The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sonimus Britson Console coming soon Saturation Plugins
Old 14th March 2014
ok guys end this, there is no demo, yes would be better but there isnt deal with it, lifes hard, move on... now how are you going to use this plugin, all over , when needed ,same as satson?
I love satson for the filters but honestly its a little too subtle for me, so looking forward to britson
Old 14th March 2014
I'll echo Mercado Negro: Britson doesn't have the low frequency bump that's present in Waves Nevo and (to a lesser extent) on Slave's BritN.
Old 14th March 2014
Dgr
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronsmith View Post
ok guys end this, there is no demo, yes would be better but there isnt deal with it, lifes hard, move on... now how are you going to use this plugin, all over , when needed ,same as satson?
I love satson for the filters but honestly its a little too subtle for me, so looking forward to britson
Hey Aaron is this so even after changing the settings in the Satson Channel to aggressive? Ie clicking on the text on the Channel GUI and toggling the switches? And for that matter switching on the Crosstalk on the Satson Buss? am just curious if you feel the way you do re subtlety even after doing everything to try to bring the color.
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes, pretty much the same workflow. With Britson you can go above and beyond because it has a very distinct color so you can push it harder and get a stronger effect depending on what you're trying to get. Like Satson, Britson comes with two different plug-ins: Buss and Channel. The Buss Channel has now two different "presets" (though they're more like two different "tweaked states"), called "Master Loudness" and "Master Bright" which give you two other types of sound.
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkor View Post
any infos about OSX.5 compatibility ?

thx
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Old 14th March 2014
Quote:
now how are you going to use this plugin, all over , when needed ,same as satson?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgr View Post
Hey Aaron is this so even after changing the settings in the Satson Channel to aggressive? Ie clicking on the text on the Channel GUI and toggling the switches? And for that matter switching on the Crosstalk on the Satson Buss? am just curious if you feel the way you do re subtlety even after doing everything to try to bring the color.
If you want it just for color, use output compensation: this way you crank them up, get the distortion and still keep your levels under control.
Old 14th March 2014
Exciting! I love the look of the Britson VU meters. I am a happy Satson user. I have Satson as well as NLS, and I demoed VCC but didn't buy it, since I felt like NLS and Satson have me covered. I like NLS as more of a saturation effect. Satson is my go to for console emulation because it's very transparent. It adds some subtle mojo without fogging things up. Having said that, If the Britson is capable of more color than Satson, I'm all for it.
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Honestly I did not hear much either...... mixed into it, tried it on different groups, gave it to eat and a home but - ............nada. At least for me. Maybe I'm tone deaf. heh

But this one with the image of a real vintage console looks sweet - seems to be enough to start the jouney. I already picture the sound from the 'glorious' past.
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djanthonyw View Post
For the record. This isn't the final GUI.
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj.metissage View Post
For the record. This isn't the final GUI.
Indeed. The final UI is this:

Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

What is x2 on channel? Oversampling or...?
Old 14th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI View Post
What is x2 on channel? Oversampling or...?
x2 doubles the fader range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by color View Post
Honestly I did not hear much either...... mixed into it, tried it on different groups, gave it to eat and a home but - ............nada. At least for me. Maybe I'm tone deaf. heh

But this one with the image of a real vintage console looks sweet - seems to be enough to start the jouney. I already picture the sound from the 'glorious' past.
Did you push it until the VU went above 0db? You gotta really push it and make the meters almost peg if you want to make it more obvious.
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
Indeed. The final UI is this:

I think they made some minor fixes for 1.0 release, like the black borders around the VU meter for instance.

Yup, I was on the beta boat too .

That said, it sounds fabolous. Makes me feel confident mixing through it.
Old 14th March 2014
Gear Nut

According to the website: Release Date: March 18
Price: $39
Old 14th March 2014
Quote:
I think they made some minor fixes for 1.0 release, like the black borders around the VU meter for instance.

Fabulous is good. Can you give us some detail about what you like about it? (I'm so impatient...)
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Well, it gels everything together is a way that's not like "hey listen I'm there" and you'll end up saying "get the **** outta here".

But more like "hum, this is subtle, but sounds just right", and when you remove it you're like "come one babe, came back home".

Sorry for the crappy analogy, friday night, end of the weak, the working dead .
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo_c View Post
x2 doubles the fader range.

Did you push it until the VU went above 0db? You gotta really push it and make the meters almost peg if you want to make it more obvious.
Hui, nope, I did not push the faders into the red zone.

That's been the trick? Wicked.
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:

Really? Didn't know that, Diego told me it was final. Well, if it looks better then cool
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Really? Didn't know that, Diego told me it was final. Well, if it looks better then cool
Ah, sorry maybe that's just me imagining things with the 3D render on their page.

I guess...
Old 14th March 2014
looking forward to hearing sound examples of this VS slate vcc neve...
Old 14th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equiv_Exchange View Post
It would be kinda pointless, I guess. They're VERY different.
Old 14th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by color View Post
Hui, nope, I did not push the faders into the red zone.

That's been the trick? Wicked.
Do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equiv_Exchange View Post
Quote:
It would be kinda pointless, I guess. They're VERY different.
Yeah, I agree with Mercado on this one. Kind of pointless since Slate alters the frequency response a lot more than Britson.

BTW guys...got confirmation from Sonimus and there's no demo this time. Unless they reconsider it, of course. Please don't get mad at Sonimus - building a demo takes time and they're a small operation. The price tag is more than friendly and you're supporting very honest developers. It's totally OK to be disappointed but please keep it civil for the thread's sake.

Cheers

Old 14th March 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
BTW guys...got confirmation from Sonimus and there's no demo this time. Unless they reconsider it, of course. Please don't get mad at Sonimus - building a demo takes time and they're a small operation. The price tag is more than friendly and you're supporting very honest developers. It's totally OK to be disappointed but please keep it civil for the thread's sake.

Cheers

Second you on this...for what Sonimus charges for their products - the least we can do is take a punt. And their previous products are so well received that they have a good pedigree and reputation - I think on the whole - we're in safe hands. And wow...already mentioned elsewhere - but what was it? Product announcement... then a few weeks later - release announced for the following week...no messing about! hahah
Old 14th March 2014
Gear Nut

Hi Folks,

For Sonimus team the real value for user is to put all of our time, energy and resources in the benefits of the products. This is why we can´t offer you a demo this time.

Preparing a demo means to delay the time to market and use more resources, so this could reflect in a more expensive product.

As we said, we are a small but dedicated group of people who are very enthusiastic about music and high-quality audio.

We look forward with excitement to our launch of Sonimus Britson, which has spent a lot in development

Thanks a lot for your comprehension.

Boris
Old 15th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Do it!

Yeah, I agree with Mercado on this one. Kind of pointless since Slate alters the frequency response a lot more than Britson.

Cheers

Haha, get mad? no worries man Not the end of the world, stinks a bit but what can you do? Any way it is going to be a big hit, no doubt in mind. Thanks for checking in on that
Old 15th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by TranscendingM View Post
Haha, get mad? no worries man Not the end of the world, stinks a bit but what can you do? Any way it is going to be a big hit, no doubt in mind. Thanks for checking in on that
It's Gearslutz, so we're all allowed to get a little mad here every once in a while!
Old 15th March 2014
Gear Addict

Totally looking forward to this!

Although just a tad disappointed by the GUI - was hoping for something a bit more vintage console style: the knobs to the right could use a makeover and look more like from the original console (like the red gain knobs on the console), same for the VU meters. And the surface could look a little more worn -- but I am very positive it will sound great, so maybe take these as suggestions to pretty up a fine product!
Old 15th March 2014
Lives for gear
The GUI is beautiful, IMO. Love it.
Old 15th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Logan View Post
The GUI is beautiful, IMO. Love it.
I like the 3d model color much better, as well as Satson. But as long as it sounds awesome i'm happy.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search