gear Maniac

AAX Win/OSX released
Old 16th June 2016
TJC
Here for the gear

Yes I tried it and it sounds awful. It takes out the bass and lower mids of tracks and you can't control how much it takes out. Plus it gives the track a very stange almost phased sort of sound, but without the modulation you hear in phasing, almost like the phaser is stuck . Bought the plugin a few days ago, and would love a refund from TB Software.

I found a much better plugin to use for spectral matching by a company called Melda Productions. These plugins work damn well and sound fantastic and the amount of spectral change can be dialled in which I couldn't do with Euphonia.

Other ones which I have tried and work in AAX format on a MAC and do spectral matching are: Izotope Ozone EQ and Fabfilter Pro Q2. I haven't tried the following but they all do spectral matching from what I can see. How well I don't know. Elevayta Freqboy , Voxengo Curve EQ and DMG Equality. So lots of options here. Some of these are VST/AU only but a converter like Bluecat MB7 works brilliantly in PT11 to convert VST/AU to AAX.

So euphonia is being uninstalled, and the Melda MAuto EQualizer plugin purchased when I save up for it. The Melda plugin also comes with a whole lots of genre based reference files, or you can add your own, which you can do with Euphonia too. I put this side by side with Euphonia and no comparison, the MAuto sounded so much better.

Tried Melda on commercial tracks with little to no effect, which is what you'd expect for a well Eq'd track. So for me MautoEqualizer wins out big time over Euphonia, and sorry about this bad review TBSoftware but please get your plug working properly before selling it to the public. Money doesn't grow on trees guys. Maybe you can work on it and make it work the way it should ! I have to say the few genres available really don't cut it, as well as the lack of an "amount" adjustment for how much spectral shaping is done which makes the plugin impossible to use for subtle shaping.

I guess the moral here is I should have tried the demo for Euphonia first, so my bad, but I certainly wouldn't recommend this plugin to anyone in it's present state, as far as I'm concerned it's money down the drain.

Cheers
Old 16th June 2016
Gear Maniac

Thank you for our open feedback.
"Amount" parameter is on your todolist, thanks for this.
If you don't mind we can offer you getting Euphonia to work, with help of our email support. Thios should not be a big thing.
Loading mentioned products ...
Topic:

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search