The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cakewalk SONAR X3 - Available Now
Old 18th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
X3D : video

X3C : bug fixes
hi Jeezo cakewalk release x3d. how is their new video stuffs? can you edit video this time? or import 2 video?
Old 18th December 2013
Lives for gear

Smile

did not attempt anything but playing video synched to 250 channels on X3d, the new video engine is flawless... a big big big improvement..

ok, you can call me a "Fanboy" of Sonar X3d, i just don't care,I love the software, and it's definitely the best daw out there for me. and since most of my studio's income comes from movie and tv soundtracks, video improvement was my #1 request for years..
Old 25th December 2013
Lives for gear

youre not Fanboy. this is essential to all daw. you should move the video like nudendo+ cut paste or import multiple video.
Old 7th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by firubbi View Post
youre not Fanboy. this is essential to all daw. you should move the video like nudendo+ cut paste or import multiple video.
i am really happy with perfect playing of the video, editing i can do in other softwares more suited for that...
Old 7th January 2014
Old 7th January 2014
Do not support Cakewalk. They do not care about customer service!

I owned sonar since 8.5. since x1 it has been nothing but bugs. The take lanes (which would obviously be heavily used) do not work! they crash sonar, also simple things like cutting audio can crash the program.. or resizing clips. Take a look on their forum and see how buggy their software is. Go with Cubase or Pro Tools. Even Reaper is more stable than Sonar.

To make matters worse, they acknowledge there are problems with X2. but say that the only way we can have them fixed is to pay to upgrade to X3? this is AWFUL

DO NOT BUY

1/5 stars

-A Hugely disappointed customer
Old 7th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by taturana View Post
did not attempt anything but playing video synched to 250 channels on X3d, the new video engine is flawless... a big big big improvement..

ok, you can call me a "Fanboy" of Sonar X3d, i just don't care,I love the software, and it's definitely the best daw out there for me. and since most of my studio's income comes from movie and tv soundtracks, video improvement was my #1 request for years..
Indeed X3d is very solid for me over here
Old 7th January 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijahlucian View Post

I owned sonar since 8.5. since x1 it has been nothing but bugs. The take lanes (which would obviously be heavily used) do not work! they crash sonar, also simple things like cutting audio can crash the program.. or resizing clips. Take a look on their forum and see how buggy their software is. Go with Cubase or Pro Tools. Even Reaper is more stable than Sonar.

To make matters worse, they acknowledge there are problems with X2. but say that the only way we can have them fixed is to pay to upgrade to X3? this is AWFUL

DO NOT BUY

1/5 stars

It's not my experience.
I'm a pro and Sonar X3d is the best DAW on the market for me,again for me.
My clients begin to choose Sonar Prjs over the "industry standard" for its deep and clear sound.
The customer service is ok and the problem's reporter is perfect.
It's my experience.
Best
Old 7th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIM Productions View Post
It's not my experience.
I'm a pro and Sonar X3d is the best DAW on the market for me,again for me.
My clients begin to choose Sonar Prjs over the "industry standard" for its deep and clear sound.
The customer service is ok and the problem's reporter is perfect.
It's my experience.
Best
deep & clear sound??
Old 7th January 2014
Lives for gear

Old 8th January 2014
Lives for gear

I am also using Sonar X-3 Producer and am very satisfied.
Old 8th January 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by telluride View Post
deep & clear sound??
Yes,it's no joke.
With the same type of plug ins and the same chain of effects(eqs,comp,limit...),
in different DAWs we have different sound in the same prj (ADAM and K&H monitoring).
The clients,after our advices,choose the best master for their ears.
This is a professional behavior for us.
I don't know your.....

