The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Messe 2014: SSL Announces Trio Of New Duende Native Plug-Ins
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear
Ahh! About time - CodeMeter gave me fits on my 2nd / backup DAW machine because it doubled as a developer machine and had visual studio on it.

Of course, I already have an iLok2 so I guess the buying the codemeter dongle is just a loss for me but hey, i'll be glad to consolidate on my iLok.

Jim or anyone at SSL, how quickly can we migrate licences from CodeMeter to iLok? Can't see anything on the official site just yet...
Old 12th March 2014
Solid State Logic

Just grabbed a few minutes after the show to check in. Look out for an email from SSL announcing our public beta phase in the coming days as we're looking for people to help us in the final phase of validation.

Cross-grade to iLok from existing plug-ins will be a "one click" affair from your SSL user account.

AAX work will start as soon as we've released the new plug-ins and iLok copy protection, so we plan to have it ready to go some time in Q3.
Old 12th March 2014
Solid State Logic

X-Phase is a really good tool for those that understand that phase is not just about time-aligning signals but also about different frequencies inside a signal being in phase with each other. Nothing else does everything that this can do in a single plug-in.

Shame to see people knocking something they've not used yet, but hey that's life here on GS :-)
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Shame to see people knocking something they've not used yet, but hey that's life here on GS :-)
Fair point Jim.

Quote:
Cross-grade to iLok from existing plug-ins will be a "one click" affair from your SSL user account.
Does that include existing Duende Native users with a CodeMeter dongle?
Old 12th March 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Just grabbed a few minutes after the show to check in. Look out for an email from SSL announcing our public beta phase in the coming days as we're looking for people to help us in the final phase of validation.

AAX work will start as soon as we've released the new plug-ins and iLok copy protection, so we plan to have it ready to go some time in Q3.

Nice Jim!!
Old 12th March 2014
Gear Addict

These are seriously underrated plugins.
Old 12th March 2014
How the price of older plugins? Will it stay the same?
Old 13th March 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
X-Phase is a really good tool for those that understand that phase is not just about time-aligning signals but also about different frequencies inside a signal being in phase with each other. Nothing else does everything that this can do in a single plug-in.

I'm ignorant of this kind of tool, but it honestly look like Waves InPhase to me with less cluttered UI unless I completely missed the point of it Will there be particular example by release?

Can't wait to try my hands on the new comp though!
Old 13th March 2014
Lives for gear

Jim, is the X-Saturator based on the VHD module? The product's description is cryptic, but it sounds a lot like the VHD to me..

Anyway.. It's a shame that i will be never able to try it! I hate ilok and physical dongles in general ! A Cloud based authorization a la waves would have been better IMO. Also, the fact that SSL is "forcing" customers to use ilok sucks.. But it reminds me why I still buy HW. Sounds better and once you bought it, you actually own it.
Old 13th March 2014
Gear Head

This news makes me very happy
Old 14th March 2014
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
this what i just saw on FB

First news : ILOK 2

Second news : new plugins :

X Valve Comp
X Saturator
X Phase

Now i'm officially happy !!!!

how do you do to register your plugins ??? i like too please
Old 14th March 2014
Hope Valve Comp is based on Thermionic The Phoenix Compressor
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by husak View Post
how do you do to register your plugins ??? i like too please
this is not my account ...it's a shot of one SSL guy

i think we will have to enter our ilok account name in the website (in your product page on ssl website) and then proceed .....if i read between the line of Jim's post ....
not yet availlable but soon ....
Old 14th March 2014
Gear Addict

The prices are really competitive (except X-Phase). I wonder if the older plugins will be reduced in price as well.

Nice to see that the plugins will be protected by ILOK2. I don't like companies who don't give a **** about copy protection and their customers who payed for the software licenses.
Old 15th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gollumsluvslave View Post
Does that include existing Duende Native users with a CodeMeter dongle?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softska View Post
I'm ignorant of this kind of tool, but it honestly look like Waves InPhase to me with less cluttered UI unless I completely missed the point of it Will there be particular example by release?
It's different, and it has a different workflow. X-Phase allows you to select a frequency range and audibly fit the overheads or DI (for example) with the main recorded signal. I don't think you can mess with phase more than this tool allows. The price is justified IMO since it is one of those few tools that does allow a fix-it-in-the-mix if the recording setup hasn't been ideal.
Old 17th March 2014
Lives for gear

Cracking stuff
Old 18th March 2014
Lives for gear

codemaster protection wouldn't even allow me to demo the plugins after jumping through hoops i just gave up, now their on ilok I'm prepared to put my hand in my pocket.
Old 18th March 2014
Here for the gear

sounds interesting. might give it a try...
Old 18th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post

I have read that you migrate to Ilok 2 , I suggested a few weeks ago also.

