The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
HeadlessBuddha Samples(freebie) - Coffee Cups Percussion
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Head

HeadlessBuddha Samples(freebie) - Coffee Cups Percussion

Hello guys!
We're releasing a new Kontakt Instrument right now. We sampled a set of five coffee cups. Let me tell you a story.

We on HeadlessBuddha love coffee almost as much as we love vintage gear.
Once upon a time, I was listening to some of my recorded ideias for a new psychedelic rock project while having a cup of coffee and started drumming almost automatically while the song kept going. The ideia for the Coffee Time Series came from this moment. I thought:
- Hey, I have a lot of cups around the house! I could make an awesome percussion instrument with it!
So I got five of these cups in different sizes, weights, and materials and recorded a track for my new song (which still unreleased). After doing that, I thought it would be useful to make a Kontakt instrument out of these five cups, and so I made it. I got my little spoon and experimented with it by hitting the cups in different positions and different areas.

Coffee Cups Percussion consists of:
92 Samples (six different combinations of spoon position and cup area on each of the five cups and three velocity layers on each combination plus two effects)
1 Kontakt instrument
15.5 MB
44.1kHz/16 bit .wav format
All recorded on an old cassette tape recorder. It's kinda raw, I cleaned it up a little bit but it didn't seem right to make the samples too clean. Listen to it below

You can get your free download at http://sellfy.com/p/LumZ/
You just have to share it on Facebook or Twitter. This offer goes until saturday midnight only, when we will put up our new website.
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Is it possible to download it if you don't have any social network account?
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapsang View Post
Is it possible to download it if you don't have any social network account?
Yeah, I sent you a pm with a link.

I forgot to say it includes 17 of our personal impulse responses. It probably makes some difference when deciding if you want to download it or not. At least it would for me.
Old 19th October 2013
Gear Head

Hey guys, today is the last day you can get Coffee Cups Percussion for free. Enjoy it!
Our website was launched yesterday. Check it out!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search