The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Introducing Auganizer. Finally, rename and organise your Audio Units the way YOU want
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Addict

Software Introducing Auganizer. Finally, rename and organise your Audio Units the way YOU want

Finally, you can rename, reorder, organise and arrange your Audio Units the way YOU want to. Introducing Auganizer, the worlds first full and proper Audio Unit management app for OSX.

Apart from some long winded time consuming hack-y methods, renaming your Audiounits has never been an option. Many OSX users have longed for the pre-AU days when you could arrange plugins by folder in the categories you wanted, to make work flow easier and more intuitive. Now, once your collection grows past a certain level you’re left with a long list of developers names. You find yourself reaching for the same plugins just because you know where it is in the list, or because you remember who makes it. Often I was found scrambling around trying to remember exactly where the plugin I wanted to use was or removing batches of free or budget plugins because they clutter the list up too much.

Not any more. We’ve made it possible to arrange plugins by group, sub group and custom name. You could for instance organise plugins into “Compressors” with sub groups such as “Multi-Band”, “Single Band”, “Buss” and “Mastering”, and name them whatever you refer to them as, the way you work. The same way you could turn to your rack of compressors in the studio and choose by the way you’d organised them, you can now do, in the box, with Audio Units.

Before:

After:

We’ve put powerful filtering and search tools within the app so you can find the types of plugins you want to rename in one go. You can select multiple plugins to rename them all into the same top, or sub group quickly and easily.

To make identifying your plugins easier in the list we've added OSX's native cover flow which loads up the GUI's of your plugins so you can easily be reminded exactly what some of those lesser known plugins are within the app and rename as and organise as you see fit. We work directly with Logic 7, 8, 9, X, Garageband and MainStage this means you don't need to rescan your plugins each time you make changes, simply close and reopen your sequencer and any changes you've made will be live.

You can find out more about 'Auganizer' or our website. We've tried to price this product so that its a "no brainer" purchase for any user of a compatible Audio Unit host on OSX either pro or hobbyist. It'll save you time and make your workflow quicker, more intuitive and more enjoyable.

Testimonials

"just installed this! it has changed my life ..." - Steve Angello, Swedish House Mafia, Size Records.

"As a long time Logic user and owner of most damn plug-ins that have ever been developed, I very much welcome this solution!" - Henrik, Softube

"If you're looking for a way to organise your Audio Unit plugins we recommend Auganizer, it's very very dope and makes a massive difference to the way you access plugins in your DAW. It's the simple things!" - Evil Nine Records

"I just wanted to thank you for an AMAZING product. The latest update is so good. You guys have done an incredible job with this application." - Eric Cardenas, EC Making Sound

and many more on our website...

Announcing v1.1

It’s here! Auganizer v1.1. This release is all about adding compatibility and functionality across the board. We’ve made lots of changes on the backend of the software to cater for just about every plugin out there. Everything is silky smooth and running great and we’ve added a whole bunch of features since v1.01 including, but not limited to.

The ability to free up disk space by applying all changes to your system folder after editing.
Logic presets now follow plugin renames around no matter how many times you change, update or revert.
We’ve added support for Automap enabled plugins.
Full compatibility with Garageband 10.
The ability to revert all plugins (or selected plugins) to a pure pre Auganizer state.
The ability refresh the plugin list without closing and opening Auganizer.
New "Auganized" folder for Ableton users (see post about Ableton limitations here)
Various improvements based on user feedback.

We’ve squashed lots of bugs too including:
Unlocking plugins for users with a custom home directory
Wrong popups for updated components when two versions of the same plugin exist
A crash that could occur when quitting Auganizer
Fixes for 32Lives GUI’s in Auganizer (100% compatibility with 32Lives now)
Fixed bug for “iLok not found” in Slate Digital VBC
Bugs fixed for missing GUIs (by adding, “copy back to system folder” feature)
Signed plugins are no longer touched or edited.
In testing, 100% compatibility with every plugin developer, there are currently no known problem plugins.

We’re very happy with Auganizer 1.1, we brought forward a lot of features planned for the future to accommodate the way some plugins work which means we’re ahead of our planned roadmap and yet we still lots of ideas to implement going forward. Auganizer 1.1 is solid, reliable and feature packed.