Best
Old 8th January 2014
Lives for gear

Old 10th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:

DO NOT BUY

1/5 stars

sonar could crash. BUT there must be a reason. i was trying to check how many duende eq can i insert... so after 16 eq it crash coz 1 duende pcie can hold 16 plug. so you will have to find it out. whats your system? let us see if we can fix your problem here

sonar is the best audio editing daw right now i guess. about mixing protools hdx should be the best because of their hardware and plugins. all the best ppl are working for protools...
i wish sonar can run on protools hdx .. or we can rec and edit on sonar, export as omf then import to protools :lol or sonar>rme aes32>hdx ... god knows what gibson will do with sonar
Old 10th January 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:

DO NOT BUY

1/5 stars

I don't know about the customer service thing, but I will say that the way they just abandoned X2 knowing major features like Take Lanes were not properly functioning is the main reason I have not upgraded to X3. I'm thinking long and hard about whether or not I want to continue on w/ Cakewalk after X2.
Old 21st January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladetragic View Post
I don't know about the customer service thing, but I will say that the way they just abandoned X2 knowing major features like Take Lanes were not properly functioning is the main reason I have not upgraded to X3. I'm thinking long and hard about whether or not I want to continue on w/ Cakewalk after X2.
exactly. I think I'll take my 150 dollars and put it towards something new. If only I could get my money back for sonar x1 and x2.

@firubbi: this was a CONFIRMED REPRODUCEABLE BUG with CW

THEY confirmed it and submitted it to development.

I can reproduce the bugs on all my systems. Go cut up some audio in take lanes and you will see exactly what im talking about!!!

Again I say. DO NOT BUY THIS CRAP.
Old 22nd January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
exactly. I think I'll take my 150 dollars and put it towards something new. If only I could get my money back for sonar x1 and x2.

@firubbi: this was a CONFIRMED REPRODUCEABLE BUG with CW

THEY confirmed it and submitted it to development.

I can reproduce the bugs on all my systems. Go cut up some audio in take lanes and you will see exactly what im talking about!!!

Again I say. DO NOT BUY THIS CRAP.
I agree the take lane do not work and need some work, but as a long time Cakewalk user, I did not have them before so it is not a big loss or deal for me. Maybe once they get the bugs worked out, I might start using them. Of all the good things SONAR can do, I would not dump them for that.
Old 18th March 2014
Lives for gear

Hey guys X3e is available now with a nice list of fixes and happy to say they addressed the above resetting issue I mentioned in nov in this update
Old 26th March 2014
Here for the gear

Hey blokes,

Just got an email from cakewalk offering me a "loyal customer" upgrade price of $99 to Sonar X3 Producer. I just remembered, I upgraded from 8.5 to X2 sometime last year, and didn't even bother to install it yet. Mainly got it 'cause they had some similarly low upgrade price happening, and there were probably some instruments I deemed worth having... I've been using Sonar Pro since v6.0. I think 8.5 had my highest approval, before I switched to Samplitude in 2012 (and OH yeah it does sound different, unless you're a deaf mute). However having multiple parallel take lanes all in one track was incredibly handy.

So while I track and edit mostly in Samp, I do still keep Sonar installed on my machine for some occasions.
So, is this X3 thing worth a Franklin?
Old 29th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAL View Post
Hey blokes,

Just got an email from cakewalk offering me a "loyal customer" upgrade price of $99 to Sonar X3 Producer. I just remembered, I upgraded from 8.5 to X2 sometime last year, and didn't even bother to install it yet. Mainly got it 'cause they had some similarly low upgrade price happening, and there were probably some instruments I deemed worth having... I've been using Sonar Pro since v6.0. I think 8.5 had my highest approval, before I switched to Samplitude in 2012 (and OH yeah it does sound different, unless you're a deaf mute). However having multiple parallel take lanes all in one track was incredibly handy.

So while I track and edit mostly in Samp, I do still keep Sonar installed on my machine for some occasions.
So, is this X3 thing worth a Franklin?
I think so.
I don't printback in x3e but I do all my vst and midi work with SONAR x3.
Most of my 3rd party tools work inside SONAR just fine.
I do not use any of the cake plugs other than the quantize tool. Fwiw.
EWQL, can be a bit unwielding and precocious at times . Nothing a synths rack freeze won't tame.
I like the layout and direction cake was headed along, hopefully the Gibson takeover won't see it head the direction of the Les Paul. ack!
Once I have my stems and synths all bounced, I export the job.
Cake for all midi work, in my world.
Cubase and slow tools for print.
📝 Reply