All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
AES-NYC: Electronaut M97
Old 21st April 2015
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucin Niega View Post
Was it ever released?
Hi Lucin et al,

M97 production is finally under way, and the first units have shipped. The response has been great and I'm psyched! (and exhausted ) I should have some quotes and testimonials to post over the next few weeks.

There's a bunch of new information on the website, and I'll be adding audio samples and some videos detailing the features over the next couple of months. In the meantime I'm spending long hours making these things and catching up with pre-orders -- it's a lot of work and I'm still working out how to do the assembly process efficiently, etc..

Still so much left to do!!
Old 26th September 2015
Lives for gear

Updates? Reviews? Clips?
Old 26th September 2015
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucin Niega View Post
Updates? Reviews? Clips?
Still haven't gotten around to making the clips... sorry! It's been really busy around here. I have a few clients who have expressed interest in making audio clips for me with their M97s, but you know how it goes -- people are busy!

Electronaut's facebook page has several quotes from happy clients on it, which you might find interesting. I'll paraphrase a few here...

"The m97 is the best built, best sounding compressor I have ever used. It rivals a Fairchild sonically, and crushes it with its versatility. Completely controllable tube biasing and input detection allow you to make your M97 sound like no one else's M97. Worth every penny to have a great sounding compressor, worth so much more to have it sound like you."Patrick Dillet, NYC.

"Bar none, one of the best compressors on the planet and some of the most beautiful industrial design I've ever seen. Pepsi challenge w/ any Fairchild I've ever heard and this thing wins hands down." – Brian Bender, The Motherbrain, Los Angeles

"I can't sleep since it arrived!!! It's absolutely f'n baffling how it sounds." -Sahba Sizdahkhani, NYC

"Within an hour, it was installed, used on a session, and has already become a necessary part of our signal chain." – Mark Greenberg, The Loft, Chicago. (Wilco's recording studio)

–*–*–*–*

I have a TON of things to get done between now and the end of October in preparation for AES in NYC, but as soon as I get caught up I promise to get the audio clips online, etc.

As for reviews, I can't promise I'll be going that traditional "marketing" route. The M97 is an expensive build, and I would need to dedicate several units concurrently in order to get reviews in magazines, etc.. So far the M97 has been selling itself via happy clients and word-of-mouth, and that has kept me plenty busy. If things keep going this way, I'll probably opt to stay focused on building compressors and developing the next project(s). Marketing isn't exactly my favorite past-time so if I can get away with avoiding it altogether, I'll be psyched!

I hope that helps...

Last edited by electronaut; 29th September 2015 at 09:29 PM.. Reason: Bad grammar
Old 9th March 2016
m97 manual

Rob Roy just posted the manual and its epic
Old 9th March 2016
Old 9th March 2016
Rob Roy just posted the manual for the M97 and it is EPIC!!

check it out,
https://electronaut.info/manuals/
Old 20th October 2016
csj
Gear Nut

Any update on sound clips ?
Old 27th March 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Mixwell View Post
Rob Roy just posted the manual for the M97 and it is EPIC!!

check it out,
manuals - Electronaut Co
F***er comes in a wood crate...Insane!
Old 29th March 2018
the m97 is one the greatest compressors ever designed. PERIOD!!

Rob Roy has changed the game with this box!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search