The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
AAE Preamp and Reverb: tube and spring
Old 21st October 2013
Gear Nut

Hardware AAE Preamp and Reverb: tube and spring

Word up. Theo at AAE has just perfected his latest brainchild:

AAE Preamp & Reverb - YouTube

Take a look/listen. Pricing is from £2k, depending on custom options, which is a steal for a handmade, point-point wired product of this quality.

AAE Preamp and Reverb

This unit accepts various input sources and amplifies them for recording purposes. An extra facility is the spring reverb section and the amplified reverb drive signal. Both of these signals can be mixed with the original signal. It is a purely analogue design using valves and transistors working on relatively high voltages (up to 320Vdc) producing high level signals, a lot of headroom.

It can be adjusted to produce clean, mildly or even heavily distorted sound. The type of harmonics generated can be even and low in order (musical) but sometimes if so desired, odd too, for harsher sound (for instance bass, drums etc.) Harmonic distortion can be combined with frequency adjustment through careful use of the gain switches/controls and the inbuilt EQ. Overdrive distortion combined with the reverb sections can also produce a variety of different sounds.

Argiriadis studio gear design London amp repair, guitar amplfiers, vintage restoration
Old 21st October 2013
Lives for gear

Congrats - Looks and sounds awesome!
Old 22nd October 2013
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwack View Post
Congrats - Looks and sounds awesome!
This one is 100% Theo's gig (I only suggested the EQ points!), so I'll pass on your positive words.
Old 22nd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypurser View Post
This one is 100% Theo's gig (I only suggested the EQ points!), so I'll pass on your positive words.
Cool - any chance you could ask him to post video/sound samples of something mic'd like a guitar amp, vocals, etc.? The synths sound great but I'm more of a mic man in my world.
Old 22nd October 2013
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwack View Post
Cool - any chance you could ask him to post video/sound samples of something mic'd like a guitar amp, vocals, etc.? The synths sound great but I'm more of a mic man in my world.
You're right, we should add a guitar demo. Theo also makes guitar amps and there's a singing teacher in his workshop's building, so consider me on the case!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search