The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
AudioTouch - C-BUSS Stereo Comp (digitally controlled)
Old 26th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribbonmicguy View Post
Hi Paul,

I will contact you via PM in Facebook or PM me your email address.

Mine is moko at bigknob dot net
Hello :-)

I've just PM'ed you on Gearslutz.

I am in Paris for the AudioDays until Sunday.
I just come back from a BIG show of the C2C ( great band from France ) : 9.000 people, and our C-BUSS on the drums buss : GREAT GREAT DRUMS !!!

Thanks,
Paul VIGUIER
Old 29th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Our booth during the AudioDays : 3 PC, one with PT, one with Cubase, one with Studio One. Great place these AudioDays in Paris. We'd like to be in the next session ( March 2014 )...

We had only great advices about our compressor, even about our digital interface, which afraid some guys at the start-only-of their test...
---

New Vids + .wav are coming this week...

----
Thanks,
Paul
Old 5th November 2013
Gear Maniac

Hello,

First test on a Drum Buss, next vids will have better cams...

AudioTouch C-BUSS : Buss Drum Part 1 - YouTube

If you have some question...

Thanks,
Paul VIGUIER
Old 5th November 2013
Lives for gear

Is this a VCA compressor?

Anyway, it looks very nice and well done! I really like what you guys and the Bettermaker folks are doing...
Old 5th November 2013
Lives for gear

Wow, what a nice unit.

I wonder where the isosonid dyness could be used for? I think more on subgroups which have their main frequencies in the middle of the frequency range, right?

From your graphs it seems the dyness is a some classic sidechain, while the isosonic seems to boost the freqs in the middle. Correct?
Old 5th November 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendermastering View Post
Is this a VCA compressor?

Anyway, it looks very nice and well done! I really like what you guys and the Bettermaker folks are doing...
Hello BenderMastering

Yes, it's an analog stereo VCA comp, with a lot of options...

If you have others questions, you're my guest

Thanks,
Paul VIGUIER
Old 5th November 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewj View Post
Wow, what a nice unit.

I wonder where the isosonid dyness could be used for? I think more on subgroups which have their main frequencies in the middle of the frequency range, right?

From your graphs it seems the dyness is a some classic sidechain, while the isosonic seems to boost the freqs in the middle. Correct?
Hello Andrewj

The Dyness mode ( alone, without the 'Isosonic' part ) is a sidechain which remove the bass from the detection of the comp. You can also NOT compress the kick drum or the bass from your Master Buss/Output...

With the 'Isosonic' in the "Dyness mode", you compress MORE the mediums on your same Master Buss/Ouput VERY useful on GTR, VOX, ... I'll make some videos about this feature

Again, if you have questions...

Thanks,
Paul VIGUIER
Old 5th November 2013
Lives for gear

Wow , finally a compressor that is digitally controlled , Both you and Bettermaker are coming out with amazing products that all the others seem to fail on . Great stuff ! Is this comp based off of anything at all or mix of styles in design ?
Old 5th November 2013
Lives for gear

Thanks Paul,

sounds like an awesome busscompressor! Do you have partners in Germany? I would love to check it out!
Old 5th November 2013
Deleted #8726
I love it! Owning several VCA compressors I find the C-Buss most versatile. The true sound quality is only by owning one in the setup, of course.

Good luck with the sales.
Old 6th November 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIEL View Post
Wow , finally a compressor that is digitally controlled , Both you and Bettermaker are coming out with amazing products that all the others seem to fail on . Great stuff ! Is this comp based off of anything at all or mix of styles in design ?
Hello Ariel,

This comp is a mix of a lot of things... hard to answer in one word

Like it's a stereo VCA, its sound reminds me the old 'FX G384' but more grainy...
When the Dyness is on, with or without the Isosonic thing, depending on the settings, it could approach, and not so far, the API2500.
But when the "Vintage" mode is on, the sound is "rounding", like the NEVE 33609 but in the "VCA comp sound" side...
And when you put Dyness + Vintage, it's an brand new sound

That's why I'll make a lot of videos ( with the best sound possible ) to try to show all what this unit is capable of...

Thanks again,
Paul VIGUIER
Old 6th November 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewj View Post
Thanks Paul,

sounds like an awesome busscompressor! Do you have partners in Germany? I would love to check it out!
Hello Andrewj,

Thanks We do have no partners yet in Germany, but as we are close ( we are in France ), I could send you one unit in the next weeks ( send me PM for more details )

Thanks,
Paul VIGUIER
Old 6th November 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by fez View Post
I love it! Owning several VCA compressors I find the C-Buss most versatile. The true sound quality is only by owning one in the setup, of course.

Good luck with the sales.
Hello Fez,

Thanks, it's quite a great VERSATILE comp yes

Indeed, it's only when you can test a rack in YOUR setup that you can know how it really sounds...

Thanks again, we are working on the sales
Paul VIGUIER
Old 6th November 2013
Lives for gear

The demo with vintage mode for drums sounded really good for effect and colour . This is the sound I want to hear for parallel compression . From your description it seems like the Compressor is more of a coloured type of compressor . Which setting would be the cleanest ?
Old 6th November 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
The demo with vintage mode for drums sounded really good for effect and colour . This is the sound I want to hear for parallel compression . From your description it seems like the Compressor is more of a coloured type of compressor . Which setting would be the cleanest ?
Hello Ariel,

One of our Beta-tester is Damien Bolo, which mixes and make master for C2C, Hocus Pocus, Electro Deluxe ( big bands from France ), and he found some pretty "à la SSL" presets that we'll give in the USB key sold with the rack

This setting is, of course, without "Dyness/Isosonic" mode ( or very little Dyness like L1 ) and without "Vintage" mode...

