The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audient ASP880 will be unveiled at Messe 2014 Audio Interfaces
Old 3rd March 2014
Lives for gear

Hardware Audient ASP880 will be unveiled at Messe 2014

We are proud to announce we are launching a new product at Musik Messe 2014. Keep your eyes peeled for more news and information.

Thanks,
Andy @ Audient
Attached Thumbnails
Audient ASP880 will be unveiled at Messe 2014-asp880-fb-wall-preview.png  

Last edited by Grahamdwc; 31st March 2014 at 01:40 PM..
Old 3rd March 2014
Gear Head

An improved asp008...Very nice! I read some things about it and it looks very interesting. Waiting for more news.

I really like your products. I have the asp008 and I had the chance to work with a Zen some months ago.

But, I think that you should think of make an audio interface with more preamps, i/o, etc than the id22. Hope it's in your future plans...
Old 4th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by denSaakaldte View Post
An improved asp008...Very nice! I read some things about it and it looks very interesting. Waiting for more news.

I really like your products. I have the asp008 and I had the chance to work with a Zen some months ago.

But, I think that you should think of make an audio interface with more preamps, i/o, etc than the id22. Hope it's in your future plans...
I, too am a big Audient fan (and own a fair few of their products).

I assume this was designed with the iD22's adat ins and outs in mind, so it should deliver what your are after.
Old 4th March 2014
Lives for gear

Must resist... need... more... D/A...

I've resisted an id22 so far in hopes of an id44, id88, etc.
Old 4th March 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
I assume this was designed with the iD22's adat ins and outs in mind, so it should deliver what your are after.
I need more AD and DA, too. The id22 is fine if you do not need many channels. 8 more channels through adat at 24/44.1 for some people are not enough.

I record at 24bit/88.2Khz and I need at least 16 channels. What I'm looking for now, is the rme ufx because I want to build a more portable setup, but I would really like to have these features, the preamps and the quality of Audient.

For now let's see the asp880...From what I found, they said they improved the cooling system for absolutely silence(fanless?), they improved the Burr-Brown converters and they add inserts points to every channel. And of course new look.

I think I'm going to double my Audient preamps, soon...

P.S Ozzy btw nice room and setup...Your concole is great!
We have the same SSL converters. Very nice!
Old 4th March 2014
Lives for gear

Whe the id22 will run on windows? haha
Old 4th March 2014
Lives for gear

Interested to find out more about this! Does this have exactly the same pres as the ASP008? Am interested of there will be a similar update of converters for the Mico?

Also, I would love to see some rack mounted audio interfaces from Audient!?
Old 5th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
P.S Ozzy btw nice room and setup...Your concole is great!
We have the same SSL converters. Very nice!
Thanks very much mate! Its a great place to work

Understood with channel count at higher sample rates.

Knowing Audient, they are working on it. The ID22 is really great too!

Oz
Old 5th March 2014
Hmmm... Maybe I'll be able to get an 008 at an especially good price now! ;-)
Old 5th March 2014
Lives for gear

The ASP008 has analogue to digital converters , but no digital to analogue converters, I wish ASP880 has both conversions, if not, id44, id66 or id88 would be great, that way you don´t need to unplug hardware units from id22 every time you change from record to mixing, or viceversa.

I agree, we need more AD and DA, but, in case Audient would decide to produce them, it would mean waiting more time than I would wish, so, possibly, I will do with id22, in spite of the above mentioned unplug/plug hardware issue.
Old 5th March 2014
I love my 008 and can't really see what could be improved, but I'll keep my eye on this (okay, on-off switch would be nice)
Old 5th March 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpix74 View Post
Whe the id22 will run on windows? haha
still waiting for this to happen
Old 5th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyjanopan View Post
I love my 008 and can't really see what could be improved...
Here's what would get me thinking seriously about an upgrade:
  • Reduced travel on the gain pots: 0 - 60dB is a unnecessarily wide range and crowds all of the critical adjustment for most mics into the last 30% of travel
  • Either a Stereo Link feature for adjacent channels or stepped/detented gain for working with stereo mic arrays
  • Kill that bloody fan!
I have the non-ADAT version so I can't really comment on potential improvements that might be had there, but I daresay conversion gets incrementally better every decade or so.

I am totally satisfied with the existing sound-quality of the venerable ASP-008, although Audient are obviously claiming that the new ASP-880 improves on what is already stellar preamp performance, so I'm sure a good thing just got better in that regard.
Old 10th March 2014
Lives for gear

It's here!

Hi all,

We are proud to announce our brand new 8-channel Microphone Preamplifier & ADC, ASP880. Follow the link below for more information:

ASP880 | Audient

Keep your eyes peeled for more information, videos and content throughout Messe and after.

Thanks,
Andy @ Audient
Old 10th March 2014
Lives for gear

Interesting, just been contemplating for the audient as a frontend. Hoping the new model will be priced similarily than the old version? If the heat issue is fixed in this revision, this is very much looking like the one to get!
Old 10th March 2014
Gear Addict

The question... Is there a fan in the unit?
Old 10th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred2bern View Post
The question... Is there a fan in the unit?
Hi guys,

The unit is fanless for silent operation and the RRP in the UK is £899.

Thanks,
Andy @ Audient
Old 10th March 2014
Gear Head

The price is with the adat/aes card or only for the preamps?Will there be two editions like the first asp008?
Old 10th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
The price is with the adat/aes card or only for the preamps?Will there be two editions like the first asp008?
Hi denSaakaldte,

During the R&D stage we worked very hard to make the ASP880 a high quality product but also an affordable one. So, ASP880 comes fitted with new Burr Brown converter technology as standard, there will not be two editions. You can have 8 of our renowned Audient mic pres with pristine converters all for £899.

I hope this helps to answer your questions.

Thanks,
Andy @ Audient
Old 10th March 2014
Lives for gear

Hi Andy, can the preamps be bypassed, so we can use our external mic preamps instead?
Old 10th March 2014
Here for the gear

Looks like it functions as a stand alone AD plus you can use the analogue outs along with the digital ins as balanced inserts. Check the link above. This looks amazing and cheaper than a new ASP008. Have two ASP008s and was about to buy a third secondhand. Looks like I'll be after a new ASP880 instead!
My main question however is can they be racked flush without needing to keep an empty space above for ventilation? If so I might have to upgrade to 3 ASP880s! Will need half as much rack space for my mobile rig.
Old 10th March 2014
Lives for gear

What will the street price be in the US? If it sounds like the Mico I will want one depending on the price.
Old 11th March 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Hi denSaakaldte,

During the R&D stage we worked very hard to make the ASP880 a high quality product but also an affordable one. So, ASP880 comes fitted with new Burr Brown converter technology as standard, there will not be two editions. You can have 8 of our renowned Audient mic pres with pristine converters all for £899.

I hope this helps to answer your questions.

Thanks,
Andy @ Audient
Thank you very much Andy. Your answer was very clear!
Old 11th March 2014
Looks like a great product with a very good price!
Old 11th March 2014
Here for the gear

Very very interested to hear back from Audient as to appropriate ventilation requirements as above... My purchase is hanging on it..
Old 12th March 2014
Here for the gear

The manual is up now, including this disclaimer:

"A 1RU ventilation space above the unit is recommended and it is not advised to run the unit in a rack above hot units such as valve outboard and multichannel AD/DA converters without suitable ventilation space around the unit."

That answers that question then.. Such a shame this couldn't be worked around.
Old 12th March 2014
Lives for gear

On my new upgrade hardware list for sure & the price is more then right ;-)
Old 12th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by joegarcia View Post
The manual is up now, including this disclaimer:

"A 1RU ventilation space above the unit is recommended and it is not advised to run the unit in a rack above hot units such as valve outboard and multichannel AD/DA converters without suitable ventilation space around the unit."

That answers that question then.. Such a shame this couldn't be worked around.
probably it could be fixed by making it 2U, but then you can just leave one space empty with 1U. They're 8 class-A preamplifiers with 8 channels of AD, it will get hot.
Old 13th March 2014
Here for the gear

Andy, when is it shipping?
Old 13th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
The ASP008 has analogue to digital converters , but no digital to analogue converters, I wish ASP880 has both conversions, if not, id44, id66 or id88 would be great, that way you don´t need to unplug hardware units from id22 every time you change from record to mixing, or viceversa.

I agree, we need more AD and DA, but, in case Audient would decide to produce them, it would mean waiting more time than I would wish, so, possibly, I will do with id22, in spite of the above mentioned unplug/plug hardware issue.
I agree. the id22 looks great and teaming it with ADAT is fine but outputs also are needed which the ASP008 doesnt appear to do...I hoped they would do an id88 or something but a decent ADAT rack would suffice with the id22...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search