The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Antelope Announces Zen Studio (complete interface solution) now shipping Audio Interfaces
Old 24th September 2015
Lives for gear

@OldTools

Hope I can help.... After you did your routing inside Zen Studio Control Panel (CP), make sure you send your (FROM) MIX 1 L/R to Monitor 1 & 2. That way you're sure you're monitoring physically your Main Output of your Zen to your Speakers plugged behind. If you don't Monitor whatever you're doing back, you'll only hear the way you explain your routing with your headphones only.

One thing I noticed after installing the latest Firmware version 1.40 (inluding the Reverb DSP), it completely WIPE your earlier setup and give you a total new routing. This is something honestly I wish Antelope would have consider not to do so. Because we're all used to our Settings and even though on my side I had my settings routing Saved, but the thing is that when I go and load up my earlier setting of the past months, nothing works exactly as I've saved them because it's like the add-on of the reverb forces to a routing that you maybe don't need. Even though I understand that they come up with a Default Routing to show the user how the DSP reverb can affect or can be used but... I hope NEXT TIME Antelope, will instead come up with PRESETS already SAVED that USERS can go and LOAD up and SEE how those presets can work for their every day use and if NONE of those Presets work for the users, user can simply fully load up his earlier Preset from earlier FIRMWARE and get rolling and go and Route the REVERB following the MANUAL

I'll be testing more the Reverb Presets. Sure thing the Reverb sound great at first. Wish they had more nice vocal Presets developed by other BETA TESTERS or the guys who developed the DSP Reverb :-)

Thanks Antelope for this update :-)
Old 24th September 2015
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
Yes it will be a a control panel update
THanks... Just got it
Old 25th September 2015
Gear Addict
[QUOTE=Clybourne;11355806]New Reverb now ready for Zen Studio called AuraVerb.

[/QUOTE

Trying out the reverb and liking it alot thus far....

Tested it on some Jazz guitars.... Sounds really smooth and nice.. I like.......

Good job Antelope..... Marcel......
Old 26th September 2015
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
@OldTools

Hope I can help.... After you did your routing inside Zen Studio Control Panel (CP), make sure you send your (FROM) MIX 1 L/R to Monitor 1 & 2. That way you're sure you're monitoring physically your Main Output of your Zen to your Speakers plugged behind. If you don't Monitor whatever you're doing back, you'll only hear the way you explain your routing with your headphones only.
Thanks for that. I think we tried that - same for headphone mixes, but we ended up using another interface instead. Maybe next time. I'll forward this info to my friend with the Zen.
Old 6th October 2015
Gear Maniac

I know a portion of this has been answered in a number of ways, but I am curious about something. I read on the Antelope site that the 4 front panel inputs are not balanced. Is this accurate? I'm asking in the case of bypassing the preamp to plugin an external pre at line level. I know this is possible on the 8 back panel inputs via TRS. I also know that the front 4 inputs can be switched to line level in the control panel, but can I plug a balanced signal into them? Hope this is clear. Thanks to anyone in advance.
Old 6th October 2015
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothertony View Post
I know a portion of this has been answered in a number of ways, but I am curious about something. I read on the Antelope site that the 4 front panel inputs are not balanced. Is this accurate? I'm asking in the case of bypassing the preamp to plugin an external pre at line level. I know this is possible on the 8 back panel inputs via TRS. I also know that the front 4 inputs can be switched to line level in the control panel, but can I plug a balanced signal into them? Hope this is clear. Thanks to anyone in advance.
Where does it say that the front inputs are not balanced? I would expect them to be, and don't see anything that indicates otherwise......
Old 7th October 2015
Gear Maniac

From the FAQs on the Antelope site:

Quote:
What is the type of TRS Ins and Outs on the Zen ?
All the Inputs on the Zen are balanced, except the Hiz ones. The monitor outs are Impedance balanced.
Old 8th October 2015
Gear Maniac

Anyone got a beat on this?
Old 25th December 2015
Gear Addict
Has anyone had any luck with the the new Control panel Software???? v.1.4.7 ?..( The Missing Buffer and ASIO streaming mode bug)... Here's a list of suggestions that the Antelope audio Tech support gave me to try:
-------------------------------------------
Hello,

Could you please follow these steps :

1 - Delete the drivers and control panel for the Zen Studio
2 - View your hidden folders and search for a folder named .antelope
3 - Delete .antelope
4 - Disable the Digital Signature Requirement
5 - Install the drivers for the Zen Studio
6 - Install the control panel after the drivers
7 - Perform a Factory reset

Please let me know the results after.

