The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Introducing Auganizer. Finally, rename and organise your Audio Units the way YOU want
Old 21st March 2014
Lives for gear

I think someone else asked earlier, but is it necessary for plugins to be copies from Library > Audio > Plug-ins > Audio Units to User > Library > Audio > Plug-ins > Audio Units after unlocking?
Old 22nd March 2014
Gear Addict
Interesting, I will wait for the bugs to be ironed out. In the meantime I would like to know does it work by copying all au plugs to your user folder, then renaming the metadata? I like to know what is going on in my system. Is there an easy way to turn it off, if there are problems? And does it work with Waves, as Waves doesn't store its plugins in the component folder?
thanks
Old 22nd March 2014
Gear Maniac

very interested in this once the 32Lives bugs are sorted!
Old 22nd March 2014
Gear Maniac

can you put a plugin in multiple folders? e.g. PSP N20 in both the filter folder and a creative effects folder..
Old 22nd March 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys1 View Post
Its a single license at the moment, but if you send us an e-mail I'm sure we can help you
Thanks, I'll send an email!
Old 22nd March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by On The Swarm View Post
can you put a plugin in multiple folders? e.g. PSP N20 in both the filter folder and a creative effects folder..
Not at the moment, however it IS on the features list!
Old 22nd March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djanthonyw View Post
I think someone else asked earlier, but is it necessary for plugins to be copies from Library > Audio > Plug-ins > Audio Units to User > Library > Audio > Plug-ins > Audio Units after unlocking?
It was necessary, however we've opted for a different way in the next update which will also make it easier to work with 32Lives. Instead to work with the system plugins you'll have to enter your admin password. The plugins ideally are easier to work with in your user folder, but it seems most plugins install as default into the system path - it would also mean your naming conventions would then of course stretch to other users on the same computer.

We'll ultimately add both options, but right now the easier thing to do is unlock plugins with admin password and work with them in the system folder.
Old 22nd March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsyourself View Post
Interesting, I will wait for the bugs to be ironed out. In the meantime I would like to know does it work by copying all au plugs to your user folder, then renaming the metadata? I like to know what is going on in my system. Is there an easy way to turn it off, if there are problems? And does it work with Waves, as Waves doesn't store its plugins in the component folder?
thanks
Its easy to turn off (there is an option to restore all changes in the program) and yes it works with Waves no problems at all.
Old 22nd March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeckitup View Post
Thank You! Love this.
Just to add to the list of unrecognized plugs:

Sknote
Audio Damage
ToneBoosters

Keep up the good work!
g
All of these appear to be fixed in the update. A lot of naughty plugin devs are not sticking to the strict rules which is why there are these rogue plugins not appearing when 90% do.

The changes should catch a whole bunch other rarer plugins too and the majority if not all listed here so far.

PSP Meters are going to take a little bit longer, they are using illegal characters in the manufacturers ID!
Old 22nd March 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
It was necessary, however we've opted for a different way in the next update which will also make it easier to work with 32Lives. Instead to work with the system plugins you'll have to enter your admin password. The plugins ideally are easier to work with in your user folder, but it seems most plugins install as default into the system path - it would also mean your naming conventions would then of course stretch to other users on the same computer.

We'll ultimately add both options, but right now the easier thing to do is unlock plugins with admin password and work with them in the system folder.

You're right, I think at this point virtually EVERY manufacturer installs their plugins into the system path.

With the coming Auganizer update, if we do opt to keep our components in the system path, what happens when we install plugin updates? Will we need to do the renaming again, or will Augenizer "remember" what we did?
Old 22nd March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremo View Post
You're right, I think at this point virtually EVERY manufacturer installs their plugins into the system path.

