The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer U-PHORIA UMC1820 Audio Interface Audio Interfaces
Old 24th March 2015
Here for the gear
At first, I decided to get the FCA1616 instead. Ordered it a week ago, but apparently the Behringer distributor in my district is going to take another week or so (total 2+ weeks) to get that in. I've already waited since January to replace my old interface, and can't wait any longer. I have jobs to do. Cancelling that order too.

Getting an Akai EIE Pro instead.
Old 26th March 2015
Here for the gear
To no surprise at all, the retailer from which I made the original order for the UMC1820, has removed it from their site.

They probably got sick of the complaints
Old 27th March 2015
Gear interested

Found this article in their facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/BEHRINGER/p...53142564968914
Old 27th March 2015
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuthia View Post
Found this article in their facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/BEHRINGER/p...53142564968914
I have a few Behringer pieces in my studio, but this really turns me off from wanting to buy any of their upcoming products.
Old 27th March 2015
Lives for gear

they are probably trying to work out ALL the bugs before it hits the streets ..FCA seems to be problematic so i guess this is aswell...
Old 28th March 2015
Gear Maniac

Dear All,
I can assure you that we are listening! We appreciate the support and enthusiasm in this thread, and apologize that this product is not yet shipping. I will follow up here as more details become available. Thanks for your patience!

Best,
John DiNicola
Manager, Customer Experience, Engagement
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER
Old 28th March 2015
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by John DiNicola View Post
Dear All,
I can assure you that we are listening! We appreciate the support and enthusiasm in this thread, and apologize that this product is not yet shipping. I will follow up here as more details become available. Thanks for your patience!

Best,
John DiNicola
Manager, Customer Experience, Engagement
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER

Hi John,

Thanks for dropping in. Do you have any comment about the distributor advising me that the UMC1820 is not even scheduled for production?

I could assume this only means one of two things: either the prototypes are buggy and need work, or there are other more profitable products to manufacture.
Old 31st March 2015
behringer pulled the same bull**** withthe UFX1604 mixer, i wanted to buy it badly like 2 years ago in 2012 + 2013.. they initially showed it at namm 2011!!!!!!!!! and it didnt get produced untill 2014 sometime..

i dont understand how a company can behave like this..
and whats more, i dont understand how they talk the dealers into acutally listing their products that dont even exist yet on their retail sites as though they are available to be purchased...

it got to be some sort of incentive that they are giving the retailers to do this crap to feel out the market.. its abusive to customers if u ask me.

whoever owns behringer needs a beat down.
Old 6th April 2015
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by John DiNicola View Post
Dear All,
Hi John,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know you're on the case. It does make a difference that you are letting us know that you're aware and willing to talk to us in this situation. Could you, however, pass on to your marketing team how aggravating it has been for many of us to have something teased for over a year with no hint of availability. I've been looking forward to getting my hands on an 1820 since it was announced the other year as I think it would make a perfect mobile counterpart to the fixed firewire system I use in the studio. I wouldn't mind the delays so much, but some retailers are giving preorder options and the behringer website strongly implies that the unit should be available for purchase now, complete with links to find the nearest stores which should have it.
The Music group buildup to NAMM this year included the unit as part of its lineup as well, but I've not been able to find any news on it for quite some time.
I'm still looking forward to the unit's release, it certainly looks like it will fill my needs almost exactly, but a lack of info is slowly killing my enthusiasm and encouraging me to go to one of your competitors. Even a distant date is better than no date at all.
Old 23rd April 2015
Here for the gear
Wren_a,

I think the fact that they're not even scheduled for production says that they're in fact NOT on the case at all.
Old 19th May 2015
Lives for gear

ETA update?

There's no PDF manual on Behringers product page, which is not a good sign.

I'd like to know if it's possible to have the S/PDIF out at 44.1 while running the rest of the unit at 96 kHz.

I'd like to get the lowest possible latency out of it (i.e., running at the high sample rate), but still have connectivity to another DAW with a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 via S/PDIF.

Also, I can't use the ADAT format (not that it would necessarily solve the problem), because I'm already using using it on the Focusrite.

And I can't run my Focusrite at 96 kHz, for other reasons.

I'd also like to know what the lowest possible latency would be with this unit.
Old 12th June 2015
Gear interested

I recently heard from the Music Group who indicated they have NO idea when it will become available. This thread started in January of 2014.... 18 months ago! I can't recall an offering from any manufacturer "delayed" for this long. I'm starting to think this item is vaporware... at best a marketing trick to gauge public demand. At worst, an attempt to torpedo similar offerings from their competitors. In any case, a disrespectful way to treat your loyal customers, IMO. Shame on you, Behringer!
Old 16th June 2015
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Farmer View Post
I recently heard from the Music Group who indicated they have NO idea when it will become available. This thread started in January of 2014.... 18 months ago! I can't recall an offering from any manufacturer "delayed" for this long. I'm starting to think this item is vaporware... at best a marketing trick to gauge public demand. At worst, an attempt to torpedo similar offerings from their competitors. In any case, a disrespectful way to treat your loyal customers, IMO. Shame on you, Behringer!
As I've already stated, I have received confirmation from a distributor that the units are not scheduled for production. Nobody from Behringer has denied this yet either.
Old 16th June 2015
Gear Head

Has anybody else noticed that the 12 volt power input looks the same as a 120 volt/ 240 volt power cord input?

