The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Introducing Auganizer. Finally, rename and organise your Audio Units the way YOU want
Old 15th April 2014
Gear Maniac

Update from the application...it also gives the change log on install.

K
Old 15th April 2014
Lives for gear

Cool. Thanks.
Old 15th April 2014
Gear Maniac

so how is 1.1 running?
Old 15th April 2014
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by On The Swarm View Post
so how is 1.1 running?
The first thing I did was "restore to pre-Auganizer state..." all plug-ins (to start from scratch), and several of my plug-ins now show a blank "Top Folder." Not sure what is going on, but I guess I'll just see what happens when I give it a go and start unlocking and editing things.
Old 15th April 2014
Gear Head

Overall user experience was okay. However this time when i launch auganizer i got plenty of authorazion popups appearing, and in Logic for eg. my Izotope RX2 plugins are in demo mode. After authorization, they were alright. It seems this time i cannot categorize my Expert Sleepers plugins, they're always on their Expert Sleepers folder even i assign them to my '10 Modular' -folder.

Old 15th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrz View Post
However this time when i launch auganizer i got plenty of authorazion popups appearing, and in Logic for eg. my Izotope RX2 plugins are in demo mode. After authorization, they were alright. It seems this time i cannot categorize my Expert Sleepers plugins, they're always on their Expert Sleepers folder even i assign them to my '10 Modular' -folder.
So, let me get this straight --

Basically, you guys are installing a program which completely re-organizes all of the AU plugins in Logic (which was working perfectly fine) and the result is that a lot of plugins don't work anymore, or have to be re-authorized, or need to be "worked around" into a different folder altogether... and when "unauganized", the same thing occurs...

I'm not in the least surprised by this.

But what I am surprised by is that some people think of this as a tool that will "get things done quicker".
Old 15th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammy80 View Post

Basically, you guys are installing a program which completely re-organizes all of the AU plugins in Logic (which was working perfectly fine) and the result is that a lot of plugins don't work anymore, or have to be re-authorized, or need to be "worked around" into a different folder altogether... and when "unauganized", the same thing occurs...

But what I am surprised by is that some people think of this as a tool that will "get things done quicker".
got out of bed the wrong side this morning hey
Old 15th April 2014
Gear nut

Quote:

If you don't want to use this amazing tool, then don´t! Simple as that.
Old 15th April 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Overall user experience was okay. However this time when i launch auganizer i got plenty of authorazion popups appearing, and in Logic for eg. my Izotope RX2 plugins are in demo mode. After authorization, they were alright. It seems this time i cannot categorize my Expert Sleepers plugins, they're always on their Expert Sleepers folder even i assign them to my '10 Modular' -folder.

Just to clear up your note there - Auganizer will now show popups for plugins that have popups (e.g. demos, missing libraries, problems etc) its NOT Auganizer causing this, which is what it sounded a bit like - and what the next happy chap seemed to comment on.

Any other problems you have will almost certainly be solved by "moving changes to system folder" - you guys have all jumped on this ahead of when i'd hoped, a big post will be coming later explaining all the new features, along with me 30 min tutorial video and an updated getting started guide, just hold on!

P.S. as for Expert Sleepers, they "Auganized" for me ok, are you running latest versions? This was SW 2.4.1

Old 15th April 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
No, no you haven't got it straight, you've totally miss understood. What you're seeing are a couple of people who are (inevitably) finding some issues with their setup out of the thousands who are currently happy working in the studio. Past that I'm not entirely sure what the purpose of your post was.
Old 15th April 2014
Gear nut

I bought it yeehooooo!!!! ;-)
Old 15th April 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris D View Post
I bought it yeehooooo!!!! ;-)

Now give me an hour to get all the accompanying literature online you eager beavers
Old 15th April 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys1 View Post
Just to clear up your note there - Auganizer will now show popups for plugins that have popups (e.g. demos, missing libraries, problems etc) its NOT Auganizer causing this, which is what it sounded a bit like - and what the next happy chap seemed to comment on.

Any other problems you have will almost certainly be solved by "moving changes to system folder" - you guys have all jumped on this ahead of when i'd hoped, a big post will be coming later explaining all the new features, along with me 30 min tutorial video and an updated getting started guide, just hold on!

P.S. as for Expert Sleepers, they "Auganized" for me ok, are you running latest versions? This was SW 2.4.1

Yeah, with 1.01 they were alright, but after update they won't 'auganize' and yes, i'm running the latest versions. Will post if i get it sorted.

