The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Introducing Auganizer. Finally, rename and organise your Audio Units the way YOU want
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Maniac

Working great here! (Not using 32 Live). Have been waiting for this. Bought!
Q: the licence, is it for one or several machines? Would be nice on both laptop and studio machine! (No time to test it in the studio before next week).
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oøt View Post
Working great here! (Not using 32 Live). Have been waiting for this. Bought!
Q: the licence, is it for one or several machines? Would be nice on both laptop and studio machine! (No time to test it in the studio before next week).
Its a single license at the moment, but if you send us an e-mail I'm sure we can help you
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Addict

hmm.. a manual would be greatly helpful it doesn't seem to do what it says. no matter what i do it just creates a folder labelled DRUMS / SYNTHS or whatever inside the Manufacturer folders.
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
hmm.. a manual would be greatly helpful it doesn't seem to do what it says. no matter what i do it just creates a folder labelled DRUMS / SYNTHS or whatever inside the Manufacturer folders.
It sounds like you're putting your name in "group" rather than renaming the manufacturers name. The manufacturers name IS the top folder, thats how its set out in Logic current by Apple's standard. You need to change manufacturer name to YOUR top folder, the empty group folder is for if you want to use a sub folder and finally plugin name is the name.

As part of the next update we're going to make this more clear, we thought changing the manufacturer name as the top level would be obvious enough but its causing a lot of initially problems, so we're renaming this column "Top Folder" the group column will be "Sub Folder" and the name column with be "Plugin Name".

We're also going to roll out a "Getting Started" guide to launch when you open the app, hopefully that'll get everyone organising in no time.
Old 21st March 2014
Lives for gear

Hmm tht would probably explain why i couldnt get it to work
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown1music View Post
Hmm tht would probably explain why i couldnt get it to work
At first, I was like - what the hell....but once you suss it - it's really simple and then you get that lightbulb moment where you start thinking of all the cool ways you can categorise plugins.
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Addict

We're working flat out on the 32Lives issue, we know exactly what its doing different with plugins to cause the problem now.

We're also tweaking our compatibility with a few other plugins users have found - despite a hugely extensive list on our own setup we definitely didn't cover every plugin out there with their individual quirks!

As mentioned though the interface is going to be named more intuitively along with a quick start guide which will also be online soon. Will post on here with the change log as soon as its available and current buyers will be able to update within the program straight away.
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Nut

What happens if you're running both Logic X and Ableton Live on the same system, since, as you said, Ableton doesn't recognize subfolders? Would it be better in this case not to use subfolders at all?
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys1 View Post
We're working flat out on the 32Lives issue, we know exactly what its doing different with plugins to cause the problem now.

We're also tweaking our compatibility with a few other plugins users have found - despite a hugely extensive list on our own setup we definitely didn't cover every plugin out there with their individual quirks!

As mentioned though the interface is going to be named more intuitively along with a quick start guide which will also be online soon. Will post on here with the change log as soon as its available and current buyers will be able to update within the program straight away.
Excellent! No worries - 32 Lives took quite a while to get to a stable place so this is a great start - I just hope people aren't put off by initial teething troubles!
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Maniac

It works great so far, except for plugins from Audio Damage or ToneBoosters, which do not appear on Auganizer and therefore can not be edited.
10.9.2/Logic 10.0.6 - I run the same admin session where all plug-ins were installed and authorized, if that somehow makes a difference (just saying because, a long time ago, I tried to run a separate user session containing only music-related softwares, but had to drop the idea because some plug-ins had trouble being properly authorized (namely Audio Damage at the time).
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremo View Post
What happens if you're running both Logic X and Ableton Live on the same system, since, as you said, Ableton doesn't recognize subfolders? Would it be better in this case not to use subfolders at all?
Hey Tremo. I would probably recommend so yes - bar on duplicating your plugins so you had them separate for Ableton and Logic (could be an option perhaps) if you want to use both I guess sticking to top level categories only would make more sense. Its a shame Ableton doesn't allow it really.

If you did use it, Ableton would just ignore the sub-folder. So you could set it up for Logic to have "Dynamics" then "Single Band, Multi Band, Limiters" etc etc - Logic would have top menu and then sub menu with the names inside, Ableton would just give you your plugin names within the top "Dynamics" menu.

Rather than having a very broad top level category like Logic's naming scheme with "Dynamics" and then "Compressors, Limiters" etc inside. You could maybe go for "Compressors" as the top category. Then whilst Ableton will just have everything you've put into compressors in one folder, in Logic you could split these up into "Single Band", "Multi-Band", "Modern", "Vintage", "Mastering" etc. So it would be still very navigate-able in both programs. You could even put a * or number certain favourite plugins so they always appear at the top of your list for example (which are ordered alphabetically in both programs)
Old 21st March 2014
Gear nut

If this works, it's awesome. I'm without speech. (!)
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Hey Tremo. I would probably recommend so yes - bar on duplicating your plugins so you had them separate for Ableton and Logic (could be an option perhaps) if you want to use both I guess sticking to top level categories only would make more sense. Its a shame Ableton doesn't allow it really.