It would probably be a good idea if Behringer fitted a more conventional 12 volt input before the UMC1820 goes into production.

http://www.behringer.com/assets/UMC1...p-Rear_XXL.png
Old 17th June 2015
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyote View Post
Has anybody else noticed that the 12 volt power input looks the same as a 120 volt/ 240 volt power cord input?

It would probably be a good idea if Behringer fitted a more conventional 12 volt input before the UMC1820 goes into production.

http://www.behringer.com/assets/UMC1...p-Rear_XXL.png
Probably either a typo on the render of the model, or wrong socket on the model. None of the images on the website are actual photos :p
Old 19th June 2015
Here for the gear

Bugera Veyron bass amp. Behringer have been advertising it on their site for years and it had loads of interest on bass guitar forums but never materialised. It was a blatant copy of a really popular design so we all just assumed they got nailed by copyright. Maybe they are trying to get a reputation for great products without ever actually making one.
Old 23rd June 2015
Lives for gear

The problem is, Midas pres with 96k capability .. I think they don't want to shoot them selfs in the foot quite yet I.E [email protected]
Old 8th August 2015
Lives for gear

...bump. Any news?
Old 16th August 2015
Here for the gear

Local store here said it will be available within 16 weeks :S
Old 17th August 2015
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manzara View Post
Local store here said it will be available within 16 weeks :S
I can say with 99% certainty that is completely untrue. Back in January 2015 I was told from a store it was going to be available end of February or early March. I've already accepted that it's vaporware. I've moved on.
Old 2nd November 2015
Gear Maniac
Sweetwater just called me to say March 2016. They updated their site.
Old 25th November 2015
Gear Head
Vaporware just like

the Soundcraft Signature MTK's. If this unit does hit stores in March, which I seriously doubt, it would only be 2 years and 2 months after initial launch at NAMM 2014. This is what I'm doing. Every day or two, I Google both the UMC1820, and the Soundcraft MTK's, and I click on EVERY paid ad and link I see. I've probably cost someone more than if they'd have given me one free and on time. I have an Adwords account and some of the clicks are OVER $20.00 EACH! There has to be some kind of marketing voodoo going on for companies to do this. Perhaps they're trying to hurt the competition, drive down prices, who knows. I know this. Neither Behringer or Soundcraft will NEVER get a dime of my hard earned money.

Old 26th November 2015
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by delco7 View Post
the Soundcraft Signature MTK's. If this unit does hit stores in March, which I seriously doubt, it would only be 2 years and 2 months after initial launch at NAMM 2014. This is what I'm doing. Every day or two, I Google both the UMC1820, and the Soundcraft MTK's, and I click on EVERY paid ad and link I see. I've probably cost someone more than if they'd have given me one free and on time. I have an Adwords account and some of the clicks are OVER $20.00 EACH! There has to be some kind of marketing voodoo going on for companies to do this. Perhaps they're trying to hurt the competition, drive down prices, who knows. I know this. Neither Behringer or Soundcraft will NEVER get a dime of my hard earned money.

This is the best thing I have read all day...
Old 26th November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by delco7 View Post

Can you record at 96k with the MTK? I don't think so.. But it has other cool features I guess...
Old 11th December 2015
Gear Head
The MTK thread was deleted-this one's next.

The MTK's highest sample rate is stated at 48k. Actually, of course, you can't record at ANY sample rate because the units are non-existent.

And listen to THIS!

The entire thread about the Soundcraft Signature MTK has been deleted by GS mods!

Apparently SC corporate didn't like some of the comments and complaining, of which I was a major contributor of. I don't really care for these large corporate a$$hats and their business practices. And I don't give a rats ass if they delete my account either.

GS caved and censored the thread because of advertiser pressure obviously. The fact that GS emanates from GB as does SC tells me the PC police are winning the war over there. Maybe Donald Trump is needed to shoot down the PC police in GB too.
Old 22nd December 2015
Gear Head
Hi. Does anybody know/assume if I could chain one UMC1820 to another one, using optical?
So one is slave (providing extra channels), and the other is main and connected to computer.

I could use a Behringer ADA8200, but that has only 44.1/48khz
Old 15th January 2016
Here for the gear
Unfortunately it is not possible to interconnect fictional hardware....
Old 15th January 2016
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgoulet View Post
Oh you...
Old 18th January 2016
Gear Head
good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgoulet View Post
hahahahah...good one! Vaporware to ADAT=no sound.

P.S....still clickin those paid links!
Old 26th January 2016
Gear Head
It's now the end

Of Jan. and no sign of this unit yet, and while we're on the subject, no sign of the SC MTK's either.
Oh, and btw, the UMC has no adat input, at least on the pictures, so it wouldn't be possible to chain an ADA8200 to it....to bad.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search