The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Warm Audio WA76 Limiting Amplifier!!
Old 28th May 2016 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragan View Post
How does the "commit" function work with hardware?
Printing the track and bouncing the track are different to committing. Commit to track is different and includes up hardware inserts or plugins, after or before, or all total insert effects here is a vid hope this helps you understand

Edit: in my workflow I usually commit edit selections after duplicating to a new playlist, always keeping the original in tact. Like printing a piece of a track, to free up HW insert, instead of having HW insert tied to one specific thing in a mix.

Edit #2 I use this for edit selections mainly to save time when duplicating BGV, Chorus or Hook, Adlibs, or any other type of arrangement piece that will repeat in the song.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sXRn7YCJCyA

Last edited by ChaseUTB; 28th May 2016 at 08:38 PM.. Reason: Added my workflow
Old 31st May 2016 | Show parent
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseUTB View Post
I really appreciate the quality at this price point and helping me achieve great vocal takes and truly making mixing more efficient. Not to mention the wa76 is so versatile and can be used on so many things. With PT new commit functions, this frees up my Wa76 and makes parallel compression on kick, snare, bass with the WA76 a breeze. My only regret was taking so long to purchase Thank you Warm Audio
Thanks again ChaseUTB, really great to hear!

-Bryce
Old 16th January 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Sorry if this info is buried in this thread somewhere (it's a lot of thread!) but I have a quick question: Can the output control be used to attenuate the signal? Or is it just for make-up and only increases output? Thanks
Old 16th January 2017 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontsimon View Post
Sorry if this info is buried in this thread somewhere (it's a lot of thread!) but I have a quick question: Can the output control be used to attenuate the signal? Or is it just for make-up and only increases output? Thanks
You can definitely attenuate the signal
Old 17th January 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride_the_system View Post
You can definitely attenuate the signal
Thanks. Just to be clear I don't mean the pad, but that the output pot actually lowers the output as well as increases - ie is the half way point unity??
Gear Nut

Quote:
Thanks. Just to be clear I don't mean the pad, but that the output pot actually lowers the output as well as increases - ie is the half way point unity??
Yup! I know what you meant. I don't think it's 12 o clock exactly, but it just depends how much you dial in with the input knob as well. I think it's 10 and 2 o clock on the original units.

In other words, if you dial it to 0, it'll bring down the level quite drastically .
Lives for gear
Quote:
Yup! I know what you meant. I don't think it's 12 o clock exactly, but it just depends how much you dial in with the input knob as well. I think it's 10 and 2 o clock on the original units.

In other words, if you dial it to 0, it'll bring down the level quite drastically .
Thanks a lot. I notice the 0 is fully clockwise. Is 0 full output - ie clockwise to increase? Or does it increase level counter clock wise, with 0 as the quietest level?
Gear Nut

Quote:
Thanks a lot. I notice the 0 is fully clockwise. Is 0 full output - ie clockwise to increase? Or does it increase level counter clock wise, with 0 as the quietest level?
Clockwise = volume increase, same with the input knob. I'm still absolutely in love with this unit, even after 2 years of owning it. Buy it - stop thinking about it :p
Lives for gear
Quote:
Clockwise = volume increase, same with the input knob. I'm still absolutely in love with this unit, even after 2 years of owning it. Buy it - stop thinking about it :p
I'm close. I have to wait for my tax year to play out though
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah I don't think there's really "unity" gain on any 1176. The sonics are so dependent on how hard you hit the input/output transformers, what ratio you're at, how much GR, where the release is at, etc. There are a LOT of tones to be coaxed out of 1176s, just turn the knobs and push buttons until you like what you hear.
Old 27th November 2017
Lives for gear

Added another one to the rack, one wasn’t enough during mixdown. Wish they made a two-in-one as if I wanted more they eat up a lot of rack space. 2 unit mono compressor...
Old 27th November 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckdaddy View Post
Added another one to the rack, one wasn’t enough during mixdown. Wish they made a two-in-one as if I wanted more they eat up a lot of rack space. 2 unit mono compressor...
That’s a great idea. A la 1178 or the Mohog.

I’ve got a pair of WA76 too. Love em.
📝 Reply