The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
FabFilter Pro-MB
Old 18th October 2013
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehightenor View Post
Wow.

This might be my first FabFilter purchase.

I'm hoping it will replace my TC Powerocre Dynamic EQ plugin.
If you need 10% discount, I can send you the link. Just PM me your email.

If you don't have an account it will work.

Cheers
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcb123 View Post
Perhaps you might have thought of that possibility, hence me asking the question, before attempting to school me with some patronising sarcasm .
How you got that from his reply is beyond me. Lighten up.
Old 18th October 2013
Deleted User #106149
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbackdoor View Post
How you got that from his reply is beyond me. Lighten up.
Sorry, no offense but perhaps sarcasm is beyond you then. Its pretty obvious in both comments.
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcb123 View Post
Sorry, no offense but perhaps sarcasm is beyond you then. Its pretty obvious in both comments.
The guy said sorry. You came back to deliver a bitchslap, with some heavy sarcasm. If you can't see what's wrong with that maybe the intertubes aren't for you, unless maybe it's commenting on YouTube videos.

Last edited by ZangTumblyTumble; 18th October 2013 at 03:31 PM.. Reason: missing word
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
10% discount... If you don't have an account it will work.
Well that explains why I never got my email. Eh well. Bought it anyway.
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear
Man someone went on a little thumbs down rampage on this thread...

Anywhoo, love this plugin! I used it all over the place yesterday and then came home and started thinking of a bunch of other scenarios that I want to try with it.

This thing covers so much ground, EG instantly this is hands down my favorite transient enhancer, which is just the tip of the iceberg of what it can do. It's an amazingly powerful gate! Didn't expect that either...

Admittedly I love FF. In the era where everyone wants to make countless imposters of analog gear, they IMO do digital right, playing to it's strengths and not just slapping different GUI's and fixed settings on the same basic algorithms and selling them over and over.
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

Bought it, I'm a total bundle owner so they gave me a great discount.

First mix I put it on instantly becomes better with very little effort. Very powerful plug.

One of the biggest things that make the Fabfilter plugins so good overall is the interface is very efficient and inspires the kind of experimentation that uncovers improvements and ideas that you might not have initially thought of.
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Admittedly I love FF. In the era where everyone wants to make countless imposters of analog gear, they IMO do digital right, playing to it's strengths
THIS! Not to knock analogue emu's--I've a few myself--but FF do "HERE & NOW" like nobody else.

Their GUI's are so beautiful.

And Dan Worrall's tutorials can not be beat! I wish all companies showed you how to work their new products in such a direct, patient, articulate way. He's like the Bob Ross of plug-ins.
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear
Yeah man I'm not on a witch hunt, whatever get's the job done...even if I know a pill is just sugar, I'll buy it and eat it if it works (not saying that's the case with emus btw...).

Man this plug really, really, really rocks! Has anyone else tried this primarily as a gate yet? Certainly frequency conscious sidechain gating isn't new, but being able to do it MB is amazing!

Eg on snare you can set a much shorter release time for the top end where all the cymbal bleed is then they body, and have both opened by whatever range of the snare is loudest (which you can easily see on the analyzer).

Def not your average multibander here.
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear

If anyone wants to send me the 10% discount, please pm me.

EDIT: Someone sent me one. Thanks!
Old 19th October 2013
Gear Nut

I was just thinking a couple days ago,

"I wish I had something like this" ... multi band - multi side chain, I had actually set up 3 ITB ableton compressors to act like that.

I love fabfilters stuff... the regular Q is my go to...

I am imagining using this now on 2 tracks with opposite opposing effects, really get them moving.

Woot.

Sent from my XT907
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear

thanks to KingOfSwing i joined the FabFilter family for Pro-Q with a discount… but took the plunge today for Pro-L and Pro-MB - my wallets not happy but dynamic discounts made it worthwhile - and I gotta say that I'm very impressed with these tools.
Old 19th October 2013
Gear Nut

If anyone needs a discount email, send me a PM and I'll be happy to send you one. You'll get 10% off and I'll get a $14 credit to use to puchase the Pro-MB
Old 19th October 2013
ska
Gear Nut

Why isn't this thread at the new product altert section?
If I didn't got a mail about this product I would'nt had knew about it, and it took me a while to find this thread...

