The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sonimus Britson Console coming soon Saturation Plugins
Old 14th October 2014
  #871
Just got this:

Hi Diogo, yes we had a lot of troubles during the weekend caused by power supplier in the country.
Now it is solved. This week we will introduce several changes in order to create redundancy and full tolerance for the future.
BR
Boris


Website is back!

PS: seems like the spanish web infrastructure is not holding on as it should, because its not the first time they're hit by such issues.
Old 31st May 2015
  #872
Gear Head
 
Little Mike's Avatar
if i want to use britson for gain staging and as a saturation effect, do i need two instances of the plug in on everychannel and bus or could it be done with one that does both at the same time?
Old 31st May 2015
  #873
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mike View Post
if i want to use britson for gain staging and as a saturation effect, do i need two instances of the plug in on everychannel and bus or could it be done with one that does both at the same time?
One instance of Britson Channel as first plugin on every channel + 1 instance of Britson Bus as first plugin on every bus and master bus. That should be enough.
Old 1st June 2015
  #874
Lives for gear
 
Faderjockey's Avatar
 

Not sure you followed his question.. I would say yes two. Back when I was getting clients sending really hot tracks.
I would use an instance of Satson for gain control and filter with color switched off.. Then use VCC for color.. That's pretty much what you asked I believe.
Old 1st June 2015
  #875
Gear Head
 
Little Mike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalawag View Post
One instance of Britson Channel as first plugin on every channel + 1 instance of Britson Bus as first plugin on every bus and master bus. That should be enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faderjockey View Post
Not sure you followed his question.. I would say yes two. Back when I was getting clients sending really hot tracks.
I would use an instance of Satson for gain control and filter with color switched off.. Then use VCC for color.. That's pretty much what you asked I believe.
i bought the plugin a few days ago. the manual says:
But we recommend first using Britson in the manner outlined in the “As a Gain Staging Tool” section. Once you have achieved optimal gain staging following this method, you may choose to add another Britson instance for use as a “creative effect”.

so, i thought two instances (channel+bus) if you want to use the saturation effect. but i have also read that britson already adds saturation (just subtle not aggressive right?) even if it`s used as first plugin in the chain for gain staging. which i like btw but am i correct here?
Old 1st June 2015
  #876
Lives for gear
 
Faderjockey's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mike View Post
i bought the plugin a few days ago. the manual says:
But we recommend first using Britson in the manner outlined in the “As a Gain Staging Tool” section. Once you have achieved optimal gain staging following this method, you may choose to add another Britson instance for use as a “creative effect”.

so, i thought two instances (channel+bus) if you want to use the saturation effect. but i have also read that britson already adds saturation (just subtle not aggressive right?) even if it`s used as first plugin in the chain for gain staging. which i like btw but am i correct here?
Well just like their Satson I mentioned if you turn the switch off then it's just controlling volume and filters with no color. So the second instance could be be used on for color.
But using 2 both with switch on may be fine.. It's your ears.. Use them it's a subtle colori think.
Old 1st June 2015
  #877
Gear Head
 
Little Mike's Avatar
ok, thank you.

no, that is not what i want. i want control over gain and color seperatly. i was wondering if the plugin can do this at the same time but it can`t. thanks.
Old 1st June 2015
  #878
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mike View Post
ok, thank you.

no, that is not what i want. i want control over gain and color seperatly. i was wondering if the plugin can do this at the same time but it can`t. thanks.
Sounds like you need to check out the "output compensation" control on the back panel. This effectively turns the fader into a "drive" control.

Old 1st June 2015
  #879
Gear Head
 
Little Mike's Avatar
thank you. i know that. but; let`s say i just finished gain staging with britson and now enable output compansation. when i move the fader - which now controls the saturation - the gain staging is gone, right? i have to choose between one or the other not both at the same time, right?
Old 1st June 2015
  #880
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mike View Post
thank you. i know that. but; let`s say i just finished gain staging with britson and now enable output compansation. when i move the fader - which now controls the saturation - the gain staging is gone, right? i have to choose between one or the other not both at the same time, right?
True story. What DAW are you using? Cubase has a built in trim control on each channel and I believe some others do as well. I use that for gain staging and Britson for filtering and saturation.
Old 1st June 2015
  #881
Gear Head
 
Little Mike's Avatar
i use reaper
Old 6th June 2015
  #882
Lives for gear
 
soulguitar's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogernotroger View Post
Just my personal opinion, based on this exact experience:

NO.

The way I include it in my workflow at the moment is this:

When I am still levelling and panning, before I do any EQ or compression, I might insert a Britson Channel here and there if I feel that I need it. I try not to think too hard about it. If I don't feel moved to add a Britson Channel to a track, I leave it as it is.

I will, however insert Britson Buss on the master or even on the sub mixes right from the start.

I might use Satson now and again as a boost for something that I want to drive a bit, and I could do that later on in the mix.

But in answer to your question, if your mix is 90% there, or even 75% there, I wouldn't start adding Britson. It's too late!

However, you could try this: start the whole mix again. And include Britson in your initial levelling stage. See how you get on. You might enjoy the mix in a different way.

Again, JUST MY OPINION, not saying that I'm right. I'm no expert, but I know what I like! (might just copy and paste that into my signature...)
Actually I wanted to use Britson like a real console, means to use it on every track. This also works great in most pop/rock mixes.
I just noticed that often on acoustic stuff like western guitar or pianos I don't like the high saturation of britson, but on the other side felt strange just ot use it on some tracks and on some not, as the overall idea was to "glue" things together sending them all through the same "console".
I was asking myself if Satson woult suit better some acoustic instruments or music which should sound more clean/natural

Online Mixing Service - Online Studio Guitar Tracks
Old 4 weeks ago
  #883
Gear Nut
 
Boris Sonimus's Avatar
 



Hey guys, if you have been waiting for Britson deals

Sound like a Pro: Crazy Deal!!
You can get a professional and analog sounding mix using these three Sonimus plugins for just $56.
▪ TuCo: $ 28.-
▪ Britson: $ 28.-
▪ SonEQ: Free (as allways)
This is a limited time offer.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump