The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Strymon Big Sky
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

Strymon Big Sky

Looks like their Blue Sky reverb got the "timeline" treatment and got bumped up to a more featured pedal in a bigger box.

Sounds nice so far.

BigSky - Multidimensional Reverberator - Reverb Pedal

Regards,
Frank
Old 17th October 2013

Damn amazing. Could be a real winner and possibly inspire me to put my crusty DL4 to sleep for good!

Paul
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Yeah, a lot of those examples sounded really good. It's amazing what a pedal and a single SHARC chip can pull off these days. I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't interested!

Regards,
Frank
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

Over 690 views and only one comment aside from mine? I thought people loved Strymon around these parts. And people around here always seem to be up for another reverb!

I'm kind of surprised this pedal hasn't interested more people.

Regards,
Frank
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

Blue Sky owner here...love it! Damn, guess I will need to sell it to grab the new kid on the block. Anyone wanna buy a Blue Sky?
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Nut

Looks and sounds gorgeous ! I love Strymon.
Old 18th October 2013
Here for the gear

Yeah, I preordered it. I'm such a sucker.
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Addict

I would actually love to mangle some vocals through this sucker.
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

I love the idea of having knobs for the reverb controls! It's a pedal with more hands on control than many rack reverbs!

I'm thinking heavily about pre-ordering as well.

Regards,
Frank
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Nut

Yup- I'm in. Going to pre-order mine, Strymon are amazing.
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Addict

Would be awesome if Strymon made some great 19" rack models of their pedals wouldn't you guys agree?

I'm not a guitar player. I like my outboard effects to be placed in racks in the nicest way possible. My guess is turning some of these pedals into rack versions would sell them to a even greater audience.
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear
Too pricey for me. Beautiful sounds though. I'll stick with my spring reverb outboard for now.
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear

Too pricey for me too at the moment but damn that sounds beautiful and enjoyed the presentation, need to get me some Strymon one of these!
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswitch View Post
Would be awesome if Strymon made some great 19" rack models of their pedals wouldn't you guys agree?
The pedals cover it for me. What I'd like to see, since these are essentially digitally boxes (correct me if I'm wrong), are plugin versions of each Strymon pedal. THAT would be insanely useful.

And if we're talking about the ultimate ITB rig, get Scuffham to work a deal with Strymon to write plugins which operate directly within S-Gear. My beloved analog gear would soon start showing up on eBay.
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

Yeah, had to preorder this. Anyone wanna buy a mint condition Blue Sky for $225? Lemme know if you do....
Old 21st October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdfishee View Post
I would actually love to mangle some vocals through this sucker.
I'm late to the party, having just heard some of the later demos. I agree - this could render some cool and unique sounds. I'm also interested in what is basically the opposite - the chorale verbs - which create vocals out of other inputs. Sorta. It could be a great accompaniment for solo gigs or for small bands. Or just a guitar sound with vocal backing.
Old 28th October 2013
Lives for gear

Picking one up this week! When it's not on my pedal board, it will def be a send on mix. Why not!

It has a nonlinear model, with a "gated" mode, and is just begging to be put on some fat 80's snare.
Old 28th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswitch View Post

I'm not a guitar player. I like my outboard effects to be placed in racks in the nicest way possible. My guess is turning some of these pedals into rack versions would sell them to a even greater audience.
I emailed them few months ago about this.. delay (el capistan) and reverb units would be very appreciated!

Cheu
Old 28th October 2013
Lives for gear

Rack enclosure + balanced connections + digital i/o = yes please!
Old 28th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_allison View Post
Rack enclosure + balanced connections + digital i/o = yes please!
+1!
Oh yeah!!

I'd buy one immediately!! Actually two.. the Big Sky and the El Capistan!! heh heh heh

Cheu
Old 28th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheu78 View Post
+1!
Oh yeah!!

I'd buy one immediately!! Actually two.. the Big Sky and the El Capistan!! heh heh heh
Sent an email this morning, already got a "Thanks, I'll pass it on!" reply. Who knows. They seem like a company that enjoys delivering what the people want.

Rack units would also be useful for touring rigs. I'm sure it's just a matter of time.
Old 28th October 2013
Here for the gear

I love Strymon - My biggest issue with them is that the only thing that competes with them in their area is another Strymon pedal, and they are too damn expensive to own a bunch of them. For instance, I LOVE, L-O-V-E my Strymon Flint, so while I'd love to have a Big Sky, I can't justify it (even to myself) because of the pedal I already love.
Old 28th October 2013
Lives for gear

I love timeline, not only for guitar apps, also used and loved it in mixes. The soundquality is great to my ears!

If this one is as good as the TL I will buy it for the studio! Always good to have something next to my Lexicon PCMs as an alternative.
Old 29th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_allison View Post
Sent an email this morning, already got a "Thanks, I'll pass it on!" reply. Who knows. They seem like a company that enjoys delivering what the people want.

Rack units would also be useful for touring rigs. I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

People have been asking for plug in versions and rackmount versions for years... I wouldn't hold your breath.
Old 29th October 2013
Gear Guru

Yeah I asked for a rack version a couple a years back. That being said, if you wanna rack version just get a Eventide. heh
Old 3rd November 2013
Gear Maniac

Anyone using Big Sky together with Timeline?

Interested in how they complement one another

My primary use is for amplified violin so looking for as non digital sounding as possible
Old 4th November 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by violindave View Post
Anyone using Big Sky together with Timeline?
I noticed it being used with the Timeline earlier today in this review:

May have to sell my Blue Sky and upgrade..
Old 4th November 2013
Lives for gear

Sounds real good! Would be great if it has balanced IO for the studio. One of the few things that I miss from Timeline. But the rest is damn good. One of the best top delays to me!
Old 4th November 2013
DSK
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagoo View Post
I noticed it being used with the Timeline earlier today in this review:

May have to sell my Blue Sky and upgrade..
Old 4th November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewj View Post
Sounds real good! Would be great if it has balanced IO for the studio. One of the few things that I miss from Timeline. But the rest is damn good. One of the best top delays to me!
You should be fine with short cable runs. I believe it handles line level no problem.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search