The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
iZotope Announces Nectar® 2
Old 17th October 2013
News Desk Editor

iZotope Announces Nectar® 2

iZotope Inc., a leading audio technology company, has announced the next version of iZotope's award-winning vocal processing technology, Nectar. Coming in October 2013, Nectar 2 will bring the best of digital innovation and analog character into a complete set of tools specifically for voice.

"We were excited to revisit what made Nectar so ideal as a vocal processing plug-in," says Brett Bunting, Product Manager for iZotope Inc. "We've spent a lot of development time incorporating new ideas designed with our users in mind. Nectar 2 users won't believe how quickly they'll be able to recreate classic vocal sounds or invent brand new ones."

With Nectar 2, add character to tracks with modeled plate reverb, harmonic saturation, and new creative effects. Stay in tune, remove distracting breaths without the need for audio editing, transform a single vocal take into a harmonized ensemble, and much more.

Highlighted Features
  • Add harmonies to vocal tracks with the new Harmonizer. Play with intelligent automatic settings or define your own with a MIDI controller.
  • Add space and character to vocals with the EMT 140-modeled Plate Reverb module, featuring a unique saturation control to emulate the original plate's preamp.
  • Finesse vocal takes quickly with the new Pitch Editor and Breath Control plug-ins.
  • Explore seven new creative effects in the new FX module.
  • Dive in with a streamlined Overview panel for simple adjustments and added metering for visual feedback.
  • Choose from 150+ new presets in styles that range from classic to modern.

Pricing
Customers who purchased Nectar after August 1, 2013 will receive a free upgrade to Nectar 2 upon release.

Special upgrade pricing will be available for all previous Nectar and Nectar Elements customers upon release.

Availability

Compatibility
Nectar 2 can be used as plug-ins in your favorite host. Supported plug-in formats include 64-bit AAX (Pro Tools 11), RTAS/AudioSuite (Pro Tools 7.4-10), VST, VST 3, and Audio Unit.

Link : iZotope Nectar 2 | OVERVIEW
Old 17th October 2013
great plate, saturation drives harder , good plug
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Addict

From upgrade email just sent:

Bring your vocal tracks to life.

From quick corrections to limitless creativity, the redesigned Nectar 2 treats your voice to sweet results. Get professional vocals in an instant with the next generation of Nectar.
The new Nectar 2 Production Suite includes the Nectar 2 plug-in plus two additional plug-ins:

• Add impact with the new EMT 140-modeled Plate Reverb.
• Transform a single vocal line into a harmonized ensemble.
• Expand your vocal palette with the wild new FX module.
• Rapidly audition different vocal sounds with 150+ presets.
• Keep your tracks smooth and in tune with dedicated Pitch Editor and Breath Control plug-ins.

Nectar 2 Standard Edition is the new Nectar 2 plug-in without the additional Breath Control and Pitch Editor plug-ins.

Standard upgrade is $79 until Oct 30
Production Suite is $99 until Oct 30

After October 30, each goes up $20
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

Impressed with Nectar 2 Production suite demo, Great job Izopte! So far i'm loving the Plate reverb, Harmonizer and Creative-FX module. Have yet to explore some of the other modules but so far i'm sold. My compliments to the chef!
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

Just what we need .

Another piece of software to help bad singers sound like our teenagers fave popstars.

If some of these artists learned to sing in tune and remember and write more than a chorus or even 2 verses would be nice.

Pitch editor looks like waves tune.

Admittedly Izotope is on top of the game and this product should sell well.

Helps producers with time and budget constraints.

Is the average engineer getting lazier or is there something that this product can do that perhaps a piece of hardware can't.

Yes I understand it gives us choices but is too many a good or bad thing.

