The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Messe 2014: SSL Announces Trio Of New Duende Native Plug-Ins
Old 21st March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
I really hope we will get 2 licences of each and a local HDD option ...SSL please !! we waited a lot , you should make us a last gift !!
Notice that Damien's licenses that you posted the list of are ilok2-only.

VBC is also, so maybe two licenses could happen, but not dongle-less (computer auth.).
Old 22nd March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by antithesist View Post
Notice that Damien's licenses that you posted the list of are ilok2-only.

VBC is also, so maybe two licenses could happen, but not dongle-less (computer auth.).
you're right that's why i'm lobbying ...and waiting for you guyz to do so !! lol
Old 22nd March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
you're right that's why i'm lobbying ...and waiting for you guyz to do so !! lol
Right on.

I'll a my vote for all of the above.
Old 22nd March 2014
Lives for gear

Awesome news. I wonder if they will have the "route audio around plug-in" so that Cubase can turn them on/off from the mixer like every other VST plugin that I have. Kinda annoying to do a/b checking from the mixer.
Old 31st March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
I read SSL's website info as people that purchased a codemeter dongle from SSL can buy an ilok2 for 50% off, and get a free valvecomp or saturation plug-in.

The license transition itself is free of charge the way I read it.

SSL announce trio of new Duende Native plug-in developments | Solid State Logic

"About iLok migration
To coincide with the release of the new plug-ins the entire Duende plug-in collection will be migrated away from SSL’s existing ‘Codemeter’ by WIBU Systems based copy protection system to the more widely used iLok system. The move is aimed to streamline the purchase process and improve overall user experience. Existing Duende Native and Legacy DSP hardware owners (who have not already cross-graded to Duende Native) will be offered a free cross grade to iLok. Owners of Codemeter hardware dongles will be offered a 50% discount on iLok purchase from SSL’s online store and a free X-Saturator or X-ValveComp plug-in. SSL’s Codemeter based online license centre will cease to function in January 2015 so all users are strongly encouraged to migrate to iLok by December 2014. SSL’s iLok support is scheduled to become live by 1st May 2014."
I hope there is some compensation for those of us that suffered (and I mean suffered) through the CodeMeter debacle. I spent endless hours (no days) of misery trying to get that stupid thing to work. Finally caved and spent 50€ (which I considered a penalty) to get the plugs to function. CodeMeter was the biggest sales-prevention tool I've ever seen.

As for the sound-impeccable. The SSL Channel has become my default EQ for a very pesky acoustic guitar that just won't sit in the mix well. The 2-Bus - clean gain control without the color. I've been wanting to look at X-Verb, but demoing these plugs was such nightmare, I never bothered. Hope they take care of us existing clients.

Cdlt

Last edited by Melgueil; 31st March 2014 at 08:13 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 4th April 2014
Lives for gear

Wow this is great news! Ilok2 is great.
Old 4th April 2014
M2E
Lives for gear

Quote:
I really hope we will get 2 licences of each and a local HDD option ...SSL please !! we waited a lot , you should make us a last gift !!
I agree 100%. Slate does well with this and I hope SSL picks up this as a go too.
I currently use 2 OS on the same Mac.

1. For my Pro Tools 8.1.1/Logic 9
2. For my Pro Tools 10/11 & Logic Pro X

Let's see when and how they will implement this. Of course I use iLok and iLok 2 on the same machine with no issues.
Code meter was and is a nightmare!

Thanks,

Marc
Old 4th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post
I agree 100%. Slate does well with this and I hope SSL picks up this as a go too.
I currently use 2 OS on the same Mac.

1. For my Pro Tools 8.1.1/Logic 9
2. For my Pro Tools 10/11 & Logic Pro X

Let's see when and how they will implement this. Of course I use iLok and iLok 2 on the same machine with no issues.
Code meter was and is a nightmare!

Thanks,

Marc
Yep a student just got the bundle yesturady and he striggled to install it , a chance the support was super reactif ..(it was a java thing ect ..) ....i love those plugin , it's on my top 5 must buy for students but i'm always scared to tell them to jump on !! lol

Really hope SSL will take the oportunity to be super great from start with 2 licences and as well local Auth (HDD) option ...!! (yep i say it again ...i do it BBC style ...mental brain washing lol)
Old 4th April 2014
M2E
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yep a student just got the bundle yesturady and he striggled to install it , a chance the support was super reactif ..(it was a java thing ect ..) ....i love those plugin , it's on my top 5 must buy for students but i'm always scared to tell them to jump on !! lol

Really hope SSL will take the oportunity to be super great from start with 2 licences and as well local Auth (HDD) option ...!! (yep i say it again ...i do it BBC style ...mental brain washing lol)
Yeah, I just re-downloaded the demos of the ones I do t have and I had to wait a day before using them.
I guess they have to authorize them manually.
Anyway, when do so, I noticed that I really like their X-EQ.
Really smooth and precise. Nice job.
Hopefully they will doing another one of their sales for all of their plugin and I may have to pick that up too as well.

Let's see how they treat existing customers.

I wish they would do ilok already though.

Thanks,

Marc
Old 4th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melgueil View Post
I hope there is some compensation for those of us that suffered (and I mean suffered) through the CodeMeter debacle. I spent endless hours (no days) of misery trying to get that stupid thing to work. Finally caved and spent 50€ (which I considered a penalty) to get the plugs to function. CodeMeter was the biggest sales-prevention tool I've ever seen.

