The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Antelope Announces Zen Studio (complete interface solution) now shipping Audio Interfaces
Old 16th November 2016
  #481
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clybourne View Post
The new EQ update should be ready very soon, but in the meantime here's another announcement for Windows users.

We have just released a new updated Windows Driver, ver. 3.40. This driver offers the following.

• Improved stability for Pro Tools
• Improved driver signing for recent Windows 10.

Antelope has always remained committed to supporting as many platforms and DAW’s as possible and we strive to be the best interface market in the world for PC and MAC platforms. This new driver is the result of this ongoing commitment to excellence.

Marcel & The Antelope Team
I had the new driver up and running this evening... So far so good.. I use Cubase 8.035 64bit on WIndows 7 64bit , and the it's been running very well. No hiccups with the driver thus far...
Old 16th November 2016
  #482
New FX update now live!

We just posted the update with (5) Vintage EQ's.

• Helios696
• NEU-PEV (German mastering EQ)
• VEQ-55A
• VEQ-1A
• LANG PEQ-2

Please download the new Launcher on our website and allow it to update your Control Panel, then perform the Firmware update.

Another great new feature is panel section splitting, where you drag the various panel tab sections and move them around or to different Desktop views.

This update also adds Networking, so you can open the panel and control it from any MAC/PC on your Network.

Old 16th November 2016
  #483
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clybourne View Post
We just posted the update with (5) Vintage EQ's.

• Helios696
• NEU-PEV (German mastering EQ)
• VEQ-55A
• VEQ-1A
• LANG PEQ-2

Please download the new Launcher on our website and allow it to update your Control Panel, then perform the Firmware update.

Another great new feature is panel section splitting, where you drag the various panel tab sections and move them around or to different Desktop views.

This update also adds Networking, so you can open the panel and control it from any MAC/PC on your Network.


I can confirm that the New Driver/Control Panel/Effects are Working well.... I'm currently testing them all out right now and so far, no issues... Everything runs smooth...

And the first impressions of the new effects, They sound great...!!!!

Thank you again Marcel/Antelope Audio for listening to your customers....

Have more tests to perform...
Attached Thumbnails
Antelope Announces Zen Studio (complete interface solution) now shipping-2016-11-16-08_07_50-greenshot.jpg   Antelope Announces Zen Studio (complete interface solution) now shipping-2016-11-16-08_07_42-greenshot.jpg   Antelope Announces Zen Studio (complete interface solution) now shipping-2016-11-16-08_07_25-greenshot.jpg  

Last edited by mustream; 16th November 2016 at 02:04 PM..
Old 16th November 2016
  #484
Gear Addict
 
mauvehead's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clybourne View Post
We just posted the update with (5) Vintage EQ's.

• Helios696
• NEU-PEV (German mastering EQ)
• VEQ-55A
• VEQ-1A
• LANG PEQ-2

Please download the new Launcher on our website and allow it to update your Control Panel, then perform the Firmware update.

Another great new feature is panel section splitting, where you drag the various panel tab sections and move them around or to different Desktop views.

This update also adds Networking, so you can open the panel and control it from any MAC/PC on your Network.

Thank you Antelope for this!!!
Old 16th November 2016
  #485
Gear Addict
 
mauvehead's Avatar
 

The update is working great so far on my MBP running El Capitan.

Only caveat thus far is that the new Control Panel will not load any of my previous 20-something custom routing schemes. No biggie as I can remake those as on the quick as needed. The resizable Control Panel is more than worth the trade-off there. No complaints.

Really digging the FPGA EQ's. I've routed some tunes through them just to get a quick feel for the EQ's and I'm really impressed with the vibe and quality of these FPGA effects. I also like the balance of EQ types that Antelope decided to add to the Zen as each one seems to fill a particular niche. They all seem to be voiced nicely without sounding too extreme or overwrought. I am also appreciative of the virtual detent notching that the some of effects knobs use. Will be easier and more tempting to use these EQ's while tracking due to those detents. I am also liking the 10k-12k ranges on these EQ's as they sound very natural and analog without overpowering an otherwise good-sounding mix. Oftentimes EQ plug-ins try to capture the essence of a good HF boost but they end up sounding harsh or fake, especially in the 10k-12k zone. These FPGA EQ's sound really good in that holy grail HF range. Nice coding.

