The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
FabFilter Pro-MB
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

Software FabFilter Pro-MB

A new approach
Instead of conventionally splitting the entire spectrum with crossovers, Pro-MB enables you to directly create a new band at the frequency range you want to work on. Think bands, not crossovers!

The interactive multiband display clearly shows that the rest of the spectrum stays untouched. And if desired, you can easily snap bands together to recreate a traditional crossover system.

Lifesaver and timesaver
FabFilter Pro-MB introduces a unique Dynamic Phase processing mode. It has virtually the same frequency response as traditional multiband processing, but doesn't introduce latency or pre-ringing, and only introduces minor phase changes when the gain actually changes. Of course, we have also included an excellent Linear Phase mode and a traditional Minimum Phase mode.

The powerful combination of high quality processing, optimized workflow using the interactive multiband display and all the expert features you need, makes Pro-MB both a lifesaver and timesaver!

FabFilter goodies
Of course, you also get all the usual FabFilter goodies: perfectly tuned knobs, MIDI Learn, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an excellent help file with interactive help hints, SSE optimization and much more!

Key features
  • Up to six processing bands, freely placed anywhere in the spectrum
  • Bands can be easily snapped together to form a traditional crossover system
  • Unique Dynamic Phase processing mode featuring zero latency, no static phase changes and no pre-ringing artifacts
  • Excellent Linear Phase processing mode, eliminating audible artifacts when quickly changing crossover frequencies
  • Minimum Phase processing mode
  • Handles any form of dynamics processing, from highly transparent compression, limiting and expansion to pumping upward compression and punchy gating
  • Fully customizable per band: threshold, range, attack, release, output gain, ratio, variable knee, lookahead (up to 20 ms), variable stereo linking, mid- or side-only processing, external side chain input, triggering on a separate frequency range
  • Steepness of each crossover slope can be freely adjusted between 6 dB/oct and 48 dB/oct
  • Intelligent, highly program- and frequency-dependent attack and release curves
  • Global dry/wet mix from 0% to 200% to easily scale the total effect of the plug-in
  • Unique interactive multiband display, designed for an optimal workflow
  • Accurate and smooth real-time frequency analyzer with pre- and post-processing options and 'freeze' feature
  • High-quality audio processing algorithms with 64-bit internal processing where needed
  • Up to four times linear-phase oversampling
  • Band solo/mute and bypass options
  • Precise output metering
  • GPU-powered graphics acceleration
  • Double-click text entry of parameter values
  • Stereo and mono plug-ins available
  • Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces
  • MIDI Learn
  • Undo/redo and A/B comparison
  • Smart Parameter Interpolation
  • Sample-accurate automation of all parameters
  • Extensive help file with interactive help hints
  • Available in VST, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native and AudioSuite formats (all both 64-bit and 32-bit), as well as RTAS (32-bit only)

Link : FabFilter Pro-MB - Multiband Compressor/Expander Plug-In VST VST3 AU AAX RTAS AudioSuite

Last edited by Grahamdwc; 29th October 2013 at 01:50 PM.. Reason: info updated, thanks woodsdenis
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Nut

great news!
Old 16th October 2013
I only own one plug by fabfilter, pro q, and it's amazing. I can only imagine how intuitive this is going to be.
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

Hopefully this sounds killer, as it looks great
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Nut

Oh hell yeah! This is going to be awesome!
Old 16th October 2013
It looks great, but it'd have to go a LONG way to beat McDSP's ML4000, in my book.
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

Looks amazing. Just amazing. Ridiculously amazing.

I love the idea of being able to select different side chain sources for the bands. There are some seriously powerful and creative options that are now possible with that.
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by staudio View Post
I love the idea of being able to select different side chain sources for the bands. There are some seriously powerful and creative options that are now possible with that.
Yeah, this will be great
Old 17th October 2013
Here for the gear

New FabFilter Pro-MB multiband compression plug-in

Just seen this...

Looks nice

Released tomorrow by the looks of things.

Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Wow. I'm gonna have to trial this. Might be THE C4/6 replacement.
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Addict

Holy plugin hell. This is the one to replace the beloved bx_DynEQ for me. How am I gonna tell him/her without coming across like a man-floozie.
Old 17th October 2013
I got brain fried watching that video!

Fabfilter is making some pretty powerful tools.
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Guru

New Fabfilter PRO MB !!

No need to comment !! great as usual ...

Old 17th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Definitely picking this up.
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

wow, very nice…
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Tout a fait d'accord avec toi/Totally agree with you @Jeezo , no need to add more and on top of that @DanWorrall great vids tutorials, I mean going to grab this :-) Thanks for sharing the video amigo :-)
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Guru

Those guyz are serious ....in all aspect ...
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

I had a smile on my face while watching that video. Fabfilter knows its stuff.
Old 17th October 2013
Deleted User #106149
Dan should set up his own tutorial company. I was hoping for something else from Fabfilter tbh. Will be handy for some Mastering but refuse to use multi during mixing. I would like to see Fabfilter increase their older plugin oversampling levels.
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Looks great (as you would expect from FF).

I wonder if this is aimed at being an improvement over Pro-C when used in single band mode ??
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Well, that looks like state of the art..
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
Looks great (as you would expect from FF).

I wonder if this is aimed at being an improvement over Pro-C when used in single band mode ??
It sounds fantastic in single band mode. Transparent and strong which is a rare combo. + It has more features than Pro-C even in Single band mode but it doesn't replace Pro-C.
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

yeah baby

wow!

how much? (FF website is in denial)

actually i know i can just buy this without demoing, that's how good the Fabbys plugs are.

Goodbye Waves LinMB methinks

carry on....
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vank View Post
It sounds fantastic in single band mode. Transparent and strong which is a rare combo. + It has more features than Pro-C even in Single band mode but it doesn't replace Pro-C.
Thanks, very interesting.
That sounds like the opinion of someone with first hand experience
Old 17th October 2013
Old 17th October 2013
Purchased! If you already own one or more FabFilter plug-ins, log in to your account for your personal discount offer.

The GUI is stunning - one of the most fluid and responsive GUIs to date.

Sound quality is excellent!
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Head

Very nice!
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Morrison View Post
Purchased! If you already own one or more FabFilter plug-ins, log in to your account for your personal discount offer.

The GUI is stunning - one of the most fluid and responsive GUIs to date.

Sound quality is excellent!
How does it perform in single band mode Simon ?
I can't get near it for a few hours !
Old 17th October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
How does it perform in single band mode Simon ?
I can't get near it for a few hours !
Very transparent, even at ridiculous gain reduction settings.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search