The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sonimus Britson Console coming soon Saturation Plugins
Old 12th March 2014
Gear Maniac

Yearrh, psyked about this. Love SonEQ Pro.
Old 12th March 2014
M2E
Lives for gear

Now, if we just had a date or when it was looking to come out.

Thanks,

Marc
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear
nice

i hope they stay on the OSX.5 route
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear

Can't wait to try this! Release date?
Old 12th March 2014
Gear Addict

Hi guys!

Britson will be available next week, I will establish the exact date soon.

blayz2002, I've a real 1073 eq, I love it. Maybe... heh
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear

Monday?
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylorca View Post
Hi guys!

Since you are here. Will this be possible?

"I wonder if you can mix the 2. or even better if you can switch between the 2 so you don't loose your mix settings on previous projects."

If not I would like to make an official feature request, as I already know I'm going to be buying this software.
Old 13th March 2014
Dgr
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by pylorca View Post
Hi guys!

Now this I like.

WHIZZ! Look at this new product!
BANG! It's being released NEXT WEEK!!

None of this "I wonder what they mean by 'soon'?" stuff
Old 13th March 2014
Dgr
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgr View Post
Now this I like.

WHIZZ! Look at this new product!
BANG! It's being released NEXT WEEK!!

None of this "I wonder what they mean by 'soon'?" stuff
That was my 69th post. Do I like get . . uh . . a prize?
Old 13th March 2014
Lives for gear
I use Son EQ Pro, Sweetone and Satson on every mix. Definitely grabbing this one.
Old 13th March 2014
Lives for gear

Someone needs to tell Satson that if they are going to announce an upcoming plugin on GS, it has to be a minimum of 6 months till release, and MUST include one of the following phrases (ideally, at least 2)..

"Game-changer"
"100% accurate digital emulation"
"Industry leading"
"Used by world famous mixing/mastering engineers ________ and_________"
"Indistinguishable from the original in A/B tests"
"Absolutely nails it"

How else are we supposed to get excited about it?
Old 13th March 2014
Lives for gear

March 18th!
$39!
Old 13th March 2014
Gear Nut

Yeah baby!
Old 13th March 2014
Gee
Lives for gear

great stuff, I use all their plugs and Im sure I'll be grabbing this one. No mention of their AAX support yet?
Old 13th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
Someone needs to tell Satson that if they are going to announce an upcoming plugin on GS, it has to be a minimum of 6 months till release, and MUST include one of the following phrases (ideally, at least 2)..

"Game-changer"
"Industry leading"
"Absolutely nails it"

Old 13th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:

"Game-changer"
"Industry leading"
"Absolutely nails it"

I was going to say you forgot "no brainer" and then I realized this was one!
Old 13th March 2014
Gear Nut

Hi guys, at Sonimus.com you will find more informacion regarding Britson.

Sonimus.com :: Music is our language

Boris
Old 13th March 2014
Lives for gear

I haven't really been enamored by these channel simulators... Usually just muddies up my mixes. BUT... I am always looking for one that will finally be the ticket. I love the SonEqPro... *fingers crossed*
Old 13th March 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOS View Post
I haven't really been enamored by these channel simulators... Usually just muddies up my mixes. BUT... I am always looking for one that will finally be the ticket. I love the SonEqPro... *fingers crossed*
Have you tried Satson by Sonimus? That's a great emu and worth it for the filters alone

Sonimus.com :: Music is our language
Old 13th March 2014
Satson is definitively the less "intrusive" of the console-emulation bunch.
Old 13th March 2014
Quote:
You have to start with it on your track before you start mixing, and mix into it. Also as i mentioned you use the HPF to get rid of unnecessary low freq's.

I end up cutting on virtually every track. I keep Satson on my templates in Logic and HPF is the first processing I do before EQ and compression. I find my mixes come together a lot quicker with a analogue feel since grabbing Satson and The Glue. They also translate a lot better.

The LPF is also great for reducing the digital sheen (where that doesn't suit the song). If it's still too digital or needs thickening or soften the transients I just turn on the Fat knob and or turn up the saturation. All that along with some nice color plugs from UAD, Waves, PSP and others are giving me convincing mixes ITB.
Old 13th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
What ones are you using? I heard an awesome difference the first time I used Satson. All tho after converting to mp3 a lot of the magic is lost :\

I dream of a day when everyone will listen to Hi Fi music and have great speakers no more of this beats by dre & mp3 monkey business.
Old 13th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamHat View Post
What ones are you using? I heard an awesome difference the first time I used Satson. All tho after converting to mp3 a lot of the magic is lost :\

I dream of a day when everyone will listen to Hi Fi music and have great speakers no more of this beats by dre & mp3 monkey business.
That's the thing. I haven't been using them. I have Slate's and SDRR. I have tried using them, first thing, before I begin mixing, but after the mix I would take them off, and like the mix a lot better.

As time goes by, reverb got better, eq's got better, compressors... Everything is improving. Console simulation must be the same.

If it doesn't work for me now, someday it will. Maybe next week, maybe next year. We'll see!
Old 13th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blayz2002 View Post
You have to start with it on your track before you start mixing, and mix into it. Also as i mentioned you use the HPF to get rid of unnecessary low freq's.

I end up cutting on virtually every track. I keep Satson on my templates in Logic and HPF is the first processing I do before EQ and compression. I find my mixes come together a lot quicker with a analogue feel since grabbing Satson and The Glue. They also translate a lot better.

The LPF is also great for reducing the digital sheen (where that doesn't suit the song). If it's still too digital or needs thickening or soften the transients I just turn on the Fat knob and or turn up the saturation. All that along with some nice color plugs from UAD, Waves, PSP and others are giving me convincing mixes ITB.
Blaze,

Thank you for your tips. I look forward to next week's release, and experiment!
Old 13th March 2014
5 days to go!
Old 13th March 2014
Lives for gear
any infos about OSX.5 compatibility ?

thx
Old 13th March 2014
Tui
Gear Guru

Demo?
Old 13th March 2014
Gear Addict

Bring it on! My wallet's ready :-)
Old 13th March 2014
Quote:
That's the thing. I haven't been using them. I have Slate's and SDRR. I have tried using them, first thing, before I begin mixing, but after the mix I would take them off, and like the mix a lot better.

As time goes by, reverb got better, eq's got better, compressors... Everything is improving. Console simulation must be the same.

If it doesn't work for me now, someday it will. Maybe next week, maybe next year. We'll see!
SDRR is way too colored and not really meant to be used accross the whole mix, and IMHO it's better when used strategically. It's a great sounding plugin but I don't see it as console emulation, even though it has a "console" mode. It really shines when you use sparsingly, and I usually go for tube mode on lead vocals, fuzz on bass and console on drumbus. All my tries with it accross the board failed, but its really cool when applied to certain channels with certain modes for each one. At least that's my experience with it.

Slate is very colored, less than SDDR, but even the more subtle API console is kind of an obvious effect especially when many instances are used and pushed above 0db. When it works "it works", but that isn't really the case with every mix.

Satson is way less colored than those two and I also have the impression that it has a more wide window of operation before it starts to get heavy handed.

YMMV of course.
Old 13th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah, totally. I wasn't excpecting it that soon alright. Feel kind of startled now.
Not cool at all
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search