The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sonimus Britson Console coming soon Saturation Plugins
Old 16th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo_c View Post
I don't get it - you say the product is fine but the support "not so much"?
not sure why, i explained it very clearly in my previous post

although i like the product and use it quite often, i once made a single very simple request to the staff (i wanted to change the name that shows up all the time on the satson gui) to which i was told: "We can not take out the user name from GUI, for solving your problem we should make some change on our database client, it´s not a simple process." (as if it was that hard to change a field on a database from some name to another...)

keep in mind that satisfaction with a product does not have to be exactly the same as with its tech support... in this case as the product worked fine i just forgot about my disappointment with the support team until i was reminded again of how they work
Old 16th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonnus View Post
i knew that jeezo, you made it very clear
i am sorry if at any point it seemed i was directing any sort of criticism to you (or any other users), that was never my intention
no at all i didn't took it like that , just thought my english wasn't that good ! and clear
Old 16th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonnus View Post
not sure why, i explained it very clearly in my previous post

although i like the product and use it quite often, i once made a single very simple request to the staff (i wanted to change the name that shows up all the time on the satson gui) to which i was told: "We can not take out the user name from GUI, for solving your problem we should make some change on our database client, it´s not a simple process." (as if it was that hard to change a field on a database from some name to another...)

keep in mind that satisfaction with a product does not have to be exactly the same as with its tech support... in this case as the product worked fine i just forgot about my disappointment with the support team until i was reminded again of how they work
Now I see - I was thinking that perhaps they didn't answer a ticket or failed to resolve something more important like plugin stability. I had that same "problem" with jBridge. Boring and annoying, yes, but a big problem? Not really, but I understand your frustation.
Old 17th March 2014
Quote:
Boring and annoying, yes, but a big problem? Not really, but I understand your frustation.
oh yes, definitely nothing that has prevented me in way from using the damn thing on every single channel + master bus on every track i made since buying it!

do i regret purchasing it? no!!!! not a single bit!!! one of my best plugin purchases so far (hence the curiosity with the new precious
Old 17th March 2014
Lives for gear

Pretty sure it's the 18th somewhere in the world right now.
Old 17th March 2014
Lives for gear
No big deal, but I did really like the plain jane black faceplate design for such a simple non obtrusive plugin: Satson is a small footprint , non distracting plugin interface.

I would've enjoyed the exact same GUI but a little dial to change the circuits!

Again, small talk, can't wait to add this option, it is a no brainer. No need to discuss anything about it.
Old 17th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke View Post
No big deal, but I did really like the plain jane black faceplate design for such a simple non obtrusive plugin: Satson is a small footprint , non distracting plugin interface.

I would've enjoyed the exact same GUI but a little dial to change the circuits!

Again, small talk, can't wait to add this option, it is a no brainer. No need to discuss anything about it.
Yep an update to satson ....this way super easy to compare both algos !! like on all other console emu plugins (VCC /NLS ect ....)
Old 17th March 2014
I also requested the same thing - unify Brit/Sat under a single plugin....so let's get more people on board and perhaps it will happen.
Old 17th March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
I also requested the same thing - unify Brit/Sat under a single plugin....so let's get more people on board and perhaps it will happen.
+1 !
Old 17th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by djanthonyw View Post
Hey, that's right... why not launch it now! Too bad I have to travel starting tomorrow, I wont be able to pull the trigger until the weekend...
Old 17th March 2014
The only think I miss on Satson is there is no global bypass so you can A/B with/without... a global bypass would be great, but if not no big deal... Also, I like the fader on the Britson better than the knob on Satson, but that's just a personal preference, makes no difference to the sound of course.
Old 17th March 2014
Quote:

Yes please
Old 17th March 2014
Lives for gear
For Satson, I actually prefer that the knob is circular and in a bi-polar orientation rather than a fader.

To me that makes more sense than a fader because I find it easier to see when I am nominal. Zero is center detent. With faders being usually non-linear, you have less throw for boost above zero, of course depending on how it's set... but keeping things simple, I like the simple non-weighed design. I look at Satson, if it's centered then I do not have staging. No brain activity involved.
Old 17th March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
If it go unified it would be twice the cost and people would complain about not having the option to only get the one they want .
We are getting lazy nowadays . I would vote for a phase button first .
Old 17th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasserSpitzer View Post
If it go unified it would be twice the cost and people would complain about not having the option to only get the one they want .
Love the idea for a phase button + 10000. But would also like to see a cross between the two, i'm sure there is a way to set it up if you own both.
Old 17th March 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett_Brown View Post
The only think I miss on Satson is there is no global bypass so you can A/B with/without... a global bypass would be great, but if not no big deal... Also, I like the fader on the Britson better than the knob on Satson, but that's just a personal preference, makes no difference to the sound of course.
DAWs that allow you to link plugin parameters will help you with that situation. I use Pro Tools HD so its its a simple few clicks to set it up. I know you can do the same easily in Cubase/Nuendo, latest versions and Logic. Not sure about others.
Old 18th March 2014
Gear Addict

It's now 2 minutes past midnight here in Sweden. Where's my Britson!? ;-)
Old 18th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djanthonyw View Post
Not only is it the 18th here, it is almost 9.30am
Old 18th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke View Post
For Satson, I actually prefer that the knob is circular and in a bi-polar orientation rather than a fader.

To me that makes more sense than a fader because I find it easier to see when I am nominal. Zero is center detent. With faders being usually non-linear, you have less throw for boost above zero, of course depending on how it's set... but keeping things simple, I like the simple non-weighed design. I look at Satson, if it's centered then I do not have staging.
I agree with all this.
The Satson knob works really well for me.
Quick glance...
Left turn, I've reduced gain...right turn I've boosted.
Old 18th March 2014
Gear Addict

Guys ! Do you really think someone in south America will think of EU time when setting the date , come on ! Why would they do that , think about it for a second .
Old 18th March 2014
Quote:
+1 on the phase button.

One good way to unify Brit/Sat would be something where the owners of both can get the "Unified Son" for 10 bucks and the owners of single Satson or Britson would get it for 20 or 30 bucks. Newcomers pay the Brit+Sat retail price so old users don't feel cheated!

Quote:
Guys ! Do you really think someone in south America will think of EU time when setting the date , come on ! Why would they do that , think about it for a second .
heh
Old 18th March 2014
I thought sonimus were spanish?
Old 18th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
I thought sonimus were spanish?
No, Diego is from Argentina.

By the way.... IT'S OUT....

... one says when it actually is.... :D
Old 18th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
By the way.... IT'S OUT....

... one says when it actually is.... :D
LOL, you nearly had me
But quick check of Sonimus web site confirms it is not out yet
Old 18th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
LOL, you nearly had me
But quick check of Sonimus web site confirms it is not out yet
Yea... He made me check too! *laughing*
Old 18th March 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
By the way.... IT'S OUT.... :D
Oh, you are a cruel one I've been lusting after this thing for months. I'm thinking it'll fill a nice hole between Satson and using stuff like StripBus or SDRR to get more radical coloration.

PLEASE LAUNCH, OH GODS OF DSP!
Old 18th March 2014
Gear Nut

11:50 here, seriously desperate.
Old 18th March 2014
Lives for gear

Ive put of mixing in hopes Britson would be out by now. I guess i'll be waiting till tomorrow.
Old 18th March 2014
Gear Nut

Nada.
Old 18th March 2014
M2E
Lives for gear

You guys didn't know that the world revolves around American time? Shame on you.
We rule the world.

Carry on...

Marc
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search