The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
FabFilter Pro-MB
Old 29th October 2013
Gear Head

Adding my praise...

Consistently blown away by FabFilter - I've slowly collected all of them. Extremely useful tools that sound great and are (for the most part) intuitive.

Seems to me that they put most other plug-in manufacturers to shame - website, videos, compatibility updates, authorizations, attractive (and respectful) pricing scheme, etc...

Brilliant stuff FF!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Last edited by Loud Neighbor; 29th October 2013 at 09:59 PM.. Reason: redundant
Old 29th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
I don't know for C6, but I used C4 last 12 years and was my only tool for de-essing. Very good. C6 should be the same but with 2 band more.

But I don't use Waves any more because of WUP. It is too expensive to have plugins for the next 10 years thought. When I calculate how much I gave for the C4 only for a last 12 years it was too expensive for a one plugin.
The 2 extra bands on a c6 are floating, other wise looks identical, the FF MB is more transparent and much easier to use IMO
Old 30th October 2013
Here for the gear

great, they just need to release a channel strip now
Old 30th October 2013
Lives for gear

its a super powerful tool like all Fab plugs.

but... can you guys change the automation so the DAW records the center frequency and not the the two side frequency ranges... most confusing that...
Old 20th November 2013
Here for the gear
Hello everyone,

I am going to buy FF Pro-MB and I'm looking for a friend discount. Anyone on here that thinks we can help each other out? I've never bought a FF plug before so I don't have an existing account.

Kyle Hughes

Edit: Got one via PM. Now to go enjoy the new plug...

Last edited by kylehughesaudio; 20th November 2013 at 10:51 PM.. Reason: Received a response
Old 21st November 2013
Gear Nut

Excellent tool..

I've not always been a fan of such fiddly plug-ins but FabFilter seem to be able to strike that tricky balance between keeping things intuitive (in order for the user to remain creative) at the same time as covering all bases in terms of being able to adjust nigh on every parameter as finely as you might realistically desire.

Bombay mix.
Old 21st November 2013
Here for the gear

Wow just played with this plug, truly amazing, i may finally have found a replacement for the X5 plug

Can somebody please help me with a discount code?

Just got PM'd
Old 21st November 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by yofresh View Post
Wow just played with this plug, truly amazing, i may finally have found a replacement for the X5 plug

Can somebody please help me with a discount code?
pm`d
Old 21st November 2013
Lives for gear

If anyone needs the discount code, don't hesitate to pm me.
Old 29th November 2013
Lives for gear
Are people still pretty excited on this one? I've never purchased a multi band compressor before and don't really want to have more than one. Is this it?
Old 29th November 2013
Lives for gear

Yes, it definitely is THE multi band compressor. I have Waves C6, had Flux Alchemist, have Izotope Ozone 5 Advanced. All these are great, but Fabfilter Pro-MB is simply another league, and I mean it. One of the best plugin purchases in a long time.
Old 29th November 2013
Lives for gear

Fabfilter Pro-MB is amazing...and so cool to use. the sound quality is really top notch
Old 29th November 2013
It's got me on board and I have very little interest in previous multiband comps - it can help out in a lot of varied situations - try the demo
Old 29th November 2013
Lives for gear

Fab Filter it a truly fab company!!
Old 29th November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_04_04 View Post
I only own one plug by fabfilter, pro q, and it's amazing. I can only imagine how intuitive this is going to be.
What's amazing about it, in your opnion?
Old 29th November 2013
Agreed with everyone about this one being THE multiband to rule them all.

Amazing plugin with a ton of possibilities.
Old 26th December 2013
Lives for gear

It's such a great tool. I'm using it extensively these days and it helps me to solve situations that were impossible for me to solve before (perhaps would be with use of brainworx or melda dynamic eq, but...).
It is in expander mode as often as in the compression mode, helping to de-cluter some poorly mixed areas. Often I'm keying the sidechain off the different portion of the spectrum. For example keeping snare bright smooth out the rest at 5k with ~200hz sidechain. Sometimes just moving the sidechain area slightly lower or higher can make the results more musical.

I still wish there was standard bell filter available for some more surgical apps. The minimum width with steepest crossovers is quite wide, esp. in the highest octave, though not just there.
Old 24th January 2014
Lives for gear

Anyone selling Pro-MB? If yes, pm me.
Old 3rd February 2014
Lives for gear

I love this plug. It has replaced EQ many times with superior results.
Old 13th March 2014
Gear Nut

If anyone is interested in obtaining a discount code for this wonderful plugin, just PM your email and I'll be happy to send you one!
Old 13th March 2014
Gear Addict

Great, great plugin - I never was a fan of mulitiband while mixing before this one!
Old 11th February 2015
News Desk Editor

Software

FabFilter has released a bug-fix update for both FabFilter Pro-MB and Pro-Q 2. The update fixes various bugs and small visual issues that surfaced since the December 2014 update that introduced Retina support and added numerous FabFilter Pro-MB features. FabFilter recommends all customers to update to these latest versions.

What's new in FabFilter Pro-MB 1.11 and FabFilter Pro-Q 2.03?
  • Fixed a bug that caused knobs and sliders to respond incorrectly to subtle mouse movements while dragging on OS X and on High DPI displays on Windows
  • Pro-MB: Renamed the existing interface size options to Medium and Extra Large, and added a new intermediate Large option that will fit comfortably on 1920x1080 monitors on OS X
  • Pro-MB: Fixed a bug when deleting a muted band in Dynamic Phase mode: the mute effect would remain audible after deleting the band
  • Pro-MB: Fixed display behavior when zoomed in horizontally: display curves and dragging would not work correctly for bands docked at the left or right edges of the frequency scale
  • Pro-MB: Fixed sidechain filtering control behavior when zoomed in horizontally in the display
  • Pro-MB: Fixed possibly incorrect gain change reporting for bands that use compression in combination with a Stereo Link setting below 100%
  • Pro-Q 2: Fixed a bug in the VST 2 plugin (introduced in Pro-Q 2.02) that caused the Auto Gain setting to always be set to Off when loading sessions saved with Pro-Q 2.01
  • Various small visual fixes and improvements

These updates are fully compatible with previous versions, and free for existing FabFilter Pro-MB and Pro-Q 2 owners. The latest versions and 30-day trials of all FabFilter plug-ins are available for download now at FabFilter Download VST VST3 AU AAX RTAS AudioSuite.

FabFilter Pro-Q 2 is available for EUR 149, USD 179 or GBP 114, and FabFilter Pro-MB is available for EUR 169, USD 199 or GBP 129, supporting both Windows and Mac OS X in VST and VST 3, Audio Units, AAX, RTAS and AudioSuite plug-in formats. Bundles with FabFilter Pro-Q 2, Pro-MB and other FabFilter plug-ins are also available at: FabFilter Shop - Buy Plug-ins and Bundles Online - VST VST3 AU AAX RTAS AudioSuite.

System requirements on Windows are either Windows 8, 7, Vista or XP and a VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools, or Mac OS X 10.5 or higher with Intel processor, and an Audio Units host, VST 2/3 host, or Pro Tools. Both 32-bit and 64-bit hosts are supported.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search