Anyway...it looks like Fabfilter did it again!
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear

Yes, I don't know why this thread is here either. I don't think FF has anything to do with AES, there's nothing on their website about it.
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djanthonyw View Post
Yes, I don't know why this thread is here either. I don't think FF has anything to do with AES, there's nothing on their website about it.
I think they just move any new product alerts over when there is a big trade show.It gets moved back when it finishes.
Old 19th October 2013
Gear Maniac

I wanna see Dan Worrall's face
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupiraille View Post
I wanna see Dan Worrall's face
I would much rather touch it
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

Top marks Fabfilter
Old 21st October 2013
Lives for gear

Yeah, this thread is in the completely wrong place as far as I know.
Old 21st October 2013
Gear Nut

I apologize for OT in advance, but can someone send me a discount code? Thanks!

EDIT: Hooked up be Den and others. Thanks fellas!

Last edited by trepbale; 21st October 2013 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: Good to go
Old 21st October 2013
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by trepbale View Post
I apologize for OT in advance, but can someone send me a discount code? Thanks!
Just PM'd you.
And sent.
Old 22nd October 2013
Gear Maniac

This thing is awesome. I honestly love this company. I've been looking for a multiband comp with an external sidechain for a while now, when I heard about this plug in I immediately downloaded it and purchased it about 5 minutes later.

I've was using it for a post mix today. ducking 300-1.5k on the music track, keyed to the VO was a pretty effective of increasing vocal clarity.

I started messing with it as a mastering processor a little bit. Being able to easily mono everything within a band ( low end ) was really nice.

I like to use muli comps in my mixing. mc4000 and ml4000 were my go to plugs. I love the mcdsp guys but the interface and control of all the fab filter plugins is just on another level.
Old 22nd October 2013
Gear Head

Another winner from Fabfilter
If anyone needs a 10% Fabfilter friend discount code, pm me your email and i'll send you one
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

Has anyone A-B compared the Fab Pro-MB to the hardware System 6000 multiband?

I think the hardware System 6000 multiband can sound very, very good, on particular mixes, when used carefully....

I know the Pro-MB does some things the System 6000 does not... and I know the interface is very different on them....

but I just mean.... in terms of absolute sound quality and transparency... how do the two compare?
Old 23rd October 2013
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixerguy View Post
Has anyone A-B compared the Fab Pro-MB to the hardware System 6000 multiband?

I think the hardware System 6000 multiband can sound very, very good, on particular mixes, when used carefully....

I know the Pro-MB does some things the System 6000 does not... and I know the interface is very different on them....

but I just mean.... in terms of absolute sound quality and transparency... how do the two compare?
Do You mean MD4?
Totally different processors. MD4 is complex processor, and it has Normalizer, soft peak clipper, 4 band multicomp/exp, and brickwall limiter.
MD4 is a pro high level mastering tool, and it sounds like you'd used hardware comps and limiters in the chain.

Note to mod:
Please move this thread to new products forum. Fabfilter is not AES exhibitor. Thanks.
http://www.aes.org/events/135/exhibitors/list.cfm
Old 29th October 2013
Deleted User
De esser

I think there is no better sounding de-esser on the market for OSX right now.
I will pull the trigger soon...
PM-me your email for 10% discount. Sending in one minute. (If you don't have account on the Fabfilter only).

Opps. Looks like we are beamed to the right place again.
Old 29th October 2013
Gear Head

How do you testers and users think it compares with Waves C6?
I try on my own, but other opinions are welcome.
Old 29th October 2013
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeg5 View Post
I try on my own, but other opinions are welcome.
I don't know for C6, but I used C4 last 12 years and was my only tool for de-essing. Very good. C6 should be the same but with 2 band more.

But I don't use Waves any more because of WUP. It is too expensive to have plugins for the next 10 years thought. When I calculate how much I gave for the C4 only for a last 12 years it was too expensive for a one plugin.
Old 29th October 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeg5 View Post
It feels more transparent to me. Hard to say if that's a placebo effect but it does seem to get me to where I want every time. I have been a big fan of the C6 for a long time and used it often but with the C6, I would find myself endlessly tweaking. On the ProMB, I find what I want quite quickly.
A huge part of it is the user interface. SO much more intuitive and user friendly. Access to M/S , panning, compression or expansion and the 'free' mode for the side chain on every individual eq point are all very welcome.
It feels I don't have to make sonic sacrifices when using multi-bands. God help me if I ever had enough DSP to use this on every channel
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search