The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Messe 2014: Tascam UH-7000 - High-end USB audio interface Audio Interfaces
Old 18th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
But my point is the Tascam inputs are the real deal. I use them on almost every session now, and I've been getting stellar tracks out of them.
That's good to know. I just picked up a UH-7000, but still haven't had time to set it up. The suspense is killing me!
Old 18th July 2015
Lives for gear

Finally got a chance to take it out of the box and mess around with it for a few minutes. First impressions are positive. Very nice build quality, heavy, nice knobs, strong headphone output. Sounds really good listening to some reference mixes and commercial stuff, iTunes, etc.

Didn't get a chance to plug in any mics or line inputs yet. Maybe this weekend. So far, so good.
Old 21st September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
Finally got a chance to take it out of the box and mess around with it for a few minutes. First impressions are positive. Very nice build quality, heavy, nice knobs, strong headphone output. Sounds really good listening to some reference mixes and commercial stuff, iTunes, etc.

Didn't get a chance to plug in any mics or line inputs yet. Maybe this weekend. So far, so good.
More recent thoughts?
Old 22nd September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by burns46824 View Post
More recent thoughts?
Hi. Here's what I thought about a month ago and I still feel the same way:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/11255010-post22.html

Hope it helps!
Old 22nd September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
Hi. Here's what I thought about a month ago and I still feel the same way:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/11255010-post22.html

Hope it helps!
Cool, thanks! Amazing to see such value at that price.
Old 19th October 2016
Here for the gear

I'm new in this, I listened some demos using uh-7000 that just blew me away,I want to buy this unit so badly, Only one thing is stopping me: how to connect a UA 4-710 or any similar tube pre amps in it,I saw 4-710d have another AES\EBU OUT...I'm working mostly with VSTi and My idea is to pass them throught tube preamps to make them sound better.
Old 20th October 2016
Gear Guru

The Tascam preamp is so transparent I don't think it would change the UA preamp sound that much.

I believe one connection you could make is 2 channels of AES out of the UA into the Tascam, using the Tascam as the interface. But then you're losing all your other channels. I guess you could connect the remaining 2 UA preamps line out to the Line In on the Tascam preamps, then you've got all four UA preamp channels running into the UH-7000 as your master interface. From there you can use the DAC and headphone amp for monitoring.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search