The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sonimus Britson Console coming soon Saturation Plugins
Old 28th July 2014
Weird...
Attached Thumbnails
Sonimus Britson Console coming soon-image_1142.jpg  
Old 28th July 2014
Same error here. I would love to know this is because he is updating his website to announce AAX version of all his plugins :p
Old 28th July 2014
Lives for gear

IIRC the website has been down like this many a time before for no apparent reason (i.e. no updates or new products). But there is a Satson update due, so here's to hoping!
Old 28th July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_HERALDO View Post
Same error here. I would love to know this is because he is updating his website to announce AAX version of all his plugins :p
That's what I was hoping. I'd really love to not lose SonEQ Pro in PT 11 as it's one of the best EQs ITB... But sadly, the page is back up with no changes. Haven't heard from those guys in awhile, hope everything's ok.. They missed the date on Satson grouping, which isn't a big deal, I just hope they are ok.

I know they said they were in the middle of working on a compressor, maybe it'll pop out soon and unexpectedly.
Old 28th July 2014
Gear Nut

I must be the only one who doesnt use the groups... weird.
Old 29th July 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJimmyBuffet View Post
No you're not.....

I helped test the grouping features, and as cool and useful as it is, I rarely use it either. Maybe it takes a certain work-flow to fully realize it's potential, I don't know. But I use them as they were before grouping was introduced.
Old 30th July 2014
Websites down again, wonder what's going on...
Old 31st July 2014
Very strange for the Sonimus website to be down this long... anyone know what's going on? Server issues? New plugs? Company closing? Wonder what it could be. I hope that they are ok, I'd hate to hear any bad news about the development. These guys are good guys, low-priced, high quality plugs. Don't want to lose em!
Old 31st July 2014
Gear Nut

Hi Folks!!
Sorry but we have been down for some for electrical inconvenients in our data center (It occurred some hours before launching Satson Grouping).
Beside, we have been making important changes in the site, including new features.
In the next days we move to new ISP and will improve download times and more...
Sorry again for inconvenients.
Boris
Old 31st July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorey View Post
Hi Folks!!
Sorry but we have been down for some for electrical inconvenients in our data center (It occurred some hours before launching Satson Grouping).
Beside, we have been making important changes in the site, including new features.
Boris
Glad to hear everything's ok..
Old 31st July 2014
Gear Nut

We are up again.
Cheers!!
Boris
Old 1st August 2014
Quote:
We are up again.
Cheers!!
Boris
Hey Boris, any ETA on Satson grouping? Of an ETA on that elusive compressor?!
Old 1st August 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Hi Folks!!
Boris
When did you launch Satson grouping?
Old 1st August 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend View Post
When did you launch Satson grouping?
I think he wanted to say "...before the launch of..."
Old 2nd August 2014
Gear Nut

Sonimus.com looks down again.
Old 2nd August 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFH View Post
Sonimus.com looks down again.
I saw this a few hours ago, but didn't mention anything. I feel bad for the dudes working over there, can't catch a break on their website... So I decided to keep my mouth shut lol.
Old 2nd August 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJimmyBuffet View Post
It's not weird at all,i don't use it either.It's very heavy on cpu.I think it's better keep it as it was.
Old 4th August 2014
Gear Nut

Website is still down after 3 days. In 2014 it is really a shame to let down users because of this kind of problem...
Old 4th August 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kptainfilou View Post
Website is still down after 3 days. In 2014 it is really a shame to let down users because of this kind of problem...
I believe I read that their area is having power outages...
Old 4th August 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_04_04 View Post
I believe I read that their area is having power outages...
That would explain why they don't tell us anything. Meanwhile I had to reinstall my system and I'm stuck cause I'm waiting to download my beloved Britson and Satson...
Old 4th August 2014
Gear Nut

OK, sonimus.com is "up" now.
Old 4th August 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackers View Post
It's not weird at all,i don't use it either.It's very heavy on cpu.I think it's better keep it as it was.
Not true in my experience. Do you have any data/benchmarks to back that claim?
Old 9th August 2014
I just bit the bullet and purchased Britson. I remixed a new tune replacing all instances of Satson. I really like how it colors the mix and the settings for flat response, "loudness" and a bright tone are good options to have. Well done, Sonimus.
Old 9th August 2014
Could a Sonimus representative tell us what's going on with Satson grouping? Just curious, I recall being told it would be done awhile ago, then that statement was removed.

Not angry at all, just wondering what the ETA is.
Old 9th August 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_04_04 View Post
Could a Sonimus representative tell us what's going on with Satson grouping? Just curious, I recall being told it would be done awhile ago, then that statement was removed.

Not angry at all, just wondering what the ETA is.
I was wondering this myself earlier today.. went and checked my user area and lo and behold, there was Satson 1.3!

Love Sonimus' stuff but communication is not their strong suit...

Old 9th August 2014
Lives for gear

Cool, thanks for the heads up!
Old 9th August 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Black View Post
I was wondering this myself earlier today.. went and checked my user area and lo and behold, there was Satson 1.3!

Love Sonimus' stuff but communication is not their strong suit...

Wow, thanks for the info! Wonder how long that's been up? Now I feel like a jerk! Haha, I'm now ready for a new Sonimus plug!
Old 10th August 2014
Wow, just got the email!

"Sonimus has the pleasure of announcing free update to Satson, adding support for Channel and Bus Grouping.
As Britson, Satson instances can now be “grouped”, creating the possibility of affecting all instances by making changes to just one.
Groups can be named. For example, you may choose to group all drum channels and buses into a group named “Drums.” This group can then be controlled from Master instance.
From the Master Instance, Saturation and FAT mode may be toggled on/off and TRIM may be controlled for input. Trim control may be applied to channels, buses, or both.
Changelog
Several minor bug fixes.
Added grouping

Grouping tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5urL26_9N3Y

Changelog
- Several minor bug fixes.
- Fixed VU Meter Related issue with some DAWs
- Added grouping

Sonimus.com :: Music is our language

Sincerely
Sonimus Staff."
Old 11th August 2014
Lives for gear

There are few things I don't understand by watching the youtube tutorial on grouping.

1st one: If I want to use grouping as an option, do I strictly have to put BUSS instance on every AUX group ? For example I have groups like, drums, music, vocals, back vocals, fxs, is it necessary putting a BUSS to every one of them, or can I just assign individual channels to groups and trim/drive those groups from the master buss instance ?

2nd one: When using grouping, why should I assign my BUSS instance on master fader to MASTER group ? Is it just so I can trim/drive the master buss with the fader from the group or is there some other thing to it ?

3rd: What if I don't want to group an element, should I route it on satson channel to MASTER?

Thanks
Old 11th August 2014
I noticed a weird thing, I set up my grouping on Satson the way it was set up in the Britson YouTube video and after linking everything, I moved the trim on the master, yet I didn't see the trim move on the individual plugs, maybe I'm just used to how the linking works in VBC, or maybe I'm doing something wrong.. And advice?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search