The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Dave Smith Instruments Announces Mopho Special Edition Keyboard
Old 15th October 2013
News Desk Editor

Hardware Dave Smith Instruments Announces Mopho Special Edition Keyboard

Dave Smith Instruments today introduced a special edition of its popular monophonic analog synthesizer, the Mopho Keyboard. “The Mopho family of instruments has been ground-breaking for us and for our customers in terms of value,” said DSI’s Andrew McGowan. “And I think it’s pretty apparent from the way the industry responded that we were on to something with smaller, more affordable, but full-featured instruments, whether modules or keyboards. But there is no typical synthesizer user and we’ve gotten feedback from customers who loved the synth’s sound and features, but who wanted an instrument with a larger keyboard. Now there is one.”

The Mopho SE (special edition) sports an expanded, full-sized, 44-note, semi-weighted keyboard with velocity sensitivity and aftertouch. The larger keyboard facilitates certain playing techniques—like smears for synth bass lines—and is more appropriate for use as a MIDI controller both onstage and in the studio. Even with the additional octave of keys, it’s still just a little more than 25 inches long and its trim profile and light weight make it ideal for gigging. And, like the other Mopho Keyboards, the polyphony can be expanded with the addition of a DSI Tetra or another Mopho synth.

The front panel artwork is now screen printed directly onto the Mopho SE’s sturdy metal enclosure. And it features a full complement of the Prophet 12’s great looking, and even better feeling, soft-touch knobs.

“A lot of synths in this price range have to cut corners to hit a price point; the Mopho SE takes a no compromise approach. As a family of products, these instruments offer great sound and a lot of bang for the buck to a wide variety of players,” concluded McGowan. “There’s a Mopho for just about every synth need.”

The Mopho SE will be shipping by the end of October with a projected MAP of $949.

Link : Dave Smith Instruments :: Mopho SE Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer.
Old 15th October 2013
Lives for gear

Finally a nice looking mopho. I have the mopho desktop model and i cant stand the uggly yellow color.
Old 15th October 2013
Lives for gear

For $100 more than the original Mopho Keys, I think it's a great option.
I like the look.
Old 15th October 2013
Lives for gear

lol man I LOVE DSI, own P08 and PEK but why on earth not pay 200 more for 3 more voices in the X4???

This is JUST a mopho in diff case and more keys right?
Old 15th October 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike vee View Post
lol man I LOVE DSI, own P08 and PEK but why on earth not pay 200 more for 3 more voices in the X4???

This is JUST a mopho in diff case and more keys right?
Almost. The Mopho X4 cannot process external audio, the Mopho SE can.
Old 15th October 2013
Lives for gear

Looks like it comes with prophet style knobs?
Old 6th December 2013
Here for the gear

Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonykara View Post
Almost. The Mopho X4 cannot process external audio, the Mopho SE can.

I'm confused, looking at the Spec's it looks to me like this is exactly the same keyboard as the mopho x4, except it can manipulate external audio.

It has 2 oscillators and 2 sub oscillators. but someone said that It only has one voice....

Maybe it's my understanding of what a 'voice' is
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search