The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sonimus Britson Console coming soon Saturation Plugins
Old 15th May 2014
  #691
Lives for gear
 
soulguitar's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick81 View Post
Hey! I like your child-like behavior and happiness. You're my only hopes for better future of human kind and the rest of the animals and plants. glad you like it. now use it to mix some cool songs that talks about how capitalism is boring and gay.
Yesss !!

Good to see some characters here

Capitalism will destroy our society if we can't fight this ****. I m not a Hippie, just being scared how manipulated and controlled people get.

Look what kind of music makes it. I hear plenty of talented, creative artists on youtube. I turn on the radio and hear just bull**** (as long is not some 80-ie radio station).

Now days commercial artists are used IMO to penetrate and wash peoples brains to become more superficial, consummating more, thinking less and loose values...

Sad thing: People miss these things..even teenagers are mostly impressed if they hear some older songs with good music and lyrics full of innocent dreams.

As I said, there are plenty of artists which have something to say now days..just not promoted, as they can't be instrumentalized/misused.

Sorry Sonimus for the short excursion



Online Guitar Tracks - Online Guitar Tracks
Old 15th May 2014
  #692
Lives for gear
 
patrick81's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulguitar View Post
Yesss !!

Good to see some characters here

Capitalism will destroy our society if we can't fight this ****. I m not a Hippie, just being scared how manipulated and controlled people get.

Look what kind of music makes it. I hear plenty of talented, creative artists on youtube. I turn on the radio and hear just bull**** (as long is not some 80-ie radio station).

Now days commercial artists are used IMO to penetrate and wash peoples brains to become more superficial, consummating more, thinking less and loose values...

Sad thing: People miss these things..even teenagers are mostly impressed if they hear some older songs with good music and lyrics full of innocent dreams.

As I said, there are plenty of artists which have something to say now days..just not promoted, as they can't be instrumentalized/misused.

Sorry Sonimus for the short excursion



Online Guitar Tracks - Online Guitar Tracks

Thanks great reply too. fun I'm a fan of your new nebula tube guitar.really want to get it. but I'm kinda broke (what a surprise) hihi

I'm sure britson sounds really nice and it's cheap but I just bought that Nebula Neve console (the MFC) very subtle Neve 88rs color but my mix seem to sound pro and less itb.

Keep up the great work Sonimus
Old 17th May 2014
  #693
Gear Nut
 
Boris Sonimus's Avatar
 

Hi guys, here important news:

Sonimus.com :: Music is our language

Regards!!

Boris
Old 17th May 2014
  #694
Gear Head
 

This is sweet!
Old 17th May 2014
  #695
Lives for gear
 
jalcide's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick81 View Post
...mix some cool songs that talks about how capitalism is boring and gay.
Yes! Well, except for the parts of capitalism that allow Sonimus to make plugins and us to acquire them. That part can stay.

Kidding aside, I've built a new "non-linear summing" computer dedicated to processing, in real-time, 32 stereo stems from a live Cubase project (via some Reaper plumbing); in no small part due to the results I'm getting with Britson on each of those 64 channels.

There are a few other goodies on the stems, but it's mostly all about Britson right now. It pushed me over the edge to build this new summing box. :-)

Also, the gain compensation + responsive metering duo, are unsung heroes of this little gem. It really informs, visually, what the ears confirm. Great workflow. I wish more plugins had gain compensation like this.

Great news on the Groups!

Britson is also my favorite GUI right now. The lighting on it (and in it) is sublime.
Old 17th May 2014
  #696
Lives for gear
 
soulguitar's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorey View Post
Hi guys, here important news:

Sonimus.com :: Music is our language

Regards!!

Boris
What a fast update

Thank you, looking forward !!
Grouping function is a big step up
Old 17th May 2014
  #697
Lives for gear
 
soulguitar's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorey View Post
Hi guys, here important news:

Sonimus.com :: Music is our language

Regards!!

Boris
Question:

Is it a big thing to integrate an all bypass function (like in stripbus).

Would be sooooo helpful for A/B check !
Old 17th May 2014
  #698
Gear Addict
 
johnnynash's Avatar
Yeah! Looking forward to this update!!
Old 17th May 2014
  #699
Gear Addict
 

I`m so happy. clap along if you feel Sonimus is good for you...
Old 17th May 2014
  #700
Gear Addict
 

I`m so happy. clap along if you feel Sonimus is good for you...
Old 17th May 2014
  #701
Gear Addict
 

Oops
Old 18th May 2014
  #702
Gear Maniac
 
rogernotroger's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorey View Post
Hi guys, here important news:

Sonimus.com :: Music is our language

Regards!!

