The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Trident Audio Shows New 88 Console - Now Shipping!
Old 27th August 2014
  #31
Lives for gear
 
alanhyatt's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticazzi75 View Post
Alan could you write here the price for all versions and options??? or put a link were find these informations.
thanks ;-)
The Trident Web Site is at Welcome to Trident Audio Developments
Click on the Console Tab.

There is a comparison chart on that page that lists the price of the 88-16 which is $17,999.00. The 24 is $24,999.99, the 32 is targeted at $29,999.99 but may inch up to $32,000.00. After that, we will offer a 40 and 48 input frame, but they will require two power supplies, and price is negotiated for those configurations. We will have the final price of the new TriMix Automation for the 88 Series in a couple weeks. It is finished and working well.

Remember, there are options for these consoles. They are:

Optional all VU Meter bridge. Bar graph LED's are standard
Input mic transformers. Lundhal or Trident Custom transformer
Group Output transformers. Lundhal or Trident Custom transformer
Main and Monitor Output transformers for the Master Section. Lundhal or Trident Custom transformer
Automation - Up to 48 Channels - All DAW supported fader, mute, solo, rec/rdy and automation modes are present in this design
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Series 88_VU Meter-Brigde.pdf (147.1 KB, 613 views)
Old 27th August 2014
  #32
Old 27th August 2014
  #33
Lives for gear
 
alanhyatt's Avatar
 

Ultimate Studios, Inc – Recording/Mixing/Mastering/Drums/Video - Ultimate Studios, Inc Installs new Trident 88 Console!

Check it out.... This one has 8 channels of the TriMix Automation. They are Beta testing the Automation for us....
Old 27th August 2014
  #34
Thanks!! I saw the pics on facebook..... We're are "friends" ;-)
i would like to know if the trident 88 is comparable to an "old" 80B/C, or is another league, what you can say about the comparison????
Old 27th August 2014
  #35
Gear Head
 
icenine18's Avatar
What are the prices for the different options? I didnt see that info on the web page. Thanks.
Old 28th August 2014
  #36
Lives for gear
 
alanhyatt's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine18 View Post
What are the prices for the different options? I didnt see that info on the web page. Thanks.
We are working on that now. We use Lundhal as the main transformer line as they are extremely good on Trident's. They can be installed at our factory or at anytime after. It is just soldered in and remove a couple jumpers.

Lundhal's are between $100.00 to $125.00 a channel installed. The Trident Transformer we offer is custom wound for us to our spec by a non audio company and it is a more affordable option at about $60.00 to $85.00 a channel. I also like these transformers.

The all "VU" Meter bridge depending on the format size is about a $1,500.00 option in the case of a 24 channel.

The Automation cost will be more final in a couple weeks, but we think we can do it for a very good price. So more information is coming.

We have orders to fill and are building them. There will be very limited dealers for this console, and PMI Audio will sell direct as well..A list of dealers will be posted to the web site once they commit to the program. This will then give us demo stations across the USA and Europe for people to listen.
Old 28th August 2014
  #37
Lives for gear
 
alanhyatt's Avatar
 

Photo of the new Trident Audio TriMix Automation!
Attached Thumbnails
Trident Audio Shows New 88 Console - Now Shipping!-trimixmetalwork.jpg  
Old 5th September 2014
  #38
Here for the gear
 

So can the transformers but added onto the boards as an after purchase option without buying a new channel strip or mic pre section. Meaning can I my self add them on easily or remove them if needed, or are the built as a pre purchases option only. Or possibly a bypass switch for the transformer section that routes it in or out of circuit or around it. I know this is not standard but just asking to see allowing for more choices of sound selections. 8 CH transformers on an all other CH off. Next session 16 on and others off. the same with the output section. Just wondering I know its not very standard in past console. Well I hope the question is said clear enough I can see several ways of reading the question.
Old 5th September 2014
  #39
Lives for gear
 
alanhyatt's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by feralchild View Post
So can the transformers but added onto the boards as an after purchase option without buying a new channel strip or mic pre section. Meaning can I my self add them on easily or remove them if needed, or are the built as a pre purchases option only. Or possibly a bypass switch for the transformer section that routes it in or out of circuit or around it. I know this is not standard but just asking to see allowing for more choices of sound selections. 8 CH transformers on an all other CH off. Next session 16 on and others off. the same with the output section. Just wondering I know its not very standard in past console. Well I hope the question is said clear enough I can see several ways of reading the question.
You can buy the Lundhal's yourself and add them any time you choose, but they need to be soldered in, it is not good to take them in and out as you would end up destroying the solder pads. You can out pins in but those are not really a tigh good connection.

We will supply the procedure to anyone who decided to add transformers later. You can order any number of transformers from us and we will install them, but it is not something you can just switch in and out. They are either on or off. So for a 24 input, you can have 12 channels with, and 12 without if you wish...
Old 7th September 2014
  #40
Lives for gear
 

I'm assuming the answer is no to this, but doing the trimix automation upgrade doesn't mean you can use the faders as DAW control does it?
Old 7th September 2014
  #41
Gear Addict
 
Capashitor's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by feralchild View Post
So can the transformers but added onto the boards as an after purchase option without buying a new channel strip or mic pre section. Meaning can I my self add them on easily or remove them if needed, or are the built as a pre purchases option only. Or possibly a bypass switch for the transformer section that routes it in or out of circuit or around it.
I know for a fact swapping lundahls in and out has a high probability of tearing a pin connection inside the can. You don't want that.
Old 7th September 2014
  #42
Lives for gear
 
alanhyatt's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkster View Post
I'm assuming the answer is no to this, but doing the trimix automation upgrade doesn't mean you can use the faders as DAW control does it?
The faders will control your levels on your DAW screen, but not transport and plugins...
Old 7th September 2014
  #43
Lives for gear
 

Thank you, Alan!
Old 10th November 2014
  #44
Gear Addict
 
Sonic Reducer's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanhyatt View Post
The faders will control your levels on your DAW screen, but not transport and plugins...
Wait.. I apologize for my ignorance if I'm wrong, and please correct me, but wouldn't one want the automated faders to act independently from the DAW's faders? So that if I'm feeding a Trident 88 channel and I insert an analog compressor on it, I can then automate the level of the channel on the console post compressor on the console while leaving my DAW track faders at unity and just treating the DAW like a tape machine ? Do the faders only control the DAW without the ability to be automated on their own ?

Or is the trick to create extra aux tracks in your session for the sole purpose of "talking" to the console faders, hence saving the automation moves within the session ?

Also can the group faders be automated ?

Last edited by Sonic Reducer; 10th November 2014 at 06:22 AM.. Reason: Forgot a question
Old 14th November 2014
  #45
Lives for gear
 
alanhyatt's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Reducer View Post
Wait.. I apologize for my ignorance if I'm wrong, and please correct me, but wouldn't one want the automated faders to act independently from the DAW's faders? So that if I'm feeding a Trident 88 channel and I insert an analog compressor on it, I can then automate the level of the channel on the console post compressor on the console while leaving my DAW track faders at unity and just treating the DAW like a tape machine ? Do the faders only control the DAW without the ability to be automated on their own ?

Or is the trick to create extra aux tracks in your session for the sole purpose of "talking" to the console faders, hence saving the automation moves within the session ?

Also can the group faders be automated ?
The TriMix Automation cannot be automated on its own. It must use HUI through MIDI for ProTools, Cubase, Logic and others to work. The motorized faders work the same way a standard fader does when it is not interfaced with an external DAW, so mixing with TriMix is the same as with manual faders.

If you use channels as effect returns, they will be automated as long as you are interfacing them with your DAW...
Old 19th November 2014
  #46
Gear Maniac
 
Rythm'BackStudio's Avatar
 

Any news on price for the automation?
Old 21st December 2014
  #47
Hmmmm I love the VU meterbridge option!! Any pictures of a console with it??
Old 26th February 2015
  #48
Lives for gear
 
alanhyatt's Avatar
 

Trident Series 88 is shipping....

The new Trident Audio Developments Series 88 are in assembly. It starts with the frame, then all motherboards, power distribution, connector panels and wire harness are installed and tested, Then, one module at a time, they are put in and tested. After full assembly, it is tested again....

Up to five year parts and labor warranty and several options like:
Fader Automation
Lundhal Transformers on the Discrete Class A Mic Pre
Lundhal Transformers on the Group Outputs
Lundhal Transformers on the Main and Monitor Outputs
Full all analog VU Meterbridge
Attached Thumbnails
Trident Audio Shows New 88 Console - Now Shipping!-series-88_1.jpg   Trident Audio Shows New 88 Console - Now Shipping!-series-88ii.jpg  
Old 27th February 2015
  #49
Gear Addict
 
stgaudio's Avatar
Is it possible to have a line level (no mic pre) configuration? I don't need any more pre's but a 24 channel line mixer with automation for tracking & summing would be something
Old 27th February 2015
  #50
Gear Addict
 
SeanBlack's Avatar
Any shipping to BC Canada or Pacific North West?? Going to check one out as soon as there is a studio close enough.
Old 27th February 2015
  #51
Gear Maniac
 
hendo's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stgaudio View Post
Is it possible to have a line level (no mic pre) configuration? I don't need any more pre's but a 24 channel line mixer with automation for tracking & summing would be something
+1 ... along with:

- 24 channels comprised of 16 mono and 8 stereo
- 6 AUX Sends
- 8 automated Subgroups with inserts
- Automated pan
- Inserts on the automated 2 Buss
- High resolution automation/DAW protocol
Old 27th February 2015
  #52
Lives for gear
 
lordward's Avatar
Price ?
Old 27th February 2015
  #53
Lives for gear
 
alanhyatt's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stgaudio View Post
Is it possible to have a line level (no mic pre) configuration? I don't need any more pre's but a 24 channel line mixer with automation for tracking & summing would be something
No, not at this time. All inout modules have our mic Pre in them, but they are fully defeatable. Remember, there are two separate inserts into every module. Insert one removes our mic pre and all of its electronics and allows you to insert your mic Pre right at the top of the EQ The mic Pres on the console are all Class A Discrete Circuity, with options for a Lunhahl Transformer. Everyone needs more mic Pres and these are extremely good. Yes, I understand you have them, but you can spend a lot more for just a line mixer, but the quality of this is console is about as good as it gets...So keep the Mic Pre's as a bonus and insert yours if you wish!
Old 27th February 2015
  #54
Lives for gear
 
alanhyatt's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanBlack View Post
Any shipping to BC Canada or Pacific North West?? Going to check one out as soon as there is a studio close enough.
Mostly LA, New York and a lot in Europe. Ask Justin if anyone has pulled the trigger on one in the Northwest. In either case, someone will soon.
Old 27th February 2015
  #55
Lives for gear
 
alanhyatt's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendo View Post
+1 ... along with:

- 24 channels comprised of 16 mono and 8 stereo
- 6 AUX Sends
- 8 automated Subgroups with inserts
- Automated pan
- Inserts on the automated 2 Buss
- High resolution automation/DAW protocol
We cannot remove our mic Pre's as I posted earlier, but they are defeatable. Our 24 input has 8 AUX's, 4 mono and two stereo. Automation package is level, pan, solo, and mute. There are inserts on the two buss. As for stereo inputs, we do not really have dedicated stereo input channels, but on top of the 24 inputs, there are another 24 inputs that are assigned to the two bus that you can use for stereo use and they have inserts.
Old 27th February 2015
  #56
Lives for gear
 
alanhyatt's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidChampoux View Post
Hmmmm I love the VU meterbridge option!! Any pictures of a console with it??
We are building some now, so all I have is the mechanical drawings, but by next week, a photo will be taken of a 32 input with the VU Meterbridge option
Old 27th February 2015
  #57
Lives for gear
 
alanhyatt's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordward View Post
Price ?
What configuration....Any options?
Old 27th February 2015
  #58
Lives for gear
 
lordward's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanhyatt View Post
What configuration....Any options?
Hmmm...dunno.... how about:

- 24 channels comprised of 16 mono and 8 stereo
- 6 AUX Sends
- 8 automated Subgroups with inserts
- Automated pan
- Inserts on the automated 2 Buss
- High resolution automation/DAW protocol
Old 27th February 2015
  #59
Lives for gear
 
alanhyatt's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordward View Post
Hmmm...dunno.... how about:

- 24 channels comprised of 16 mono and 8 stereo
- 6 AUX Sends
- 8 automated Subgroups with inserts
- Automated pan
- Inserts on the automated 2 Buss
- High resolution automation/DAW protocol
I kind of replied to this....


Quote:
Originally Posted by hendo View Post
+1 ... along with:


- 24 channels comprised of 16 mono and 8 stereo
- 6 AUX Sends
- 8 automated Subgroups with inserts
- Automated pan
- Inserts on the automated 2 Buss
- High resolution automation/DAW protocol


We cannot remove our mic Pre's as I posted earlier, but they are defeatable. Our 24 input has 8 AUX's, 4 mono and two stereo. Automation package is level, pan, solo, and mute. There are inserts on the two buss. As for stereo inputs, we do not really have dedicated stereo input channels, but on top of the 24 inputs, there are another 24 inputs that are assigned to the two bus that you can use for stereo inputs and they have inserts.
Old 27th February 2015
  #60
Lives for gear
 
lordward's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanhyatt View Post
I kind of replied to this....
Sorry for the mixup. I just meant that maybe there was some kind of basic configuration with a price tag on it. A 24 channels, 8 bus, whatever...

DW
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump