The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Wavesfactory releases "Little Harmonium" for Kontakt
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Addict

SamplesLoops Wavesfactory releases "Little Harmonium" for Kontakt

Wavesfactory - Little Harmonium

We sampled an harmonium from the late XIX century. The harmonium, or pump organ, is a type of reed organ that generates sound with foot-pumped bellows.
This particular organ only has one stop, we created a Facebook album to show you the actual instrument.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6943180&type=3

It has 3 optional round robin (repetitions)t and 1 velocity layer. The volume of the instrument depends on the amount of air that you put inside using the foot-pumped bellows. If you go faster, you can hear the volume changes. That's been modelled inside Kontakt and you can replicate that sound using the modwheel.

Attack, release volume, sample offset, EQ, flip stereo, spread (from stereo to mono) and octave voicing controllabe directly from the GUI.

Screencast:

GUI:

Box:

Get this library now for only €9.95!

Wavesfactory - Little Harmonium
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Very cool demos and the price is interesting but too bad the GUI is old Kontakt 3 style.
I know, I'm addicted to nice GUIs, for some reason they help my workflow.
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapsang View Post
Very cool demos and the price is interesting but too bad the GUI is old Kontakt 3 style.
I know, I'm addicted to nice GUIs, for some reason they help my workflow.
Yes, I know what you mean.
The problem is that Kontakt 3.5 only supports this kind of default GUI knobs and buttons. We would have to use Kontakt 4.1 or superior in order to have custom GUI elements. That means that people with Kontakt 3 wouldn't be able to open the library (is there anybody working with Kontakt 3?)
But you're right, we also love nice GUIs.
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

I like it. There is quite a lot of room sound though, and it doesn't seem to be adjustable. Correct? Still...very usable and musical.
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Nut

Sounds great! Thank you for continuing to respect backward compatibility for those of us who've opted out of the NI forced-upgrade march.
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOS View Post
I like it. There is quite a lot of room sound though, and it doesn't seem to be adjustable. Correct? Still...very usable and musical.
That's controllable with the "release volume" knob. Check out the second half of the video where each knob is tweaked.
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitflipper View Post
Sounds great! Thank you for continuing to respect backward compatibility for those of us who've opted out of the NI forced-upgrade march.
Thanks!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search