The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Soundtoys Little PrimalTap Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 17th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Walsh View Post
WARNING!!!

Install at your peril if you're running Nuendo 6.07 / 64 bit / W8.1

I did just did - and upon exit suffered a crash that wiped Nuendo prefs and caused Nuendo to crash on start up again.

I had to scan all my plugins again, but the installation of this plugin had caused a problem with Melodyne, of all things.. Had to remove that first then rescan, yada, yada, yada..

Something in this plugin causes problems with iLok me-thinks..

Robin
Hmmmm... Not an issue here with Nuendo 6.07 Windows 7 64bit
Old 17th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondwave View Post
Really nice sound, but .. no tempo sync? Maybe in the full version. Thank god you can type a value.

What does the "prime" dot mean next to the MS value? It appears with seemingly random ms values. Can't find manual to read.

Wonder if the Waves Metafilter delay can do this stuff, just ran out of the demo.
Prime numbers, hence Lexicon "Prime Time:"

http://thesnowfields.com/manuals/Pri...viceManual.pdf
Old 17th March 2014
Thanks, not enough time to read 100 pages of manual without search , but is the prime numbering just a curiosity or does it actually have some meaning in this case?
Old 17th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks, not enough time to read 100 pages of manual without search , but is the prime numbering just a curiosity or does it actually have some meaning in this case?
It says primes are useful for obtaining maximum echo density in recirculation type effects, but that wouldn't matter for a single channel... so, a curiosity in this case, unless you're using multiple instances or PT-style dual mono, etc. (see pg. 9 of the PDF).
Old 17th March 2014
Gear Nut
I "think" it simply refers to prime nubers that are not divisible...but I could be mistaken. Thing sounds awsome...I had the real one and it sounds like it. Love the smoothness and response of the sliders and knobs...something that many seem not to get right.
Old 18th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophet View Post
pity about the iLok thing. I don't possess an iLok account, but would have really liked this plugin.
It's a pity that this bias persists. I thought people would get past it once iLok did away with the need for the physical dongle.
Old 18th March 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOS View Post
Hmmmm... Not an issue here with Nuendo 6.07 Windows 7 64bit
So it seems to be a Windows 8.1 64 bit thing then. I'm also having problems with some of the other Soundtoys plugs..
Old 18th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Dahlberg View Post
It's a pity that this bias persists. I thought people would get past it once iLok did away with the need for the physical dongle.
I didn't know the did that.I dig my ilok
Old 18th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
It's an option that is up to the vendor, and only a few are offering it so far, though.
Old 18th March 2014
Lives for gear

EDIT: got my answer from antithesist
Old 19th March 2014
Have problem with it on OSX Mavericks 10.9.2, host Reaper 4.602 64-bit.

When i load Little PrimalTap on channel in host i can't use any Reaper's control functions in plugin window: i can't bypass it, can't select In/Out and etc. With any other plugins everything is fine!

At this screenshot i mark Reaper's function bar that doesn't work.
Old 20th March 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Really nice sound, but .. no tempo sync? Maybe in the full version. Thank god you can type a value.

What does the "prime" dot mean next to the MS value? It appears with seemingly random ms values. Can't find manual to read.

Wonder if the Waves Metafilter delay can do this stuff, just ran out of the demo.
Just type in the tempo of your track into tempo display and press enter.
Old 20th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cintronic View Post
Just type in the tempo of your track into tempo display and press enter.
isn't the display in seconds and not tempo?
Old 20th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Re-check again, fresh news from Soundtoys:

Free for a limited time. Offer Ends March 28th, 2014.

In case you haven't heard, it’s time to get a Little Primal. With Little PrimalTap, our dirty little delay plug-in.

No iLok hardware is required to run this plug-in*. No key. Dare we say dongleless?

it only requires an iLok.com account for plug-in authorization, but no hardware dongle is needed.

Way to go Soundtoys Team

Enjoy fellas ;-)
Old 21st March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek Model View Post
Have problem with it on OSX Mavericks 10.9.2, host Reaper 4.602 64-bit.

When i load Little PrimalTap on channel in host i can't use any Reaper's control functions in plugin window: i can't bypass it, can't select In/Out and etc. With any other plugins everything is fine!

At this screenshot i mark Reaper's function bar that doesn't work.

Problem only with Vst version of plugin. AU works fine. Reported to Soundtoys Support.
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
isn't the display in seconds and not tempo?
I assumed it was tempo is it synced perfectly when I did this.
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Guru
BTW if anyone is having trouble with a license not showing up, go to faq on the ST site. There is a "restore and repair" setting in iLok which will fix it. Was driving me crazy! what a cool delay effect! these guys rule! I'd seriously buy anything they make
Old 22nd March 2014
Lives for gear
Had no problems at all with OSX 10.6.8 and PTHD 9.
Old 23rd March 2014
Here for the gear

Nevermind.. worked without SoundToys' recognition of my country :p

And SoundToys, here you go!:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan

Please help!
I'm trying to register on the SoundToys page but MY COUNTRY (JORDAN) IS NOT EVEN LISTED IN THE DROP DOWN MENU! :S
Old 23rd March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cintronic View Post
I assumed it was tempo is it synced perfectly when I did this.
I think it's milliseconds.
Old 23rd March 2014
Gear Maniac
Soundtoys.com no worky, fails to open page?
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear
This sounds very good. Great distortion unit. Forget about the delay.
Old 23rd March 2014
Tui
Gear Guru

Quote:
Careful here. You want to keep me for a customer - right?

In the experience of many users, Pace is neither a trustworthy nor competent company. These users deserve an alternative, I hope you would agree.
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

Yep the saturation and distortion is very unique and analog like. SoundToys impressive once again.
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

Really nice and dark sounding. Looking forward to hearing the Big primaltap if they do one.
Old 25th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by polybonk View Post
Really nice and dark sounding. Looking forward to hearing the Big primaltap if they do one.
Pretty sure they will, at least that's been the case with the previous little plugins. Took awhile for Micro Shift to arrive, so I guess we're looking at second semester here.
Old 25th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick81 View Post
Yep the saturation and distortion is very unique and analog like. SoundToys impressive once again.
Tried it out on a short trumpet part...loving it!
Old 25th March 2014
For all those who don't know how to deal with tempo-ms conversions... Just take 60,000 and divide by your bpm. This will give you your MS for quarter notes. Then just multiply and divide to get 1/8th or 1/2 note delays.

Ex.

60,0000/120 bpm = 500 MS (quarter note), 250 (eighth note), etc.
Old 25th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammuz View Post
Nevermind.. worked without SoundToys' recognition of my country :p

And SoundToys, here you go!:

Jordan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please help!
I'm trying to register on the SoundToys page but MY COUNTRY (JORDAN) IS NOT EVEN LISTED IN THE DROP DOWN MENU! :S
Thank you for pointing this out! We have added Jordan to the drop-down menu with the list of countries.
Old 25th March 2014
Lives for gear

This is a cool little plugin, and it sounds good too. I downloaded it last week.

I'd never tried a real hardware Lexicon primetime, but I've used plenty of hardware Lexicon PCM 42's before.

And of course there is no sync to tempo, or entering in a bpm, that is for lazy people, and it wouldn't be true to the original.

Back in the day, you'd have to enter the milliseconds in manually. Most engineers knew these figures in their head for the most common tempos without even looking them up. Or you can just do it by ear, which any engineer should be able to do, if they have ears.

I was also experimenting and I placed a Microshift plugin on the insert of the Primaltap and I like how that sounds, nice and wide.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search