Boris
Great!!!
Old 24th May 2014
  #703
I've been beta testing the new Britson Console with grouping, and it is running beautifully (in REAPER). I expect the release to be on time since it's already stable and ready to rock. I made a few user-interface suggestions, but we'll see if Boris and Diego feel they are useful -- otherwise it's another excellent Sonimus product.

Sound-Guy
Old 25th May 2014
  #704
Gear Addict
 

Hope the upgrade don't compromise the cpu usage
Old 30th May 2014
  #705
Here for the gear
 
zenvoxpop's Avatar
 

Hey guys, did anyone compare it to Klanghelm IVGI?
I know it's not the same thing, but IVGI is suppose to be console emu and I've been using it the same way as Britson aka. across the busses and across the bus.
What do you guys think of IVGI?
Old 30th May 2014
  #706
Gear Guru
I love the sdrr, you should buy that. Best $30 I ever spent. Stripbus is great also....Britson is more like VCC very useful and I use all of them a lot!
Old 30th May 2014
  #707
Lives for gear
 
jalcide's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenvoxpop View Post
Hey guys, did anyone compare it to Klanghelm IVGI?
I know it's not the same thing, but IVGI is suppose to be console emu and I've been using it the same way as Britson aka. across the busses and across the bus.
What do you guys think of IVGI?
Both are great and get into similar territory when pushed. I think I like Britson more for use on my stems (I'm simulating the "summing box" thing). Its drive seems to have more smack and crunch in the mids, which I like. The new grouping feature is awesome and it has really sweet sounding high and low pass filters. No such filters on SDRR. Also, Britson is more transparent and seems to keep more of the tonal integrity of the signal until it's pushed extremely hard.

SDRR is great for sound design, and gives way more tweaking ability than Britson was intended to have. The "desk" emulation on SDRR is slightly "rattle-y" for my taste in certain setting ranges, but then just the opposite, it can be very clean and tonal for other settings ranges (great for turning kicks into bass sounds).

I love SDRR, but if I had to choose only one, I can't live without Britson on my mixes, now. It really gives that hot "outboard summing" sound that gives "top-crunch" drive to a kick-snare hit, for example.

Clearly, you need both. heh
Old 31st May 2014
  #708
Lives for gear
I welcome any more depth and specifics, because I am just not feeling Britson.

It's too pointy and adds a high F specific resonance I would rather choose on my own. Or not. Channel or Buss. I can see it on a buss with parallel sends for sure, I love it that way, but I can't just toss it around like Satson, hell no over here. We all have our preferences (and influences)
Old 31st May 2014
  #709
Lives for gear
 
jalcide's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke View Post
...It's too pointy and adds a high F specific resonance I would rather choose on my own. Or not. Channel or Buss. I can see it on a buss with parallel sends for sure, I love it that way, but I can't just toss it around like Satson...
I'm mixing into it real-time, rather than as a post-process. That may explain some things.

Using as a parallel injection is great idea, I'll have to try that. That way, one could dial in the desired effect, which changes with fader level. In other words, lower fader level at 100% wet is going to be different than a higher fader level at some wet percentage. A parallel injection lets all the unit's colors be dialed in.

That said, it seems a sweet spot and subtlety can be reached by fader alone. I'd be curious to know if any parallel paths are used in Britson under the hood. I suspect there might be. There can be a sweetness to it that eludes to parallel topology.

Smoke, I'm curious, is it that you're not able to find a fader setting low enough at 100% wet? Or is that, you are, but that when you push the fader up it goes into the effect too quickly without enough middle-ground?

Cheers.
Old 31st May 2014
  #710
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalcide View Post
I'm mixing into it real-time, rather than as a post-process. That may explain some things.

Using as a parallel injection is great idea, I'll have to try that. That way, one could dial in the desired effect, which changes with fader level. In other words, lower fader level at 100% wet is going to be different than a higher fader level at some wet percentage. A parallel injection lets all the unit's colors be dialed in.

That said, it seems a sweet spot and subtlety can be reached by fader alone. I'd be curious to know if any parallel paths are used in Britson under the hood. I suspect there might be. There can be a sweetness to it that eludes to parallel topology.

Smoke, I'm curious, is it that you're not able to find a fader setting low enough at 100% wet? Or is that, you are, but that when you push the fader up it goes into the effect too quickly without enough middle-ground?