Best Regards,
Antelope Support Team
----------------------------------------------------
Unfortunately for me, i still have the problem and the "New" driver is not working on my PC. Meaning that it installs ok, but, windows has a Exclamation mark on the Zen driver in the Device Manager... So it's reading the Zen as though it's conflicting with something.. And that only happened when this " New" driver was installed.... as of Dec 22nd 2015... So i tried back my "Old" driver which had downloaded a week before and sure enough, Windows detected the Zen the way it's supposed to...... But that control Panel bug (With the missing buffers and ASIO Streaming Mode) is still there....

sigh...... Will today is Christmas (Compliments of the Season to everyone) but i do hope they fix this problem soon....
Old 28th December 2015
HI -

I am thinking about picking up the new Orion Studio. Since there are currently no existing users on that thread, and since the Zen has a very similar DSP "plugin" feature to the Studio, I thought I would ask some questions here. Are most people using the DSP features to provide things like "comfort reverb" and the like for headphone mixes when recording? Because otherwise I don't understand why you would use it since there are so many great plugins available for mixdown.

Tho I already own an original Orion, I really don't need 32/32 IO and I am attracted to the thunderbolt, DSP and new routing capabilities. I run PT 12 on a new Mac Pro.

thnX
Old 28th December 2015
Gear Addict
Found a Solution to this particular Problem on Windows 7x64bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustream View Post
Has anyone had any luck with the the new Control panel Software???? v.1.4.7 ?..( The Missing Buffer and ASIO streaming mode bug)... Here's a list of suggestions that the Antelope audio Tech support gave me to try:
-------------------------------------------
Hello,

Could you please follow these steps :

1 - Delete the drivers and control panel for the Zen Studio
2 - View your hidden folders and search for a folder named .antelope
3 - Delete .antelope
4 - Disable the Digital Signature Requirement
5 - Install the drivers for the Zen Studio
6 - Install the control panel after the drivers
7 - Perform a Factory reset

Please let me know the results after.

Best Regards,
Antelope Support Team
----------------------------------------------------
Unfortunately for me, i still have the problem and the "New" driver is not working on my PC. Meaning that it installs ok, but, windows has a Exclamation mark on the Zen driver in the Device Manager... So it's reading the Zen as though it's conflicting with something.. And that only happened when this " New" driver was installed.... as of Dec 22nd 2015... So i tried back my "Old" driver which had downloaded a week before and sure enough, Windows detected the Zen the way it's supposed to...... But that control Panel bug (With the missing buffers and ASIO Streaming Mode) is still there....

sigh...... Will today is Christmas (Compliments of the Season to everyone) but i do hope they fix this problem soon....
Found a Solution to this problem i was having with the new updated Drivers for the Zen was installing but not "Working"... As windows was detecting the Zen to be conflicting with another device when in reality it wasn't

Also another problem was the Control Panel Software with the New update cause the Buffer & ASIO USB Streaming Mode settings to disappear..

But here's the solution to fix this on Windows 7 x64bit

Check out these steps: It worked for me... But you have to do it at your own risk...

Download this piece of software dseo13b.exe at Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider 1.3b

2. Follow the instructions.... (but i will put it here instead so others can use it easily

Step 1: Download software from link provided above
Step 2: Right Click on downloaded file, choose "Run As Administrator"
Step 3: Click Next
Step 4: Click yes
Step 5: Choose "Enable Test Mode" (it's the first option)
Step 6: Click Next
Step 7: Click on "Sign a System file" (It's the Third Option)
(this is where you get to choose the Zen Driver to allow it to work in Win7"
Step 8: Click Next
Step 9: Insert the "path" where the Zen Driver is installed... (eg: c:\windows\System32\Drivers\ZenStudio_x64.sys)
Step 10: Click OK........
Step 11: Repeat Step 7 (There are two files that needs this process)
Step 12: Insert the "Path" to the Second Zen file........... (eg: C;\windows\System32\Drivers\ZenStudioks_x64.sys)
Step 13: Click OK
Step 14: There's a message that would pop up. Just click ok
Step 15: Reboot PC
Step 16: Start back Making Music and enjoying life

Using this little tool worked for me and now the new driver works and My Zen Control Panel software is working as it should as well..... My Buffer & ASIO Streaming mode settings are back.....

Hope this helps......
Old 28th December 2015
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber View Post
HI -

I am thinking about picking up the new Orion Studio. Since there are currently no existing users on that thread, and since the Zen has a very similar DSP "plugin" feature to the Studio, I thought I would ask some questions here. Are most people using the DSP features to provide things like "comfort reverb" and the like for headphone mixes when recording? Because otherwise I don't understand why you would use it since there are so many great plugins available for mixdown.

Tho I already own an original Orion, I really don't need 32/32 IO and I am attracted to the thunderbolt, DSP and new routing capabilities. I run PT 12 on a new Mac Pro.

thnX
Well for me the Reverb is what i use most.... It's only as you say for "Comfort".. Some vocalists that i work with request to have to reverb on their vocals while they are singing as to help with the mood and what not..... So for me that's important and indispensable.... And the reverb sounds awesome as well.....

