The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Trident Audio Shows New 88 Console - Now Shipping!
Old 27th February 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordward View Post
Sorry for the mixup. I just meant that maybe there was some kind of basic configuration with a price tag on it. A 24 channels, 8 bus, whatever...

DW
There is...In EURO the standard 24 input 8 BUSS is about €24,299 EX VAT, but no shipping.... Considering the API 1608 is now €64,000.00...The Trident 88 is a deal!!!!
Old 27th February 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanhyatt View Post
No, not at this time. All inout modules have our mic Pre in them, but they are fully defeatable. Remember, there are two separate inserts into every module. Insert one removes our mic pre and all of its electronics and allows you to insert your mic Pre right at the top of the EQ The mic Pres on the console are all Class A Discrete Circuity, with options for a Lunhahl Transformer. Everyone needs more mic Pres and these are extremely good. Yes, I understand you have them, but you can spend a lot more for just a line mixer, but the quality of this is console is about as good as it gets...So keep the Mic Pre's as a bonus and insert yours if you wish!
I get what your saying but I don't like paying for things twice. I'd be interested to know what the price came in at - 24 mic pre's.
Old 27th February 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stgaudio View Post
I get what your saying but I don't like paying for things twice. I'd be interested to know what the price came in at - 24 mic pre's.
Well, there is just no way of knowing because we are not offering just a line input module.
Old 28th February 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
We cannot remove our mic Pre's as I posted earlier, but they are defeatable. Our 24 input has 8 AUX's, 4 mono and two stereo. Automation package is level, pan, solo, and mute. There are inserts on the two buss. As for stereo inputs, we do not really have dedicated stereo input channels, but on top of the 24 inputs, there are another 24 inputs that are assigned to the two bus that you can use for stereo use and they have inserts.
Thanks for your reply, Alan! I should've checked the website before posting. Assuming HUI can seamlessly drive the faders and other automated functions, it looks like quite a board for recording and OTB processing & mixing.

After you guys finalize the 88, you should seriously consider offering a slimmed-down model that retains all that killer routing & automation, adds DAW MIDI transport control, but leaves-out the pres and EQ's. There's a lot of us out here that would rather put our money into more automated channels vs. console pres & EQ's.

Cheers,
hendo
Old 1st March 2015
Gear Maniac

Hi Alan, can the colour of the lights and knobs be customised?

I am really OCD about colour....!
Old 1st March 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendo View Post
Thanks for your reply, Alan! I should've checked the website before posting. Assuming HUI can seamlessly drive the faders and other automated functions, it looks like quite a board for recording and OTB processing & mixing.

After you guys finalize the 88, you should seriously consider offering a slimmed-down model that retains all that killer routing & automation, adds DAW MIDI transport control, but leaves-out the pres and EQ's. There's a lot of us out here that would rather put our money into more automated channels vs. console pres & EQ's.

Cheers,
hendo
+1
Old 2nd March 2015
Here for the gear

I'm really excited about this board. Still out of my budget, but have been eyeing old Ward Becks, MCIs, and Neoteks to replace my Soundworkshops series 30. I may have to hold off and save for a couple more years cause this console really ticks all the boxes.

Hopefully some of these make their way to the Toronto area so I can try one out in person and hear it for myself.

I totally get that hybrid mixing is a big thing now, and many people would prefer a line mixer with their own outboard gear. I certainly don't need anymore preamps, but it never hurts to have extra ones available. While there have been many new products aimed at the hybrid/summing crowd, this is the first new affordable full-featured console I've seen in quite some time, so I'm excited to hear more about it.
Old 3rd March 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44deluxe View Post
Hi Alan, can the colour of the lights and knobs be customised?

I am really OCD about colour....!
Anything can be done. It all about the money!
Old 5th March 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Anything can be done. It all about the money!
Heh, ain't that the truth!
Old 6th March 2015
Lives for gear

We did some video's in three parts showing a complete Trident 88 build, but they are too big to post here. Here are the finished pics. This one is a Trident 88-32 Input with the analog VU Meters in place of the LED Meters and transformers on the Monitor Outputs.

This is now in its shipping crate and going out the door.... Frickin beautiful console man, and it performs and sounds better than it looks!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Trident Audio Shows New 88 Console - Now Shipping!-img-lit_2873.jpg   Trident Audio Shows New 88 Console - Now Shipping!-img_2870.jpg   Trident Audio Shows New 88 Console - Now Shipping!-case.jpg  
Old 7th March 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
We did some video's in three parts showing a complete Trident 88 build, but they are too big to post here. Here are the finished pics. This one is a Trident 88-32 Input with the analog VU Meters in place of the LED Meters and transformers on the Monitor Outputs.

This is now in its shipping crate and going out the door.... Frickin beautiful console man, and it performs and sounds better than it looks!!!!
How much does it weigh? Thinking of the 24 channel 88 jz
Old 7th March 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyz View Post
With the crate, about 500 pounds....
Old 8th March 2015
Here for the gear
Quote:

That thing is so LOVELY!

It will be a day for every home/semi pro studio owner to get a console, and when that time comes it will be the Trident 88 32!
Old 9th March 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBO Studio View Post
That thing is so LOVELY!

It will be a day for every home/semi pro studio owner to get a console, and when that time comes it will be the Trident 88 32!