Cheers
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Addict

Just trailing this thing Wow
sold thanks izotope what a time saver
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

Anybody know wich store has the best price on Nectar 2 Production suite? I know on Ebay a couple stores have a 'best offer' option wich means they'll go lower than $219, but how low i don't know yet, might not be as low as i like since Ebay gets a cut of the sellers money. If anyone know of a store with a great price let me know. A better bargain may take away some of the sting from purchasing this 'must-have' plugin.
Old 19th October 2013
Gear Addict

Try plugindiscounts. Tony in a mod here but also runs a great plugin online store.
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear

Just downloaded this, bought direct from their online company store. My gratitude for their powerful creation tool is worth far more than the extra 20 30 bucks I could save buying from eBay or discount shops. 219$. So worth it.
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneHall View Post
Just downloaded this, bought direct from their company store. My gratitude for their powerful creation tool is worth far more than the extra 20 30 bucks I could save buying from eBay or discount shops. 219$. So worth it.
Old 21st October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Format C: yes View Post
Try plugindiscounts. Tony in a mod here but also runs a great plugin online store.
Thanks! Will add them to the list. I was hoping that someone that bought Nectar 2 Production suite at a very low price would let me know amount and source so i would'nt have to go contacting/bothering the usual suspects. Nice to know where a killer deal is at without having to go digging and possibly not finding, but i see work needs to be done.

@GeneHall , i agree totally Nectar 2 is worth ALOT more than what it's being sold for, its just some of us are on a very tight budget and whatever savings we get at purchase can be all the difference in the world. Sometimes even the difference between being able to buy something or not. No fault on Izotope of course just a shortage with the potential customer. I agree with you all day long about Izotope releasing products that have high value and low costs, they're a brilliant and beyond fair company. I've supported them ALOT over the years financially and loving them even more in recent years.
Old 21st October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounddesigner View Post
Thanks! Will add them to the list. I was hoping that someone that bought Nectar 2 Production suite at a very low price would let me know amount and source so i would'nt have to go contacting/bothering the usual suspects. Nice to know where a killer deal is at without having to go digging and possibly not finding, but i see work needs to be done.

@GeneHall , i agree totally Nectar 2 is worth ALOT more than what it's being sold for, its just some of us are on a very tight budget and whatever savings we get at purchase can be all the difference in the world. Sometimes even the difference between being able to buy something or not. No fault on Izotope of course just a shortage with the potential customer. I agree with you all day long about Izotope releasing products that have high value and low costs, they're a brilliant and beyond fair company. I've supported them ALOT over the years financially and loving them even more in recent years.
Yeah they are fantastic!
I've read some of that Tony guys posts and that turned me off buying from him completely, otherwise I might be in there with you!

This version of Nectar surpassed every expectation I could have had. Because I mainly build up demos, these short cut tools make my life a breeze and the sonic structure of my tracks is on par with stuff one would normally spend more than a few hours chaining together.
The EMT reverb is simply exquisite in beauty of tone and functionality.
I do not generally use plugin in presets, but these included in 2.0 are impossible to ignore. Dollar for dollar, one of the most effective tools money can buy imho.
Old 21st October 2013
Lives for gear

Demoed Nektar 1 and really didn't like it as I thought it made the vocals sound brittle and harsh. Nektar 2 is completely amazing though. Wow! The harmony algorithm is one of the best I've heard and it's possible to get a warm vocal sound now plus the Plate sounds fantastic. Certainly an object of desire for me now.

Great job!
Old 21st October 2013
Lives for gear

Has anyone yet compared the plate sounds to those in the UAD EMT 140? Or to the vnxt 140 for Nebula?
Old 21st October 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvyn View Post
Demoed Nektar 1 and really didn't like it as I thought it made the vocals sound brittle and harsh. Nektar 2 is completely amazing though. Wow! The harmony algorithm is one of the best I've heard and it's possible to get a warm vocal sound now plus the Plate sounds fantastic. Certainly an object of desire for me now.

Great job!
I agree dident like nectar1 same reason. Nectar 2 is a whole nother ball game.

been recording a girl for the past couple of weeks put nectar on her latest track didend say anything her response "WOW my vocals sound fantastic what did you do?"
Thanks izotope.
Old 21st October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoodle View Post
Has anyone yet compared the plate sounds to those in the UAD EMT 140? Or to the vnxt 140 for Nebula?
The difference between the Izotope and UAD2 versions of EMT are less, than more.
Hard to say which is better, both are pretty awesome!
That said,
I'm starting to think the Izotope is every bit as good as the UAD.
Regardless, I'm favouring the Izo right now. Far less CPU smackage compared to Nectar 1.
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah they are fantastic!
I've read some of that Tony guys posts and that turned me off buying from him completely, otherwise I might be in there with you!

This version of Nectar surpassed every expectation I could have had. Because I mainly build up demos, these short cut tools make my life a breeze and the sonic structure of my tracks is on par with stuff one would normally spend more than a few hours chaining together.
The EMT reverb is simply exquisite in beauty of tone and functionality.
I do not generally use plugin in presets, but these included in 2.0 are impossible to ignore. Dollar for dollar, one of the most effective tools money can buy imho.

I agree with you about this version of Nectar surpassing expectations. This is true for me as well. I demo'd version 1 of Nectar and passed on it cause frankly it did'nt sound that good to me, but version two makes it definitely more mature and i can clearly see the vision Izotope has for it now. V2 is expanded with some high quality modules and overall just sounds better and far more versatile than before. Nectar has grown into a beast with V2 and Izotope has sent a clear message to the market that they are not playing. That they are true heavy-weight champs with products that get more versatile and better sounding overtime, thus more beastly. The many high quality algorithms in the all-in-one shell at a great price i believe will get tuffer and tuffer to compete with overtime. I know Slate Digital has seen the importance of a all-in-one with their latest plugin release, but Izotope has been doing this a long long time and their plugins benifit from many many years of development.

I never really look into presets but since you praised V2 presets so much i'll give them a shot.

Regarding Izotope plate vs uad; I had the uad plate 140 long ago and while it's a good reverb i never got the satisfaction and excitement out of it that i've been getting from demoing Izotope's Nectar plate. I never cared that much for the uad plate and thus had no problem selling my cards. I had Wizooverb, SCOPE's reverbs and later Empty 250 to get by on and felt like i was not truly missing anything and was just fine (especially since i generally don't like owning too many of any type plugins). This Nectar plate has something that's a bit more magic to it. Not only is the tone really nice with Nectar's plate but there really is a 'true sense of space' present in the reverb. Izotope did a great job with the Plate and i really really desire it. The Creative-FX module and Harmonizer (as well as other modules) are highly impressive also. Nectar is one of the most powerfullest and impressive and complete all-in-one plugins i've seen.

I ended up buying my copy of Nectar yesterday cause it pretty much was a must-have in my book. I could'nt see carrying on without it after falling in love with it. I paid $190 for the Nectar Prduction suite and i deem it as a great investment, one of my best ones this year.
Old 23rd October 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Nectar is one of the most powerfullest and impressive and complete all-in-one plugins i've seen.

I ended up buying my copy of Nectar yesterday cause it pretty much was a must-have in my book. I could'nt see carrying on without it after falling in love with it. I paid $190 for the Nectar Prduction suite and i deem it as a great investment, one of my best ones this year.
+1

I have been using this for 5 days and still blown away. Mite still be in the honeymoon period but its looking like Izotope has just moved the goal posts IMHO.
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

I'm still blown away by how rich and detailed this powerful.plug is. I can't seem to make it sound "bad". Such a smooth powerful tool.
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Just downloaded this, bought direct from their online company store.
This is a good way of doing business for software these days. Sticking brick and mortar retailers with cardboard boxes and DVDs that become worthless once a major update is released should be a thing of the past.

That said, manufacturers should adopt a way to have NFR workstations with registered IP addresses and allow a store to get paid for customers who demo a product in store with assistance of a knowledgeable sales person via some coupon code that can be redeemed later.

There are some things that don't usually require a visit to a local store but this type of program may both help sales and lighten the manufacturers support load.

Customer service should be rewarded when it is good. For me, it brings me into a store more than most any product does.
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
I agree with you about this version of Nectar surpassing expectations. This is true for me as well. I demo'd version 1 of Nectar and passed on it cause frankly it did'nt sound that good to me, but version two makes it definitely more mature and i can clearly see the vision Izotope has for it now. V2 is expanded with some high quality modules and overall just sounds better and far more versatile than before. Nectar has grown into a beast with V2 and Izotope has sent a clear message to the market that they are not playing. That they are true heavy-weight champs with products that get more versatile and better sounding overtime, thus more beastly. The many high quality algorithms in the all-in-one shell at a great price i believe will get tuffer and tuffer to compete with overtime. I know Slate Digital has seen the importance of a all-in-one with their latest plugin release, but Izotope has been doing this a long long time and their plugins benifit from many many years of development.

