The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Messe 2014: SSL Announces Trio Of New Duende Native Plug-Ins
Old 9th May 2014
Here for the gear

Will buy some ];-)
Old 9th May 2014
M2E
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatz View Post
#48....my favorite. Really starts to "gel" when you use a lot of it.
Yeah, that always seems to warm things up and gets those drums nice and funky so funky, you can almost smell it.

Marc
Old 9th May 2014
M2E
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dappolito View Post
Nice list Marc

The new SSL plugins seem to be very good and also very light on CPU
Thanks, these are just a few of the plugins I have.

Hahaha...

Marc
Old 9th May 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strut78 View Post
The last post from Jim at SSL mentioned that they would be in the relevant accounts early next week. It looks like they have been taking the roll out in steps to make sure they can fix any problems along the way
"SSL is also offering all registered Codemeter Dongle owners a free X-ValveComp or X-Saturator plug-in. Unfortunately for technical reasons the mechanism by which eligible owners can access their free plug-in will not be available until 13th May 2014. From that date elgigable users should visit the 'My Coupons' page in their SSL user account and follow the on-screen instructions."

Old 9th May 2014
Lives for gear

Anybody compared x-saturator to Brainworx saturator?
Old 9th May 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by proteinshake View Post
"SSL is also offering all registered Codemeter Dongle owners a free X-ValveComp or X-Saturator plug-in. Unfortunately for technical reasons the mechanism by which eligible owners can access their free plug-in will not be available until 13th May 2014. From that date elgigable users should visit the 'My Coupons' page in their SSL user account and follow the on-screen instructions."

This is for the free plugins - not mentioned is the ILOK coupon.
Old 9th May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatz View Post
#48....my favorite. Really starts to "gel" when you use a lot of it.
Here the drums just stink with that. Totally unusable. It sometimes works on vocals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSilver View Post
Honestly, I wouldn't put to much value on others' thoughts but try them out myself on my material and tweak the crap out of them. More often than not, people swear by certain plugins which absolutely sound like simple gain shifters to me.
Old 9th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiyn Zahav View Post
In the meantime:

Give you some idea maybe.
Nice video Sam !!!

I really dig the saturator ....
Old 9th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAW PLUS View Post
Here the drums just stink with that. Totally unusable. It sometimes works on vocals.
and here I thought that's what comes out of a vocalist mouth.
Old 9th May 2014
Can anyone explain the license transfer process for v4 duende plugins? Ie from one user to another... Can't find anything on the SSL support site..
Old 9th May 2014
Gear Head

Transferred all mine and its a subtle thing but too my ears they sound miles better on ilok2 than codemeter dongle. Also if you crank the make up gain up on the Valve comp it makes it louder
Old 9th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawforp View Post
Transferred all mine and its a subtle thing but too my ears they sound miles better on ilok2 than codemeter dongle. Also if you crank the make up gain up on the Valve comp it makes it louder
That's what audio sound like when your ears aren't hindered by an accompanying headache.

I just uninstalled codemeter yesterday and then threw a party. Everyone was there.
Old 9th May 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
That's what audio sound like when your ears aren't hindered by an accompanying headache.

I just uninstalled codemeter yesterday and then threw a party. Everyone was there.
Lol - bet you had to crank that make up gain right up
Old 9th May 2014
Lives for gear

I took codemeter out back...let's just say I was the only one who returned
Old 9th May 2014
Thank you SSL. Finally I can use my plugins. It was a lot of fun playing paper toss with my Codemeter dongle. Nailed it in the bin on the first try.
Old 10th May 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRW View Post
Hey anyone else having issues?

I've got a license in my ilok account - activated it. Installed the new plug (channel strip) and the ilok/pace activation splash screen is coming up when the host trys to scan the plugin... SSL ask me to activate either with a code or logging in to my ilok account (no other company or plugin on my ilok asks me to try this when my host boots (unless my ilok is NOT PLUGGED IN)... why are SSL always that little bit "different"? lol)...

anyway I have no auth code, I have a valid license on my ilok, logging in to my ilok client shows this... the splash screen via the host can login, but sees no valid licenses to activate... well, that because its activated no? If I try to deactivate (in the client manager) so I can reactivate via this little splash screen as my host is loading... the ilok client now says the license has errors...

so basically WTF!... again.

Anyone else having this? I'll contact SSL tech support tomorrow but wanted to say this here first.

Stoked its ilok and AAX is coming, love the channel strip, but why is it not as simple as every other ilok plugin I own!?

-T
I just did the migration to iLok and had the issue, but only for plugs that I haven't bought as yet - i.e. X-Phase etc. Installing the 5.0.6 Duende Native will install all plugins, regardless, and any you don't have an avtivation for on your iLok will prompt EVERY time on startup - bloody annoying.