Thanks again to Antelope (and Marcel) for putting up with the heated bellyaching regarding the resizable Control Panel. The FPGA stuff is just icing on the cake for me. I'm especially appreciative of Antelope taking the time, effort and expense to up the ante on the Zen.

Moving forward with Antelope Audio...

Regards...

Todd
Old 17th November 2016
  #486
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauvehead View Post
The update is working great so far on my MBP running El Capitan.

Only caveat thus far is that the new Control Panel will not load any of my previous 20-something custom routing schemes. No biggie as I can remake those as on the quick as needed. The resizable Control Panel is more than worth the trade-off there. No complaints.

Really digging the FPGA EQ's. I've routed some tunes through them just to get a quick feel for the EQ's and I'm really impressed with the vibe and quality of these FPGA effects. I also like the balance of EQ types that Antelope decided to add to the Zen as each one seems to fill a particular niche. They all seem to be voiced nicely without sounding too extreme or overwrought. I am also appreciative of the virtual detent notching that the some of effects knobs use. Will be easier and more tempting to use these EQ's while tracking due to those detents. I am also liking the 10k-12k ranges on these EQ's as they sound very natural and analog without overpowering an otherwise good-sounding mix. Oftentimes EQ plug-ins try to capture the essence of a good HF boost but they end up sounding harsh or fake, especially in the 10k-12k zone. These FPGA EQ's sound really good in that holy grail HF range. Nice coding.

Thanks again to Antelope (and Marcel) for putting up with the heated bellyaching regarding the resizable Control Panel. The FPGA stuff is just icing on the cake for me. I'm especially appreciative of Antelope taking the time, effort and expense to up the ante on the Zen.

Moving forward with Antelope Audio...

Regards...

Todd
Yup... ^^ What you said..
I totally agree
And i'm very impressed with the Effects as well..
Been Going through them all evening and I have to say, they sound excellent....
Old 17th November 2016
  #487
Gear Nut
Would you say the API type eq is as good as the waves?
Old 19th November 2016
  #488
Lives for gear
 
Solar's Avatar
 

Hey guys!

Wooow, this is indeed great news. Glad to see Antelope Team coming this far and mostly to have listened to their customers. Bravo @Antelope Dev Tean ;-)

Quick question here, I started my Control Panel and first thing I saw is that I detected a new Control Panel Version V1.50.8 I let it download and installed. And then I got the new Zen Studio Launcher showing Available Devices but below the Square, the new control Pannel didn't recongnized my Zen Studio yet. Is this normal???

And I see also 2 buttons bellow: Connect & Admin

My question is:

- Once the Control Panel has been updated, do I have to reboot my Win7 x64?

- Do I have to Hard Reste manually Zen studio??

How to make Control Pannel reckon the Zen Studio HW???

Thanks for any tip

Again, this is indeed look like a great step update for faithful Zen Studio users and glad to see Antelope going the extra mile to bring the goods in this UNIT because it's their fine legacy unit that start up all the new HW with DSP built-in fx and all.
I hope that next update will be concentrated on the Control Panel GUI to match up the Zen Tour colors and workflow and how everything is layout.

Big thanks Antelope Much appreciated

EDIT: this is what I got so far and can't seem to go further than this. Need help here cuz I believe that Control Panel is not seeing my Card


Last edited by Solar; 19th November 2016 at 06:34 PM..
Old 19th November 2016
  #489
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjono2000 View Post
I just did a firmware update as recommended by prompt, my unit is now a brick, saying "LOADER GOLDEN BOOT"

Just a heads up. If you can get away with not doing this, I would.
It's not a brick. You can launch the panel, the firmware updater window should open straight off, then you can update firmware. This occasionally can occur.