If you did use it, Ableton would just ignore the sub-folder. So you could set it up for Logic to have "Dynamics" then "Single Band, Multi Band, Limiters" etc etc - Logic would have top menu and then sub menu with the names inside, Ableton would just give you your plugin names within the top "Dynamics" menu.

Thanks, that's fine -- I could work with one folder level to simplify things.

BTW, I can confirm Audio Damage and Toneboosters not showing up (in the AUganizer demo).
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by @l3x!5 View Post
It works great so far, except for plugins from Audio Damage or ToneBoosters, which do not appear on Auganizer and therefore can not be edited.
10.9.2/Logic 10.0.6 - I run the same admin session where all plug-ins were installed and authorized, if that somehow makes a difference (just saying because, a long time ago, I tried to run a separate user session containing only music-related softwares, but had to drop the idea because some plug-ins had trouble being properly authorized (namely Audio Damage at the time).
Thanks strange re Audio Damage as they are some plugins I've got which work fine, which ones do you have in particular so I can check. Will add checking Tone Boosters to the list too.
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremo View Post
Thanks, that's fine -- I could work with one folder level to simplify things.

BTW, I can confirm Audio Damage and Toneboosters not showing up (in the AUganizer demo).
I added a bit more info to my post which might be helpful/useful too.

Will check into those two now too.
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Maniac

PSPAudioware 2Meters v2.1.0 (PSP PPM2, PSP PPM2M, PSP VU2, PSP VU2M) do appear in Auganizer's listing but can not be edited (error message: "change to x.component did not succeed. Cancel/Undo Changes.")
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
I added a bit more info to my post which might be helpful/useful too.

Will check into those two now too.
Thanks, that extra info is helpful.

Re: the plugs not showing up, here are mine:

Audio Damage (latest version for all): ADverb, BigSeq2, Disord3, Dubstation 1.5, Eos, Fluid, Liquid, Ratshack Reverb 2, Replicant, Vapor

Toneboosters (all v3.0.3): Barricade, DeEsser, EBUCompact & EBULoudness, Gate, Isone, ReelBus, Time Machine

So, probably most if not all from those devs.
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Thanks strange re Audio Damage as they are some plugins I've got which work fine, which ones do you have in particular so I can check. Will add checking Tone Boosters to the list too.
No problem

Audio Damage: ADVerb 1.1.0, DubStation 1.5.3, PhaseTwo 1.2, RatshackReverb 2.1
ToneBoosters: TB_EBUCompact_v3 (3.0.2) and TB_EBULoudness_v3 (3.0.2)
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
No problem

Audio Damage: ADVerb 1.1.0, DubStation 1.5.3, PhaseTwo 1.2, RatshackReverb 2.1
ToneBoosters: TB_EBUCompact_v3 (3.0.2) and TB_EBULoudness_v3 (3.0.2)
Noted, along with the PSP Meters mentioned above, all the debug list!
Old 21st March 2014
Lives for gear

Wow - Brilliant work!

I know it sounds weird, but this will make me consider using plugins that I might not do ordinarily - just because I can more easily see the various categories I can create...
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseflaw View Post
Wow - Brilliant work!

I know it sounds weird, but this will make me consider using plugins that I might not do ordinarily - just because I can more easily see the various categories I can create...
Interesting observation....very true!
Old 21st March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
PSPAudioware 2Meters v2.1.0 (PSP PPM2, PSP PPM2M, PSP VU2, PSP VU2M) do appear in Auganizer's listing but can not be edited (error message: "change to x.component did not succeed. Cancel/Undo Changes.")
Yes, same for Cakewalk Z3TA.

Spectrasonics plugins are not showing up in Auganizer for me.
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Addict

I am trying the demo and it opens and says (no Audio Units Found) so not sure what to do?
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Nut

I just bought it. How long will it take till i get confirmation email? :/

Edit: Got it
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon View Post
I am trying the demo and it opens and says (no Audio Units Found) so not sure what to do?
could you send your setup (OSX version, Audio Unit install path etc) to questions@auganizer.com - thanks.
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Nut

Couple more to add to the "not showing up" list:

Audiorealism ADMx64 Drum Machine

SKNote GTS39, Necklace, Roundtone, Strip/Bus
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Addict

I wish there was a way to have third party plugins on the first level instead of the Logic one's, I have begged Apple to change that but they won't. WHY? it's ridiculous.
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Maniac

Thank You! Love this.
Just to add to the list of unrecognized plugs:

Sknote
Audio Damage
ToneBoosters

Keep up the good work!
g
Old 21st March 2014
Lives for gear

I only had issues with (OS X 10.6.8, Logic 9) :
  1. Fielding DSP - Reviver
  2. eaReckon - EARbound
  3. Audio Damage - Discord V3
  4. TriTone Digital - ColorTone PRO & RecallTone
  5. Wave Machine Labs - Drumagog
  6. iZotope - Stutter Edit
Other than that it works great on all my other plug-ins.

And finally I can de-select all the PowerCore and UAD titles I didn't purchase. The sub-grouping possibility is very handy as well!
Old 21st March 2014
Tui
Gear Guru

Very, very cool. Once the compatibility issues are resolved, I shall make a purchase.
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search