The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sonimus Britson Console coming soon Saturation Plugins
Old 15th March 2014
is the 12db switch gone for good?
i have to say i did find it quite useful for an alternative "colour"
Old 15th March 2014
Gear Nut

3/15/2014
I feel that the time does not advance.
Old 15th March 2014
Gear Addict

Yeah, I've put all my mixes on hold, waiting for Britson
Old 15th March 2014
Gear Addict

Oh God, I love new toys!!
Old 15th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonnus View Post
is the 12db switch gone for good?
i have to say i did find it quite useful for an alternative "colour"
Good question, I don't use 12db often but it certainly can come in handy.
Old 15th March 2014
Tui
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorey View Post
Hi Folks,

For Sonimus team the real value for user is to put all of our time, energy and resources in the benefits of the products. This is why we can´t offer you a demo this time.

Preparing a demo means to delay the time to market and use more resources, so this could reflect in a more expensive product.
You do realise that for some people, the lack of a demo also means there's going to be no purchase.

BTW, I own Satson.
Old 15th March 2014
By "12db" you guys mean the filter slope? If so then yes, not present this time.
Old 15th March 2014
Lives for gear

No demo needed here. I'm ready to buy this sucker the *moment* it comes out.
Old 15th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo_c View Post
By "12db" you guys mean the filter slope? If so then yes, not present this time.
yes, exactly,
the satson switch labeled "12 dB / oct",
sorry for not taking the effort to open the plugin ui and confirm the full label

thanks for your reply diego!
Old 15th March 2014
regarding the demo topic:
i do think there should be a demo version,
it really does not matter if the plugin is cheap or expensive
(expensive to whom? someone based in europe, usa, india or china? not really a good argument imho)

as far as i am concerned and as a 100% loyal satson user on all my tracks i admit i am curious about britson,
but would only consider buying / switching to it after trying it out, aka, using a demo version
otherwise i will just keep using satson and soon forget it has some eurobrother
Old 15th March 2014
Gear Addict

I allways buy stuff like this , no need for demo here .
I think the GUI looks a bit unfinished . I like eye candy aswell as ear candy .
Old 15th March 2014
Lives for gear

Sonimus should consider making a video on Britson, that way people can listen to it and have a better idea before buying it. Other companies already make them.

It´s not the same as a demo, but it would help.

What do you think?
Old 15th March 2014
Lives for gear
In, curious about this one
Old 15th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
Sonimus should consider making a video on Britson, that way people can listen to it and have a better idea before buying it. Other companies already make them.

It´s not the same as a demo, but it would help.

What do you think?
I think it's a great idea.

Where's Jeezo with his cool video-making skills?
Old 15th March 2014
Just one or two reasonably well done audio demos with the original dry file to compare would be fine for me
Old 15th March 2014
Gear Nut

Like others, my experience with products Sonimus is more than enough to confidently purchase this Britson, but I agree with the idea of a well-crafted demo audio with different audio sources, not only Analog Synths and Drum Machines as do some other companies.
Old 16th March 2014
as far as i am concerned, no demo audio will tell me how this tool may work with my own specific material
the point is not about trust for the developer, but to know if the tool suits my needs
if it does i will buy it right away, if it doesn't i won't
i am sure i am not alone on this as i don't this this is asking too much

ps: its fine that sone people don't need a demo,
that just means you don't care if there is one or not but please keep in mind there might be some who do

Last edited by Nonnus; 16th March 2014 at 02:58 AM.. Reason: ...
Old 16th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:

ps: its fine that sone people don't need a demo,
that just means you don't care if there is one or not but please keep in mind there might be some who do
I think many of us you say we don't need a demo are speaking up because we prefer that the developer spends his time on new plugins and support rather than coding demos or raising his prices to hire someone to do it.
Old 16th March 2014
I thought we were going to try and get off the demo debate?
Old 16th March 2014
RTR
Lives for gear

Will there ever be AAX64? I'm on PT 11 and love your plugins but I can use them anymore.
Old 16th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo_c View Post
I think it's a great idea.

Where's Jeezo with his cool video-making skills?
got ya guyz .....if they send me the final candidate ...i can anticipate the release and make one video on it ... this way you will have it the second i'm alowed to post it ...

I alos use Satson in every Mixing course for my students to understand the importance of gain staging .....

By the way , i really like the gui , layout and proportions ...
Old 16th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparqee View Post
I think many of us you say we don't need a demo are speaking up because we prefer that the developer spends his time on new plugins and support rather than coding demos or raising his prices to hire someone to do it.
this is terrible excuse, they are trying to make some sort of a "black art" to implement such a simple thing like a demo version like most other developers (also the cheap ones) provide

suggestion: just make a version that cuts sound every X seconds and provides no bult in upgrade path and be done with it... how long and effort can it take?
if this is indeed that hard and complex for the developers to implement i fear to think about the ramifications of some serious software problem that might arise (due to some os update for example)
i am sorry to say but this just transpires a sense of developer laziness, as matter of fact i just remembered that satson has hardly ever seen an update since it was released and after asking tech support for the displayed name on the plugin (i bought and paid for) to be changed (not sure who decided it would be a good idea to have the plugin owner name displayed all the time on every single plugin instance) i was told it was too hard for them to do it, now i understand why...

disclaimer: i am also a long time software developer so i do have a slight clue about what i am talking about

ps: i plan for this to be my last post about the demo topic, i know this was discussed before in this thread and assumed to be done with (mostly by those that don't care about it) so i don't want to beat a dead horse (although i don't think it is dead at all and if it is it shouldn't be)

pps: all i can say is that without some sort of demo they have one less sale, i know it will probably matter very little for the developer but this has to be stated publicly if we can ever expect this sort of behaviour to improve
Old 16th March 2014
Tui
Gear Guru