It's an easy workaround though (at least on Windows):-
Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 and move any SSL .vst3 plugins that you haven't bought/activated yet - I just moved them to the SSL folder under program files in case I buy them.

After doing this I've had no more prompts to activate plugins.

I did get some 'Runtime System not Installed' for some old SSL vst 2 plugins that were in my system that were tied to Code Meter though (that POS is uninstalled praise the powers!) - I've removed them and all is well.
Old 10th May 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSilver View Post
Yes, it creates very different overtones, you can fine tune x-saturator nicer imho and it uses less CPU.
Old 10th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gollumsluvslave View Post
I just did the migration to iLok and had the issue, but only for plugs that I haven't bought as yet - i.e. X-Phase etc. Installing the 5.0.6 Duende Native will install all plugins, regardless, and any you don't have an avtivation for on your iLok will prompt EVERY time on startup - bloody annoying.

It's an easy workaround though (at least on Windows):-
Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 and move any SSL .vst3 plugins that you haven't bought/activated yet - I just moved them to the SSL folder under program files in case I buy them.

After doing this I've had no more prompts to activate plugins.

I did get some 'Runtime System not Installed' for some old SSL vst 2 plugins that were in my system that were tied to Code Meter though (that POS is uninstalled praise the powers!) - I've removed them and all is well.
I'm on a Mac and had none of the issues mentioned. The installer did have all of the duende plugins included but the small drop down triangle next to the plug in type (Each category split into RTAS, VST, AU etc) opened a menu to let you select the individual plugins to install. All are selected by default, so de-selecting the ones not needed, only installed the ones I have. Not sure if the PC installer is different, but definitely easy to only install what's needed on a Mac.
Old 10th May 2014
"wrong thread!"
Old 10th May 2014
Lives for gear

A question for Jim:

The free plugin voucher, is it by any chance a voucher of 59€ that could be used to get a discount on other plugins?

I have been demoing the new plugins and made the mistake of demoing x-comp again, and would really like to get this instead of ten offered plugins.
Old 10th May 2014
Lives for gear

A question for Jim:

The free plugin voucher, is it by any chance a voucher of 59€ that could be used to get a discount on other plugins?

I have been demoing the new plugins and made the mistake of demoing x-comp again, and would really like to get this instead of ten offered plugins.
Old 10th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuno_F View Post
A question for Jim:

The free plugin voucher, is it by any chance a voucher of 59€ that could be used to get a discount on other plugins? ...
Don't think so. Its just about those two new plugins ...

But don't hit me if I'm wrong

G
Old 10th May 2014
Lives for gear

to try those , do we loose again ilok space or is it a time limted without ilok demo ?
Old 10th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
Don't think so. Its just about those two new plugins ...

But don't hit me if I'm wrong

G
I suspect so as well, but just to make sure. The valve comp is nice, but it overlaps with a lot of stuff I have, while x-comp does things no other plug I have can even approach.
Old 11th May 2014
M2E
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
to try those , do we loose again ilok space or is it a time limted without ilok demo ?
You need iLok space. They put demo codes on ur ilok.
I demoed the X-Phase but passed.

Got the X-Saturator and X-ValveComp. They are great!

Marc
Old 11th May 2014
M2E
Lives for gear

By the way, ilok 2 only
Old 11th May 2014
X-Saturator is superb. I like it a lot better than the usual Decap/Klanghelm/Saturn trio I've been using for a while now.
Old 11th May 2014
Lives for gear

It's certainly more subtle than Decap, which is one of our favorites. Of course one is called Saturator and the other is Decapitator, so they're probably earning their titles.

I now think of Saturator when we literally want to saturate the sound a bit. With Decap, we're usually going for a more pronounced effect. Of course you can also do that with Saturator, and I've liked the result so far. "Quality" is the word that keeps entering my head.
Old 11th May 2014
Lives for gear

"Saturate" "a bit?"

Yeah, I know.

Who bent this term to audio, anyway?

Maybe it migrated from color saturation.

Anyway, there are infinite non-linear distortions... and a very high amount short of that which are distinguishable from one another: static, dynamic, threshold-based, analog-modeled, etc.

As of Tues. or so, we should finally have all the Duende plug-ins here.

My partner opted for X-Phase from the beta test, though I'd have gone with another copy of X-Verb... assuming we can get the valvecomp and saturator for our two SSL CM sticks, that is.

We have all the sountoys native, too... so it'll be nice to compare X-Saturator with Decapitator in a long-term setting.

X-Sat does seem like digital VHD, though I wonder why they didn't refer to it that way.

Just rambling... carry on.
Old 11th May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Nice video Sam !!!

I really dig the saturator ....

Thank you Jeezo. We need a nice comparison and summary of the different sat/distortion plugins out there.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search