As far as the EQ & Comp goes, I've experimented with it but i haven't had much use for those... But then again, for me, i mostly track Vocals so i don't use them as much.......
Old 3rd January 2016
Gear Nut

Anyone hear from their support at all? Tried everything*(contact page/ticket/phone) no response. I know it's holiday season but there's no mention when they'll be back in office either
Old 4th January 2016
Hi everyone and Happy New Year!

Here're a few videos giving some tips and trick for setting up Zen Studio for recording and monitoring, as well as how to apply the different DSP FX.

Old 26th March 2016
Gear Head

Hey guys,

Is it already possible to use 2 zen studio's at the same time on the same mac? I saw this feature by the new Orion Studio and hoped it is also in the new Zen driver/Control panel?
Old 25th May 2016
Gear Nut
marcel still here? i'm interested in zen studio as well, and all I need is 4~8 preamp so I was thinking to get zen studio or rme ufx or apogee quartet.
zen studio looks attractive since it has more preamp than other(more analog input) competitor's. are there any good sample of zen studio for recording acoustic instrument only? such as piano, violin, string quartet and etc... (classical and jazz recording maybe?)

thanks in advance
Old 25th May 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimoyjk View Post
marcel still here? i'm interested in zen studio as well, and all I need is 4~8 preamp so I was thinking to get zen studio or rme ufx or apogee quartet.
zen studio looks attractive since it has more preamp than other(more analog input) competitor's. are there any good sample of zen studio for recording acoustic instrument only? such as piano, violin, string quartet and etc... (classical and jazz recording maybe?)

thanks in advance
I cannot speak to the RME unit's sound but as a former Apogee Quartet owner I can say that the Zen Studio is a sonic step forward in every way. The Zen's preamps are smoother and seem to have more finesse and pleasing detail, and the overall conversion and *sound* of the Zen is quite a bit nicer than the Quartet. This sort of thing is hard to quantify but the Zen seems more true, natural, and organic whereas in comparison the Quartet seems more 2D and slightly digital. At least to my ears. It's not a knock against Apogee but rather kudos to Antelope on the overall sonic presentation of the Zen.
Old 25th May 2016
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauvehead View Post
I cannot speak to the RME unit's sound but as a former Apogee Quartet owner I can say that the Zen Studio is a sonic step forward in every way. The Zen's preamps are smoother and seem to have more finesse and pleasing detail, and the overall conversion and *sound* of the Zen is quite a bit nicer than the Quartet. This sort of thing is hard to quantify but the Zen seems more true, natural, and organic whereas in comparison the Quartet seems more 2D and slightly digital. At least to my ears. It's not a knock against Apogee but rather kudos to Antelope on the overall sonic presentation of the Zen.
Thanks! I was aiming for quartet but going to save more money for zen studio.

quartet seemed nice and would fit for my need but zen looks so attractive.
Old 27th May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimoyjk View Post

thanks in advance
Actually, we're going to post a video we shot last year soon of a string ensemble only with the Zen Studio at 192. I'll find out when that can go up and let you know.

You'll love the pre's on the Zen Studio. Frankly, all of our interfaces have exceptional preamps.
Old 27th May 2016
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clybourne View Post
Actually, we're going to post a video we shot last year soon of a string ensemble only with the Zen Studio at 192. I'll find out when that can go up and let you know.

You'll love the pre's on the Zen Studio. Frankly, all of our interfaces have exceptional preamps.
yes, i'd love to hear it! Thanks Marcel. looking forward to it
Old 20th June 2016
Here for the gear
Quote:

Marcel,

Can't wait to see that video!

I'm currently considering the ZEN as well, however I'm curious if is it still supported and able to use all of the new software updates i.e. DSP Plugs and analog modeling i've seen recently for the Orion Studio and Zen Tour?
Old 4th September 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth573 View Post
Marcel,

Can't wait to see that video!

I'm currently considering the ZEN as well, however I'm curious if is it still supported and able to use all of the new software updates i.e. DSP Plugs and analog modeling i've seen recently for the Orion Studio and Zen Tour?
No it's not, despite their marketing material saying the FPGA in the Zen and Orion are the same, the Zen Studio has essentially been EOL'd because they don't want to pay their third party coders to do any work on it. Marcel will probably issue a blanket, "anyone who speaks ill of Antelope is wrong" objection to those statements, but anyone with TextEdit and some time can see the two companies who made Antelopes drivers and control labels for them (Thesycon for PC, and Tsoniq, specifically an employee named Mark for their Mac USB and Thunderbolt implementation...funny, Thesycon doesn't offer Windows Thunderbolt support and neither does Antelope, but Lynx, who actually does make their drivers, does, funny how that works).