With the coming Auganizer update, if we do opt to keep our components in the system path, what happens when we install plugin updates? Will we need to do the renaming again, or will Augenizer "remember" what we did?
Will work the same as currently, if a plugin is updated or changed, when you reopen Auganizer it will see the changes and ask you if you want to reapply them.
Old 22nd March 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Will work the same as currently, if a plugin is updated or changed, when you reopen Auganizer it will see the changes and ask you if you want to reapply them.
Great! Looking forward to the update.
Old 22nd March 2014
Lives for gear

Excellent! is there an ETA for the update?
Old 22nd March 2014
Lives for gear

Purchased instantly. Thank you!
Old 22nd March 2014
I mist say that this is fantastic.
Simple feature that logic users wanted forever and now we have it. Thank you.
Works perfectly at my place. Only a sknote plugin that don't show.
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

Sonic Charge Bitspeek is not showing up either.
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBlizz View Post
I only had issues with (OS X 10.6.8, Logic 9) :
  1. Fielding DSP - Reviver
  2. eaReckon - EARbound
  3. Audio Damage - Discord V3
  4. TriTone Digital - ColorTone PRO & RecallTone
  5. Wave Machine Labs - Drumagog
  6. iZotope - Stutter Edit
Other than that it works great on all my other plug-ins.

And finally I can de-select all the PowerCore and UAD titles I didn't purchase. The sub-grouping possibility is very handy as well!
Hi Tblizz, what version of Stutter Edit are you running, as you can see here thats opening fine for me...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e2rv9xt0hd...2000.32.35.png
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Nut

Now that you mention it, Sonic Charge Microtonic is among the missing too. Seems like these no-shows are on a per-developer basis....
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremo View Post
Now that you mention it, Sonic Charge Microtonic is among the missing too. Seems like these no-shows are on a per-developer basis....
Yes, some devs are doing odd things with meta data which don't quite follow standards. We're processing all their quirks though.

Does anyone have a list of plugins which don't work in 32Lives? Ive just tried the 32 bit version of Audio Realism ADM and find it crashes in 32Lives...
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Addict

32Lives fix has been found, a very simple error it turns out - currently we copy all the plugins to user folder to make working with them easier and so that any renaming you make only applies to your user (ultimately we'll give the option of both) Auganizer only copied one copy of the plugin, 32Lives works as a bridge, it needs the 64bit wrapper it makes AND the 32bit plugin next to it - Auganizer was only copying one.

If you're waiting for the update, before its out, and you want to get up and running, simply make sure you copy the original and the x64 plugin to your users plugin directory, they'll open fine in Logic then.
Old 23rd March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon View Post
I wish there was a way to have third party plugins on the first level instead of the Logic one's, I have begged Apple to change that but they won't. WHY? it's ridiculous.
+1

If someone figures out a hack to do this then I'll be throwing money at them.

I can see how Auganizer is usable if you have lots of plugins, but for me its not worth the money.
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

dumb question here...how the hell do you actually work this app...guide please !
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Addict
Quote:
Does anyone have a list of plugins which don't work in 32Lives? Ive just tried the 32 bit version of Audio Realism ADM and find it crashes in 32Lives...
32 Lives Plug-ins Compatibility Chart

Plugins not on the list are on a trial and error basis
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by gussyg2007 View Post
dumb question here...how the hell do you actually work this app...guide please !
Yes, I find it incredible this is released without a quick start guide or video. Kind of makes you wonder about the naivety of the programme makers. It would take less than 5 min to type this:

First, it copies your plugins from your HD lib to your user lib, so people with limited space on laptops etc should know this.
Second, it is time consuming process to rename every plugin. Each one must be unlocked (though you can change a multiple selection at one time). Then you change the manufacturer name to your top folder, and use the group folder for your sub folder. You can change the name if you want, e.g. to identify which manufacturer it is.
So, eg, 2C Audio becomes Reverb, the group folder Algorithmic

What is not clear is that now you have two sets of plugins, the originals and your renamed ones, how Logic is diverted to read your user lib, and what conflicts might arise from having two sets of plugins.

