The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Messe 2014: SSL Announces Trio Of New Duende Native Plug-Ins
Old 25th May 2014
Lives for gear

X-Valvecomp is a great plugin so brought it at got a LOT of use on a recent mix. It also introduced me to the Duende range and have to say I love the Drumbus.

Can anyone from SSL offer any insight to the future pricing with this. I do love it but not vary competitive on price for a single plugin .
Old 27th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
Precisely, which can just be a subtle effect at the track level. A little goes a long way. I've watched a lot of folks crank saturation on each track in order to hear the effect very clearly, then the whole mix gets cloudy and muffled. Like w/ guitar distortion, sometimes less actually sounds like more in the track.
The key here ...

just went today for the X sat , without demo ...

Nice saturation , nice crontrol other it ...i would have loved an auto gain , it would have made it perfect ...

It can be subtile and so easy to kill things (if you want or not also lol) but the dry wet is exellent in this case , i start by going mad on it to really pareeciate the shape and depth settings (really love the depth setting by the way ) , i must confess that i really didn't really heard the 2nd 3rd hharmonic changes (but it was on drums , i will check on pianos and strings on that track

Still those exellent and well thinked GUI ...

CPU hit : Duende legacy level , understand here : LOW !!!

So at the end it's staying on my rig

Good job SSL and consider autogain !

By the way , yep it can do tape SAT , but not exctly the curve (in time) to be able to put it on a master like i can with VTM for exemple ....
To answer my own question : not like Inflator either
Old 27th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
The key here ...

just went today for the X sat , without demo ...

Nice saturation , nice crontrol other it ...i would have loved an auto gain , it would have made it perfect ...

It can be subtile and so easy to kill things (if you want or not also lol) but the dry wet is exellent in this case , i start by going mad on it to really pareeciate the shape and depth settings (really love the depth setting by the way ) , i must confess that i really didn't really heard the 2nd 3rd hharmonic changes (but it was on drums , i will check on pianos and strings on that track

Still those exellent and well thinked GUI ...

CPU hit : Duende legacy level , understand here : LOW !!!

So at the end it's staying on my rig

Good job SSL and consider autogain !
Agreed, we need something of an autogain, Having trouble matching levels.
Old 27th May 2014
Lives for gear

well i was even thinking about an option to match gain by Pick or RMS (about the autogain) , sometime we need one or another ....
Old 29th May 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
xcomp seems like one of the best itb compressors.
damn it is! truly amazing...and so the rest of the Duende line.
I can skip UADs and start saving for real hw now!
Old 31st May 2014
Lives for gear

Demoing these right now. I like the channel strip for sure. I'm going to hold off on buying it till the new Slate stuff comes out since I already have so many other channel strips. The buss comp is probably the only one I wasn't impressed with. Just seems to fall apart really fast in comparison to The Glue, Slate VBC and my Serpent 4001. The one I'm most likely to buy right now is the X Saturate though.
Old 4th June 2014
Lives for gear

Any news on AAX versions?
Old 1st July 2014
Lives for gear

News from one of betatesters:

"Testing of the AAX beta is already underway and it's working pretty well so far. I've come across a couple of small but easily repaired tweaks, otherwise all good."
Old 1st September 2014
Lives for gear

Still waiting...
Old 5th September 2014
Lives for gear

Yes, may we have an update on AAX progress?

Any Duende AAX beta testers out there?

Jim?

Thanks!
Old 23rd October 2014
Thursday bump for this thread! I'm demoing them and wow! I just need AAX 64 bits now! Future SSL bus comp, X-Valve Comp, vocalstrip and x-verb owner hahahaha.
Old 23rd October 2014
Lives for gear

Ready to buy when AAX64 drops for Mac.

Bring it!
Old 14th June 2016
Lives for gear

X-Saturator is currently on sale for 49 bucks, and buying it entitles you to get X-Verb for 89 bucks.Really tempting for me, even though I'd need to get an iLok2. Are you guts still digging thebplugin after a couple of years?
Old 14th June 2016
X-Verb is a great plugin, in fact is designed and coded by Relab (LX 480 plugin now distributed by Slate Digital).
Old 14th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by heraldo_jones View Post
X-Verb is a great plugin, in fact is designed and coded by Relab (LX 480 plugin now distributed by Slate Digital).
Thank you! I was asking more about X-Saturator and the experience in the long run. I'll give X-Verb a demo though, even if I already have several reverb plugins (but not too many...yet)
Old 31st July 2017
TNM
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dappolito View Post
The prices are really competitive (except X-Phase). I wonder if the older plugins will be reduced in price as well.

Nice to see that the plugins will be protected by ILOK2. I don't like companies who don't give a **** about copy protection and their customers who payed for the software licenses.
I was looking for an AAX phase plugin, as voxengo PHA-979 is not aax (yet).

My jaw dropped. $329 for an all pass filter. I don't even know how to react.

Perspective: you can get perpetual never expiring licenses for every voxengo plugin in existence (and most of them ARE already AAX, and 99% are on mac and VST/AU), including his excellent phase correction tool. I think i will be using PHA-979 in patchworx thank you very much. I'll save $329.

However i'll use my $50 uad coupon and get the IBP.. why not.. have a frequency phase shifting alternative and will cost me all of $49.

Duende prices have remained dormant for ages now.. They are so overpriced.

Funnily enough.. the x saturator which is the absolutely most stupendously fantabulous "push it hard" saturator plugin of all time (IMHO, really), IS sensibly priced..

Am i missing something? What can x-phase do *sound* wise that PHA-979 and IBP can't?
Old 31st July 2017
TNM
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
X-Phase is a really good tool for those that understand that phase is not just about time-aligning signals but also about different frequencies inside a signal being in phase with each other. Nothing else does everything that this can do in a single plug-in.

Shame to see people knocking something they've not used yet, but hey that's life here on GS :-)
PHA 979 does time AND frequency with a wonderful detailed multiple frequency phase meter as well. It's 60 bucks right now, 32/64 vst/au, mac/pc with aax on the way.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search