The only direct knowledge we have of the FPGA comes from Antelopes marketing, both units are advertised as having 8x faster FPGA's than comparable units, whatever the hell they actually mean by that, and nowhere have they ever publicly stated that there is any difference between the two. Don't ask the Antelope guys to explain it, in an earlier post Marcel blamed the FPGA for why they couldn't release a purely cosmetic update to the control panel, cause again, that's how these things work, clearly the geniuses at Antelope in this mysterious "software department" are wasting an FPGA rendering the GUI on your computer. Yup, makes total sense.

Meanwhile, three weeks after Marcel graciously sent me the email address I already had for him, I'm still screwed. I sent him the email as requested, didn't hear anything for over a week, when I asked him what was up he said he'd been on vacation and moving, and he'd respond shortly. That was 8/23. Nothing from anyone at Antelope since. And during that whole time, he was posting on here, mostly debating technical details he didn't understand.

So anyone, particularly anyone based in the states, who has had a negative Antelope Audio experience, shoot me a PM and let's talk.
Old 16th October 2016
Gear Addict
To Clybourne, has there been any new word on any more software updates for the Zen Studio in the near future?
Old 2nd November 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustream View Post
To Clybourne, has there been any new word on any more software updates for the Zen Studio in the near future?
There is an update coming soon to bring some new features to Zen Studio. We've been working to see what things we can bring to this platform over from our newer family of Thunderbolt interfaces.

We currently plan to release a new Control Panel and Firmware around the middle of this month.

Consider this a pre-announcement or "leak", if you will. :-)

Features planned for release these month include:

Network enabled panel for Mac/PC remote control from any computer on a network. (possibly an upcoming phone/pad app at a later date).

Panel resizing, splitting menus, saving the names in routing tables. These have proven very popular for workflow uses, for example you can split off the Effects tab and drag it to a 2nd Desktop.

4 Vintage EQ models - VEQ-1A, VEQ-55A, Helios 69, NEU-PEV with up to 16 EQ instances.

Thanks to our community of Zen Studio users. We hope you'll enjoy these new features and fx.

Here's a sneak look at the VEQ-55A in the AFX section.

Last edited by Clybourne; 2nd November 2016 at 04:45 PM..
Old 2nd November 2016
Gear Addict

Thank. You. Antelope.

Thanks for listening to our ongoing rants/gripes/pleas about making the Control Panel resizable (among other things). This definitely speaks loud and clear about Antelope listening to their customers. Thank you!

Also thanks for breaking the silence on the upcoming feature enhancements. That speaks volumes as well about being taken care of over the long haul. Makes it way easier to buy future Antelope products in the future as well...
Old 2nd November 2016
Gear Addict
Quote:
There is an update coming soon to bring some new features to Zen Studio. We've been working to see what things we can bring to this platform over from our newer family of Thunderbolt interfaces.

We currently plan to release a new Control Panel and Firmware around the middle of this month.

Network enabled panel for Mac/PC remote control from any computer on a network. (possibly an upcoming phone/pad app at a later date).

Panel resizing, splitting menus, saving the names in routing tables. These have proven very popular for workflow uses, for example you can split off the Effects tab and drag it to a 2nd Desktop.

4 Vintage EQ models - VEQ-1A, VEQ-55A, Helios 69, NEU-PEV with up to 16 EQ instances.

Thanks to our community of Zen Studio users. We hope you'll enjoy these new features and fx.

My man Clybourne.... Thanks soo much for this..... Yes....
Thank you/Antelope Audio for listening to us..... For the numerous complaints/gripes/begging and everything else..... This is much appreciated man...... I think you're gonna make me cry bro.....
Old 11th November 2016
Gear Maniac

Thank you!

This is real good news! Thank you for following through on this stuff for the people who believed in Antelope enough to invest in a rather new way of working. I've since sold my API and 500 series stuff and couldn't be happier with my audio quality.

Thanks Antelope!

Bill
Old 11th November 2016
Gear Addict
Quote:

Very excited for this...
Old 15th November 2016
Gear Addict
Im wondering how the Pultec on the zen studio is gonna compare to my UAD/Acustica Audio version?. Come on Marcel, bring them FPGA effects...
Old 15th November 2016
New Antelope Windows Driver

The new EQ update should be ready very soon, but in the meantime here's another announcement for Windows users.

We have just released a new updated Windows Driver, ver. 3.40. This driver offers the following.

• Improved stability for Pro Tools
• Improved driver signing for recent Windows 10.

Antelope has always remained committed to supporting as many platforms and DAW’s as possible and we strive to be the best interface market in the world for PC and MAC platforms. This new driver is the result of this ongoing commitment to excellence.

Marcel & The Antelope Team

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search