As for the sound-impeccable. The SSL Channel has become my default EQ for a very pesky acoustic guitar that just won't sit in the mix well. The 2-Bus - clean gain control without the color. I've been wanting to look at X-Verb, but demoing these plugs was such nightmare, I never bothered. Hope they take care of us existing clients.

Cdlt
This! By the way, I haven't found a more beautiful reverb, when codemeter works
Old 9th April 2014
Lives for gear

Does anyone know how the Duende V5 is coming along, is release far away?
Old 9th April 2014
Beta testing by now
Old 9th April 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmatibet View Post
Beta testing by now
sound good?
Old 9th April 2014
M2E
Lives for gear

I wish they would just release it for iLok already.

That's what most people are really waiting on.
If it works for ilok then were good.

The other stuff we can wait for....

Marc
Old 9th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmatibet View Post
Beta testing by now
Started on April 3... I wasn't selected this time, but my partner was.

He says it's "so far, so good" with license migration, old plug-ins and new... maybe on-track for a May 1 release?
Old 10th April 2014
Quote:
Started on April 3... I wasn't selected this time, but my partner was.
Did you get an email? They said they would tell everyone if they were selected or not. Never got mine...
Old 10th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo_c View Post
Did you get an email? They said they would tell everyone if they were selected or not. Never got mine...

Nothing here either,
but I guess the losers get to know last ...

G
Old 11th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo_c View Post
No, I just assumed I wasn't selected because I know someone that was.

In the past, I think they had more than one round.

But, I wouldn't think there'd be time for that this time.

My partner also said they go on to other beta testers with problems brought up in this round, so who knows? (Jim... that's who)

Anyway, they'll be out soon enough and I'm thrilled, especially about the X-Verb.

We'll be buying at least one of each of the new ones, too... just cuz.
Old 11th April 2014
Solid State Logic

I don't think we said we'd email everyone who applied but was not successful. This would be a very large list!

Beta test is currently going well and at the moment we seem to be on track for the stated release. But as with all things like this, if more work is needed before release then that's what we'll do - public beta is there to catch the last bits and pieces we may have missed and to ensure test on all systems/OSes/DAWs etc
Old 11th April 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I don't think we said we'd email everyone who applied but was not successful. This would be a very large list!
Well....you actually did say you would tell everyone, and here's proof:

No big deal, but facts are facts.

Attached Thumbnails
Messe 2014: SSL Announces Trio Of New Duende Native Plug-Ins-ssl.png  
Old 11th April 2014
Gear Addict

duende is alive
Old 11th April 2014
M2E
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Beta test is currently going well and at the moment we seem to be on track for the stated release. But as with all things like this, if more work is needed before release then that's what we'll do - public beta is there to catch the last bits and pieces we may have missed and to ensure test on all systems/OSes/DAWs etc
Hey Jim,

Will the existing customers have to wait til the new plugins are ready or will you release the iLok versions sooner?

Thanks,

Marc
Old 11th April 2014
M2E
Lives for gear

Also, I hope you guys have a tester for Pro Tools 8 as well and not just X and/or 11.

Thanks...

Marc
Old 12th April 2014
Lives for gear

8!?

I thought I was bad at 9... well, on my old system, anyway... 10/11 otherwise.
Old 12th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcom View Post
Does anyone know how the Duende V5 is coming along, is release far away?
It's been flawless for us. I even feel lazy, having no bugs to report, but that's a good thing, right?

Forgoing Codemeter has been a breath of fresh air. It's tough to stomach the hours of my life lost to that bastard system, and the hairs I've pulled from my head when it wouldn't function. And with this move to iLok I now have ZERO plugins requiring Codemeter.

This copy protection migration and their new plugins make me a very happy camper. Bravo SSL! Nothing else sounds like my staple eq and compressor, the X-series.
Old 12th April 2014
Gear Addict

elambo - I seem to remember you were there, using Duende back in the day (2006), as I was. I can't believe we're still using it in 2014, but absolutely happy that we are. DSP moves so fast, but Duende still sounds better (to my ears) than anything else out there. SSL did it right the first time and they're still supporting it.

My iLok is ready. Come on SSL, let's have it early! ;-)
Old 12th April 2014
Lives for gear

I applyed for the beta ....but not have been chosen .... Elambo any words on the new additions ?
Old 13th April 2014
Lives for gear
Interesting reading about the hatred for Codemeter. It's the first I've heard of Codemeter being problematic. I've had more issues with ilok. The advantage of Codemeter over ilok is that Codemeter dongle protection has never been cracked.
Old 13th April 2014
For all those who are beta testing: How are the x-valvecomp working? How does it sound?
Old 13th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barilla View Post
elambo - I seem to remember you were there, using Duende back in the day (2006), as I was. I can't believe we're still using it in 2014, but absolutely happy that we are. DSP moves so fast, but Duende still sounds better (to my ears) than anything else out there. SSL did it right the first time and they're still supporting it.

My iLok is ready. Come on SSL, let's have it early! ;-)
True, I jumped on-board early and stayed through the tough times because, in the end, it's still one of the best tools for the trade and all I really care about is the final product. I'm not nuts about the fact that it took them 8 years to finally find the right method for delivering these tools but I know that they're (SSL) not entirely happy with the past 8 years either. Codemeter sold itself as a solid platform -- it simply wasn't, and the SSL tech support hotline will be as thankful for this change as any of us. Probably more so as they'll now get more time with their families.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search