The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Sasquatch Kick Machine Released
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Sasquatch Kick Machine Released

Hey Guys. Boz Digital Labs released Sasquatch Kick Machine last night. It's a plugin designed to enhance, or completely destroy your kick drums.

Sasquatch Kick Machine | Boz Digital Labs

A free trial version is also available for you to try it out before buying.

It will also be on sale until Friday.
Old 16th October 2013
No aaX2, no buy....
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

Can't see a link to the trial version to check this out anywhere? Am I going crazy, blind or just....

Zz.
Old 16th October 2013
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by climber View Post
No aaX2, no buy....
We're working on getting RTAS and AAX up and running. It will probably be a couple weeks though.
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Addict

great news about RTAS and AAX.
but the sale is ending. Will you be offering it again for PT customers?
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macsearcher View Post
great news about RTAS and AAX.
but the sale is ending. Will you be offering it again for PT customers?
We haven't worked out the details of what we will do when we get the RTAS/AAX version released, but we will do something to let the ProTools users in on a deal as well.
Old 16th October 2013
Here for the gear

Oh yeah, while Pro Tools users may not be "people", we'll pretend you like you are anyway. Expect the same bargain when we work out the details.

Brandon
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Just a quick reminder that this will be 50% off until tomorrow at 6.
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

Had a play with this and found it really useful and flexible. Will definitely pick it up shortly.
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear

120$ for a kick designer :S
Old 22nd October 2013
Gear Head

Will not comment on the price.It was on sale 50% off for a little while...
BUT it's a REALLY good "kick designer"... really good...
Old 23rd October 2013
Gear Maniac

We'll be having another sale when we release the RTAS version. I have the windows version working, I just need to get the mac RTAS version working. I should hopefully be having a first draft of that working tonight.
Old 4th November 2013
A great idea for a kick plugin. Was very excited to test it. But when I played around with the trial version, I didn't like it, because I got phase issues when enhancing an existing kick. The low end was dropping and coming back regularly. Even tweaking it manually or trying different presets didn't help.

I think I'll stick to EQ, comp, transient designer, envelopes etc. to craft my kicks.
Old 18th January 2014
Here for the gear

Any News on the AAX front? I just switched over to PT11 and I'm missing my Sasquatch!!

-Jimmy
Old 18th January 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft_bonz View Post
A great idea for a kick plugin. Was very excited to test it. But when I played around with the trial version, I didn't like it, because I got phase issues when enhancing an existing kick. The low end was dropping and coming back regularly. Even tweaking it manually or trying different presets didn't help.

I think I'll stick to EQ, comp, transient designer, envelopes etc. to craft my kicks.
I had someone else complain about that and it turned out they had their release time way too fast, not giving the tone time to even make it through a half wave cycle, which made it kind of sporadic on how loud each kick would be.

If you still have the trial version, do you mind trying to bring up the release time, or the sustain time just a bit to see if that fixes the issue? If not, then I need to look into why it's doing that.
Old 18th January 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuprchrgedSi View Post
Any News on the AAX front? I just switched over to PT11 and I'm missing my Sasquatch!!

-Jimmy
It's coming along. I will probably release my freebie (Bark of Dog) in AAX first to test the waters on a larger audience, and if everything there goes well, I'll release everything else in AAX.
Old 18th January 2014
mixmixmix
that should cost $20 max. really
Old 18th January 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixmixmix View Post
that should cost $20 max. really
Cool. You're more than welcome to make your own and sell it for what you think it should be.
Old 21st January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozmillar View Post
I had someone else complain about that and it turned out they had their release time way too fast, not giving the tone time to even make it through a half wave cycle, which made it kind of sporadic on how loud each kick would be.

If you still have the trial version, do you mind trying to bring up the release time, or the sustain time just a bit to see if that fixes the issue? If not, then I need to look into why it's doing that.
Sorry boz

Already deinstalled it.
Old 29th March 2017
Here for the gear

I realise this is an old thread but looking at some of the comments its still relevant.. I am using Sasquatch AAX in Pro Tools 12.7.1 on Mac Yosemite 10.10.5 & i find it to have phase issues also.

Boz you have mentioned that the release or sustain may have been to short but turning either of these up are no longer giving me the tight punch I wanted in the kick therefore I don't see the point. In saying that with either of these up I still found it to have phase issues.

I think its a great idea & the tweakable parameters I love, just perhaps it doesn't internally react fast enough? Im not sure but Phase is the first thing I rid
of a mix so a plugin that adds to that is troublesome. Unless I want an 808 then this sucker hammers!

Last edited by djorphan; 29th March 2017 at 12:04 AM.. Reason: poor grammer
Old 29th March 2017
Gear Maniac

What phase issues are you having with it? Is the generated low frequencies clashing with the original low frequencies? If this is the case, then if you go into the Direct controls, there is a hpf in there that lets you get rid of the low frequencies in the original sound so that it doesn't clash with the generated tone. If that fixes it for you, let me know. Otherwise, I'd like to hear some examples of what you are hearing, because without hearing it, it's hard to pinpoint exactly what's going on.

On a separate but similar note, the reason I'm doing this sale right now is because I'm planning the release of version 2.0, and the second version will be a lot easier to use, and I'll definitely look into making it so phase issues aren't even possible so that they don't have to be dialed out.
Old 2nd April 2017
Here for the gear

How much will it cost to upgrade from version 1 to version 2?
Old 3rd April 2017
Gear Guru

Here's 2 videos i shot for you guyz in case , some still wonder if they would get this , i let you guyz judge but at 20 $ : must have in book !!

PART I :

1) Controls tour
2) Fun on Kicks, snare , clap even HH !!

PART II :

Advanced technic via Aux tracks

Thks for watching , be sure to like and sub if you're down (and share & comment

Cheers

Zo
Old 3rd April 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozmillar View Post
What phase issues are you having with it? Is the generated low frequencies clashing with the original low frequencies? If this is the case, then if you go into the Direct controls, there is a hpf in there that lets you get rid of the low frequencies in the original sound so that it doesn't clash with the generated tone. If that fixes it for you, let me know. Otherwise, I'd like to hear some examples of what you are hearing, because without hearing it, it's hard to pinpoint exactly what's going on.

On a separate but similar note, the reason I'm doing this sale right now is because I'm planning the release of version 2.0, and the second version will be a lot easier to use, and I'll definitely look into making it so phase issues aren't even possible so that they don't have to be dialed out.
I hope easier doesn't mean less controls

Mouse scroll support please , as well as autogain , light on cpu limiter if possible , bigger gui .... and a good price !!!

Thks for making such great tools
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search