The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Introducing Auganizer. Finally, rename and organise your Audio Units the way YOU want
Old 23rd March 2014
Hoping for Digital Performer compatibity. You will have my money too.
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixtree Audio View Post
Hoping for Digital Performer compatibity. You will have my money too.
Doesn't DP8 already have this already built in (custom user categories)?
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Maniac

Old 23rd March 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys1 View Post
All fixed in the update
Hi, there. Is the update already online (version 1.0), or do we have to wait?
Btw. - very nice, thumbs up.

Cheers, Peter
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Maniac

"Here's something else to consider though, when you use the group option for organizing plugins, they will show up loaded in the inserts with whatever you name the group since Logic thinks that's where the name begins."

Have to agree on this one! If a plugin is grouped in a sub folder, it's not possible to see which plugin is inserted , which is to me important information! Hope this is possible to change this! Otherwise, great app!
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oøt View Post
"Here's something else to consider though, when you use the group option for organizing plugins, they will show up loaded in the inserts with whatever you name the group since Logic thinks that's where the name begins."

Have to agree on this one! If a plugin is grouped in a sub folder, it's not possible to see which plugin is inserted , which is to me important information! Hope this is possible to change this! Otherwise, great app!
It wouldn't be possible without hacking the way Logic works. The best option is to avoid using sub folders (which Logic didn't support as standard anyway).

If there is a hack for it, we'd release it as a separate patch to run at peoples own risk and definitely not built into Auganizer. But I have no idea if that would even be possible anyway, probably not.
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by peweevoll View Post
Hi, there. Is the update already online (version 1.0), or do we have to wait?
Btw. - very nice, thumbs up.

Cheers, Peter
Not yet Peter, will be updatable in the app once its out, in the next day or so.
Old 23rd March 2014
Here for the gear

dannys1, I was trying to use your link to a gearslutz special price, but it didnt work.
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

The demo is horrible! I clicked around for a few seconds, really doing nothing! And the demo was over! A total waste! What's the point of the demo.. To aggrivate and deter? I don't understand..
It's more like 10 actions of any kind use the demo up allowing you to try nothing really.
Totally pointless demo!
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddHolloway View Post
dannys1, I was trying to use your link to a gearslutz special price, but it didnt work.
That happened to me too -- go to the link in the body of the first post in this thread -- that one works for the GS special.
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
I will be putting the getting started guide online today which covers everything and making a full tutorial video next week.
please do... as i am still none the wiser for your post
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixocalypse View Post
The demo is horrible! I clicked around for a few seconds, really doing nothing! And the demo was over! A total waste! What's the point of the demo.. To aggrivate and deter? I don't understand..
It's more like 10 actions of any kind use the demo up allowing you to try nothing really.
Totally pointless demo!
The changes are still applied and visible in Logic - its irrelevant the demo "expires" it just means any changes you make past that point won't count. If you edit 10 plugins or categories it will stop applying changes and you'll see the "pencil" icon in the left bar to show the change hasn't be applied.
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear nut

It's a FANTASTIC product. I'm amazed.
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Addict

Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddHolloway View Post
Argh, well spotted ed, id had a brain freeze and linked to /gearslutz.com instead of /gearslutz.html DOH - its been a LONG week!
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

So how is the issue with 32 Lives shaping up? I was unclear whether that was also sorted in the update now?

Soon as I know that this will work alongside 32 Lives without a problem I am itching to get stuck in to this...

Zz.
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agzilla View Post
So how is the issue with 32 Lives shaping up? I was unclear whether that was also sorted in the update now?

Soon as I know that this will work alongside 32 Lives without a problem I am itching to get stuck in to this...

Zz.
Yes, will be release in 1.0.1 shortly - or to get cracking now just go to your systems plugin folder and make sure both the x64 and the original 32bit plugin are both copied to your user library. Problem solved. It was just a case of Auganizer only copying one as they are both named identically, then 32Lives would crash as the 64bit is not more than a wrapper Logic sees, it then looks for the 32bit version in the same directory as it to open...obviously when this wasn't being copied it crashed as it couldn't find it - they should probably implement a nicer way of resolving that issue just in case people uninstall their 32bit plugins - it should load blank if it doesn't find it, not crash and stop people opening projects really, I'll probably file it as a bug with 32Lives.
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

They seem like cool guys maybe you could contact them and work together in some way as you both offer the two most useful enhancements to Logic workflow available today it would seem...

As for myself I think i'll go and buy your product now you've explained that...

Thanx.

Zz.
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
The changes are still applied and visible in Logic - its irrelevant the demo "expires" it just means any changes you make past that point won't count. If you edit 10 plugins or categories it will stop applying changes and you'll see the "pencil" icon in the left bar to show the change hasn't be applied.
It not undoalble though.. Once you fiddle with ten( intentional or not) it's over..
Should clear once reset back to factory.. I guess I expect to much..

Cool idea though.
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixocalypse View Post
It not undoalble though.. Once you fiddle with ten( intentional or not) it's over..
Should clear once reset back to factory.. I guess I expect to much..

Cool idea though.
I see what you mean, but you can continue to edit those 10 as much as you want o see how it works, really editing one plugin is enough to see how it works and that the changes are applied.

You could also look at
Auganizer | Getting Started, Help Guide and Manual. for more help.
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agzilla View Post
They seem like cool guys maybe you could contact them and work together in some way as you both offer the two most useful enhancements to Logic workflow available today it would seem...

As for myself I think i'll go and buy your product now you've explained that...

Thanx.

Zz.
Have emailed them and suggested that if the original 32bit plugin is missing for any reason that they have a blank 32bit file to fall back on which would stop projects from crashing on open and inform the user than the original 32bit file is missing. Seems a safer fallback as it could happen in a multitude of situations as it has with Auganizer.
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

Old 23rd March 2014
Tui
Gear Guru

Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear
Well I just bought this and am very annoyed. There is no "Top Folder" column: there is no "subfolder" column. I can't make head or tail of the online guide.

How did you guys figure out how to get this thing to work?
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB+J View Post
Well I just bought this and am very annoyed. There is no "Top Folder" column: there is no "subfolder" column. I can't make head or tail of the online guide.

How did you guys figure out how to get this thing to work?
Top folder is "Manufacturer" (it is in this thread a few times) and "Sub Folder" is "Group" - these changes are made in v1.0.1 which will be released tomorrow.
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear
this is what I see when I open this thing--none of the options described in the "tutorial" are appearing, except that I was able to unlock the plugs.
Attached Thumbnails
Introducing Auganizer. Finally, rename and organise your Audio Units the way YOU want-augie.jpg  
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

what's not clear is that when you rename an AU in the "Manufacturer" column what actually happens is a new category is created within logic's menu ,so renaming stuff with the same name puts them all within the same folder/menu in logic
I was confuused at 1st TBH
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Top folder is "Manufacturer" (it is in this thread a few times) and "Sub Folder" is "Group" - these changes are made in v1.0.1 which will be released tomorrow.
???? Why does your tutorial describe something different than the actual software? That make zero sense--why do that?

So I change the "manufacturer" to, say, the category of plugin? So where it says 2c Audio" I would type "reverbs?"
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB+J View Post
???? Why does your tutorial describe something different than the actual software? That make zero sense--why do that?

So I change the "manufacturer" to, say, the category of plugin? So where it says 2c Audio" I would type "reverbs?"
Yes exactly that - and its like because those menus will be change in the updated and from then onwards in the next release - theres no point in doing a tutorial that needs changing an hour later is there?
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Nut

Sorry for being dense, but none of my AU plugins are showing up in the window...
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search