The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
RØDE Microphones announces the new NT1 microphone
Old 13th February 2014
  #211
Gear Addict
 
Format C: yes's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Here is a song with a great female vocalist.
All vocals done with the new Rode NT1.
Hope I haven't crushed it to much.
Attached Files

Fly.mp3 (1.36 MB, 1406 views)

Old 14th February 2014 | Show parent
  #212
Lives for gear
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Format C: yes View Post
Here is a song with a great female vocalist.
All vocals done with the new Rode NT1.
Hope I haven't crushed it to much.
Nice! Sounds great! Any male vocals clips?
Old 14th February 2014 | Show parent
  #213
Gear Addict
 
Format C: yes's Avatar
 
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krush411 View Post
Nice! Sounds great! Any male vocals clips?
Thanks,

I have a tune posted back on page 6 of this thread.
The vocals are mine. Untill I got the NT1 I was having a lot of trouble with my vocals generally had to do surgical eq's around 9k the clip on page 6 has no eq and sounds way better than any of the other mic's i have used.
I have an original NT1 which I don't really like this mic however

I haven't liked a piece of gear this much since I purchased my Ibanez gem 16 years ago. I don't have any affiliation with RODE just a paying customer but for under $300 bucks this mic is a no brainer If i had payed $3000 I would still have been happy.

Hmmm starting to sound like a add
Old 15th February 2014 | Show parent
  #214
Gear Nut
 
PianoPerson's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Format C: yes View Post
Thanks,

I have a tune posted back on page 6 of this thread.
The vocals are mine. Untill I got the NT1 I was having a lot of trouble with my vocals generally had to do surgical eq's around 9k the clip on page 6 has no eq and sounds way better than any of the other mic's i have used.
I have an original NT1 which I don't really like this mic however

I haven't liked a piece of gear this much since I purchased my Ibanez gem 16 years ago. I don't have any affiliation with RODE just a paying customer but for under $300 bucks this mic is a no brainer If i had payed $3000 I would still have been happy.

Hmmm starting to sound like a add
Dude, try using punctuation.
Old 15th February 2014 | Show parent
  #215
Lives for gear
 
DR Music's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PianoPerson View Post
Dude, try using punctuation.
Quite...

Get outta here!
Old 16th February 2014
  #216
Lives for gear
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
So I just went to set mine up, and noticed Chinese newspaper in the box under the mic! Isn't that odd?
Old 16th February 2014 | Show parent
  #217
Lives for gear
 
DR Music's Avatar
 
2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krush411 View Post
So I just went to set mine up, and noticed Chinese newspaper in the box under the mic! Isn't that odd?
Maybe the shockmount and the packaging are Chinese?
Old 17th February 2014
  #218
Lives for gear
 
zohomoho's Avatar
 
🎧 5 years
I got one the other day, a fine "shaper" source. Very well balanced and maybe vanilla sounding going in. It gives you what you put into it without bling or getting in the way. But the best thing is it takes eq well and you can get any tonality you want once it's recorded.
Old 18th February 2014 | Show parent
  #219
Lives for gear
 
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zohomoho View Post
I got one the other day, a fine "shaper" source. Very well balanced and maybe vanilla sounding going in. It gives you what you put into it without bling or getting in the way. But the best thing is it takes eq well and you can get any tonality you want once it's recorded.

i agree this thing can take some eq excellent. i rolled off about 8db on the low end just to see where it breaks up at it and it still sounded good and not thin. this baby picks up quite a bit so you want to stand back 6-8 inches at least.
Old 25th February 2014
  #220
Here for the gear
 
🎧 5 years
really hoping sound on sound magazine reviews this mic.
Old 25th February 2014
  #221
Lives for gear
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Edit//
Old 25th February 2014
  #222
Lives for gear
 
1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Just did some vocals with both the new 2014 Rode NT1 and the MXL Genesis 2. Let me know which you think sounds better:

Vocals: Genesis 2 VS. New Rode NT1
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 1139 views: 243051
Avatar for PurpleOhmAudio
PurpleOhmAudio 2 days ago
replies: 74 views: 25016
Avatar for misskah
misskah 1 week ago
replies: 154 views: 28427
Avatar for Totiana
Totiana 27th November 2020
replies: 52 views: 11992
Avatar for voiceoversteve
voiceoversteve 30th October 2019
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump