The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
iZotope Announces Nectar® 2
Old 6th November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpec1 View Post
Wow there really sounds like some salesmen in here. Seriously.

Nothing to say about the product of discussion? Is Nectar 2 good or bad or do you simply wish to attack other users and spread hate? Let's not derail a thread, everyone should be entitled to their opinions and beliefs on the subject of discussion without being attacked and a thread should be allowed to remain on-topic without being derailed wich is what's now beginning to happen due to your comment.

I personally try to post only in threads of gear i love to use, if i did'nt love using the product and or was not enthusiastic over it than i would'nt be in that thread posting. I go where i'm happy not where i'm irritated/angered/saddened/etc . There's many threads of many products i think are VERY overrated but i let the musicians/engineers in those threads be happy and stay out those threads posting-wise, especially since there's more than enough thread derailment and combative behavior on internet forums, and because it's best to do things guilt-free and the right way. No need to add to what's far too common and sub-par to on-topic healthy discussion. The internet and the whole world is bad enough without our help.

EDITED
Old 6th November 2013
Lives for gear

If giving well deserved kudos to a product is misconstrued as a sales pitch then so be it. Nectar 1 was really not worth investing in but credit must go to Izotope for the amazing improvements they've made with Nectar 2. I'm very picky when it comes to vocal effecters and they definitely got it right. So I bought it and praise it. Hallelujah!
Old 6th November 2013
Lives for gear

I have to say, I have watched a few videos of peps using this tool and not one of them sounds any good to me. I know lots of peps use it but the vids defo dont sell the product...
Old 6th November 2013
Lives for gear

Try the demo... The videos are pretty lame.
Old 24th November 2013
Lives for gear

Dayum, this is a really good plugin and workflow improver.
Old 24th November 2013
Brb
Gear Addict

this plug in is amazing, nectar 1 on roids
Old 25th November 2013
It's a really great plug. Definitely a go to for vocals. My only wishes are that it had shorter reverb times down to about .5 sec and stereo delays to get the vocal wide if you need it. Also, some of the nomenclature is weird. Calling one compressor "analog" and another "digital" tells me more about the digital and almost nothing about the analog. Yea, you can use your ears but it's nice to name something more like it's specicifically intended sound begin with IMHO. They do have an optical type compressor that is named properly and sounds great. Also, some of the names of the saturation algorithms are a bit generic and I keep forgetting what they sound like when I come back to the ply after a few days. Bottom like this is nit picky stuff for an amazing plug. I have most every Izotope plug now and i think these guys are on the short list for top plug in developers. :-)

Having said all this, I actually like Nectar's EMT-140 better than the UAD. Surprising how different they sound actually.
Old 11th February 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertgeorge View Post
It's a really great plug. Definitely a go to for vocals. My only wishes are that it had shorter reverb times down to about .5 sec and stereo delays to get the vocal wide if you need it. Also, some of the nomenclature is weird. Calling one compressor "analog" and another "digital" tells me more about the digital and almost nothing about the analog. Yea, you can use your ears but it's nice to name something more like it's specicifically intended sound begin with IMHO. They do have an optical type compressor that is named properly and sounds great. Also, some of the names of the saturation algorithms are a bit generic and I keep forgetting what they sound like when I come back to the ply after a few days. Bottom like this is nit picky stuff for an amazing plug. I have most every Izotope plug now and i think these guys are on the short list for top plug in developers. :-)

Having said all this, I actually like Nectar's EMT-140 better than the UAD. Surprising how different they sound actually.
Does it allow you to put the reverb on a send?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search