I'd like to thank all the companies who’ve been so kind to contribute, support or help with v1.1 by donating their great products or working closely with us including but not limited to Native Instruments, Waves, Slate Digital, The Plugin Alliance, Sonnox, Softube, Lexicon, MCDSP, Fab Filter, FXPansion, Gforce, Arturia, Fluxtone, Focusrite, Audio Damage, Sonalksis, SKnote, Sinevibes, reFX, PSP Audioware, Plug & Mix, XILS Labs, D16 Group, Spectrasonics, u-he, Tritone Digital, Toneboosters, Tone2, Sugar Bytes, Stillwell, SPL, Ploytek, OHMForce, Nomad Factory, MOTU, Matthew Lane, Madrona Labs, LVC-Audio, Kusa, Kussa, Hornet, HOFA, HeelAudio, Hamberg Audio, Glitch Machines, Expert Sleepers, Eareckon, Cytomic, Cycling74, Cakewalk, Cableguys, Boz Digital Labs, Audioease, Audio Realism, AccSone, 112db, Kilohearts, Acoustica-Audio, Vienna Symphonic Libraries, Rob Papen, IK Multimedia, Melda Production, Plugin Boutique, UVI, Vir2.

v1.1.4
Improved interaction between Ableton Live, 32 Lives and Automap plug-ins.
Auganizer now follows all aliases in the presets path.
Bugs fixed:

Ableton Live now correctly shows 32 Lives plug-ins in the Auganized folder in User Places.
Fixed Automap-ed plug-in renames.
Workaround for Ableton Live crash with DMGAudio: EQuilibrium plug-in
Improved Compatibility with the following plug-in:

DMGAudio: EQuilibrium

Rob Papen: RP-Distort
v1.1.3
Auganizer now correctly recognises renamed 32 Lives plug-in bundles.
You can now copy plug-in list from Auganizer to pasteboard.
Better synchronization between plug-in list and preview Cover Flow when scrolling using trackpad.

Rob Papen: RP-Distort

v1.1.2

Minor update to address bug with preset handling for signed component and to handle plugins which incorrectly were marked as not being edited correctly when they were, also a fix for users which may have deleted their user components folder.

v1.1.1

Minor release but does add a big new feature with the ability to double click on the GUI and load the plugin. This is useful for seeing the plugin full size without resizing the cover-flow window and dismissing any demo messages or pop ups which are spoiling the GUI view.

Also added support of Kiloheartz plugins and any other plugins using the same framework, added a change so that any factory presets installed in the system folder also follow the plugin around along with user presets and fixed a crash which could happen due to a damaged plugin.

Getting Started Guide.

Auganizer | Getting Started, Help Guide and Manual.

Known Issues.
No known issues with plugins.
Currently reinstalled or upgraded plugins Auganizer changes are not automatically reapplied (will be in future versions) for now you can select the plugins which have reverted to original name after update or reinstallation and select "Actions --> Roll back to last change made to..." this will load up your Auganizer changes prior to the plugin being written over by update/reinstall.
An issue with Reaper loading older projects, work around found and supplied by user chime13 here

Tutorial Video.
Please find a long, in depth and very raw tutorial video, where I talk through each feature of the software. --> http://youtu.be/CakCr5LqFEE

For the more time precious, the getting started guide above explains all the functions and a PDF manual for offline browsing will be available very shortly.

Change Log.
http://auganizer.com/changelog.html

Last edited by dannys1; 11th June 2014 at 06:20 PM.. Reason: Updated for v1.1.4 release
Old 21st March 2014
Dgr
Gear Nut

Finally!
Old 21st March 2014
Lives for gear

Yessss!!!!
Old 21st March 2014
Lives for gear

What method of copy protection does it use?
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Maniac

I just can't believe this is real. Are you Santa?

The demo is flawless.

I don't know how you pulled that one off. You just solved, in a super pro, elegant, efficient, complete, easy to use way, what has been one of the biggest headaches/rant/feature request of Logic users since ages - one that Apple dismissed time after time, living us with a bitter and bitter taste year after year.

Logic community will owe you until the end of time for this one. Sincerely.
Even if Apple, somehow, breaks it further down the line, they will now have to consider bringing on a credible alternative - that is, as good as yours, not a half-assed solution.

Off to buy this gem and organize everything right now

I wish you all the success you deserve, and certainly hope someone at Cupertino is experiencing the shiver of shame right now.

Cheers and a million thanks,

Alexis
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by djanthonyw View Post
What method of copy protection does it use?
Apparently you can unlock the demo with an activation code delivered by email.
Impatiently waiting for mine

Edit: got it!!
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Addict

This is very very nice, well done and thank you, I am buying this for sure.
Old 21st March 2014
Lives for gear

Ok, I bought it. It is machine based authorization because it requires an internet connection to authorize. I wish it was simple serial number... Either way, this will definitely come in handy, I have been doing this manually for a while now by editing the resource files.
Old 21st March 2014
Lives for gear

this didn't do quite what i wanted it to do. i ended up switching back to the way apple labels vs this
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Maniac

Hi there,

Working on a project with a colleague of mine and discovered that this conflicts heavily with 32-Lives.

After installing this, many projects I tried to open wouldn't open and we finally tracked it down to 32-Lives crashing.

Then, by sheer luck we discovered that almost all our plugins that initially reside in the Library/Audio/Plugins/Components folder were also duplicated into the equivalent user path.