I never really look into presets but since you praised V2 presets so much i'll give them a shot.

Regarding Izotope plate vs uad; I had the uad plate 140 long ago and while it's a good reverb i never got the satisfaction and excitement out of it that i've been getting from demoing Izotope's Nectar plate. I never cared that much for the uad plate and thus had no problem selling my cards. I had Wizooverb, SCOPE's reverbs and later Empty 250 to get by on and felt like i was not truly missing anything and was just fine (especially since i generally don't like owning too many of any type plugins). This Nectar plate has something that's a bit more magic to it. Not only is the tone really nice with Nectar's plate but there really is a 'true sense of space' present in the reverb. Izotope did a great job with the Plate and i really really desire it. The Creative-FX module and Harmonizer (as well as other modules) are highly impressive also. Nectar is one of the most powerfullest and impressive and complete all-in-one plugins i've seen.

I'm sure this is not very scientific, however, I ran a test inside a demo I'm working on.
Don't laugh.
Copy and pasted a vocal track(mono of course),
created a 2nd [temporary] vocal bus, 1 with Nectar 2 plate only, the other bus with the UAD2 EMT.

On stereo busses, I was quite shocked at difference between the 2 plugs using relative settings (Pre-d,tail,diffusion etc).
I thought they would be close, now I think the UAD EMT is greatly lacking overall depth and Seems to be noticeably "noisier". Noise in a verb is not necessarily a bad thing to me, on the Master bus it tends to aid in slight blurring during the final gluing process.
The Nectar2 has a depth and colour to it I find hard to define in my limited audio language. It feels cozy, surreal, enchanting, dark yet not cloaking. Refined and tasteful.
Side by side, the EMT from UAD fails to impress, imvho.

Also, placing both of these verbs directly on the channel and auditioning in SOLO, again, I will take the Nectar over the UAD EMT for vocal treatment without question.
On the Master bus, I'm going to try it pitted against my beloved 224 plugin.
Just thought I'd share this.
The Izotope Nectar2 is no one trick pony that is for sure.
I'm messing with the delay that comes in N2, again...,this sounds world class and highly usable in more ways than simply vox. I'm in love with this Nectar 2 & again considering dumping my UAD plugs. The Valhalla could do enough for me to let go of the 224 plug I always run to, well, used to.:D
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

I tried Nectar 2. The over the top hyperbole in this thread is common with a new plugin. It's good. The high end boost on the eq is quite harsh in comparison to many of the newer eq plugins. The autotune with built in key detector is a great little option. The saturation is okay. Can only use a touch before it gets overly digital sounding. The delay lacks filters, dual mono, and other options needed. Not too many options on the reverb but it's more than usable (I'm a Lexicon/Revibe user and love reverb edit options). The de-eeser is very good. The compressor is okay. The harmonizer can give you the eventide/waves doubler microshift. There is a CPU hit when using many modules in the chain. A nice all in one tool.
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by work2do View Post
I tried Nectar 2. The over the top hyperbole in this thread is common with a new plugin. It's good. The high end boost on the eq is quite harsh in comparison to many of the newer eq plugins. The autotune with built in key detector is a great little option. The saturation is okay. Can only use a touch before it gets overly digital sounding. The delay lacks filters, dual mono, and other options needed. Not too many options on the reverb but it's more than usable (I'm a Lexicon/Revibe user and love reverb edit options). The de-eeser is very good. The compressor is okay. The harmonizer can give you the eventide/waves doubler microshift. There is a CPU hit when using many modules in the chain. A nice all in one tool.
..I'm not experiencing much of a CPU smack, even when changing presets, it remains pretty solid.
I agree on the pitch correction, I'm blessed to work with a singer who is usually right on the money, and the few cents correction that did occur, were less noticeable than stand out.
The delay turned out to be less than I had hoped but still, this is a very very good plugin.
Reverb parameter adjustments would be nice, but it's a nice verb used in moderation.
Well done Izotope.
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

Also, try out the Decimate and Overdrive effects on Vocals in the FX module.

