The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SM Pro Audio Announces uMiX, a Series of Wi-Fi Remote Controllable Digital Mixers Mixers (Digital)
Old 12th March 2014
Here for the gear

Hardware SM Pro Audio Announces uMiX, a Series of Wi-Fi Remote Controllable Digital Mixers

SM Pro Audio Announces uMiX, a Series of Wi-Fi Remote Controllable Digital Mixers

— uMiX is a range of fully-featured remote controllable digital mixers; rack-mountable or as a stage box, uMiX is a portable road-ready mixing solution —

— The uMiX family includes the uMiX mini (8ch), uMiX 12 (12ch), uMiX 16 (16ch) and uMiX 24 (24ch), offering a digital mixer for a wide range of applications —

MUSIKMESSE, FRANKFURT, GERMANY, March 12, 2014 — SM Pro Audio (Hall 5.1 Stand B86), a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of innovative, solution-oriented audio products, announces its uMiX family of Wi-Fi remote controllable digital mixers. The uMiX family includes the uMiX mini (8ch), uMiX 12 (12ch), uMiX 16 (16ch) and uMiX 24 (24ch). Delivering the benefits of digital mixing, uMiX models feature a pristine 56-bit double precision audio signal path with detailed Parametric EQ, Dynamics, and digital FX available on all channels. All uMiX models include an on-board secure Wi-Fi and Ethernet router and remote microphone preamps, providing a truly out-of-the-box remote mixing solution.

Built for both desktop and touch devices, uMiX brings remote access, multi-touch, key commands, and an intuitive GUI with the look and feel of a hardware mixer. All you need is a desktop PC, laptop, tablet or smart phone with a modern web browser (no apps or software downloads). Simply join the uMiX network and take control. uMiX’s extensive mixer functions include Sub Groups, View Groups, Mute Groups, Mute FX, Mute All, Permissions, Channel Safes and more. uMiX stands for “You Mix”. This means everyone in the band can control their own monitor mix. A copy main mix to Aux button makes setting up your personal mix a breeze.

uMiX hardware images: http://clynemedia.com/SMPro/uMix_MM14/uMiX_hardware.jpg

Users can capture every gig with built-in “One Touch” stereo recording to any USB stick/drive (excludes uMiX mini). Simultaneously play back digital media using the integrated digital media player -- perfect for remote controlled background music and/or backing tracks. No Docking required.

The uMiX16 and uMiX24 offer additional processing on the master outputs from Waves Audio, leaders in audio processing. Waves MaxxBass and MaxxVolume adds drive, punch and polish to your mix while protecting the PA. Pump up your lows and perform all essential dynamics processing with one convenient tool on your master outputs.

uMiX software images: http://clynemedia.com/SMPro/uMix_MM14/uMiX_software.jpg

uMiX series features:
  • Built in router (Wi-Fi and ethernet)
  • Remote microphone preamps
  • Wide device support
  • Scalable - Link 2 x uMiX24 units with one Cat 5 cable for a total of 48 inputs
  • Optional multi-track recording expansion card is available for the uMiX 16 and 24
  • One Touch stereo recording. No Dock required
  • Media Player for background music or backing tracks
  • Fully featured software interface
  • HDMI display output

Danny Olesh, SM Pro Audio CEO commented, "uMiX is a really exciting product, not just for SM Pro Audio, but for the industry. uMiX technology breaks new ground in relation to affordability especially considering the on-board remote preamps and built in Wi-Fi router. We are also very proud that the uMiX software works on a range of devices and operating systems maximizing user choice. No downloads, no apps. uMiX is fully remote controllable with all the benefits of digital mixing and delivers a range of large console features at small console prices.”

Projected European street pricing including 19% VAT:
uMiX Mini - €199.99
uMiX 12 - €399.99
uMiX 16 - €699.99
uMiX 24 - €999.99

Projected U.S. MAP pricing:
uMiX Mini - $249.00
uMiX 12 - $499.00
uMiX 16 - $699.00
uMiX 24 - $999.00

Expected availability in-store Q3, 2014.

For more information, please visit SM Pro Audo • uMiX •
Attached Thumbnails
SM Pro Audio Announces uMiX, a Series of Wi-Fi Remote Controllable Digital Mixers-umix_software.jpg   SM Pro Audio Announces uMiX, a Series of Wi-Fi Remote Controllable Digital Mixers-umix_hardware.jpg  

Last edited by Grahamdwc; 31st March 2014 at 01:21 PM..
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear

Now these uMix series looks really cool & well featured. I can see these attract lots of musicians/bands for live shows.