Just for fun, we emptied that folder and sure enough - everything's working again.

My colleague has uninstalled Auganizer for now until this conflict is resolved.

Had a heart-stopping moment there as we were thinking we would have to reinstall everything but for anyone else who encounters this, check that out first.
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Addict

@ - @l3x!5 - thank you for the kind words, I hope you enjoy!

@djanthonyw yes its hardware linked, its a simple serial number you receive via purchase - you can though activate via e-mail if your machine is offline.

@MixFactory - thanks a lot for reporting this, we'll get working with the 32-Lives plugin in straight away and release a fix asap!
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Addict

Question: does this rename the actual component file ,ie if a plugin update emerges does this automatically update its database or do I have two instances of the same in the components folder?

Using a custom file structure with vsts leads to having to manually replace files as by default any plugin updates are installed in the vst root folder
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
Question: does this rename the actual component file ,ie if a plugin update emerges does this automatically update its database or do I have two instances of the same in the components folder?

Using a custom file structure with vsts leads to having to manually replace files as by default any plugin updates are installed in the vst root folder
Auganizer doesn't touch the plugins (unlike the manual rename method) but it keeps track of which ones have been renamed (and to what) - so if you later install an update for the plugin and have this update rescanned by Logic, when you open Auganizer it will see that you've updated a plugin which previously existed and ask you if you wish to reapply your naming changes.

It will also do this if you delete a plugin and later on install it again.

____

Just to update some common questions.
We'll be working flat out to fix any bugs or problems people find with their plugin setups, there are bound to be a few issues with the varied and complex setups run over the next few weeks.

We're currently working on a full and detailed manual which will be made available to purchases, using it and playing with the app is pretty straight forward but if you have any specific questions at the moment you can ask us and we'll get straight back to you.

There is a slight limitation to the full name you can specific as part of Apples Audio Unit specification. You can name the plugin (which includes the sub-group) up to 30 characters, the top folder (or manufacturers name) isn't included in this and can be extremely long.

Also Ableton doesn't read sub-categories. Its programmed to only see manufacturer name and plugin name, which means unlike Logic or Garageband you can only organise by category/plugin name.
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Addict

thanks for the fast response
Old 21st March 2014
Lives for gear

I will jump straight in they get this 32-lives stuff sorted
Old 21st March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys1 View Post
Auganizer doesn't touch the plugins (unlike the manual rename method) but it keeps track of which ones have been renamed (and to what) - so if you later install an update for the plugin and have this update rescanned by Logic, when you open Auganizer it will see that you've updated a plugin which previously existed and ask you if you wish to reapply your naming changes.

It will also do this if you delete a plugin and later on install it again.

____

Just to update some common questions.
We'll be working flat out to fix any bugs or problems people find with their plugin setups, there are bound to be a few issues with the varied and complex setups run over the next few weeks.

We're currently working on a full and detailed manual which will be made available to purchases, using it and playing with the app is pretty straight forward but if you have any specific questions at the moment you can ask us and we'll get straight back to you.

There is a slight limitation to the full name you can specific as part of Apples Audio Unit specification. You can name the plugin (which includes the sub-group) up to 30 characters, the top folder (or manufacturers name) isn't included in this and can be extremely long.

Also Ableton doesn't read sub-categories. Its programmed to only see manufacturer name and plugin name, which means unlike Logic or Garageband you can only organise by category/plugin name.
Thank you for doing this, I have been wanting this forever! Is it possible to get it to work in Studio One?
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gussyg2007 View Post
I will jump straight in they get this 32-lives stuff sorted
Fix coming very soon hopefully, I have to admit its a plugin id over looked during our testing!
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzygis View Post
Thank you for doing this, I have been wanting this forever! Is it possible to get it to work in Studio One?
It could well be, not something we've looked at currently initially concentrating on Logic, Garageband and Ableton. We will look into this and any other DAW recommendations for updates.
Old 21st March 2014
Lives for gear

Great job!
Old 21st March 2014
Lives for gear

When this works properly with 32 lives it will be a MUST HAVE purchase.... The JOY of being able to manage the plugin types like we used to all the way back in OS9 days will be amazing..

Respect for getting this out here... Now HURRY and make it work with 32 Lives as THAT IS also essential...

The two together can RULE the galaxy!

This one might have to get a review on my blog...

Zz.
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agzilla View Post
When this works properly with 32 lives it will be a MUST HAVE purchase.... The JOY of being able to manage the plugin types like we used to all the way back in OS9 days will be amazing..

Respect for getting this out here... Now HURRY and make it work with 32 Lives as THAT IS also essential...

The two together can RULE the galaxy!

This one might have to get a review on my blog...

