The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
NAMM 2014: Waves Audio Introduces the Waves Abbey Road Reel ADT
Old 3rd December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb View Post

I mean I'm glad I maintain the ability to think for myself or I would still be using UAD plugins. That's just an opinion before anyone gets upset.
Ha! Me too, but it's the reason I use almost 98 per cent UAD plugs lol

TH
Old 3rd December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB+J View Post
Did it really? I'm surprised, although I think that's just a popularity contest.

I've been thinking about it, and I think what I dislike about it is that it's really good at imitating Jon Lennon's vocal on a couple beatles tunes, but at least in my experience it sounds like ass for anything else. It's kind of my sense of Waves as a plugin company: they offer more an more "magic imitate this sound" plugins and less general tools

But it's probably just me--wait, did I mention that this may be an idiosyncratic opinion, limited only to me? Caution: this may be an idiosyncratic opinion, limited only to me. YMMV.
It's good at anything any other short delay might be used on, drums, guitars, whatever. The Beatles used it on more than John's voice. Like anything, it works in some songs, less so in others.

Like any short delay sound...

TH
Old 17th August 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
is it me or waves thread start to becoming like UAD or Slates ones ....
I'm just coming to this product, and have been reading through this thread. I was thinking this same thought just as got to your comment
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search