AES-NY: AwTAC Panner Summing 500 Module

Awesome Transistor Amplifier Company, presents Panner Summing Module

Panner is:
  • single width 500 module
  • Stand-alone line level summing module for any line level signal
  • Stereo Panner
  • Silent Opto-attenuator Mute
  • buffer to accept long throw analog faders

With these summing modules, you can build a passive summing mixer one channel at a time. Our circuit has a very high input impedance, so it can accept a buss or line signal, instrument level not requiring gain (like a synth) and also will accept a fader.

With a rack of panners you can be summing out of the box on a stereo buss with stereo panning, mute AND a long throw analog fader.

This isn't like mixing on a console. It is the mix buss/ fader buffer from a console. Just add a mic pre for tracking or the output of your DAW for mixing.

As usual there is a comprehensive tome of info on our website:

Awesome Transistor Amplifier Company - AwTAC

You can link directly to the product page here.

If you are coming to AES this week, stop by and check it out! We're in booth 2756 with Purple Audio and Shiny Box Microphones, across the aisle from Microtech Gefell.
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

1272ish?
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Addict

nothing at all to do with a 1272.

could this please be moved back to the new product announcement forum?
Old 19th October 2013
Gear Addict

Stop by our booth to check out our new mono FET compressor prototype on display, should be available in December 2013.
Attached Thumbnails
AES-NY: AwTAC Panner Summing 500 Module-imageuploadedbygearslutz1382196355.843575.jpg  
Old 20th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Looks great!
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

So it can accept a fader right. Stupid question. How would one do that - like exactly. I know you can get a P&G fader, and then what? Im interested in your modules from the outset except I dont need pres.
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

Met the guys at Awtac today.. Nice guys that answered a ton of questions. So passionate about music..

Keep up the good work.
Old 20th October 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogma View Post
So it can accept a fader right. Stupid question. How would one do that - like exactly. I know you can get a P&G fader, and then what? Im interested in your modules from the outset except I dont need pres.
Each channel amp has a fader loop, you can access this via the TRS jack on a Purple Audio Sweet Ten, Radial Workhorse or RTZ audio racks. Tip is the send, ring is receive. This wires to the top and wiper of a 10K fader.

The panners are very high impedance and are basically fader buffers, so you can take the output of your mic pre (for tracking) or daw (for mixing) and send that to the top of a fader and take the wiper and send that to the input of the panner.

Pretty simple. Highly effective.

While the pre in the Channel Amp is pretty amazing, we designed the module with mixing in mind.

Nice to chat today Heyman! And thanks for the kind words SamPura!
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

Thanks for the reply. But in my case and all others that dont have those racks thats not an option - is that correct? I have a Tonelux V4
Old 20th October 2013
Gear Addict

correct, you need a rack that has a third connection for the fader loop with a channel amp.
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

Thats a damn shame - good luck with your products
Old 25th October 2013
Lives for gear

I don't know about the Tonelux, but I'd bet it wouldn't be hard to add those connections on any 500 series rack slot, or even directly to the module itself. Got an iron?
Old 25th October 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by antithesist View Post
I don't know about the Tonelux, but I'd bet it wouldn't be hard to add those connections on any 500 series rack slot, or even directly to the module itself. Got an iron?
That's true, but you won't get any manufacturer to warranty such mods.
Old 25th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EisenAudio View Post
That's true, but you won't get any manufacturer to warranty such mods.
That's true, though a little ironic coming from someone who I'm guessing has probably modded everything under the sun, including the sun.

Different times, these. Yeah, stick with the supported racks, I guess. Sometimes you've just got to go for it, though.

EDIT: My tech just reminded me that you probably shouldn't work on anything unless you can fix it. Although, that's never stopped me.
Old 25th October 2013
Gear Addict

It's a very simple matter to drill a hole in a rack and solder a cable to a connector, if those are the types of things that are simple for you to do. Jens' point is that IF you did this you would void your warranty.

Much easier for the average guy out there to just sell the rack he's got and get one designed to work with our designs out of the box. With the bundled pricing we offer, we make this lateral move completely painless.

Just so there is no confusion, this discussion is in regards to using a channel amp with an external fader. Channel amps will work in any 500 rack they'll mount in. Panners require a 500 rack with a TRS connector.

Easy Peasy.
Old 26th November 2013
Lives for gear

I see the panner summer does 48 channels and the channel amplifier "only" does 20. What's the difference ? Just curious,that's all.
Old 27th November 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter8 View Post
I see the panner summer does 48 channels and the channel amplifier "only" does 20. What's the difference ? Just curious,that's all.
No difference. We'd only tested up to 20 channels when the Channel Amplifier was released is all. Had to revisit this spec for Panner, and found that 48 channels was safe. The two busses are compatible - same summing resistor value - so you can mix with any combination of cross patched channel amps and panners.
Old 27th November 2013
Lives for gear

Cool, thanks.
Old 29th November 2013
Gear Addict

We are having a %10 sale off all orders through 2 December 2013. Store - AwTAC
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search