The information is not poor, it is non-existent.
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsyourself View Post
Yes, I find it incredible this is released without a quick start guide or video. Kind of makes you wonder about the naivety of the programme makers. It would take less than 5 min to type this:

First, it copies your plugins from your HD lib to your user lib, so people with limited space on laptops etc should know this.
Second, it is time consuming process to rename every plugin. Each one must be unlocked (though you can change a multiple selection at one time). Then you change the manufacturer name to your top folder, and use the group folder for your sub folder. You can change the name if you want, e.g. to identify which manufacturer it is.

What is not clear is that now you have two sets of plugins, the originals and your renamed ones, how Logic is diverted to read your user lib, and what conflicts might arise from having two sets of plugins.

The information is not poor, it is non-existent.
Agreed, we should have really launched with the quick start guide ready, I did naively assume it would mainly appear to people who understood that manufacturer name is the top folder and to just edit things the way you would in iTunes. I will be putting the getting started guide online today which covers everything and making a full tutorial video next week.

You can unlock all plugins at once. You can edit as many plugins as you want in one go. Of course from scratch with thousands of plugins it will take some time, but then so does organising your iTunes library. This is bar far the fastest method of being able to categories everything in a single UI.

Re the two sets of plugins. Let me clear this up. Logic/Garageband/Ableton with ALWAYS favour any version of a plugin in the user folder. The reason we did it this way to begin with is two fold. First of all, many people have legacy, 32bit and other plugins on the system, these plugins follow old standards and use discontinued API's which Apple no longer support and discourage. Working with them in the library folder works around this issues and makes it easier. Also, by changing names in the library folder, system users are not forced to conform to your naming scheme if you didn't want them to. There can never be any conflicts in this manner.

The downside of course is duplicating plugins - at the moment we're working on editing them in place, it avoids any special programming to move things when apps such as 32Lives for instance creates multiples of the same plugin and when they are moved we have been only moving one (hence it not working). I too also don't like the idea of using disk space if its not required, what with 32Lives already duplicating things and then Auganizer too. So I made sure the dev teams figure out a way to edit in place, unfortunately this goes back to the now discontinued API's for the legacy plugins. We'll get there, but its a difficult implementation to edit in place.

Ultimately I want to have the option upon first launch to put plugins into the user folder or to edit in place with the admin password. This may not be on the next release as we'll swap to editing in place for now, but long term I think the option is nice for people at least with shared computers (such as in studios) and they can use different naming conventions.
Old 23rd March 2014
Tui
Gear Guru

dannys1, ok, it's not perfect yet, but I appreciate your effort. Right now, I'm messing around with a text file I made, which contains grouped lists of plug-ins... hundreds of them. It will be such a relief to see the plugs in Logic in a meaningful order.
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post
dannys1, ok, it's not perfect yet, but I appreciate your effort. Right now, I'm messing around with a text file I made, which contains grouped lists of plug-ins... hundreds of them. It will be such a relief to see the plugs in Logic in a meaningful order.
- its a bit of a monumental task to cater for all the thousands of different legacy plugin options, no matter how much testing we did on our own systems as soon as it got out in the wild we've got all the reports to work with. We can't say how happy and thankful we are for the people who have purchased and worked with us to make this perfect, which it will be! Your patience and understand is fantastic and we can only apologise for some early teething problems. I'm just very excited by where the app and supporting documentation will be in the next days, we're working flat out to get this perfect for everyone!
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear
This looks fantastic. Great idea, I've wanted something like this forever. Soon as I get back home I'm buying this
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

My few plugins that are stranded outside of the categories are eagerly awaiting the update...

Here's something else to consider though, when you use the group option for organizing plugins, they will show up loaded in the inserts with whatever you name the group since Logic thinks that's where the name begins.

Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djanthonyw View Post
My few plugins that are stranded outside of the categories are eagerly awaiting the update...

Here's something else to consider though, when you use the group option for organizing plugins, they will show up loaded in the inserts with whatever you name the group since Logic thinks that's where the name begins.
All fixed in the update

Yes thats a good note about sub groups though, depends what you find more help you could just use top level if that annoys too much.

I do like your idea of numbering the groups though so they appear in the order you want rather than alphabetical!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search