Zz.
Thank you Agzilla! Yes, as soon as my dev is awake in the states we'll be on the Live 32 together asap! I was pretty psyched about this too, as id wanted it for ages hence trying to find the solution. A blog post would be fantastic, let me know if you do one!
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Thank you Agzilla! Yes, as soon as my dev is awake in the states we'll be on the Live 32 together asap! I was pretty psyched about this too, as id wanted it for ages hence trying to find the solution. A blog post would be fantastic, let me know if you do one!
As well as myself and my colleague, once the 32-Lives issue has been overcome, I know of about 30 people at least off the top of my head that will purchase this in a heartbeat.

Amazing concept! Is what Logic has needed for a LONG time - have been always jealous of ProTools and their logically categorised plugins.
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixFactory View Post
As well as myself and my colleague, once the 32-Lives issue has been overcome, I know of about 30 people at least off the top of my head that will purchase this in a heartbeat.

Amazing concept! Is what Logic has needed for a LONG time - have been always jealous of ProTools and their logically categorised plugins.
Thanks MixFactory, I hope you do know 30 people who'd buy it, that would be great :D
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Thanks MixFactory, I hope you do know 30 people who'd buy it, that would be great :D
That wasn't hyperbole...I'm serious - at LEAST 30 - pretty much all of my friends in music work on Logic and I know for a fact that this is something they'd all snap up.

I would have sent out emails today - but I know some of them can be quite nervous when their computer "goes wrong" so I'm waiting for it to be stable on my system before recommending it (and obviously avoiding them calling me up saying that it's messed up their system and they can't load tracks).

As soon as I've soak tested it on my own system (and I have some pretty hefty projects to test it on), then I'll put the word out - Logic has needed this for a LONG time!

The big question is - why haven't Apple implemented this yet? Surely must have been consistently high up on the feature request list!?
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Addict

just bought this... will plug it to folks if it actually works as advertised (no doubt it will just have to test first)
Old 21st March 2014
Lives for gear

Will be anxiously watching here for initial reports...assuming all is well count me in :D
Old 21st March 2014
Here for the gear

Brought this as soon as i saw it here on GS and was on a buzz of excitement but it also gave me some scary moments too. One main thing was the 32lives interaction which seemed to duplicate my components from my Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components to my User /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components .
I started to wonder why my hard drive space was diminishing after a while ( I had also unlocked all my plugins via the Auganizer App ), it turned out that it was most of my components being copied over.
Im not sure if this is how its supposed to work or is a bug which needs looking into at this stage as this ended up close to me wanting to superduper my system back to a previous working version as my older songs were not loading up and Logic kept crashing.
Ok im not trying to scare anybody off as i really want this to work for my workflow but for the Dev to have an idea of what is happening on some systems with 32lives so it can get fixed promptly.
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosii View Post
Brought this as soon as i saw it here on GS and was on a buzz of excitement but it also gave me some scary moments too. One main thing was the 32lives interaction which seemed to duplicate my components from my Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components to my User /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components .
I started to wonder why my hard drive space was diminishing after a while ( I had also unlocked all my plugins via the Auganizer App ), it turned out that it was most of my components being copied over.
Im not sure if this is how its supposed to work or is a bug which needs looking into at this stage as this ended up close to me wanting to superduper my system back to a previous working version as my older songs were not loading up and Logic kept crashing.
Ok im not trying to scare anybody off as i really want this to work for my workflow but for the Dev to have an idea of what is happening on some systems with 32lives so it can get fixed promptly.
Same thing happened here with plugins being copied into my user plugin folder. I'm wondering if this is a necessary part of this working as we're talking about 10Gb worth of plugins...

If it has to, then I can live with that - so far it's just the 32-Lives issue that by all accounts is being resolved as we speak.

I'm confident this'll work - that aside - it worked flawlessly - after recategorising my plugins, I loaded up some old projects that didn't use 32-Lives wrapped plugins and they loaded up without issue!

Very exciting to be able to custom categorise - and being able to custom combine 2 different categories is very cool - so we can have Equalisers > API, Equalisers > Neve, Compressors > LA2s, etc.

Great scope for some really interesting category combinations!

***** FOR THOSE NERVOUS ABOUT THIS PLUGIN *****

Don't be - we had some scary moments last night before we knew that it was a 32-Lives/Plugin Duplicates in the User folder issue - once we took those out - everything was just as it was before so don't panic - this isn't going to mess up your system.

I only say that because I have friends who can be very nervy with anything that appears to mess with their system and prob. wouldn't give something like this a 2nd chance if they encountered a problem - so it would be a shame to see something as cool as this suffer unnecessarily because of people's fear of it screwing their system up - that won't happen.
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Addict

so the issues are purely isolated to 32 lives?

(tbh not going to install if it isnt)
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
so the issues are purely isolated to 32 lives?

(tbh not going to install if it isnt)
So far, I've only found it a problem with respect to anything 32-Lives.

Everything else works golden.
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search