The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Messe 2014: SSL Announces Trio Of New Duende Native Plug-Ins
Old 13th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
I applyed for the beta ....but not have been chosen .... Elambo any words on the new additions ?
I've been concentrating on the updates of the plugins which I'm more familiar with (X-EQ and X-Comp) though I've played with the new ones as well. To this point I'm impressed.
Old 13th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend View Post
Interesting reading about the hatred for Codemeter. It's the first I've heard of Codemeter being problematic. I've had more issues with ilok. The advantage of Codemeter over ilok is that Codemeter dongle protection has never been cracked.
No kidding??? I can't even begin to keep track of the number of threads which I've read about Codemeter.

The importance of security isn't lost on me, but not when it comes at the expense of my time. I've lost no less than a solid 24 hours on Codemeter, trying to get it to behave as it should. Not always related exclusively to SSL -- sometimes related to other software which uses similar frameworks, interfering with Duende, or vice versa. It's a broken platform and, now, thankfully, even SSL knows it.
Old 13th April 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend View Post
Interesting reading about the hatred for Codemeter. It's the first I've heard of Codemeter being problematic. I've had more issues with ilok. The advantage of Codemeter over ilok is that Codemeter dongle protection has never been cracked.
I'm only slightly kidding when I say yours might be one of the only positive Codemeter comments I've ever read heh

(my experience caused me to give up on my nearly complete duende system long ago)
Old 13th April 2014
Here for the gear

Have to save some monies for these new plugs.

They look great!
Old 13th April 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
I've been concentrating on the updates of the plugins which I'm more familiar with (X-EQ and X-Comp) though I've played with the new ones as well. To this point I'm impressed.
elambo, since you're beta testing v5, could you comment on the needle ballistics on the Bus Comp meter? It's always been a great plugin, but the needle animation has always been jerky... has this improved at all in v5?
Old 13th April 2014
Lives for gear

Good question. I haven't noticed any issue with the meter which probably suggests that it's not an issue. Though I must admit that I didn't experience an issue with the last version (4.x), either because it didn't exist in my case or because I'd simply grown to ignore it. I'll take a closer look and let you know.
Old 13th April 2014
Solid State Logic

Bus Comp ballistics update also part of the V5 update IIRC
Old 13th April 2014
Lives for gear
Jim, is there any kind of improvements / new features to the existing plugins ?
Old 13th April 2014
Gear Addict

Thanks elambo, thanks Jim -

I have the full hardware X-Logic Bus Comp these days, but the plugin version still finds a lot of use on the drum bus or similar. Very excited about getting hold of X-Saturator also.
Old 14th April 2014
just spent some time with the beta V5s. The new plugins are truly amazing!
Ilok license transfer was smooth, and X-Saturator is really a great tool.
X-Valve is a winner. I reserve myself to save time and go for a deeper check with X-phase (there's a critical mastering file I want to save).
Very happy about this move.
Old 14th April 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmatibet View Post
just spent some time with the beta V5s. The new plugins are truly amazing!
Ilok license transfer was smooth, and X-Saturator is really a great tool.
X-Comp is a winner. I reserve myself to save time and go for a deeper check with X-phase (there's a critical mastering file I want to save).
Very happy about this move.
Do you mean the X-Valve comp?

Can you give any kind of comparison in quality to any other plugins you have?
Old 14th April 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiyn Zahav View Post
Do you mean the X-Valve comp?

Can you give any kind of comparison in quality to any other plugins you have?
Yes sorry I mean X-Valve.
Cannot compare to any other valve comp plugin, because I don't own any of this kind. All I can say it has a very distinctive character, not a vintage one, and I was truly blown away by its quality and ease of use. Real fun!
Old 14th April 2014
Lives for gear

Highly interested by X-Saturator here...

Any comments ?
Old 18th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Bus Comp ballistics update also part of the V5 update IIRC
I looked tonight and can confirm that the ballistics are now very smooth.
Old 18th April 2014
M2E
Lives for gear

Looks like everything is a go.
What are we waiting on?
Let's go Jim, push the timeline up please!

Thanks,

Marc
Old 18th April 2014
Gear Maniac

Messe 2014: SSL Announces Trio Of New Duende Native Plug-Ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post
Looks like everything is a go.
What are we waiting on?
Let's go Jim, push the timeline up please!

Thanks,

Marc

I second that.
Old 18th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
coming from you , it makes me really want to try those .....thks for the feedback
Old 18th April 2014
Lives for gear

i remeber some mouse scroll issues on buscomp and win 7 32 ...any feedback on this ?
Old 19th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barilla View Post
elambo, since you're beta testing v5, could you comment on the needle ballistics on the Bus Comp meter? It's always been a great plugin, but the needle animation has always been jerky... has this improved at all in v5?

Also beta testing V5. Still, Buss Comp with the jerky('strobey') needle...

EDIT: Now, before anyone asks, I'm using the VST version in PT11(on a Mac Pro, since our sigs only show up every now and again, anymore) with Metaplugin providing the shell...
Old 19th April 2014
Lives for gear

RTAS in PT 10 - needle is smooth.
Old 19th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
RTAS in PT 10 - needle is smooth.
Wow. Just realizing THAT'S what the 32 bit installer was for.

Downloading now. Will report my findings...
Old 19th April 2014
Lives for gear

Ok. So, loaded BC in PT 10. While I wouldn't say it's 'smooth', it is better. And, better/different than it is currently in the 64 bit version...
Old 19th April 2014
Lives for gear

It's pretty smooth here. Not exactly like its analog counterpart, but by no means a concern for my workflow.
Old 19th April 2014
Lives for gear

@ Jim

Could you guyz seriously consider providing for the channel strip , 2 new addition to be able to have the EQ and Dynamics separated ..... like on those old DSP base system ...
Old 19th April 2014
Lives for gear

@ Jim

Could you guyz seriously consider providing for the channel strip , 2 new addition to be able to have the EQ and Dynamics separated ..... like on those old DSP base system ...
Old 19th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
It's pretty smooth here. Not exactly like its analog counterpart, but by no means a concern for my workflow.
Right. I mean, when I think of "smooth" ballistics, ANY of the Waves meters come to mind. HLS, just to give an example. But, no, not a workflow interruption...
Old 24th April 2014
X-Phase caught my attention! Some beta testers who have gotten the hang of it, curious!

Kind Regards
H.Hansson
Old 24th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumrec.com View Post
X-Phase caught my attention! Some beta testers who have gotten the hang of it, curious!

Kind Regards
H.Hansson
I second that
Old 24th April 2014
FWIW I've noticed some different needle behavior in other plugs too - sometimes VST works better, sometimes RTAS worked better.

Waves CLA-76 RTAS has a better animation than VST, for example.
Old 25th April 2014
Gear Addict

Not long until May now... hopefully on track... all ok at Mission Control, Jim?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search