EDIT: It seems boot did the trick.
Old 15th April 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Yeah, with 1.01 they were alright, but after update they won't 'auganize' and yes, i'm running the latest versions. Will post if i get it sorted.

EDIT: It seems boot did the trick.
Boot? Reboot?
Old 15th April 2014
I read this in the OP "The ability to free up disk space by applying all changes to your system folder after editing"

I dont know if this is a big ask - but I'd love it if a sort of AU plugin deletion cleanup could be included in this app (to get rid of associated files on deletion)...
Old 15th April 2014
Gear Addict

It’s here! Auganizer v1.1. This release is all about adding compatibility and functionality across the board. We’ve made lots of changes on the backend of the software to cater for just about every plugin out there. Everything is silky smooth and running great and we’ve added a whole bunch of features since v1.01 including, but not limited to.

The ability to free up disk space by applying all changes to your system folder after editing.
Logic presets now follow plugin renames around no matter how many times you change, update or revert.
We’ve added support for Automap enabled plugins.
Full compatibility with Garageband 10.
The ability to revert all plugins (or selected plugins) to a pure pre Auganizer state.
The ability refresh the plugin list without closing and opening Auganizer.
Ableton changes now appear in a “Auganized” folder under “Places”.
Various improvements based on user feedback.

We’ve squashed lots of bugs too including;
Unlocking plugins for users with a custom home directory
Wrong popups for updated components when two versions of the same plugin exist
A crash that could occur when quitting Auganizer
Fixes for 32Lives GUI’s in Auganizer (100% compatibility with 32Lives now)
Fixed bug for “iLok not found” in Slate Digital VBC
Bugs fixed for missing GUIs (by adding, “copy back to system folder” feature)
Signed plugins are no longer touched or edited.
In testing, 100% compatibility with every plugin developer, there are currently no known problem plugins.

We’re very happy with Auganizer 1.1, we brought forward a lot of features planned for the future to accommodate the way some plugins work which means we’re ahead of our planned roadmap and yet we will lots of ideas to implement going forward. Auganizer 1.1 is solid, reliable and feature packed.

To update, simply check for updates in the Auganizer menu once opened.

Ive made a raw but through walk through video here —> YouTube
The getting started guide has also been updated to explain the new menus and options —> Auganizer | Getting Started, Help Guide and Manual.
And i’ll be working on a PDF manual for those who requested one over the next week.

The super super short getting started guide from me would be as follows.

Open Auganizer, unlock all plugins, rename and arrange the way you want, move all changes back to system folder, enjoy!

Id like to thank all the companies who’ve been so kind to contribute, support or help with v1.1 by donating their great products or working closely with us including but not limited to Native Instruments, Waves, Slate Digital, The Plugin Alliance, Sonnox, Softube, Lexicon, MCDSP, Fab Filter, FXPansion, Gforce, Arturia, Fluxtone, Focusrite, Audio Damage, Sonalksis, SKnote, Sinevibes, reFX, PSP Audioware, Plug & Mix, XILS Labs, D16 Group, Spectrasonics, u-he, Tritone Digital, Toneboosters, Tone2, Sugar Bytes, Stillwell, SPL, Ploytek, OHMForce, Nomad Factory, MOTU, Matthew Lane, Madrona Labs, LVC-Audio, Kusa, Kussa, Hornet, HOFA, HeelAudio, Hamberg Audio, Glitch Machines, Expert Sleepers, Eareckon, Cytomic, Cycling74, Cakewalk, Cableguys, Boz Digital Labs, Audioease, Audio Realism, AccSone, 112db.
Old 15th April 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
I read this in the OP "The ability to free up disk space by applying all changes to your system folder after editing"

I dont know if this is a big ask - but I'd love it if a sort of AU plugin deletion cleanup could be included in this app (to get rid of associated files on deletion)...
Thats EXACTLY what "Move to system folder" does after you've made changes.

And for reverting to a pre-auganizer state thats exactly what "Restore to pre-Auganizer state" does too
Old 15th April 2014
Tui
Gear Guru

Quote:
It’s here! Auganizer v1.1.

... <snip>
Great stuff.

You know, a PDF version of the Getting Started Guide would be helpful.
Old 15th April 2014
Gear nut

I've been trying it out for a few hours now and all I can say is "wow!!". It's like I'm discovering my plugins for the first time. Having all eq plugins in one folder makes me feel like I'm on the Discovery....same with compressors. Makes searching for the right sound much more fun and so much easier.
Old 15th April 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post
Great stuff.