Quote:
suggestion: just make a version that cuts sound every X seconds and provides no bult in upgrade path and be done with it
Old 16th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
this is terrible excuse, they are trying to make some sort of a "black art" to implement such a simple thing like a demo version like most other developers (also the cheap ones) provide

suggestion: just make a version that cuts sound every X seconds and provides no bult in upgrade path and be done with it... how long and effort can it take?
if this is indeed that hard and complex for the developers to implement i fear to think about the ramifications of some serious software problem that might arise (due to some os update for example)
i am sorry to say but this just transpires a sense of developer laziness, as matter of fact i just remembered that satson has hardly ever seen an update since it was released and after asking tech support for the displayed name on the plugin (i bought and paid for) to be changed (not sure who decided it would be a good idea to have the plugin owner name displayed all the time on every single plugin instance) i was told it was too hard for them to do it, now i understand why...

disclaimer: i am also a long time software developer so i do have a slight clue about what i am talking about

ps: i plan for this to be my last post about the demo topic, i know this was discussed before in this thread and assumed to be done with (mostly by those that don't care about it) so i don't want to beat a dead horse (although i don't think it is dead at all and if it is it shouldn't be)

pps: all i can say is that without some sort of demo they have one less sale, i know it will probably matter very little for the developer but this has to be stated publicly if we can ever expect this sort of behaviour to improve
I don't think it's lazyness but more a bizness plan ....cheap plugin ..reminds iApps ....so cheap that you buy those and don't feel bad even if it suck s or doesn't work as advertised (witch is of course not the case here )

When you buy some , there's always a small period of doubt (even if you got that woah effect .....) , this is deadly in a trial period for sales .... after the woah effects or some ....this can conduct to a non purchase .....

So it seems that for this Dev the actual system is working well ...so he don't feel the need to change it .....witch i understand ....(even if i don't validate this take)
Old 16th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
I don't think it's lazyness but more a bizness plan ....cheap plugin ..reminds iApps ....so cheap that you buy those and don't feel bad even if it suck s or doesn't work as advertised (witch is of course not the case here )
i have worked on the app store ecosystem since it was created in 2008, even over there the need for a trial period is quite big with quite a significant number of apps using in app purchase to support this kind of experience, if it was not for apple resistance i can assure you it would be a much more widespread practice even on 0.99 apps

i also have my past experience with this specific developer as a paying customer to support my perception, my experience with their product (satson) has been fine, with the developer and their support not so much...
(its funny, i did not rememberer that interaction when i started participating in this thread, it just came to my mind afterwards)
their position and arguments regarding this demo topic just fits perfectly into the same kind of mentality i experienced with my request back then

it is hard enough to deal with the big companies and how little they care for their users and their requests, let alone have the same experience from smaller independent developers!
Old 16th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
i have worked on the app store ecosystem since it was created in 2008, even over there the need for a trial period is quite big with quite a significant number of apps using in app purchase to support this kind of experience, if it was not for apple resistance i can assure you it would be a much more widespread practice even on 0.99 apps

i also have my past experience with this specific developer as a paying customer to support my perception, my experience with their product (satson) has been fine, with the developer and their support not so much...
(its funny, i did not rememberer that interaction when i started participating in this thread, it just came to my mind afterwards)
their position and arguments regarding this demo topic just fits perfectly into the same kind of mentality i experienced with my request back then

it is hard enough to deal with the big companies and how little they care for their users and their requests, let alone have the same experience from smaller independent developers!
I'm totally agree dude ...and in person by saying "i understand" doesn't mean "i support" ....

I do think stuff like Soundtoyz or NI are a new effciant way of dealing ....releasing a limited version (to get the vibe) free and then a fully feautred one ...
Old 16th March 2014
Quote:
I'm totally agree dude ...and in person by saying "i understand" doesn't mean "i support" ....

I do think stuff like Soundtoyz or NI are a new effciant way of dealing ....releasing a limited version (to get the vibe) free and then a fully feautred one ...
i knew that jeezo, you made it very clear
i am sorry if at any point it seemed i was directing any sort of criticism to you (or any other users), that was never my intention
Old 16th March 2014
Quote:
I don't get it - you say the product is fine but the support "not so much"?

Quote:

+1. I totally love Soundtoys current business model with the free mini-me then a well-priced upgrade for the full blown version.

I think everything about this demo/business model subject has already been said, and fair points were raised and some people just have their stands which are totally legitimate...so let's get back on subject. I'll offer you this: a basic round trip with Britson. You send me a mix and I'll run through it.

Bear in mind some points:

1 - Be sensible with the material you're sending me and with the results I'll provide you. Keep your expectations reasonable. This is just a basic round trip where I'll import your files, drive Britson on the channels/2bus and maybe create some groups or filter some stuff when I judge that to be appropriate.

2 - I might take longer with some mixes than with others depending on the number of files, length of material, my general availability, the amount of stuff you guys send and other things. I might also pay more attention to some mixes more than other based on my personal music taste. FWIW, I love metal, rock, jazz and some genres of electronic music. Remember that I'm doing this on my spare time to support a developer which I'd like to succeed and also to discuss with you guys, keeping the GS spirit alive.

3 - Don't try to rush me. I'll post results when I can. Anyone crossing that line will be solemnly ignored.

Fair enough, right?

Cheers
Old 16th March 2014
Lives for gear
Don't need a demo. You can trust Sonimus. They have never released a bad product.
Old 16th March 2014
Even if there was a demo, I'd still buy this without demo-ing
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search