Seriously well thought @SMProAudio. Bravo
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear

Wow these look like they will fit a nice niche in the market. I'm looking for a mini digital mixer for gigs and the U-Mix 12 looks like it will be a good option and only €399.99. I was initially considering the Behringer X18 but it would be a little overkill as I already own an Allen & Heath QU-16 for my main gigs and am just looking for something very small and neat to acoustic jazz sets in fairly high class venues.
My only query about the U-Mix desk's is how many auxes outs do these have?
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
Now these uMix series looks really cool & well featured. I can see these attract lots of musicians/bands for live shows.

Seriously well thought @SMProAudio. Bravo
+1 this looks really great!
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
Wow these look like they will fit a nice niche in the market. I'm looking for a mini digital mixer for gigs and the U-Mix 12 looks like it will be a good option and only €399.99. I was initially considering the Behringer X18 but it would be a little overkill as I already own an Allen & Heath QU-16 for my main gigs and am just looking for something very small and neat to acoustic jazz sets in fairly high class venues.
My only query about the U-Mix desk's is how many auxes outs do these have?
Edit - I can see the auxes in the pics. U-Mix 12 only has 2 auxes but it is quite a bargain at $399. Obviously time will tell how the audio quality stacks up compared to the X18! Also, the X18 looks to have a lot more features and Behringer seem to be quickly updated and developing their digital desks by updating the firmware and adding new features!

Just found this video about them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sicZ2nH6ImQ
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear

Really need to see image of the hdmi and cat5 ports not currently shown.
Old 12th March 2014
Gear Nut

Very nice ! The uMix mini seems very compact and affordable for little conference or background music applications where we still need a compressor or 2 and a geq
Old 13th March 2014
yeh, this is good.
Old 15th March 2014
Lives for gear
Obviously it's all all about how it sounds, but wow, what great ideas.

- Can use as a stage box - Talk about having a clean stage. Tuck this behind the drummer and you've got a pretty sweet setup for corporate gigs and weddings where a clean stage is a priority.

- HTML5 seems brilliant, but also "duh". Like why haven't others done this. You can develop one piece of software for anything that can do HTML5. I own a Mackie DL1608 and it's been a nightmare of syncing problems, firmware update crashes, and connectivity issues. It's a lesson of why not to develop and force compatibility for multiple hardware and software platforms for mission critical applications.

- Remote preamps - Awesome. In a low cost mixer this a great feature. (Not sure if Behringer does this, but don't care. Not looking for a debate, I just won't use "B")

- Optional recording card - Very nice. I own a Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2 and love the recording, I just like most things about the DL1608 better (assuming it's not giving me fits that day). Being optional keeps the price down for those that have no interest.

BTW, the sample GUI on your website is very smart too! Overall a pretty elegant design and rollout.

I don't understand the HDMI output though. Does the mixer have an HTML5 browser built in an you can add a touch screen and mix directly?
Old 15th March 2014
Lives for gear

Behringer has remote preamps.

I'm interested to check out how the SM Pro uMix, QSC Touchmix and Behringer X18 compare!
Old 15th March 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
Behringer has remote preamps.

I'm interested to check out how the SM Pro uMix, QSC Touchmix and Behringer X18 compare!
OK thanks for the info. The Touchmix is interesting, but it would depend on the built in touch screen. The one on the Line6 Stagescape, for instance, is just plain awful.

Although I'm not sure I'd use it this way, the rugged and minimal design that allows it being able to deploy as a stagebox is really smart thinking. You really wouldn't want to do that with anything else I can think of. The price point seems too good to be true. I guess time will tell.
Old 15th March 2014
Lives for gear

The current version of the iMix appears to be missing a noise gate? I'm guessing this will be added in due course? Also, an extra band on the PEQ would be useful!
Old 18th March 2014
SM Pro Umix introduced

Mix on your own Phone, tablet or computer.... By the browser!!
Old 18th March 2014
Gear Addict

SMPro's track record leaves a lot to be desired. If their handling of the V-machine (promising idea, with underwhelming delivery and no meaningful followup) is any indication, these mixer units will be doorstops before you can say "IE 12".
Old 19th March 2014
very smart indeed
Old 30th March 2014
Here for the gear

Hot damn this looks great, very well designed front panel. What price for the multi track recording card?
Old 1st April 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by abzurd View Post
I don't understand the HDMI output though. Does the mixer have an HTML5 browser built in an you can add a touch screen and mix directly?
Yes, the uMiX has it's own internal browser for this purpose.