PLEASE, contact Support on Monday. If you PM me, I can try to have someone even contact you over the weekend.

Marcel
Old 19th November 2016
  #490
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clybourne View Post
It's not a brick. You can launch the panel, the firmware updater window should open straight off, then you can update firmware. This occasionally can occur.

PLEASE, contact Support on Monday. If you PM me, I can try to have someone even contact you over the weekend.

Marcel

Excellent thanks.


Just got worried when it was non responsive.
Old 19th November 2016
  #491
Gear Addict
[QUOTE=Clybourne;12257696]

Please download the new Launcher on our website and allow it to update your Control Panel, then perform the Firmware update.
[QUOTE]

Thought it worth stating this again.
Old 19th November 2016
  #492
Lives for gear
 
Solar's Avatar
 

[QUOTE=Lowend Bump;12264776][QUOTE=Clybourne;12257696]

Please download the new Launcher on our website and allow it to update your Control Panel, then perform the Firmware update.
Quote:

Thought it worth stating this again.
Followed this step as well and still brings me to Control Panel as I posted in my post earlier and just stays there. Not able to go any further.... as I believe won't be able to go any further if the new Control panel isn't seeing my connected Zen Studio
Old 19th November 2016
  #493
Gear Addict
[QUOTE=Solar;12264798][QUOTE=Lowend Bump;12264776]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clybourne View Post

Please download the new Launcher on our website and allow it to update your Control Panel, then perform the Firmware update.


Followed this step as well and still brings me to Control Panel as I posted in my post earlier and just stays there. Not able to go any further.... as I believe won't be able to go any further if the new Control panel isn't seeing my connected Zen Studio
Got it.
I'm hoping this update goes well. I'm still hesitant to do this after the last update.
Old 19th November 2016
  #494
Lives for gear
 
Solar's Avatar
 

[QUOTE=Lowend Bump;12264834][QUOTE=Solar;12264798]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowend Bump View Post

Got it.
I'm hoping this update goes well. I'm still hesitant to do this after the last update.
Unfortunately, I went on and looked at many different ways to get the New Control Panel to see my Zen Studio and nothing is working. I have the latest Audio Drivers as well Version 3.40 installed but every time I launch new Zen Control Panel, I get to that page where I can NOT connect my Zen.

Only workaround for me is to Launch Old Zen Control Panel version 1.47 and every time I launch CTRL panel v1.47, it always prompt me with a Product Information that I need to add my Date of Purchase/Dealer etc..

@marcel, can you please get me someone on Skype to help me here? Would appreciate that
Old 19th November 2016
  #495
[QUOTE=Solar;12264866][QUOTE=Lowend Bump;12264834]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post

Unfortunately, I went on and looked at many different ways to get the New Control Panel to see my Zen Studio and nothing is working. I have the latest Audio Drivers as well Version 3.40 installed but every time I launch new Zen Control Panel, I get to that page where I can NOT connect my Zen.

Only workaround for me is to Launch Old Zen Control Panel version 1.47 and every time I launch CTRL panel v1.47, it always prompt me with a Product Information that I need to add my Date of Purchase/Dealer etc..

@marcel, can you please get me someone on Skype to help me here? Would appreciate that
Of course we can assist you. I forget if you're mac or pc?

Please PM me your contact info Solar.

Marcel
Old 19th November 2016
  #496
Lives for gear
 
Solar's Avatar
 

[QUOTE=Clybourne;12264910][QUOTE=Solar;12264866]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowend Bump View Post

Of course we can assist you. I forget if you're mac or pc?

Please PM me your contact info Solar.

Marcel
PM just sent ;-) Thank you
Old 19th November 2016
  #497
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post

PM just sent ;-) Thank you
Let us Know how it turns out.
Old 19th November 2016
  #498
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
Hey guys!