They are lots of fun to use to grunge/destroy vocals ... you can get some vocoder like vocals with a bit of tweaking these parameters. Very handy for special effects

So far love this plug-in.

Great job iZotope

I would love to see iZotope develop a high-quality, easy to use, and very flexible VOCODER plug-in.

Cheers,
Muziksculp
Old 25th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:

The Nectar2 has a depth and colour to it I find hard to define in my limited audio language. It feels cozy, surreal, enchanting, dark yet not cloaking. Refined and tasteful.
Side by side, the EMT from UAD fails to impress, imvho.

Also, placing both of these verbs directly on the channel and auditioning in SOLO, again, I will take the Nectar over the UAD EMT for vocal treatment without question.
Audio characteristics often are'nt easy to describe, but you did just fine. That 'depth' you hear in Nectar's Plate is what i hear as well and i know what you mean.

This is not just some honeymoon phase with Nectar that causes the praises from me. I've been out here a long time doing what i'm doing now in the Audio field and like to think i've gained some experience and ear training on the way, and thus generally can spot a winner (particularly for self wants/needs and certain demographics). Nectar has ALOT of effects modules and sub-modules many of wich are of VERY good sound quality, a good all-in-one-plugin concept for workflow, and at a great price, that ratio makes it a very powerfull and special plugin in my book. I'm aware that how Nectar rates can vary from person to person as 'mileage often varies' but i'm fairly sure most who try it will find alot of good things about it, my belief of course.

On another note, it seems Nectar 2 was named "Best of show" at AES 135. So many were impressed by it.

QUOTE from Izotope: " Nectar 2 Wins Best of Show

Thank you to the Pro Sound Network for naming Nectar 2 Production Suite “Best of Show” at AES 135!

The editorial staff of Pro Sound News and Pro Audio Review, with assistance from the editors of sister titles Mix and Audio Media, comb the exhibit halls of the pro audio industry’s major trade shows for new and noteworthy products to name “Best of Show.”

This year at AES, Nectar 2 impressed PSN with its EMT 140-modeled plate reverb, MIDI-controllable Harmony module, dedicated Pitch Editor and Breath Control plug-ins, and more. " END QUOTE

EDTED: Some spelling corrections.
Old 4th November 2013
Lives for gear

I have never tried Nectar before but keep hearing about it.. Is the reverb best for vocals right now or maybe close. Looking for a great reverb for vocals that i can just use as a go to reverb
Old 4th November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioman View Post
I have never tried Nectar before but keep hearing about it.. Is the reverb best for vocals right now or maybe close. Looking for a great reverb for vocals that i can just use as a go to reverb
The Nectar 2 plate reverb is the best plate emulation i've heard thus far and currently Nectar's reverb is my favorite Native reverb (regardless of reverb type). It's very nice on vocals. There are several video's out there demonstrating Nectar 2 on vocals. Below is a Youtube link to many videos and some have Vocals being processed with the Nectar 2 reverb. Also demo it yourself.

nectar 2 izotope - YouTube

PS. If you go to Youtube to check out the videos make sure the ones you check out say Nectar 2 and not just Nectar, since version one of Nectar is irrelevant.
Old 5th November 2013
Gear Addict
Gotta say, played with it a little, and compared to Nebula 140, for my taste and ears, nothing touches the Nebula 140, yet!
But thats for me.

Otherwise, its seems to be a pretty deep tool to fiddle with whatever you couldnt or didnt do on the way in.
For delay and reverb id turn elsewhere.
The harmonything is pretty cool..
Ever since i started recording vocals thru UA LA610, everything kind of sits really nice in pretty much all mixes.
https://static.gearslutz.com/board/im...lies/smile.gif
Old 5th November 2013
Lives for gear

A Fantastic tool for vocals... everything Nektar1 wasn't.
Thanks to Tony Belmont at Plug In Discounts for a great price. Don't really understand some of the negative comments here as my dealings with Tony have always been great. He's very accomodating and does his best to make sure you get the best price possible.
Old 6th November 2013
Lives for gear

Wow there really sounds like some salesmen in here. Seriously.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search