The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Introducing Auganizer. Finally, rename and organise your Audio Units the way YOU want
Old 18th April 2014
Tui
Gear Guru

Old 18th April 2014
Gear Head

Dannys1 - You must know already that we'll never be satisfied and will always want more ::
That said - Do you think it would be possible to add a delete function to this app? Using Finder, I just deleted some individual plugins that I never use and now they're back after I started Auganizer 1.1.1 and had the unlocked plugins moved back to the system folder….

When you're done with that, you can add input/output - midi and multitrack capabilities…just kidding
Old 18th April 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chime13 View Post
Dannys1 - You must know already that we'll never be satisfied and will always want more ::
That said - Do you think it would be possible to add a delete function to this app? Using Finder, I just deleted some individual plugins that I never use and now they're back after I started Auganizer 1.1.1 and had the unlocked plugins moved back to the system folder….

When you're done with that, you can add input/output - midi and multitrack capabilities…just kidding
I did want to do this and thought about it - but I think its a bit unsafe as some plugins have uninstallers so you'd be leaving bits laying around. If they have an installer you can just "revert to pre-Auganizer state" and then run it. If you think its safe to just delete the component file, hightly the component column in Auganizer and double click it and it will open it in finder so you can delete if you want - that will always link to the component file that Auganizer has found, be it in system folder or user folder so you can always double click there to find what its picking up.
Old 18th April 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys1 View Post
If you think its safe to just delete the component file, hightly the component column in Auganizer and double click it and it will open it in finder so you can delete if you want - that will always link to the component file that Auganizer has found, be it in system folder or user folder so you can always double click there to find what its picking up.
Excellent! - So many undocumented functions! hint hint…..

Ok - as a compromise, can you make it so when I highlight multiple files and double-click on them, they will show up highlighted in the Finder window that pops up?
Old 18th April 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
V1.1.1 is out - Enjoy!
Fantastic work - I love the new feature of opening in the AU shell, you can call up any preset and it gets reflected in the cover flow image.
Brilliant.

Cheers, Peter
Old 19th April 2014
Gear Addict

Old 22nd April 2014
Gear Head

FYI - For users of this current version of Auganizer and Reaper:

If you have Auganized your plugins after using AU plugins in Reaper, they will not load as Reaper will not be able to find them. Luckily, through Auganizer's revert to original state, you can undo this and restore correct operation for your existing projects.
As a workaround:

1. Save your existing Auganizer changes "Export Changes", then roll back to original state.
2. Load up your Reaper projects and save all your project's AU plugins settings as presets. Close and don't save your project. Exit Reaper.
3. Re-Auganize your plugins by"Importing Changes".
4. Load Reaper and swap your "not found" project AU plugins using the new plugin name. Load your AU preset and your project should work without any issues.
5. If all is good, save your project and you're good to go.
Old 22nd April 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chime13 View Post
FYI - For users of this current version of Auganizer and Reaper:

If you have Auganized your plugins after using AU plugins in Reaper, they will not load as Reaper will not be able to find them. Luckily, through Auganizer's revert to original state, you can undo this and restore correct operation for your existing projects.
As a workaround:

1. Save your existing Auganizer changes "Export Changes", then roll back to original state.
2. Load up your Reaper projects and save all your project's AU plugins settings as presets. Close and don't save your project. Exit Reaper.
3. Re-Auganize your plugins by"Importing Changes".
4. Load Reaper and swap your "not found" project AU plugins using the new plugin name. Load your AU preset and your project should work without any issues.
5. If all is good, save your project and you're good to go.
Hi Chime,

Thanks for letting us and our other users know this - we're expanding our support to other AU hosts so we'll start by putting Reaper at the top of our list now as it must deal with plugins on an ID string basis rather than by the plugin ID like all the other AU hosts do. We'll try and find a better method of working with it, or see if we can automatically employ your work around.

Thanks again
Old 23rd April 2014
Old 27th April 2014
Gear Maniac

I am loving Auganizer and appreciating the quick updates.
However....
I have Waves Mercury and recently updated...and lost all my Auganizer tweaks and had to start from scratch. It's a whole mess of plugins to have to redo every time there's an update. Is there a way around this?

Thanks
g
Old 27th April 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeckitup View Post
I am loving Auganizer and appreciating the quick updates.
However....
I have Waves Mercury and recently updated...and lost all my Auganizer tweaks and had to start from scratch. It's a whole mess of plugins to have to redo every time there's an update. Is there a way around this?

Thanks
g
Hi G,

In the future this will be automatic, for now you can select the plugins that have been replaced during update and go to "Actions -> Roll back to last edit" in this case your last edit would be the changes you made before the plugin was updated.

As a fall back theres always the import/export feature too. Hope that helps
Old 28th April 2014
Gear Addict

v1.1.2 release - just some minor fixes that affected people who don't have a component folder and an issue where some plugins were incorrectly leaving a pencil when edit was applied. Biggest fix is for fixing a bug with preset handling for some signed components.

Just a quick note to say Gearslutz 15% discount will run out on the 30th.
Old 2nd May 2014
Gear Head

There's one thing is noticed, but i don't know is there anything developer can do about it. I lately purchased PuigTec EQ from Waves, and once i installed it all the Waves plugins (which is a lot) was put back to 'Waves' -folder. So, i needed to 'auganize' all Waves plugins from start. I believe this was on Auganizer version 1.1.
Old 2nd May 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrz View Post
There's one thing is noticed, but i don't know is there anything developer can do about it. I lately purchased PuigTec EQ from Waves, and once i installed it all the Waves plugins (which is a lot) was put back to 'Waves' -folder. So, i needed to 'auganize' all Waves plugins from start. I believe this was on Auganizer version 1.1.
See post 387 above
Old 3rd May 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
See post 387 above
Old 6th May 2014
Gear Addict

how does this interact with Vienna Ensemble Pro?? on a mac VEP only reads AUs
Old 7th May 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
how does this interact with Vienna Ensemble Pro?? on a mac VEP only reads AUs
So Brasco only just seen this. VEP isn't directly supported yet but its something we'll be looking at. At the moment it will respond to any non signed AU renames like every other AU host, any AU's which are signed are not touched by Auganizer though and that means in hosts that we dont directly work with currently they will rename with the default name.

We're currently working on a number of ways to make sure all hosts get the same support as Logic though (or as much as their plugin browser limitations allow, many will never support sub folders, or in the case of Maschine any kind of folder structure) but we'll add as much support for all as possible and perhaps look at branching this out to other plugin formats too for an all in one plugin management location.
Old 10th May 2014
Gear Head

Hi,

Bought this on day one and most issues now sorted - great tool. Do we only get one install though? I would like to use on my desktop and macbook when im travelling, but seems bit harsh to have to buy two licences as they will never be used at the same time?

Most developers usualy grant 2 these days? Please?

Thanks,

Pete
Old 10th May 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawforp View Post
Hi,

Bought this on day one and most issues now sorted - great tool. Do we only get one install though? I would like to use on my desktop and macbook when im travelling, but seems bit harsh to have to buy two licences as they will never be used at the same time?

Most developers usualy grant 2 these days? Please?

Thanks,

Pete
Yes, as mentioned on our site, you get two licenses, please e-mail us sales@auganizer.com
Old 10th May 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Yes, as mentioned on our site, you get two licenses, please e-mail us sales@auganizer.com
Ok great thanks - just done that. Sorry did not see that on site

Pete
Old 12th May 2014
Two licenses? Cool!

If I have 2 or 3 users on one computer, will one license suffice for all users on one computer?
Old 12th May 2014
Two licenses? Cool!

If I have 2 or 3 users on one computer, will one license suffice for all users on one computer?
Old 12th May 2014
Gear Head

I have problem where, Valhalla Vintage Verb is working in LogicX, but in Studio One i got Valhalla plugin in demo mode. Don't know if this is Auganizer related problem.
Old 12th May 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
I have problem where, Valhalla Vintage Verb is working in LogicX, but in Studio One i got Valhalla plugin in demo mode. Don't know if this is Auganizer related problem.
Have you moved all changes back to system folder?
Old 12th May 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft_bonz View Post
Two licenses? Cool!

Yes it will, and also on multiple partitions on the same computer too.
Old 12th May 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Have you moved all changes back to system folder?
Yes. I noticed that vst version of the plugin is registered in Studio One, but au is not .
Old 12th May 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Yes. I noticed that vst version of the plugin is registered in Studio One, but au is not .
Ahhh, easy mistake he he
Old 13th May 2014
Quote:
Yes it will, and also on multiple partitions on the same computer too.
AAAAAHWSOME heh

Then I can use it once in the studio for different users on one Mac and on my machine at home
Old 17th May 2014
Lives for gear

Congratulations I asked myself for years why apple with logic is not able to do this….. bill me in.
Old 22nd May 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
So Brasco only just seen this. VEP isn't directly supported yet but its something we'll be looking at. At the moment it will respond to any non signed AU renames like every other AU host, any AU's which are signed are not touched by Auganizer though and that means in hosts that we dont directly work with currently they will rename with the default name.

We're currently working on a number of ways to make sure all hosts get the same support as Logic though (or as much as their plugin browser limitations allow, many will never support sub folders, or in the case of Maschine any kind of folder structure) but we'll add as much support for all as possible and perhaps look at branching this out to other plugin formats too for an all in one plugin management location.
OK just to come back to the issue of Vienna Ensemble Pro.

I can confirm that making any changes to a plugin inside Auganizer will lead into VEP not recognizing presets containing that same plugin saved prior to making changes in Auganizer. It seems logic doesnt suffer from this (anybody confirm?).

What I mean is: BEFORE doing anything in Auganizer, open up Kontakt inside VEP and make a nice VEP preset of the VEP project. Then, close VEP open up Auganizer and change Kontakt naming parameters (put it in a category of SAMPLERS for instance). Close Auganizer save changes and open VEP and try to load the project you just made five minutes ago - VEP will no longer load Kontakt because it doesnt find it anymore.
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search