I have the old Hardware Rack Duende Classic in my Studio-now worthless with 64 Bit Apple Mavericks and Logic Pro X.

I migrated a time ago to Native Version for free and now if I migrate to iLok 2 I have to pay 50% of the new price, but I have the licences !!!!

Think about of a Trade In of the Code Meter Stick - for example :

I will pay for the ilok first with paypal, than I have to send the Code Meter to SSL back in 30 days and get back the money on my Paypal account !!

You have done nothing new with the new ilok Version, only the the copy protection is another one - so wy have I to pay for the same agein twice ????

Thanks a lot SSL

What are you talking about dude ? are you mad cause they listened to us ?
Old 19th March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
What are you talking about dude ? are you mad cause they listened to us ?
According to him, existing customers have to pay for the transition to ILOK 2. 50% of the price.

Is that true ? I'm not interested in SSL plugins anymore if that is true.
Old 19th March 2014
Lives for gear

I read SSL's website info as people that purchased a codemeter dongle from SSL can buy an ilok2 for 50% off, and get a free valvecomp or saturation plug-in.

The license transition itself is free of charge the way I read it.

SSL announce trio of new Duende Native plug-in developments | Solid State Logic

"About iLok migration
To coincide with the release of the new plug-ins the entire Duende plug-in collection will be migrated away from SSL’s existing ‘Codemeter’ by WIBU Systems based copy protection system to the more widely used iLok system. The move is aimed to streamline the purchase process and improve overall user experience. Existing Duende Native and Legacy DSP hardware owners (who have not already cross-graded to Duende Native) will be offered a free cross grade to iLok. Owners of Codemeter hardware dongles will be offered a 50% discount on iLok purchase from SSL’s online store and a free X-Saturator or X-ValveComp plug-in. SSL’s Codemeter based online license centre will cease to function in January 2015 so all users are strongly encouraged to migrate to iLok by December 2014. SSL’s iLok support is scheduled to become live by 1st May 2014."
Old 19th March 2014
Lives for gear

nope ..according to Jim post ..nothing in this style ...maybe he's talking about the price of the Ilok witch is fo real not an issue giving the quality on those plugins ! also maybe they will allow the local drive install of licence

By the way i really hope they will give us 2 licences of each this way to handle 2 systems without hving to unpluggilok that often (like slate is doing and others)
Old 19th March 2014
Lives for gear

Geez.
Old 19th March 2014
Solid State Logic

There is no charge to the end user to cross-grade to iLok.
Old 20th March 2014
Lives for gear

I can't wait to transfer from Codemeter to iLok. When I had to clone my studio computer's hard drive to move to a bigger drive, Codemeter got messed up in the process. SSL suggested I buy a Codemeter dongle because after they helped me out to fix it on my new drive I didn't have any more "activations" left. Kind of a scary thought that you could "lose" software that you bought.
Old 20th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodeath View Post
I can't wait to transfer from Codemeter to iLok. When I had to clone my studio computer's hard drive to move to a bigger drive, Codemeter got messed up in the process. SSL suggested I buy a Codemeter dongle because after they helped me out to fix it on my new drive I didn't have any more "activations" left. Kind of a scary thought that you could "lose" software that you bought.
Yeah, Codemeter was a train wreck. It's a terrible soft-auth solution. SSL are righting a serious wrong here - all will be well now I hope!
Old 21st March 2014
Lives for gear

I really hope we will get 2 licences of each and a local HDD option ...SSL please !! we waited a lot , you should make us a last gift !!
Old 21st March 2014
2 licenses? Never have heard of any company giving 2 iLok licenses.
Old 21st March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAW PLUS View Post
2 licenses? Never have heard of any company giving 2 iLok licenses.
Eventide and Slate come to my mind.
Old 21st March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyposonic View Post
Eventide and Slate come to my mind.
Yes, but I believe Slate is only for VBC, and Eventide is for Omnipressor and Stereo Room.

Those are the ones I'm directly aware of, anyway.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search