The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Sunset Sound S1P Tutti, 500 series pre
Old 11th December 2014
Lives for gear

I don't doubt that they sound nice, but it's too bad they look like ****.
Old 11th December 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Leaf View Post
I don't doubt that they sound nice, but it's too bad they look like ****.
Thank you very much !

If you don't like yellow, of course

I hope, now with this preamp and my Royer Labs R-122, I sounds like Elvis..... Btw, this is a joke.... grin.

R.
Old 11th December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf Ebitsch View Post
Thank you very much !

If you don't like yellow, of course

I hope, now with this preamp and my Royer Labs R-122, I sounds like Elvis..... Btw, this is a joke.... grin.

R.
Well, I'll be the first to agree that sound is most important. I recently bought the Kemper which also looks like ****, but it sounds godlike. So, I can live with that.
Old 11th December 2014
Gear Guru

I had a pair here for about a month.
I had also just gotten a pair of Capi vp28's ..Also a dual stage design with the gar 2520 op amps.
Comparatively speaking the SP1's were very musical/smooth kinda clean sounding.lovely on piano and horns.
The 28's were a little livelier more punchy,aggressive - rock n roll.(They're still here).
W/ the earlier pricing,the Capi's were less than half the cost.
Old 23rd December 2014
It has arrived.

Serial number 11 !

Love it

R.
Old 3rd April 2015
NICE MIX review of the Sunset Sound Mic Pre

Barry Rudolph did a great job detailing the Sunset Sound Tutti (named after Tutti Camarata) Discrete Mic Pre

Mix - April 2015

Attached Thumbnails
Sunset Sound S1P Tutti, 500 series pre-sunset-panel-july-28-2013.jpg  
Old 11th November 2016
Gear Nut

Anyone else have experience with the Tutti? Would love to hear this thing.
Old 11th November 2016
it's just awesome.
Old 11th November 2016
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Wolff Designs View Post
it's just awesome.
Haha!
Yes.
Old 15th November 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
it's just awesome.
Just bought one. Can't wait!
Old 20th January 2017
Here for the gear

i was curious if anybody tried the earlier models(the models S#50 and below) since they had the original 990s i believe and they ran out of them and put 990c in the rest :p for all i know it is an insignificant difference but wanted to see what people thought
Old 26th January 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacekarma View Post
i was curious if anybody tried the earlier models(the models S#50 and below) since they had the original 990s i believe and they ran out of them and put 990c in the rest :p for all i know it is an insignificant difference but wanted to see what people thought
I sort of had this question as well. My Tutti is actually #20-something , I believe, but the Jensens are labelled 990c+. Perhaps that comment (guessing we saw the same Sunset Sound tour video) about #50 and below being originals wasn't accurate.

Either way, I will say that my #20-something sounds really great and met my high expectations for it resembling what I've heard recorded there.

Would love if Tutti designer Paul Wolff, who commented above, gets a chance to chime in.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Barry Rudolph did a great job detailing the Sunset Sound Tutti (named after Tutti Camarata) Discrete Mic Pre

Mix - April 2015

I recently purchased a pair of S1P’s... they kill on vocals and guitar. Just Beautiful. I’m going to give them a go on drums very soon. Exactly the flavor I was looking for in my setup. A nice lush mid forward punch that stands up to any API pre I’ve owned.
The photos don’t give it justice - it’s not photogenic maybe... But it definitely looks cool in person. Top notch build and design.

Last edited by scorpiwoman; 2 weeks ago at 02:19 AM..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search