Cheers.
I'm still trying to figure it out... granted there are some high end zones that I have't resolved in my listening area, but I know I do not like prickly pointy things, and when I mix them in (in Britson) they are lower in level, but they are still "pointy". I swear I am snapping them off channel by channel by the time, I'm done, there are maybe 2 or three still initiated.

I guess, when I want to drive into something I am looking more for low (or upper) mid girth, I have no desire to mix in high end. I would rather transients be pure and come directly from the source. I understand that this is an SSL thing, I don't particularly like what they do. I am more into an older Motown sound if you will.
Old 1st June 2014
  #711
Lives for gear
 
jalcide's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke View Post
I'm still trying to figure it out... granted there are some high end zones that I have't resolved in my listening area, but I know I do not like prickly pointy things, and when I mix them in (in Britson) they are lower in level, but they are still "pointy". I swear I am snapping them off channel by channel by the time, I'm done, there are maybe 2 or three still initiated.

I guess, when I want to drive into something I am looking more for low (or upper) mid girth, I have no desire to mix in high end. I would rather transients be pure and come directly from the source. I understand that this is an SSL thing, I don't particularly like what they do. I am more into an older Motown sound if you will.
Gottcha. Thanks for the clarification, that makes perfect sense.

I think my needs are almost opposite. I'm dealing with somewhat sterile synths and sounds that benefit from some additional mid and upper harmonics and transient shaping. I then EQ / roll-off anything harsh. I'm also looking for more of an over-driven "crunch" sound in the mids, to my drum stems in particular.

I also think there is a gluing effect by the simple fact that all the stems are getting treated by a similar process, that is helping to pull things together.

But, honestly, not only am I mixing into it, I have a real-time mastering chain after it that I also mix into (controversial and "wrong" as that practice is). So, I've got many opportunities to remove things I don't like. I'll admit I do have a small dip in the 3K region in my mastering chain (I had it before Britson, too).

All I know is that I was seriously considering a Dangerous D-Box, Prism Orpheus, or a TL Audio Fat Track for outboard, analog summing of stems, and, though not the same, Britson may be putting that on hold for a bit longer.

I'm also fully aware I'm probably overdoing the saturation thing right now, high on the drug of these newer console emus.
Old 6th June 2014
  #712
Gear Addict
 
johnnynash's Avatar
Britson v1.1 is out!
Old 6th June 2014
  #713
Gear Nut
 
Boris Sonimus's Avatar
 

Hi Folks:

Britson 1.1 is ready.
As we promised, Grouping is added!!
Enjoy it.

Sonimus.com :: Music is our language

Cheers!!

Boris
Music is our languages
Old 6th June 2014
  #714
Gear Addict
 
johnnynash's Avatar
I am enjoying it :-) Superb piece of gear!
Old 6th June 2014
  #715
M2E
Lives for gear
 
M2E's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorey View Post
Hi Folks:

Britson 1.1 is ready.
As we promised, Grouping is added!!
Enjoy it.

Sonimus.com :: Music is our language

Cheers!!

Boris
Music is our languages
Yes, soon as I saw it, I downloaded it.
Love how you guys integrated the trim into the mix!
I love the trim as drive function but, on the buss, looks like it doesn't work correctly as it still brings up the vol on the buss as it does not keep the level as is.
Shouldn't we hear the saturation without a level/vol change when clicking on that button?
Other than that, I'm still playing and loving it so far.
You can really hear what this is doing with the global on and off.
Great added addition!!!!

Hope we get the same upgrade for Satson soon as well.

Thanks,

Marc
Old 6th June 2014
  #716
M2E
Lives for gear
 
M2E's Avatar
 

yeah, Trim as Drive works great for Channels but not for the busses.
Might need a fix on that.

Loving it though...

Marc
Old 7th June 2014
  #717
M2E
Lives for gear
 
M2E's Avatar
 

Looks like it halves the signal when Trim as Drive is for the Busses but, for the Channel, it does what it says. It's drives without the add signal/level/vol or whatever ya want to call it.
Old 7th June 2014
  #718
Gear Nut
 
FFH's Avatar
i can't see trim slider or button in my Britson Bus .
Old 7th June 2014
  #719
Gear Addict
 
pylorca's Avatar
 

Hi guys,

trim to busses works fine,
by default trim affects to channels and not to busses,
there are an option: "trim to" select "buss" or "both"

Enjoy it
Cheers
Old 7th June 2014
  #720
Gear Addict
 
pylorca's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFH View Post
i can't see trim slider or button in my Britson Bus .
hi FFH,
take a look to the manual or to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5urL26_9N3Y
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump