The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audient ASP880 will be unveiled at Messe 2014 Audio Interfaces
Old 22nd April 2015
  #91
Here for the gear
 

I use a console in my signal path, and I'm looking to use Audient preamps. Can the asp880 be routed so that audient preamps>console>audient line ins> audient Adat out? This would allow me to upgrade preamps, and conversion, for the price of upgrading either!
Old 22nd April 2015
  #92
Lives for gear
 
audientworld's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreathingRhythm View Post
I use a console in my signal path, and I'm looking to use Audient preamps. Can the asp880 be routed so that audient preamps>console>audient line ins> audient Adat out? This would allow me to upgrade preamps, and conversion, for the price of upgrading either!
Hi Breathing Rhythm,

Yes you will be able to do that. The analogue line outs will always be outputting audio from the preamp, you can then send this to the console and back into the ADC inputs. You would just need to make sure that you have the A-D button engaged on the channels that you want to send through the console. With the A-D button not pressed, the signal will go straight from ASP880 preamp to converter and ADAT output.

Let me know if you have any questions on this.

Thanks
Harry
Old 10th December 2015
  #93
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by audientworld View Post
Hi Breathing Rhythm,

Yes you will be able to do that. The analogue line outs will always be outputting audio from the preamp, you can then send this to the console and back into the ADC inputs. You would just need to make sure that you have the A-D button engaged on the channels that you want to send through the console. With the A-D button not pressed, the signal will go straight from ASP880 preamp to converter and ADAT output.

Let me know if you have any questions on this.

Thanks
Harry
Sorry to revive this old thread but I would just like to confirm something.

I believe the analogue outs and adat outs work independently?

For example I could run the preamps 8 analogue outs to the 8 ins on my interface, whilst at the same time hooking up external preamps to the balanced inserts and sending them out via the adat?

So this unit totals at 8 analogue and 8 digital outputs? totalling 16 independent mic signals?

Thanks

Last edited by jezed16; 10th December 2015 at 10:27 AM..
Old 10th December 2015
  #94
Lives for gear
 
audientworld's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezed16 View Post
Sorry to revive this old thread but I would just like to confirm something.

I believe the analogue outs and adat outs work independently?

For example I could run the preamps 8 analogue outs to the 8 ins on my interface, whilst at the same time hooking up external preamps to the balanced inserts and sending them out via the adat?

So this unit totals at 8 analogue and 8 digital outputs? totalling 16 independent mic signals?

Thanks
Hi there,

I believe I follow what you want to do here...

The analogue outs and adat outs can be split apart. Sort of as an insert point with the send as the preamp output and the return as the input to the ADC card.

So if you have an interface with 8 analogue inputs and 8 ADAT inputs that offers 16 channels of recording...

You could for example use the ASP880 preamps as 1-8, feeding the analogue send/pre out DB25 to your interface line inputs, whilst using another 880/800/boutique 8-ch analogue output preamp feeding the first 880 return dB25, that takes advantage of the on-board BB ADC card and would feed 9-16 into your interface via ADAT.

So with an external analogue only 8ch preamp, you can offer up 16ch for recording into an 8+8 interface.

However - please note that the ASP880 itself does not offer 16ch of mic pre or 16ch of ADC.

Cheers!
-Tom
Old 28th December 2017
  #95
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by audientworld View Post
We are proud to announce we are launching a new product at Musik Messe 2014. Keep your eyes peeled for more news and information.

Thanks,
Andy @ Audient
Hi

Also sorry to revive such an old thread..Quick question.....Read the Manual and understand that the unit accepts balanced trs jacks. Will it have any issue with me connecting unbalanced ts jacks from my drum machine to these trs/xlr combo inputs though?
Couldn't confirm this in the manual , usually its the case that its ok to do this but i can be quite confused a lot of the time so if any of you Audient guys or girls are still around and could confirm this is all A ok that would be great. I would find a way to go into the DB inserts and skip the pre amps for such a use as with a drum machine, but i really want to use the inserts for processing the pre amp inputs with some other external outboard so need to use the trs inputs...Will they take ts cables without issue?
Many Thanks
James
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump