The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Introducing Auganizer. Finally, rename and organise your Audio Units the way YOU want
Old 22nd May 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
OK just to come back to the issue of Vienna Ensemble Pro.
It seems logic doesnt suffer from this (anybody confirm?).
Correct, Logic is our bread and butter and main sequencer supported. It offers the most features and mainly because its one of (if not the only) sequencer to support JUST Audio Units where as other sequencers can switch the much more manageable VST standard if they wish, which supports being sorted into folders manually etc.

So RE VEP5, we've been speaking to the great guys at Vienna this week and arranged swaps and we'll be working on support for VEP5 as a priority.
Old 22nd May 2014
Gear Addict

v1.1.3 released, just minor tweaks and bug fixes.

Auganizer now correctly recognises renamed 32 Lives plug-in bundles.
You can now copy plug-in list from Auganizer to pasteboard.
Better synchronization between plug-in list and preview Cover Flow when scrolling using trackpad.

Improved Compatibility with the following plug-in:
Rob Papen: RP-Distort
Old 22nd May 2014
Gear Addict

v1.1.3 released, just minor tweaks and bug fixes.

Auganizer now correctly recognises renamed 32 Lives plug-in bundles.
You can now copy plug-in list from Auganizer to pasteboard.
Better synchronization between plug-in list and preview Cover Flow when scrolling using trackpad.

Rob Papen: RP-Distort
Old 11th June 2014
Gear Maniac

Hello

Has anybody had trouble getting the Eventide UltraChannel to show up correctly? I am finding that it remains in the Eventide folder even after being Auginized. Any suggestions?

Regards

Krzysztof
Old 11th June 2014
Gear Maniac

Hello

Has anybody had trouble getting the Eventide UltraChannel to show up correctly? I am finding that it remains in the Eventide folder even after being Auginized. Any suggestions?

Regards

Krzysztof
Old 11th June 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krzysztof View Post
Hello

Regards

Krzysztof
Hey Krzysztof, works fine here, have you scanned the plugin in Logic first before renaming it?
Old 11th June 2014
Gear Addict

Auganizer 1.1.4

Changes we have made:

Improved interaction between Ableton Live, 32 Lives and Automap plug-ins.
Auganizer now follows all aliases in the presets path.
Bugs fixed:

Ableton Live now correctly shows 32 Lives plug-ins in the Auganized folder in User Places.
Fixed Automap-ed plug-in renames.
Workaround for Ableton Live crash with DMGAudio: EQuilibrium plug-in

DMGAudio: EQuilibrium
Old 12th June 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys1 View Post
Hey Krzysztof, works fine here, have you scanned the plugin in Logic first before renaming it?
Hi Danny

Thanks that did the trick.

Regards

Krzysztof
Old 10th August 2014
Here for the gear

Is there a way to have the same plugin show up in multiple folders? For example, the Eventide Channel Strip show up under EQ, Compression, Delay and Modulation?
Old 4th October 2014
Gear interested

This plugin seems fantastic, very close to purchasing and taking some time off work to rename all plugins On this basis I will wait a while till it can be made quicker, here are some ways/features I think would be cool

1) Built in templates that could be applied in bulk

2) If Auganizer knew each plugin when you clicked the topfolder dropdown the first two/three entries are suggestions like dynamics or compressor relevant to each plugin (perhaps this could be pulled from the templates above?)

3) A bulk option to copy all topfolder names to the sub folder so when you change the topfolder to say compressor they would automatically be sorted by manufacturer

4) Last one ..... Batch rename so say you added "Waves" before each plugin name e.g. "Waves LinMB" but the names became too long you could search specific columns For "Waves" and change to "Wvs"

All in all a BRILLIANT IDEA, love the coverflow previews just pushed for time to rename myself
Old 9th December 2014
Lives for gear
So Auganizer apparently does not work with Slate's Virtual mix rack. I tried to use auganizer to put VMR in my "favorites" folder and it caused VMR to vanish. Logic sees VMR in the au manager, but it doesn't show up as a choice
Old 9th December 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB+J View Post
So Auganizer apparently does not work with Slate's Virtual mix rack. I tried to use auganizer to put VMR in my "favorites" folder and it caused VMR to vanish. Logic sees VMR in the au manager, but it doesn't show up as a choice
Works perfectly here - did you move the change back to system folder afterwards?

Old 9th December 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Works perfectly here - did you move the change back to system folder afterwards?

I did, but I'll try it again
Old 9th December 2014
Lives for gear
I've tried this three times now--assigning VMR to the new folder, them moving it into the system folder. It does not appear in logicX, running under Yosemite
Old 12th December 2014
Gear interested
Glitchmachines and Sinevibes plug-ins loose their factory presets when Auganized...
Old 31st December 2014
Gear Maniac

i hate how the sub-folder name shows up before the plugin name(for some plugins) in logic's mixer......any way this can be fixed?
Old 31st December 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by On The Swarm View Post
i hate how the sub-folder name shows up before the plugin name(for some plugins) in logic's mixer......any way this can be fixed?
No. If you notice no Audio Units have a sub folder as default, it isn't in the standard, its just Manufacturer Name -> Plugin Name. We just found that Logic, for some reason, respects an extra folder level and shows it in its hierarchy (probably because its already programmed for the native folder hierarchy which does have top and sub folders)

The downside is that Logic reads everything after the manufacturer name as the plugin name, as per the AU standard, thus its sub folder:plugin name. You can either use subfolders which help identify the plugin type which is what I personally do, or if you find the short name in the channel mixer more important that an extra level of menu control, avoid sub-folders all together (especially if you use Ableton Live which doesn't support them anyway)
Old 31st December 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbeet View Post
Glitchmachines and Sinevibes plug-ins loose their factory presets when Auganized...
Just seen this, we work with both companies so will have a look as to why - is this in Logic X as well??
Old 2nd January 2015
Gear interested
Quote:
Just seen this, we work with both companies so will have a look as to why - is this in Logic X as well??
Yes, it seems they don't like alias-folders.
Old 3rd February 2015
In case you didn't know. Logic 10.1 has a new plugin manager which will let you organise the plugins however you want. Even put them among the stock plugins!
Old 3rd February 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionFlower View Post
In case you didn't know. Logic 10.1 has a new plugin manager which will let you organise the plugins however you want. Even put them among the stock plugins!
Yes, but its features are more simple and not as good as Auganizer. And I bet v2 will be even better.
Old 3rd February 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by deft_bonz View Post
Yes, but its features are more simple and not as good as Auganizer. And I bet v2 will be even better.
It's good enough for me. And the ability to mix third party plugs into the stock plugin menu is what I really wanted, which is the reason I didn't buy Auganizer.
Old 3rd February 2015
Quote:
It's good enough for me. And the ability to mix third party plugs into the stock plugin menu is what I really wanted, which is the reason I didn't buy Auganizer.
Yes, it's great for simple organising, indeed. And pretty cool Apple finally built something like into Logic.

For me, with almost 300 plugins, a more sophisticated software is better. Of course that's a matter of taste and work flow.
Old 3rd February 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
KVR: Auganizer 2 Announced - Advanced Plug-in Management for the Power User

As said, we realise for some people the basic built in organisation is enough, especially if they don't have many plugins. But then, the channel eq that comes with Logic is enough for some people, may others buy third party plugins.

Auganizer 2 interfaces directly with the new top folder that Apple have now opened up. You can organise all your plugins far easier in Auganizer, seeing what they are in the GUI, reading notes on them, easily sorting them by multiple sub folders and you can copy your old settings straight from Auganizer 1 over to the new menu. You can of course rename plugins in Auganizer too, which allows you now to gives all plugins a name which fits perfectly in the channel strips so they are no longer truncated, or in my case, rename emulations to what they emulate.

Of course beyond this Auganizer 2's big new features include default renames so people don't have to start from scratch, import/export, the abilty to duplicate Audio Units and create individual native AU's (perfect for turning Reaktor ensembles into native plugins in the plugin menu, Kontakt instruments, Bluecat patchbays or anything else you can think up)

Regarding duplicate, we're working with Slate to provide an answer for people who want "individual VMR modules" with Auganizer 2 they'll be able to duplicate VMR for each module, rename it to the module name, save as default and in their plugin menu they'll be able to call up each of these individual modules straight away.

These are just a handful of the new features coming.

Last edited by dannys1; 3rd February 2015 at 12:40 PM..
Old 3rd February 2015
Are all the features mentioned above Auganizer 2.x only or does it work alongside logic plug-in manager already?

Quote:
(...) you can copy your old settings straight from Auganizer 1 over to the new menu. (...)
Will it also work the other way around (import existing folder structure from logic plug-in manager)?

Tim
Old 3rd February 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK3D View Post
Are all the features mentioned above Auganizer 2.x only or does it work alongside logic plug-in manager already?

Will it also work the other way around (import existing folder structure from logic plug-in manager)?

Tim
Auganizer 2 will be built to work with the 10.1 menu, and it will read any setup already in there so yes, effectively import the current structure.

Don't forget Auganizer 2 also works with Logic 8, 9 and X prior to 10.1 and for OSX versions 10.6 to 10.10, as well as other DAW's in sync.
Old 17th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Auganizer 2 will be built to work with the 10.1 menu, and it will read any setup already in there so yes, effectively import the current structure.

Don't forget Auganizer 2 also works with Logic 8, 9 and X prior to 10.1 and for OSX versions 10.6 to 10.10, as well as other DAW's in sync.
Any update on the update?
Old 18th November 2015
Lives for gear

Bump?
Old 18th November 2015
Lives for gear

I wonder if it's been shelved due to Apple adding plugin organisation in V 10.2.
Old 19th November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twrogstudio View Post
I wonder if it's been shelved due to Apple adding plugin organisation in V 10.2.
I doubt it, at least not because of that reason. Apple's doesn't have anywhere near the same features.
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search