Thanks,
Paul VIGUIER
Old 6th November 2013
Lives for gear

Hi,

I may have missed something but I do not understand the dials/knobs (?) on the left side ("thr" up to "mix") just by looking at them. Are they touchsensitive ? Pushbuttons ?
Also - what´s up with this popup-dialog-box every time you switch presets in the videos ?
Thanks!
Old 6th November 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helge View Post
Hi,

I may have missed something but I do not understand the dials/knobs (?) on the left side ("thr" up to "mix") just by looking at them. Are they touchsensitive ? Pushbuttons ?
Also - what´s up with this popup-dialog-box every time you switch presets in the videos ?
Thanks!
Hello Helge,

Yes : it's, for every setting, one PushButton with lights (diodes) around it.
When you push on one of theses PushButtons, the only knob of the rack lights up and you can turn it to change the setting...

The popup dialog box which appears when I change the preset is to prevent the user that you just modified the preset : this box propose to save it or ignore the changes before load another preset...

I'll quickly make others vids to show all this !!

If you have others questions...

Thanks,
Paul VIGUIER
Old 12th November 2013
Gear Maniac

Hello,

As we are working hard on a bunch of videos, if you have some ".wav" to send me : I could insert them on my next vids, so you could see the C-BUSS on YOUR ".wav"

Send me MP if you want to try this

Thanks,
Paul VIGUIER
Old 12th November 2013
Here for the gear

hi, all of this sounds great
I hope to try it soon
Olivier
Old 12th November 2013
Lives for gear

What an excellent idea, and great interfacing too!
Old 13th November 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivier_c View Post
hi, all of this sounds great
I hope to try it soon
Olivier
Hello Olivier,

We'll try to make test session in France ( Paris, Toulouse, Montpellier, Lyon, Marseille ) before the end of this year...

I'll keep you in touch ( if you are in France ? )...

Thanks,
Paul VIGUIER
Old 13th November 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suda Badri View Post
What an excellent idea, and great interfacing too!
Hello

Thanks, I have to make a video which shows how to use the "one knob" interface on the frontpanel, and shows that the plug control the rack AND the rack control the plug at the same time

It should be here this WE or later

Thanks,
Paul VIGUIER
Old 14th November 2013
Lives for gear

Good to hear, And I am looking forward to seeing some more videos on this unit . Again a great concept with all the compression styles .
Old 15th November 2013
Lives for gear

So finally I found you here Paul !

Such a shame that I'm to busy OTM to check it out in Paris. But I hope to do a test drive in beginning 2014.

This is just makes things working better and better. My analoog volume controlled summer has automation/recall from Protools, My EQ's (Bettermakers) and now stereobus comp around the corner. And people saying that digital is not working out.. right.

Only what I want to point out for V1.2 of the C-buss. USB /midi. Like Sum:mation and Bettermaker. Just a big usb with all the hardware to it.
Oh oh oh.. and make a mono 500 comp with only 3 settings. VCA/Opto/Dyness+ thing.
Old 15th November 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Good to hear, And I am looking forward to seeing some more videos on this unit . Again a great concept with all the compression styles .
Hello Ariel,

Thanks again The vids are coming next week, I'll keep you in touch

Thanks,
Paul VIGUIER
Old 15th November 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMauce View Post
So finally I found you here Paul !

Such a shame that I'm to busy OTM to check it out in Paris. But I hope to do a test drive in beginning 2014.

This is just makes things working better and better. My analoog volume controlled summer has automation/recall from Protools, My EQ's (Bettermakers) and now stereobus comp around the corner. And people saying that digital is not working out.. right.

Only what I want to point out for V1.2 of the C-buss. USB /midi. Like Sum:mation and Bettermaker. Just a big usb with all the hardware to it.
Oh oh oh.. and make a mono 500 comp with only 3 settings. VCA/Opto/Dyness+ thing.
Hello LeMauce

Others versions of our C-BUSS are planned I'll tell you more when you'll try this comp
And others products are coming too... can't tell more right now

Hoping we'll see in Paris some day ( the next AudioDays are in March, we'll be there !!! ).

Thanks,
Paul VIGUIER
Old 18th November 2013
Gear Maniac

Hello,

I had on the phone yesterday one of our first customers...

I have been pleasantly surprised : he compared his own 33609 and his C-BUSS, and guess what : he found that the two units had the same sound...

We tried to emulate the same sound with different circuit... It's a surprise for us at AudioTouch to be so close from the original unit

This client is NOT a beginner ( 20 years to mix and record in its own studio, he owns 5 Summits -DCL200 ans EQP200- a Manley VariMu and several Weiss units, among others big references... ).

Interesting... I'll try to get its presets for the "33609" sound

I'd like to find here in France another Customer who have an API 2500... It could be fun too... as we already have compare with an SSL FX G384

Thanks
Paul VIGUIER
Old 21st November 2013
Lives for gear

That is amazing that you designed this unit to have more than just one sound . Really cool design , I don't know how you guys do it !
Old 22nd November 2013
Gear Maniac

Hello,

For the people talking french, our site is now up : AudioTouch - Innovative Audio Products
English version should be here mi-December, after our new vids :-)

Thanks,
Paul VIGUIER
Old 22nd November 2013
Gear Maniac

Hello,

Here is the second video of our C-BUSS :
AudioTouch C-BUSS : Acoustic guitars BUSS - YouTube

More to come, quickly...

Thanks,
Paul VIGUIER
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search