The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Garageband 10
Old 7th November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User View Post
Every single piece of content that comes with LPX is available to download in GB for a single payment of $5
You keep saying that, but it's not true.

Not even close... Added content is only 200 sounds, 2000 loops, drummers, and some lessons. (that's not even the amount of "urban" loops that are packaged into LPX.)

Old 7th November 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_fuzz View Post

You are one of the people who refuse to see the value that you've gotten and just want everything free. Sorry, but that's how you're coming across. You are willingly ignoring everything that has been discussed as available in LPX and not GBx.
Fine. You win.I refuse to see the value and just want everything for free. Thank you for summarizing my gripe so well and succinctly.
Old 7th November 2013
Gear Maniac

The way I see it is this:
If you like and/or need the the features in LP9/LPX and want to use LPX, the price is $200.
If not, you're welcome to stay in LP9 or use the $5 Garageband10 app. You can't have it both ways.
My friend who drives an Audi A5 is so jealous of me. I mean, I'm smart enough to drive a ****ty old Renault Clio that costs a fraction of what his car does. It ain't fair right?
Old 7th November 2013
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammy80 View Post
You keep saying that, but it's not true.

Not even close... Added content is only 200 sounds, 2000 loops, drummers, and some lessons. (that's not even the amount of "urban" loops that are packaged into LPX.)

"Added content". Add that to what's included with GB 10 and the file count is the same as LPX.
Old 8th November 2013
Lives for gear
It's not like they didn't warn people that 32 bit was being phased out. AU developers knew about it. The 32 bit plugin bridge was just a stop gap.

In any case you can still run 32 bit plugins using a 3rd party bridge plugin. There's a free one out there that was posted on Gearslutz as well. So it's not even really an issue.
Old 8th November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User View Post
"Added content". Add that to what's included with GB 10 and the file count is the same as LPX.
No.

It's not.

And, for the last time, you are either massively confused, highly misinformed, or just plain angry that you don't like LPX.

As I (and others) have pointed out many times now, with links to Apple as a source, it's NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Whatever is causing you to disallow yourself to believe this is not worth my time. If you'd like to continue griping about something that isn't even true, by all means, knock yourself out. Don't be surprised when people start ignoring you altogether.

peace.

Old 8th November 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammy80 View Post
No.

It's not.

And, for the last time, you are either massively confused, highly misinformed, or just plain angry that you don't like LPX.

As I (and others) have pointed out many times now, with links to Apple as a source, it's NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Whatever is causing you to disallow yourself to believe this is not worth my time. If you'd like to continue griping about something that isn't even true, by all means, knock yourself out. Don't be surprised when people start ignoring you altogether.

peace.

Yeah, I don't love LPX. It's OK but there are enough drawbacks to it in relation to LP9 to make it less of an improvement than simply a change for change's sake. The issue that I brought up in this thread is that roughly 50% of the new features offered with LPX, which cumulatively made it feel like an upgrade worth $200, are in fact free features for Garageband users. It's not that LPX is bad per se or folks don't want to pay $200 for an upgrade but that for that $200 we should get $200 worth of new features or functionality. If half those features and functions are free in other platforms, then shouldn't be counted toward $200 of value.
Old 8th November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebox View Post
When I used GB years ago I remember there were no aux channels. Is that still the case?
Anyone actually know the answer to this??
Old 12th November 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardyk View Post
Are people seriously whining about paying 200 bucks for Logic X?
Unbelievable.
I don't even want to think about how much I've paid for Logic since I started using it back in '96. Probably around 5000 USD. The ES2 alone was around 600 or so when it came out if my memory serves me well. Not to mention Space Designer. How much was that? Around 800 or something.
Logic 4 Platinum was about a 1000 USD.
Apple are pretty much giving it away these days folks. They wanna sell hardware.
If GB 10 looks like Logic, so what. Makes it easier for the young'uns to step up when the time comes.
Yep, the prices have changed.
This I paid at Thomann ten years ago.
Emagic Synth collection+EXS24, only 750 EUR
Attached Thumbnails
Garageband 10-emagic-exs24-synth-collection-29.04.2003.jpg  
Old 13th November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Dan View Post
Yep, the prices have changed.
This I paid at Thomann ten years ago.
Emagic Synth collection+EXS24, only 750 EUR
Ha ha - whoa! Now that's what I'm sayin'.
Old 13th November 2013
Gear Maniac

I'm sure there are points to be made on both sides. I have PT10, DP8 and LP9, and recently added LPX...
Fluent in all, LPX is my
daw of choice. Why? Because it happens to fit my workflow. Perhaps one could argue that PT is "better"
For mixing and editing - but for me ... Once the project starts in logic... There's no real benefit to moving over to PT to mix... Logic does just fine ...

In terms of GB... I could never mix seriously in GB, it's not made for that.- but it's certainly an awesome creative tool.... And lots of my clients have it ... Because they get it for free.... And with all that money they saved - they pay me... To do
My job a pro level.
Do I care that they have a free
Lite version of logic - heck no.

In terms of the audio market being owned by avid.... I have to chuckle.
Avid barely owns anything ..: and in less than a year ... Might night even be able to lay claim to their own stock listing.
You can't compare Avid and Apple - different companies. One knows how to make money and one knows how to loose it. Fwiw, apple has way
More, and I mean way more $$ to throw to R/d then Avid probably makes in a year. Worldwide user base of logic is consistently moving upwards- avid is unfortunately in decline. Proprietary hardware is out ... This Avid's native move ... They are in dangerous territory. Will PT survive- sure . When Avid goes belly up - maybe Behringer will
Pick up the PT banner and run with it....
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search