Wooow, this is indeed great news. Glad to see Antelope Team coming this far and mostly to have listened to their customers. Bravo @Antelope Dev Tean ;-)

Quick question here, I started my Control Panel and first thing I saw is that I detected a new Control Panel Version V1.50.8 I let it download and installed. And then I got the new Zen Studio Launcher showing Available Devices but below the Square, the new control Pannel didn't recongnized my Zen Studio yet. Is this normal???

And I see also 2 buttons bellow: Connect & Admin

My question is:

- Once the Control Panel has been updated, do I have to reboot my Win7 x64?

- Do I have to Hard Reste manually Zen studio??

How to make Control Pannel reckon the Zen Studio HW???

Thanks for any tip

Again, this is indeed look like a great step update for faithful Zen Studio users and glad to see Antelope going the extra mile to bring the goods in this UNIT because it's their fine legacy unit that start up all the new HW with DSP built-in fx and all.
I hope that next update will be concentrated on the Control Panel GUI to match up the Zen Tour colors and workflow and how everything is layout.

Big thanks Antelope Much appreciated

EDIT: this is what I got so far and can't seem to go further than this. Need help here cuz I believe that Control Panel is not seeing my Card


Hey Solar..... Did you get everything sorted out bro?
Old 20th November 2016
  #499
Lives for gear
 
Solar's Avatar
 

Hi @mustream

No not yet.. waiting for Antelope to contact me so we can sort this out.
Old 20th November 2016
  #500
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
Hi @mustream

No not yet.. waiting for Antelope to contact me so we can sort this out.

hmm... I know it's the weekend, but i do believe you'll get sorted..

It looks like something went weird with the control panel software update..

After mine had finished i got a number in the upper-right-hand corner of the control panel.... I believe it's some sort of unit/identification number or something..

Take a look at the pic.

Maybe a hard reset of your ZEN studio might work? Meaning to un-plug the power from the Surge strip/protector/or where-ever you have it plugged in, and then re-load the control panel and see what happens??... Not sure if you tried that already though...

I really want you to get going and check out the FX, and give your opinion...
Attached Thumbnails
Antelope Announces Zen Studio (complete interface solution) now shipping-2016-11-19-21_36_06-greenshot.jpg  
Old 20th November 2016
  #501
Lives for gear
 
Solar's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustream View Post
hmm... I know it's the weekend, but i do believe you'll get sorted..

It looks like something went weird with the control panel software update..

After mine had finished i got a number in the upper-right-hand corner of the control panel.... I believe it's some sort of unit/identification number or something..

Take a look at the pic.

Maybe a hard reset of your ZEN studio might work? Meaning to un-plug the power from the Surge strip/protector/or where-ever you have it plugged in, and then re-load the control panel and see what happens??... Not sure if you tried that already though...

I really want you to get going and check out the FX, and give your opinion...
Really appreciate @mustream for taking the time. Means a lot.

Quick questions:

- Did you uninstall any of the OLD Zen studio Audio drivers before updating to the new one?

- Did you manually deleted the different PANEL version of the Zen Studio Launcher found under: C:\Users\76Records\.antelope

Reason I'm asking if you DELETED the PANEL versions, is because inside my .antelope folder under C:\USERS\ I have 3 folders of version: 1.41 / 1.47 & latest 1.50.8


Or all you did before updating, was downloading the Launcher-zen-3.1.5-win.exe drivers, install it and then launch the Zen Control Panel & from there the update firmware began??

Also I remember that today I was so anxious (as you know i've been one the advocate who really raised my concern about Antelope not updating Zen studio drivers/Control Panel software GUI & workflow etc..) to try the new update that THANK GOD Antelope Team went on and listened to us (users) and have delivered and this is just a great news... and I'm sooo eager to really try what they've already integrate in this update & hopefully they'll keep updating more features and overhauling the CTLR Panel GUI software as well.

Been so anxious that I even went on and uninstall the Audio drivers fully that still ain't work. When I launch the New Zen Control Panel, I'm stuck to the same screenshot I shared above.

By the way, regarding your suggestion of HARD RESET: you mean to unplug the and before plugin it back, LOAD the new Control Panel and see what happens???

Let me know mate ;-)

Thanks a lot again and I'm positive Antelope will reach out to me as I;ve already PM'ed Mr Marcel ;-)

Edit1: By the way.. quick question for you, you see the CTRL panel screenshot I posted above... did you pass that stage when you were doing the update??? If YES

When you came to that stage where you see the CONNECT & ADMIN button... in the middle, the square, what was inside that SQUARE?? Was there your Zen studio ID or something like that???

Curious because even when I click on ADMIN, a new page opens and I see other options like : Check for updates, Restart Server etc.. but when I click on either of these option nothing happens... weird

EDIT 2: By the way, just tried the hard reset, unplugged the Connector and started the CTRL Panel and still the same page I've posted above.
Old 20th November 2016
  #502
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
Really appreciate @mustream for taking the time. Means a lot.

Quick questions:

- Did you uninstall any of the OLD Zen studio Audio drivers before updating to the new one?

- Did you manually deleted the different PANEL version of the Zen Studio Launcher found under: C:\Users\76Records\.antelope

Reason I'm asking if you DELETED the PANEL versions, is because inside my .antelope folder under C:\USERS\ I have 3 folders of version: 1.41 / 1.47 & latest 1.50.8


Or all you did before updating, was downloading the Launcher-zen-3.1.5-win.exe drivers, install it and then launch the Zen Control Panel & from there the update firmware began??

Also I remember that today I was so anxious (as you know i've been one the advocate who really raised my concern about Antelope not updating Zen studio drivers/Control Panel software GUI & workflow etc..) to try the new update that THANK GOD Antelope Team went on and listened to us (users) and have delivered and this is just a great news... and I'm sooo eager to really try what they've already integrate in this update & hopefully they'll keep updating more features and overhauling the CTLR Panel GUI software as well.

Been so anxious that I even went on and uninstall the Audio drivers fully that still ain't work. When I launch the New Zen Control Panel, I'm stuck to the same screenshot I shared above.

By the way, regarding your suggestion of HARD RESET: you mean to unplug the and before plugin it back, LOAD the new Control Panel and see what happens???

Let me know mate ;-)

Thanks a lot again and I'm positive Antelope will reach out to me as I;ve already PM'ed Mr Marcel ;-)

Edit1: By the way.. quick question for you, you see the CTRL panel screenshot I posted above... did you pass that stage when you were doing the update??? If YES

When you came to that stage where you see the CONNECT & ADMIN button... in the middle, the square, what was inside that SQUARE?? Was there your Zen studio ID or something like that???

Curious because even when I click on ADMIN, a new page opens and I see other options like : Check for updates, Restart Server etc.. but when I click on either of these option nothing happens... weird

EDIT 2: By the way, just tried the hard reset, unplugged the Connector and started the CTRL Panel and still the same page I've posted above.

Ok.... What i did first was i uninstalled the old driver 3.20, then reboot, then installed the new one.. That went fine. Now mind you i didn't uninstall or download the new control panel software.

Secondly, I launched the control panel that was already in my system, which is the now old 1.47 version. What came up was a message stating that there was a new version 1.50 available, then it started downloading that on it's own...

When that was finished, (if i remember correctly), there was a screen pop-up window that stated that there was a new firmware available and that it needed to be downloaded.... So on that new window, there was a bar with a down arrow at the end.. I clicked on that bar, then I saw a long number.... That's the number on the pic in my previous post.... It took about 3 seconds or so to detect it... But i had to click on that number , then i believe i clicked either the OK button or UPDATE button... (Can't remember which was there).. After about 2-3 minutes or so, i got a message to RESET the ZEN... So what i did was i Unplugged it from my surge protector, and re-pluged it back in..... After that, the NEW control panel screen loaded and YES my number DID come up in that BOX that you were asking about...