You can connect a HDMI display and drive the browser via a USB connected mouse/keyboard or a touch screen display via USB for data communication.

Best regards,
John SMP
Old 1st April 2014
Doesn't a touchscreen with HDMI communicate over HDMI without the need of USB. As version 1.4 has an ethernet connection!
Old 26th April 2014
Gear Addict

Danny from SM Pro just wrote me that they added a gate already 'and some other features' that will soon be implemented on the online version. Nice!
Old 5th May 2014
Here for the gear

Is there going to be an EQ, Dynamics, Gate and FX available on uMix 12 as well or these features are reserved only for uMix16 and uMix 24 ??
Old 12th May 2014
Here for the gear

It´d be great to have separate faders (L & R) for USB player... and being able to control panorama of both.

Let´s put that you prepare an USB pendrive with stereo baking tracks to play along with, on left side music and on right side click (for dummer, or auxiliary mix for musicians).

If you are able to push backing track´s fader up and keep it in the dead center (NOT on the left side), you could send this thru main output.

Then you keep click´s fader down, and just send thru a prefader auxiliar for monitoring musicians, but not from the main. Nos its not possible to send USB player thru any AUX, at least on the demo...

The USB player is a very cool feature, really. Mackie, Presonus, and others didn´t implement this cool feature on their products... but if we were able to just bring the uMix, pendrive and iPad, leaving macbook at home... it´d be a really all in one solution, for musicians that want to keep ther system as compact as possible, saving a couple of inputs on the mixer, at the same time.
Old 28th May 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by frecuencializer View Post
It´d be great to have separate faders (L & R) for USB player... and being able to control panorama of both.

Let´s put that you prepare an USB pendrive with stereo baking tracks to play along with, on left side music and on right side click (for dummer, or auxiliary mix for musicians).

If you are able to push backing track´s fader up and keep it in the dead center (NOT on the left side), you could send this thru main output.

Then you keep click´s fader down, and just send thru a prefader auxiliar for monitoring musicians, but not from the main. Nos its not possible to send USB player thru any AUX, at least on the demo...

The USB player is a very cool feature, really. Mackie, Presonus, and others didn´t implement this cool feature on their products... but if we were able to just bring the uMix, pendrive and iPad, leaving macbook at home... it´d be a really all in one solution, for musicians that want to keep ther system as compact as possible, saving a couple of inputs on the mixer, at the same time.
This is implemented in our current dev version

John
SM Pro Audio
Old 28th May 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinooo29 View Post
Is there going to be an EQ, Dynamics, Gate and FX available on uMix 12 as well or these features are reserved only for uMix16 and uMix 24 ??
Yes, they will be available on the uMix 12

John
SM Pro Audio
Old 28th May 2014
Here for the gear

This is awesome !!! When do you plan to ship umix8, umix12 and the bigger versions?
Old 29th May 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinooo29 View Post
This is awesome !!! When do you plan to ship umix8, umix12 and the bigger versions?
We are planning to begin shipping units Q3, 2014.

The uMix Mini (8) and the uMix 12 will be the first to ship, followed by the 16 and 24 there after.

John
SM Pro Audio
Old 1st June 2014
Here for the gear

This looks a little TOO good to be true. I'm defo gonna buy the mini to use for my solo/duo stuff. I just wonder what the quality of the preamps are gonna be like? Does anyone have any info on the quality of components used?
Old 6th June 2014
Here for the gear

uMix outputs

Another little question...

Does anyone know if the uMix series will sum output to left like some mixers do?

I have the Bose L1 compact and this combined with the uMix 8ch would be ideal for solo gigs etc!
Old 6th June 2014
The recording card.... When will that be available? Or can there be recorded on a usb stick on seperate channels. (8/12/16/24)
Old 6th June 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrismutch View Post
Another little question...

Does anyone know if the uMix series will sum output to left like some mixers do?

I have the Bose L1 compact and this combined with the uMix 8ch would be ideal for solo gigs etc!
Just turn all pan pots to the left side or leave them in center position and everything will be on the left (or both) main outs.
If you have another L1 compact or any other speaker you can serve it with the right main out, just turn the pan pots for those channels to the far right side.
Old 16th June 2014
Here for the gear

Just thinking, wouldn't it be nice if you could stream to the uMix from your tablet via Bluetooth or Airplay? Why hasn't anyone (Mackie, QSC) thought about this?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search