I am building another 88-32 VU console for the MusikMesse Show starting April 15th... It will be there and is for sale at the show.... Any takers?????? Email me if there is any interest.
Old 9th March 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyz View Post
The 32 input with crate is about 550lbs....
Old 17th April 2015
News Desk Editor

#MESSE2015 @ alanhyatt
Old 17th April 2015
Old 17th April 2015
jac
Gear Addict

I had the chance to play with it for few minutes at the show. It sounds amazing and it looks great! The idea of the modular console is also very clever in case of service!!!
Old 13th May 2018
Gear Addict

Bumping this thread.

Now that the 88s have been out for a few years, would be very interested in opinions on how well they are holding up, any issues with sound or service/support, etc.

i'm both tracking and mixing.

just trying to get a feel for whether this is a good long term investment for my more-high-end-than-it-probably-deserves-to-be project studio.
Old 14th May 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle barton View Post
Bumping this thread.

Now that the 88s have been out for a few years, would be very interested in opinions on how well they are holding up, any issues with sound or service/support, etc.

i'm both tracking and mixing.

just trying to get a feel for whether this is a good long term investment for my more-high-end-than-it-probably-deserves-to-be project studio.
Of course I am biased, but the 88 has been basically trouble free. Greenday has been traveling with two of them using them for Front Of House...so they have been set up, moved and broke down back to the cases so many times...and no failures... They are very robust, but hopefully any owners will chime in...and we have sold a good amount of them already.
Old 15th September 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
The Trident Web Site is at Welcome to Trident Audio Developments
Click on the Console Tab.

There is a comparison chart on that page that lists the price of the 88-16 which is $17,999.00. The 24 is $24,999.99, the 32 is targeted at $29,999.99 but may inch up to $32,000.00. After that, we will offer a 40 and 48 input frame, but they c will require two power supplies, and price is negotiated for those configurations. We will have the final price of the new TriMix Automation for the 88 Series in a couple weeks. It is finished and working well.

Remember, there are options for these consoles. They are:

Optional all VU Meter bridge. Bar graph LED's are standard
Input mic transformers. Lundhal or Trident Custom transformer
Group Output transformers. Lundhal or Trident Custom transformer
Main and Monitor Output transformers for the Master Section. Lundhal or Trident Custom transformer
Automation - Up to 48 Channels - All DAW supported fader, mute, solo, rec/rdy and automation modes are present in this design
I know that's an old thread but there's something strange.

The price listing for a 88-16 is now $29,999 (source trident website)
Correct me if I'm wrong but that's a $12,000 increase, 66% more !

What can justify such a price jump in just 4 years ?!

The 88-16 is now listed the same price the 88-32 was supposed to be...

That's really surprising.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
You can buy the Lundhal's yourself and add them any time you choose, but they need to be soldered in, it is not good to take them in and out as you would end up destroying the solder pads. You can out pins in but those are not really a tigh good connection.

We will supply the procedure to anyone who decided to add transformers later. You can order any number of transformers from us and we will install them, but it is not something you can just switch in and out. They are either on or off. So for a 24 input, you can have 12 channels with, and 12 without if you wish...
Is it possible to add transformers to the 76 board? Or is it a 88only feature?

Thanks
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugist View Post
Is it possible to add transformers to the 76 board? Or is it a 88only feature?

Thanks
You can add transformers to the Monitor and Main outputs of the Series 78. There is a switch to select which one you want to use, so you only need one pair for the Series 78 to do this, but there are no other transformer options in the 78.

The Series 88 is different. You need two pairs to do both Monitor and main outputs, and you can add transformers to the group outputs, direct outputs, and mic inputs on the Series 88.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
You can add transformers to the Monitor and Main outputs of the Series 78. There is a switch to select which one you want to use, so you only need one pair for the Series 78 to do this, but there are no other transformer options in the 78.

The Series 88 is different. You need two pairs to do both Monitor and main outputs, and you can add transformers to the group outputs, direct outputs, and mic inputs on the Series 88.
Ok, thanks. Is there a German distributor? It‘a not so easy to get access
to first hand informations over here...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ok, thanks. Is there a German distributor? It‘a not so easy to get access
to first hand informations over here...
Currently, Thomann in Germany is a dealer for the Series 68, and he will have his stock in a couple of weeks for the Trident 68. He can order a Series 78, but does not stock them.

Just Music has both the 78 and 88 in their stores, but I am not sure which banch has which version, so you will need to call them to find out what model they have on display.

Funky Junk in the UK has all the models on display working! So you might want to consider a visit to them. A small price to pay for a big investment....
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Currently, Thomann in Germany is a dealer for the Series 68, and he will have his stock in a couple of weeks for the Trident 68. He can order a Series 78, but does not stock them.

Just Music has both the 78 and 88 in their stores, but I am not sure which banch has which version, so you will need to call them to find out what model they have on display.

Funky Junk in the UK has all the models on display working! So you might want to consider a visit to them. A small price to pay for a big investment....
Great, thanks! I‘ll stick with Just Music, they are the closest.

Does the 68 have inserts?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Great, thanks! I‘ll stick with Just Music, they are the closest.

Does the 68 have inserts?

Of course...Channel inserts, group inserts, Master insert, and they are all balanced in and out.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Better hurry up if you want to buy stuff from the UK!
October 31 is coming
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fxs View Post
Better hurry up if you want to buy stuff from the UK!
October 31 is coming

Ain't that the truth!!!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Of course...Channel inserts, group inserts, Master insert, and they are all balanced in and out.
Ah... cool, so the only difference to the 78 is the EQ?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search