So to reply to your questions:

1. - Did you uninstall any of the OLD Zen studio Audio drivers before updating to the new one?
Answer: Yes

2. - Did you manually deleted the different PANEL version of the Zen Studio Launcher found under: C:\Users\76Records\.antelope
Answer: No, i didn't have to do anything like that.


Or all you did before updating, was downloading the Launcher-zen-3.1.5-win.exe drivers, install it and then launch the Zen Control Panel & from there the update firmware began??
Answer: Nope, only thing i downloaded was the new driver..

By the way, regarding your suggestion of HARD RESET: you mean to unplug the and before plugin it back, LOAD the new Control Panel and see what happens???
Answer: Yes,, Unplug it , then plug back in the re-load the control panel...
But i see that you tried that and it didn't work...


My question to you is this, Did the firmware update completely?... Meaning that did it even reach to that stage to update the firmware?.. If not, i recommend uninstalling everything (again).. Driver/Control panel software... Even if you did it before.. Then remove those same files in the antelope directory that you were talking about.. Make sure to turn on the Show Hidden files & folders option (If you haven't done that already that is) just to make sure that there isn't any lingering file that's causing trouble... Then turn off the Zen, reboot, then turn on the Zen, re-install driver,then re-install control panel software then seen what happens...

We have to get you going with this.... I really what you to hear this new fx...
Old 20th November 2016
  #503
Lives for gear
 
Solar's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustream View Post
My question to you is this, Did the firmware update completely?... Meaning that did it even reach to that stage to update the firmware?.. If not, i recommend uninstalling everything (again).. Driver/Control panel software... Even if you did it before.. Then remove those same files in the antelope directory that you were talking about.. Make sure to turn on the Show Hidden files & folders option (If you haven't done that already that is) just to make sure that there isn't any lingering file that's causing trouble... Then turn off the Zen, reboot, then turn on the Zen, re-install driver,then re-install control panel software then seen what happens...

We have to get you going with this.... I really what you to hear this new fx...
Hey mate!

Alright, here I am... Followed exactly step by step your suggested steps one by one and after uninstalling everything, I mean everything about ZEN studio in my computer, rebooting. Once in Win7x64, I turned on Zen Studio, Win detected the soundcard but didn't find the drivers which is normal...
Then went on Installed the latest audio drivers as you suggested right? And I noticed that the audio drivers are installed in C:\program files\Antelope Audio

Then after audio drivers installed, I installed the latest Zen Ctrl Panel, and noticed that this one is installed C:\program files (x86)\Zen Studio Launcher

Now after everything has been installed, I launched Zen Ctrl Panel crossing my finger that it will pass the Cotrl Panel Black Page that I've already posted earlier in my post, and unfortunately all I have is that same Black Control panel with "Available Devices/Connect/Admin and nada more

Now interesting thing, I went on and checked to see of the .antelope folder where the Panel version are stored and there's no MORE .antelope folder in C:\Users\76Records\.antelope
Is this normal??? Not sure

The only thing I see in my C:'Users\76Records folder is a file named .zen_registration_wizard

Last edited by Solar; 20th November 2016 at 03:35 PM..
Old 20th November 2016
  #504
Lives for gear
 
Solar's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustream View Post
Ok.... What i did first was i uninstalled the old driver 3.20, then reboot, then installed the new one.. That went fine. Now mind you i didn't uninstall or download the new control panel software.

Secondly, I launched the control panel that was already in my system, which is the now old 1.47 version. What came up was a message stating that there was a new version 1.50 available, then it started downloading that on it's own...

When that was finished, (if i remember correctly), there was a screen pop-up window that stated that there was a new firmware available and that it needed to be downloaded.... So on that new window, there was a bar with a down arrow at the end.. I clicked on that bar, then I saw a long number.... That's the number on the pic in my previous post.... It took about 3 seconds or so to detect it... But i had to click on that number , then i believe i clicked either the OK button or UPDATE button... (Can't remember which was there).. After about 2-3 minutes or so, i got a message to RESET the ZEN... So what i did was i Unplugged it from my surge protector, and re-pluged it back in..... After that, the NEW control panel screen loaded and YES my number DID come up in that BOX that you were asking about...
Also i thought important to mention, reading the steps you took to do this udpate...

My update was almost the same. First thing I did when I read about the good news, I just went on and launched my Zen CTRL panel (meaning the old one version 1.47 and was also running audio drivers version 3.26)

SoI just went on and started the Zen Launcher and just like you, I saw the launcher downloading the 1.50 new version. Once it finished downloading, it installed the newest version. Then when I opened the new Launcher, unfortunately it did NOT bring me to updating any firmware, it stopped at the same place, the Black CTRL panel that i've already shared here right!!

So I told myself that this is NOT how it suppose to work.. Then I went ON and instead of launching the new Zen Launcher, I went back to the path where All Panels version are stored inlcuding the newest one C:\Users\76Records\.antelope

and accessed the 1.47 Launcher and Open the earlier version right? And then moment I launched 1.47 version, if I'm not mistaking thats when the message to Update NEW FIRMWARE box showed up & of course I followed instruction, let it download the new firmware etc.. ask me to turn off Zen STudio etc.. but I didn't even get where you got with A LONG NUMBER, not at all..

For me when the Firmware was updated, then Re-opened the new launcher, I was stuck at the same Launcher I shared here...
Then went on after firmware was installed and Opened 1.47 Launcher and then I was PROMPT with a registration white window to either Register or if I had an account...

To be honest wasn't sure, so I created a new account.. as I was going, finished submitting my newly registered Zen studio (i recalled that I've already had an account). But I already recevied the confirmation link of the new registration, but then I recalled that I've already had an account, and opened the old account and saw all my info of when I bought my Zen studio 2014 etc..

But still from there, even the firmware updated, when I open the new Launcher vers 1.50, I get stuck to the same page, I don't see any detected long number, the only way for me to use the soundcard is by using 1.47 Launcher

So this is where I am now... suuuuucks i swear

I'm gonna try the OPPOSITE steps: follow your steps but this time, install latest Audio drivers & install Zen Launcher 1.47. Then Start 1.47 Zen Launcher and see what happens....

Last edited by Solar; 20th November 2016 at 03:58 PM..
Old 20th November 2016
  #505
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
Also i thought important to mention, reading the steps you took to do this udpate...

My update was almost the same. First thing I did when I read about the good news, I just went on and launched my Zen CTRL panel (meaning the old one version 1.47 and was also running audio drivers version 3.26)

SoI just went on and started the Zen Launcher and just like you, I saw the launcher downloading the 1.50 new version. Once it finished downloading, it installed the newest version. Then when I opened the new Launcher, unfortunately it did NOT bring me to updating any firmware, it stopped at the same place, the Black CTRL panel that i've already shared here right!!

So I told myself that this is NOT how it suppose to work.. Then I went ON and instead of launching the new Zen Launcher, I went back to the path where All Panels version are stored inlcuding the newest one C:\Users\76Records\.antelope

and accessed the 1.47 Launcher and Open the earlier version right? And then moment I launched 1.47 version, if I'm not mistaking thats when the message to Update NEW FIRMWARE box showed up & of course I followed instruction, let it download the new firmware etc.. ask me to turn off Zen STudio etc.. but I didn't even get where you got with A LONG NUMBER, not at all..

For me when the Firmware was updated, then Re-opened the new launcher, I was stuck at the same Launcher I shared here...
Then went on after firmware was installed and Opened 1.47 Launcher and then I was PROMPT with a registration white window to either Register or if I had an account...

To be honest wasn't sure, so I created a new account.. as I was going, finished submitting my newly registered Zen studio (i recalled that I've already had an account). But I already recevied the confirmation link of the new registration, but then I recalled that I've already had an account, and opened the old account and saw all my info of when I bought my Zen studio 2014 etc..