You know, a PDF version of the Getting Started Guide would be helpful.
Writing it as we speak Tui!

Its going to be more of a full manual though, a little more in-depth than the getting started guide.
Old 15th April 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Boot? Reboot?
Reboot
Old 15th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris D View Post
I've been trying it out for a few hours now and all I can say is "wow!!". It's like I'm discovering my plugins for the first time. Having all eq plugins in one folder makes me feel like I'm on the Discovery....same with compressors. Makes searching for the right sound much more fun and so much easier.
Not only that, but I love being able to remove pointless stuff that some companies include in the plugin name, like when they include the company name again with the plugin name making it a chore to see what plugin is loaded where later in the session or when companies include the version number in the plugin name. That's what the "about" menu options and info screens are for. Now there's no need to deal with that anymore!
Old 15th April 2014
Gear interested

Like many people, I was very much looking forward to this software update as a way to organize the 250+ audio units (some free, some paid) I've amassed. Unfortunately, after spending a number of hours "Auganizing" them and sending them back to the system folder, which is my personal preference and required for a handful of plug-ins, it broke a large portion of the plug-in naming that I had attempted, and loading my plug-ins in Ableton created a weird mish-mash of the original top-level naming conventions and my own. It also seemed to have given certain plug-ins a different top-level folder than the original, but not one I had selected (e.g., a number of the "Spectral Processing" plug-ins were given the "Modulation" top-level folder I had reserved for things like choruses, etc.).

Then, when I tried restoring them to their pre-Auganized state, as per the program options, it only reverted some of them (many of them remained with their new top-level folder names). Additional, in Auganizer, several plug-ins now show a blank top-level folder.

I eventually was able to somewhat fix things with some magic combination of "Roll back to original name..." and "Move to system folder..." and perhaps one or more additional command and some manual deletions.

Sad to say that this isn't working for me. It's such a good, long-overdue idea, with a good user interface, and I know the devs are working super hard on it, but I am left disappointed and a little concerned with what is going on under the hood as it pertains to the problems I'm having. I hope there aren't any kind of residual issues.
Old 15th April 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephyw View Post
It also seemed to have given certain plug-ins a different top-level folder than the original, but not one I had selected (e.g., a number of the "Spectral Processing" plug-ins were given the "Modulation" top-level folder I had reserved for things like choruses, etc.).
What you're described here by "it" is unfortunately a limitation of Ableton. I'm presuming you're using Ableton and not Logic as your post doesn't mentioned Logic anywhere.

Let me be clear, Logic and Garageband support everything 100%, other Audio Unit hosts are supported in some capacity or another. For Ableton as mentioned in the release notes there is now an "Auganized" menu in "Places" which features your renames. We've talked with Ableton about the basic limitations with their plugin hosting but was met with the official word "don't expect a change anytime soon".

I meant to write about Ableton so theres no time like the present, here are the problems we've spent weeks trying to work around but ultimately its impossible unless they change their code.

1. Ableton, unlike any other Audio Unit host we've used will grab the first "top folder" name it finds for a manufacture ID and apply it to all the others regardless of what there is set to. I have no idea why its programmed to do this, as obviously no other host does - but that creates the extremely annoying problem you mentioned with plugins all appearing in one top folder.

Our workaround for this? To make our older folder in Places with your Auganized plugins in.

2. Ableton doesn't work with any kind of database, cache or record of plugin names - this means we can't interface directly with it as we're able to with other hosts. This means in our old implementation there is no way we'd be able to update signed components in the plugin menu as we no longer touch or write to these plugins.

Again to work around this we've applied the new way above - in the meantime I've requested Ableton install something like a database management which isn't over written every time you load the program.

3.Ableton won't support sub-folders. It just doesn't read them, or acknowledge them like Logic will. Further more the way it creates presets means it tries to create an illegal folder if you use them.

Current work around for this it to not use them, in the future we're going to add the feature to the "Places" menu.

To wrap it up, we (and I personally) LOVE Ableton Live and what it can do, but there are quite a few limitations which make our job either a nightmare or totally impossible at this stage. Creatively Ableton is fantastic, but I know above their changes we've requested they've got many other things to catch up that have been long standing issues at the Ableton forum such as Retina support and VST3 that I'm sure they'll be looking to address first.

To sum up, everything Ableton based works perfectly (and renames perfectly) in v1.1 if you don't use subfolders in the "Places" section (ignore plugin names) - theres no need to revert, apply, move, clean up etc. What its doing there is pretty straight forward.

But really Logic is where our bread and butter is as it has a lot more support and lot more in the way we can offer these results in a beautiful menu
Old 15th April 2014
Gear interested

I'm also on Ableton Live 9. I'm not feeling a real need for subfolders and so far the "Auganized" workaround has solved most of the issues I was having, which were similar to the ones josephyw is having. It's really great to finally be able to sort Pod Farm Elements so that amps go with my other amps, distortions with other distortions, etc. Also, my problems with Hornet, Klanghelm, and Sonimus have all been addressed with the workaround.

There are some exceptions however. The most important ones to my workflow are PSP Vintage Warmer 2 (ver. 2.3.1) Kilohearts Faturator (ver. 1.003) and Nugen Stereoizer (ver. 2.8)

Faturator doesn't show up in the Auganizer application, so it can't be renamed and shows up in Live 9 in the Kilohearts folder.

Stereoizer and the other Nugen plugins don't show up in the Live 9 "Auganized" folder (Places) but can be found in the "Mastering" folder that is under "Plug-ins" (Categories)

Something similar is happening with Vintage warmer 2 and the other PSP plugins. Vintage Warmer doesn't show up in the "Auganized" folder but can be found in the "Mastering" folder. Same for PSP Nitro (ver. 1.1.2) It shows up in the "Multi FX" folder under "Plug-ins". NobleQ, OldTimer, and PianoVerb get sorted correctly in the "Auganized" folder.

There are other issues as well, but these are the important ones to me (for now) As far as the workaround being less than ideal, I understand. But I'm cool with it if I can get these other problems solved.

Thanks for all your work, Danny!
Old 15th April 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerrucho View Post
I'm also on Ableton Live 9. I'm not feeling a real need for subfolders and so far the "Auganized" workaround has solved most of the issues I was having, which were similar to the ones josephyw is having.

Thanks for all your work, Danny!
Hey Cerrucho,

Just double checked the PSP plugins you mentioned and no problems here for me...

I was on on 1.5.2 there but shouldn't really make any difference. If its definitely not there, you could try rolling back to original name and entering it again just to ensure the folders are created, but really they should be upon opening Auganizer.

Edit: Faturator is using a really really old Audio Unit framework it appears, we'll need to build in for that. Nitro has also been superseded with N20 which works just fine, grabbed the Nitro installer and it renames fine for me but I'm running 64bit version of Ableton Live so I can't test if it shows ok.
Old 15th April 2014
Gear interested

Quote:
But really Logic is where our bread and butter is as it has a lot more support and lot more in the way we can offer these results in a beautiful menu
Hi Danny,

I appreciate you taking the time to clarify. Unfortunately, Ableton is my DAW, and these workarounds do not work for me.

The original information stated that Auganizer "works direct with ... Ableton," and I did not run into any of these issues (or the original issues that the 1.0.1 or 1.1.0 updates were designed to correct) within the limitations of the original 1.0.0 demo, which is why I purchased it.

I don't suppose you all are offering any sort of refund to people in my position, who are willing to revoke their license?

Thank you,
Joseph
Old 15th April 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephyw View Post
Hi Danny,

I appreciate you taking the time to clarify.
I don't suppose you all are offering any sort of refund to people in my position, who are willing to revoke their license?

Thank you,
Joseph
Of course, just drop us an e-mail questions@auganizer.com
Old 15th April 2014
Here for the gear

I'm on Logic 9.1.8, and everything is almost perfect now with the update. The only stragglers I have left are kiloHearts Disperser & Faturator. They don't show up in Auganizer, so I'm not able to rename them. A fix for these two & everything will be perfect for me...
Old 15th April 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by space1uno View Post
I'm on Logic 9.1.8, and everything is almost perfect now with the update. The only stragglers I have left are kiloHearts Disperser & Faturator. They don't show up in Auganizer, so I'm not able to rename them. A fix for these two & everything will be perfect for me...
Thanks space, just contacted Kiloherts, they were one of the one devs in the last couple of weeks we didn't get a chance to get in touch with. Upon first look its because they're using a completely different AU framework with .rsrc or plist to read from, so we'll add support for this framework and push an incremental live.
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search