But still from there, even the firmware updated, when I open the new Launcher vers 1.50, I get stuck to the same page, I don't see any detected long number, the only way for me to use the soundcard is by using 1.47 Launcher

So this is where I am now... suuuuucks i swear

I'm gonna try the OPPOSITE steps: follow your steps but this time, install latest Audio drivers & install Zen Launcher 1.47. Then Start 1.47 Zen Launcher and see what happens....
hmmm.. This is strange indeed.... Trying to figure out what the problem could be.....

There has to be something that's preventing the control panel software from working the way it should.. You followed the steps perfectly, so i'm not sure what's messing with the control panel.

@Clybourne, I know it's sunday, but is there any way that Solar could get a little extra assistance?... I really want him to experience these new Fx....

@Solar... i'm thinking but not sure at the moment what to try..... Did you make any headway?
Old 20th November 2016
  #506
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustream View Post
hmmm.. This is strange indeed.... Trying to figure out what the problem could be.....

There has to be something that's preventing the control panel software from working the way it should.. You followed the steps perfectly, so i'm not sure what's messing with the control panel.

@Clybourne, I know it's sunday, but is there any way that Solar could get a little extra assistance?... I really want him to experience these new Fx....

@Solar... i'm thinking but not sure at the moment what to try..... Did you make any headway?
Andrew in Support tried to call him just now, but he didn't answer.

I really don't think we should be treating the Forum like a private chat room. Solar knows how to reach Support and he's a friend of the company. Q&A of course, is always cool, but this is going a bit beyond "normal" me thinks.
Old 21st November 2016
  #507
Lives for gear
 
Solar's Avatar
 

Hey guys @mustream @Clybourne

Yes man, really really strange. I'm sure that Antelope will help me figure all this out very soon
@marcel, yes I saw a missed call today but not that I didn't want to answer. It's just the day has started very bad this morning as I had to bring my mother to the emergency hospital.

Looking forward to talk to Andrew soon so we can figure this out and have it all working.

Just note that I might be off for a moment to make sure my mother is fine first. @marcel, can you ask Andrew to send me an email that I can reply to him when I have a little time so we can jump and fix this? I'd appreciate that much

Thank you
Old 21st November 2016
  #508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
Hey guys @mustream @Clybourne

Yes man, really really strange. I'm sure that Antelope will help me figure all this out very soon
@marcel, yes I saw a missed call today but not that I didn't want to answer. It's just the day has started very bad this morning as I had to bring my mother to the emergency hospital.

Looking forward to talk to Andrew soon so we can figure this out and have it all working.

Just note that I might be off for a moment to make sure my mother is fine first. @marcel, can you ask Andrew to send me an email that I can reply to him when I have a little time so we can jump and fix this? I'd appreciate that much

Thank you
Good luck with your mom. Mine is also going through some serious stuff right now. I'll let Andrew know to email today.

Regards,
Marcel
Old 21st November 2016
  #509
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
Hey guys @mustream @Clybourne

Yes man, really really strange. I'm sure that Antelope will help me figure all this out very soon
@marcel, yes I saw a missed call today but not that I didn't want to answer. It's just the day has started very bad this morning as I had to bring my mother to the emergency hospital.

Looking forward to talk to Andrew soon so we can figure this out and have it all working.

Just note that I might be off for a moment to make sure my mother is fine first. @marcel, can you ask Andrew to send me an email that I can reply to him when I have a little time so we can jump and fix this? I'd appreciate that much

Thank you
Dang .. sorry to hear about your mom.. I hope all goes well with her & you bro...
Old 21st November 2016
  #510
Lives for gear
 
Solar's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clybourne View Post
Good luck with your mom. Mine is also going through some serious stuff right now. I'll let Andrew know to email today.

Regards,
Marcel
Hi Marcel, thank you very much for the positive thoughts as they're needed in alarming times like these. I wish a prompt and positive recovery to your dear mother as well. it ain't easy seeing our loved ones going thru hard times. We must be there for them.

Appreciate for letting Andrew to email me. Looking forward to it
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump